PDA

View Full Version : sleeping while dressed a new thought

bredalee25
01-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Ok since my gf accepted my dressing i've been wearing a nightie to sleep in every night. Now i'm thinking what would i do if for some reason i had to exit my home in a hurry. Do i keep something handy to put on over my nightie or just take it off and put something else on? There again what if i didn't have time to change or even grab something else? Do i just say to h*ll with it and run out in my nightie to save my life rather than my reputation?

What are your answers to these questions?

ttfn

Marla S
01-28-2007, 06:21 PM
If there is time to change, I'd change.
If there is no time for change, life first, reputation second.

Personally I don't wear anything I can't stand behind 80-100 % in whatever situation.
I am not ready for a nightie yet, I wear a pyjama.
Maybe next year a nightie.

AmberTG
01-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Well, given the choice, you run for your life. If you have a robe in a handy spot that you would have to pass on the way out, you can just grab it on the way.
I used to worry about "what if I die in my sleep?" A silly thing to worry about, if I die in my sleep it won't matter to me what I'm wearing, it'll be someone elses problem to deal with. What does it matter what they say about me after I'm gone?
The good one is "what if I have to be rushed to the hospital?' Well I guess I'll be a bit embarassed is all.

Cheryl GG
01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
WOW Brenda.....never thought of that one...am curious to see what kind of response you get to this thread.....WOW I bet others have not had this one cross their minds either....xoxoxoC/

Wendy me
01-28-2007, 06:44 PM
OK first thing is right now stop smoking in bed and buy a robe.......

Billie1
01-28-2007, 06:46 PM
... I keep my big, fluffy bathrobe and my slippers right next to the bed, robe on coat hook, slippers under bed. We do not wear anything to bed, and my (current) gold-sparkle toe nail polish:eek: needs to be kept low-key, with our daughter around.

Fire departments all over the country stress having an emergency plan in place, in case of life-threatening situations. I know that my first thoughts would be make sure everyone is OK, then worry about the silly little things later. It may sound a little bit hokey, but it is a good idea to discuss, and practice an emergency evacuation.

marie354
01-28-2007, 06:48 PM
If your house is on fire, are you going to even think of what you have on?
Get out of the house NOW! I'm not going to burn while I'm changing!
:hugs:

bredalee25
01-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Interesting thoughts keep them coming i'll be reading them all.

ttfn

CheriTV2006
01-28-2007, 09:55 PM
I sleep in a simple pull-over nightgown. In an extreme emergency (such as a fire), pulling off the nightie and quickly donning a bathrobe would seem feasible. My personal concern would be whether or not I have light make-up on in such a situation, as I like to sleep with some on sometimes. Cheri.

Amy Hepker
01-28-2007, 10:01 PM
I sleep completely dressed and I really don't worry about it, if it does happen and I did think about it, I would get out of everything as fast as I could and get something else on. If I didn't have time Oh well!

Roberta Lynn
01-28-2007, 10:09 PM
What's strange is that it would be more acceptable for you to run out of the house naked than in a nightie.

Sandra
01-29-2007, 06:09 AM
If your house was on fire and your life in danger would you really worry about what your were wearing.?

Vicky_Scot
01-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Here is the get out clause.

I hope you are never in the situation to use it but just tell the firemen, neighbours etc that you sleep in the nude and grabbed the first thing you could lay your hands on and that was you g/f nightie.

:heehee:

Kahlan51
01-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Interesting what we worry about. We worry about house fires and airplane crashes and don't worry about home and car accidents. If we think about it most of us couldn't think of a single person that we knew that had a serious house fire or was killed in plane crash yet thinking of some one killed in a car crash we could think of in a minute Hmmmm :2c: Kahlan

Kate Simmons
01-29-2007, 09:30 AM
I never worry about it Bren. All the neighbors have seem me en femme anyway. I already had an ER experience en femme, so what's left really? Maybe getting pulled over by a policeman as Salandra? I dunno.:happy:

kaitlin
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Hi Brenda, I agree with Billie and I don't care how funny it sounds, have and practice an escape plan. You and everyone else needs to know what to do if there is a fire or weather related emergency. What you are wearing...well I always have my toes polished and wear only panties 24/7. So I guess if your going to be a CD then you just have to accept that things may get a little strange at times. May be a few questions to answer ???? If you are alive and well, then a few questions are the least of your worries. Sorry about the reply being long, I have been in emergency services for 30 years. Started as a Rescue squad Explorer(scouting) and retired as a Paramedic-firefighter- tech rescue expert. Take care and be safe. Kaitlin

Stephenie S
01-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Listen to Kaitlin. When your house is on fire a pair of panties or some polish on your toenails is the LEAST of your worries. You need to get yourself and your family OUT of the house as fast as possible.

When you and your family are safe, the panties don't matter, and if you and your family are dead from smoke inhalation the panties don't matter either.

Steph

Margot
01-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Do not wear makeup to bed! You can strip that off too quickly. A nightie, heck you should be able to get out of it quickly enough and throw on a robe.
Stay safe
Margot

janec
01-29-2007, 10:33 AM
practice taking nightie off as quick as you can but most importantly get out get evryone out and stay out and make sure all smoke detectors are working

Suzie S.
01-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Whatever this girl is wearing will be on me for the world to see! If I have to leave in a hurry, I wouldn't care if it were a French maid outfit! The safety of my family and myself come first! That being said, maybe I should leave a sweatshirt and jeans in my car to grab once I'm out safely! :happy:

icelady
01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
well life first. clothing second. but if your shy about coming outta the closet, coming out with frilly,s on should do the job.

carolinewalker_2000
01-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I know how you feel! Having had the doorbell go more than once whilst still in bed wearing my nightie, I am now a dab hand at taking off a nightie and putting on a dressing gown (male!) whilst running downstairs!!

AZGia
01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
As a medical proffesional (paramedic) worked both in the field and in the ER's we don't care and you shouldn't either. As a Firefighter/paramedic in the field life over the looks please. You come first. If any firefighters see my pink robe and slippers with the pink Teddy they better not touch, I am not easy.

suzy
01-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I would rather be embarrassed than dead! I wear nighties every night and don't have any plans for "what if's"...... If it happens, I'll live with it!:D

Daintre
01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree with Suzy, I would rather be embarrassed than dead, I sleep in a nighty, but I keep a robe handy. I do think though that I would try to at least get my pants on....IF there was time....

I live in an apartment luckily mine is at the head of the stairs, so easy egress.

Sierra Evon
01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
I dont worry about that eighther , all my neighbors too, have already seen me and most of my outfits , I'm on the ground floor in my apt. , I can get out in a micro second , un like those folks up on the 3rd floor. , Yep !!!!, its not a prob....:happy:

celeste26
01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Whether it is drab or not is another question. Clothes are a very short grab from the floor and I'm out. Everything that could be the source of fire is on the other side of the house so I anticipate at least some time to get out with clothes on my back at least.