PDA

View Full Version : All most purged

Tina Dixon
01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Yep I almost did, I had time to dress today and it was the first time in weeks, I got dressed and I don't know but I just did not feel good about, I deleted most of my pictures on line here, deleted a website I was working on for my pictures, and even tossed all my girlie stuff in my truck for a drop off some wheres.

But I held back on the last one there and put my stuff away with out tossing it, gads a stupid hissy fit in a half hours time, don't know what hit me but to toss my wig and forms would have been a big mistake even if I need a break from dressing.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Tina

Raychel
01-28-2007, 04:31 PM
WOW Tina that is a very scary thing. I am so glad that you thought better of it and didn't actually go thru with it. That would have been just aweful. Although shopping for new things can be fun. :hugs:

MJ
01-28-2007, 04:32 PM
hey Tina
come on now girlfriend you know better that that , you know this is expensive " hobby " , just put everything away until you get the itch
love your avatar BTW
hugs Marissa

Kieron Andrew
01-28-2007, 04:33 PM
nooooo dont you dare....you know full well its an expensive thing to do! really gorgeous new avatar!

Tina Dixon
01-28-2007, 04:39 PM
What can I say, but yes I did put my stuff away, but god what a rotten feeling that came over me.

Betty H
01-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Tina,

First of all let me say that you are looking absolutley Terrific in your new avatar. Ok now more to the point ; I don't know what the reason was that made you feel like purging ; but at least you came to your senses - LOL- and did not trash your clothes ,makeup etc... Sometimes I have this moments every once in a while and say to myself -"just what the heck are you doin'" -it happens to all of us.But I know that you know that this is just as much a part of your person as as every other aspect of your personality is. So Dammit - just enjoy it (I am assuming when I say this that is is not causing you too much mental anguish). So c'mon put your pictures back up and start working on your website again.We would all miss you if you left. Besides your garage door would be awfully lonely without Tina. Now- go and make your self a frozen daquiri, put on the Lifetime channel and chill for the rest of the day. And if you ever get the urge to purge again be sure to call the help hotilne first-that would be all your sisters right here.

Bobbie cd
01-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Tina,

Glad you didn't go through with the whole purge thing.
Just goes to show, us "gurls" can be as moody as the GG's
sometimes, LOL.
Stick around, sister, us "biker chicks" gotta stick togrther! :D

Kieron Andrew
01-28-2007, 04:56 PM
What can I say, but yes I did put my stuff away, but god what a rotten feeling that came over me.btw if u do that again i aint gonna flirt with you ever again (that should stop her lol)

bredalee25
01-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Tina i can't beleave my eyes you almost purged your stuff thats scary for some of us out here. Well at least you did stop and think before you did toss your girly stuff out. I hope you have better luck after your break. Keep us informed of you progress you know you'll want to dress agfain and if you'd tossed it all out you'd have to buy it all over again and you know as well as i do how expensive it is to replace everything you toss out.

ttfn

Holly
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Gads, Tina, You too? Is there something in the water? Seems that there have been several of us gurls recently that have spoken the "P" word out loud. Glad you didn't go through with it. <Philosophy mode engaged> I wonder if it's that sometimes we just get these reality checks that no matter what we do that we will never be GG's. Maybe we sometimes get fixated on the wrong goal. Maybe we should be focusing our energy on being the best that we CAN be and not worry about what we CAN'T be.<Philosophy mode terminated>

Cherry Lynn
01-28-2007, 05:37 PM
I wonder about you biker chicks sometimes. LOL

Karren H
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Just set them in the third stall from the right, in the ladies restroom at the Clare rest area..... I'll pick them up next time I'm through there!! hehe

Glad you didn't do it!!!!

Love Karren

Kieron Andrew
01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Right thats it, first Holly, now you.....im banning that word....you know? that P word lol, if it doesnt exist you cant do it lol

Marla S
01-28-2007, 05:48 PM
That was close.
I'll bet and hope you feel better soon.:hugs:

Edie
01-28-2007, 05:52 PM
I also have been considering purging lately, and have not felt like dressing, shaving "everything" etc. Maybe it is the midwinter blahs.

Kieron Andrew
01-28-2007, 05:53 PM
i think its the come down after christmas and the cold blegggghhhhh weather

Tina Dixon
01-28-2007, 06:29 PM
May be its the water we drink heck I don't know, or for some it's the same old thing, I think Karen said it best in a new tread by her "find an alternative way to do what we all love to do!!".

Oh Karen I would love to see you in my size 40 forms and my red wig:thumbsup:

Wendy me
01-28-2007, 06:33 PM
you know i always thought how could some one just purge??? never understood it sounded just stupid .... OK not long ago relay down and a few "events" here i did purge. my thoughts were get rid of everything all my pics.. gone off the computer ( except the one my brother found ) my intent was to kill off Wendy ..... a truck full of things went to the G.W.... lucky for me my back was too sore to toss any more...

even though i knew it was wrong dame it just felt right... it is hard to explain but best i can say it was like a bad car wreck.... lucky for me a few real true girl Friends here and on a different site helped me see what i was doing and i stopped ... in my mind the pictures then the clothes and i even had my mind set the last thing i was going to do was shave my hair .. that would have ended it all ... i never got that far as you girls out there know WHO you are stopped it before i went that far....

purging sucks nu ff said?????.........

Adrienne Heels
01-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Just leave your things away until you get the urge again.......never purge!

SherriePall
01-28-2007, 07:00 PM
I once took time off from dressing. Let's see, how long was it? That's right, 24hours. Tina, we would have missed you something fierce. You redheads have us wrapped around your fingers.

Phyliss
01-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Tina, Tina, Tina, I am schocked, schocked I tell you.
Please don't do that again. Call somebody, email them, PM them, send up smoke signals, anything but quit.

janey
01-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Tina,

I have a solution for the "purge" problem. Find a CD in your area, get to know her, and when you want to purge, drop it all off at her house. It saved me twice! I'm in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area if anyone ever needs help from this awful temporary mistake!

Janey

marie354
01-28-2007, 07:17 PM
What's with this? I'll bet that there absolutely no FTM's that purge! Why should we?
I know it's harder for people to accept MTF's, but why?
Are we any different? Really?

Kieron Andrew
01-28-2007, 07:18 PM
What's with this? I'll bet that there absolutely no FTM's that purge!
not this boy no way!!! but i do know of ftms that do or have

Crissy Kay
01-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Speaking as a part time cder, I just don"t feel like getting all dolled up, sometimes. Even if I have a chance to dress. Good thing you did"nt purge though!!! That thought never crosses my mind, as I have very little girly stuff anyway. But, I must admit, that my panties are starting to take over my underware draw!!!!!!!!!!

Rachaelb64
01-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Yep I almost did, I had time to dress today and it was the first time in weeks, I got dressed and I don't know but I just did not feel good about, I deleted most of my pictures on line here, deleted a website I was working on for my pictures, and even tossed all my girlie stuff in my truck for a drop off some wheres.

But I held back on the last one there and put my stuff away with out tossing it, gads a stupid hissy fit in a half hours time, don't know what hit me but to toss my wig and forms would have been a big mistake even if I need a break from dressing.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Tina

Sounds like what I'm going through at the moment :happy:

Maybe its a 'holiday period' I dont know.....

Things will go the way they go...........so just hang on and try and enjoy the ride. :D :2c:

Keely
01-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Tina, close one but you made the right decision. If you need a break just pack them up and store away. You'll be needing them again. Been there done that and hope never again. :hugs:

great gg
01-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Is there something else going on in your lives (those who drinking the same type of water?) the only way I can related is when I feel shame about something and focus on what I can get rid of (books, old clothes, etc) I have felt shame when I have drunk too much, or when I have said things that were true but in a cruel way, or when i feel less than someone. (luckily those things don't happen much anymore!!!) purging, for me, is a way to get rid of the icky feeling of not liking my self at the moment. on the one hand, I can totally relate to that feeling, and on the other hand, I know that dressing is not shameful for me (I totally dig you gurls) but soemtihng must get triggered to focus on the dressing. a comment from someone who pushed a button that led to shame? I am just thinking out loud. Tina, don't do it again. I think you are beautiful and if Sejd reads this, I'll deny I said it. hugs to you all!

Sarah Rabbit
01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Right thats it, first Holly, now you.....im banning that word....you know? that P word lol, if it doesnt exist you cant do it lol
Hey hold it a moment, didn't Tamara bann the 'P' word...Ah wrong 'P' word..:heehee:

Gee Tina, I thought you would be one of the last to contemplate such a severe action..I'm glad you didn't. CD.com would lose one of it trully colourful characters:hugs:

Sarah R. :bunny:

marie354
01-28-2007, 08:54 PM
You know... I've been thinking about purging too. All of my guy stuff is packed in Walmart bags, but I haven't thrown it out yet. What! Isn't that purging too?

Jesse69
01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I could never purge again, as my current stuff is too beautiful and probably worth over $3000.

Bethany Ann
01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Tina,

I think we all get that way from time to time...I know I do. Just take a break and let things happen as they do. I have been dressing overtime lately since the SO knows and is ok...its almost been to much for me...I need a vacation..hehe.

Beth

Angie G
01-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Tine that scares me hun what was you thinking girl do I have to slap you :hugs:
Angie

PatyR
01-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Don't even think about.

I had to left all my stuff back, wasn't my decision, and you don't know how much I miss them.

Glenda58
01-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Tina don't purge. I won't purge even if I will be away for awhile. I have thousands and thousands starting over again so I will be storing my things till I know for sure. I may give up somethings that don't fit anymore or out of style. Plus I will always be back here to keep you in line. The gray days here in MICH. can make you do things that you regret later.:love:

kwebb
01-28-2007, 09:31 PM
It's a trip but with age I guess some of us come to the realization that it's par for the course and goes with the territory.

To come to a point where it disgusts you to be this way enuf(sic) to purge.

How sometimes it can feel soooo right to be dressed we oft ponder thoughts of TS, and then at other times it just does not fit at all.

I'm going thru a bit of a lull in dressing right now as well. And at times I had been a daily dresser. But in my mind I am feeling femme alot of the time in drab mode outside the house.

I plan to dress when I get home but once I get home, I just don't feel like being dressed in the house and want to get out.

Its like I want to do something instead of being all dressed up with nowhere to go, no one to share with.

Amy Hepker
01-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Tina, I am glad you regained control. I do think we go through a phase were we say. What the hell am I doing, I am a guy. What would my dad say if he were still alive. Sometimes I feel as though I am letting him and the family down. I am still in the closet as per say, but I still feel awkward at times about dressing. But I always am glad I don't try to give it all up and Purge. I have had to purge in the past and never liked it.

DAVIDA
01-28-2007, 09:51 PM
My idea of purging is to go through my clothes and get rid of thing that I don't use anymore or that don't fit! I went through my bra and panty drawer a couple of weeks ago. I got rid of a sack full. But to get rid of everything :eek: I don't think so! Besides, Jean would probbably get very mad at me!
So ,Tina, stick around. Thoughts like that are like gas after eating a burrito........It'll pass!:heehee:
DAVIDA

VanessaC
01-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Purging is not the answer, those moments of self-loathing and guilt are temporary and will pass (if that indeed is what the issue was) the desire to CD doesn't not, at least in my experience. I have purged twice and I could cry at the memory (not to mention the expense) of some of the beautiful skirts, dress, shoes, and wigs I have divested my self of to then have the desire to dress return with a vengence.

Kimberley
01-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Must be the phase of the moon Tina.

I too put it all away yesterday, but for reasons of safety. The thought of purging lasted about 30 seconds. Anyway, another day will come. Until then I shall suffer again.

:hugs:
Kimberley

susie evans
01-29-2007, 12:11 AM
stop think and listen just take a break and you'll be back to your self in a few days :hugs: :hugs:

susie

Sejd
01-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Thanks for sharing it Tina. We all have those days! stay cool, take a deep inhallation, breathe. We all love you as you are, dresses, motor bikes and garrage door. You are so cool!
a secret devoted fan of yours!
Sejd:love: :love: :love:

Atlanta Peach GG
01-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Tina..........

I tell all my CD friends if they have an urge that they have to purge to box the stuff up and bring it to MY house and *I* will keep it because they *WILL* be back dressing again........and having to re-buy everything is a total bee-otch and a half!!! It's too expensive and you gurls go back and forth so many times. I have a commerical airline pilot friend who is doing this back and forth stuff right now deciding if he wants to dress or not, but it is in his mind and it is NOT going away!!!! ..........IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!! :straightface:

Tina....!! bring your stuff to my house!! I will watch it, and not even try any of it on........:D

:hugs:

AmberTG
01-29-2007, 05:49 AM
I purged once, about 10-12 years ago, after the last time I took "acid". It was blotter and started out to be a really good trip, went to see The Matrix at the theater. Well, that just messed me all up! After all was said and done (about 3 weeks later) I swore I'd never doo that again! Of course I swore I'd never do acid again after my 4th of July 1975 trip when I talked to God. I guess I forgot that and He had to remind me of that. Never again! That's the only time I've ever purged.

krisla
01-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Tina, et al

I like the idea of the cd freind holding stuff. I have purged only to buy again. But this feeling hasn't beed with me in the last ten years. Maybe it wears off, if a purge now it's because I don't want something anymore and I give it to Goodwill.

BTW you do look nice

Krisla

gennee
01-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Good thing you didn't toss out your things, Tina. You would have felt bad about it. A break from dressing is in order. Then you can be the gurl you know that you are. :happy:

Gennee

Casey Morgan
01-29-2007, 09:37 AM
Tina, I'm glad you didn't purge and I'm glad to hear you're looking into alternative ways to do what you love to do. (I haven't read that thread yet butthe philosophy sounds good.) It doesn't matter what caused those feelings, they are still a sign that something isn't quite right, that something is off. Maybe you're pushing things, maybe you're "in a rut", whatever. But when those feelings come up it's always a good idea to stop and try to figure out what's going on.

CaptLex
01-29-2007, 09:44 AM
What's with this? I'll bet that there absolutely no FTM's that purge!
Yeah, I did once (several decades ago) and got rid of some very cool ties, which I now regret. Especially 'cause now Kieron has twice as many ties as I have. :tongueout

Tina, I'm glad you came to your senses, hun. Stop smelling the fumes on the road! ;) Love the new avatar too!

Tina Dixon
01-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Yep I saved my stuff, but I came close, god I would have been out lets see, my breast forms $175, wig $95, and my favorite shoes $30, It would have been a nasty loss, but I did put every thing away neatly so we'll see how I feel when the next chance to get girlie is.

Julie York
01-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Been feeling the same recently. I'm not daft enough to do it, but I know the feeling. It's a horrible feeling. You just want to get 'clean'.

Billie Jean
01-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Glad you stopped before you were sorry. You look too natural dressed from your pictures I've seen, better than lots of the GG's I see everyday. Billie Jean

Robyn B
01-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Resist the urge.....I am the self proclaimed queen of purging....some Guess pumps, lots of frederick's stuff, and 3 week old MAC cosmetics....all in the dumpster at some non-descript hotel..

{{sob!!}}

Currently in recovery, or remission, depending upon your perspective....
:D

Tina Dixon
01-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Yep I'm recovering, and still can'r believe I all most did it.

Tina Dixon
02-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Well I'm happy I never through my stuff away, I took today off since it is my birthday and have the house to my self, so on go's the wig and breast form, toss on my nightgown and just lay around, great feeling.

Di
02-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Thank goodness you did'nt.....do the final step....going to pm ya...hugs:hugs: Di

Sam-antha
02-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Is this the same Tina who answered the poll concerned with getting out of a bra ?
"I love this stuff"

For myself, I wonder if it is the time of year, the moon, the stars or whatever. So many have admitted to the feeling recently.
I feel that I am practised enough by now not to purge, but then I have not dressed for two three months now.
In the past pruging would have been just around the corner. Even with the knowledge of the cost of wigs etc.

PS Tina, I am so glad that you did not go through with it.
~Samm

Danigyrl29
02-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Wow, have I been there more than a few times. I unfortunately have gone through with it on numerous occasions. Gosh I miss those darn shoes!!

Good for you for holding out! Hopoefully I will have the same fortitude the next time my "purge-cycle" hits.