PDA

View Full Version : Questions for GGs Only (Come Out Wherever You Are)

CaptLex
01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
I know this is the FtM section (I'm not that doped up), but I want to ask FtM-related questions to the GGs/SOs, so I'd like to do it here. Just to clarify, all are welcome to comment on responses received, but I'd like the actual answers to come from GGs only, please. Thanks. Okay, here goes:

I imagine most of you first came here to learn about MtF crossdressing and/or transgender issues, maybe as a result of learning that your SO (if you have one) is involved in this, right (correct me if I'm wrong)? If so, when you first came here, were you surprised to find an FtM section?

Did you even realize that FtMs existed before coming here?

Have you read any of our threads, and if so, have you learned anything you were never aware of before?

Do you see us as mostly females, males, neither or somewhere in between?

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know more about?

Optional question: do you ever feel that a part of you (however small) may feel as we do?

Thanks in advance for your responses. :happy:

KrazyKat
01-29-2007, 12:40 PM
When you first came here, were you surprised to find an FtM section?
This was a CD's fluffy paradise when I started, CApt, not a FtM or GG forum. In 18 months things have changed into a real supportive community for all people associated with a different transgendered lifestyle, and one I'm proud to be a member.

Nope, didn't know about any of the trans alternative lifestyle until 5 months before I joined(When I was clued in by my SO). I knew of Drag queens, and saw a black and white movie of Christine Jorgenson, back in the early 70's late night at a drive-in. Never ran across, or had a reason to think about it. I feel a totally enlightened understanding of our human race I'd never realized before!!

Have you read any of our threads, and if so, have you learned anything you were never aware of before?
All info is usually thought provoking, everyone is sooo different in attitudes, degrees of how they think about themselves in regard to gender. I've learned many things about myself that have brought me to a new level of self acceptance as well.

People first, and try to go with how you present yourself, out of respect. I try to stay gender neutral as much in my mind as possible, sometimes it works well, I can always see the feminine and masculine qualities in all people, I've seen that for a long time, just not as defined in words, didn't seem so important before I learned all this anew.

Thanks to how well so many on this forum share about themselves, I feel I'm learning along beside you all!! Oh, like , where is all the rum?

Optional question: do you ever feel that a part of you (however small) may feel as we do?
I did go through a period of time when we were in our pink fog, thinking I wanted to wear men's clothes. Bought some 2nd hand suits, and clothes. Tried them on in private, even made a packy and tried on. It was different, but realized what a pain it would be(hot,slipping, etc.) and doesn't do anything for me, once the novelity wore off. I consider myself to be of the 3rd sex, androgynous, so I don't understand what the big deal is, not having the right body parts. I only understand that the pain is real for people who need to feel "right", coordinating the mind's thinking with the body's presentations.This is because I've truly looked into the eyes of people and seen the real pain.

Iniquity Blonde GG
01-29-2007, 12:54 PM
I know this is the FtM section (I'm not that doped up), but I want to ask FtM-related questions to the GGs/SOs, so I'd like to do it here. Just to clarify, all are welcome to comment on responses received, but I'd like the actual answers to come from GGs only, please. Thanks. Okay, here goes:

I imagine most of you first came here to learn about MtF crossdressing and/or transgender issues, maybe as a result of learning that your SO (if you have one) is involved in this, right (correct me if I'm wrong)? If so, when you first came here, were you surprised to find an FtM section?
no not @ all, c/d is from both scales, so it wasnt unexpected.

yes. i have a f/m friend.

yes ive often looked through the threads, and maybe learnt a couple of things, but more a "better" understanding of f/m .

Do you see us as mostly females, males, neither or
somewhere in between?
no, defo males. because all of you pass as males.

because you interact in the other forums, i think i know what i need to know.

being honest no. never even crossed my mind. something thats not for me, but..... doesnt mean to say i dont approve far from it. as long as that person is happy & well, goo luck to them.

your welcome :love:

Tree GG
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM

I was surprised by the whole "part-time" transgender thing. I'd say more intriqued by a FTM forum than surprised as there appears to be less "part-time" and more "way of life" attitudes that I can more easily relate to as I have many GG friends/coworkers/acquaintances that definitely present more masculine than feminine

Yes, but no one I know has ever discussed their thoughts and feelings as freely as here.

Yes and yes.

This is a hard question. I'd say neither.....people first, a particular gender somewhere later on. A rose by any other name.....

Are you happier? Being called "lady" by strangers thrills my husband to death. Not just a rush, but he is genuinely, consistantly happier than he's been in 27 yrs. Does being identified as male make you genuinely happier?

Sure - I'm not a foo-foo type girl and was definitely a tom-boy - some say I still am but I don't define myself by my gender. I prefer to think of myself as a gender disregarder. I just can't relate to the ultra-macho or the defenseless femme thing.

:happy:

Hope you're back to sea-worthy soon!

Felix
01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Great idea Captain I'm right behind ya on this one cos it's great to share with the GG's/SO's :hugs: :thumbsup: xx Felix :hugs:

I just love diversity :happy:

dancinginthedark
01-29-2007, 02:40 PM

Yes I was. I had that, “Oh wow. I never considered that before” thought when I noticed you all over there. And that thought was soon followed by why the heck hadn’t I considered that before?? :confused:

No I did not in any meaningful way. I know lots of us GG’s dress in men’s clothing, but I had never even considered that there was a whole section of the population to who it was so much more than just clothes. I’d heard of Christine years back but thought that was just an anomaly. So no more thought than how weird is that? I had seen the occasional butch but never linked that to being a FTM transsexual. I worked with a few gays who presented as males in the past but again never considered what it meant on any level deeper than a sexual one. Color me shallow but (especially in my youth) my mind often goes to the most likely, although often wrong choice, when it comes to things dealing with sex and sexuality. I am learning though.

Yes I have read several of the threads here. More often than not I am just reading and it’s out of respect that I don’t post, not a lack of interest mind you. Hey even when it doesn’t say FTM only I do have a little common sense on occasion. See, I’ve learned a thing or two. :D

But seriously I’ve learned not to assume as much as I had in life. I’ve learned that even when it comes to “crossdressers” (and I use that term loosely) there are some pretty big differences. I’ve learned that here the percentage of transsexual folks seems higher than the MTF side of things. I’ve learned guys are guys no matter what body they find themselves living in. (Hope that makes some kind of sense guys and isn’t meant to insult anyone here). I’ve learned you can find friends in the most unlikely places and that brothers don’t always have to be a pain in the arse. :p

Well I see you most of you as guys but like KK says I do see the people you are and not just your gender. But yeah, guys. I also see some that are somewhere in between because that’s what my heart is telling me you are. Savvy?

Oh Lord Capt I am nothing if not curious by nature. I want to know it and understand it all…as much as humanly possible that is. Like Kat I have done me some experiments myself and it just makes me want to know more.

For those of you who are transsexual: do you feel you are blending the female and male aspects in yourself into the male you are striving to become (or have become) because you are a male who just happens to have lived part of his life female OR do you feel that you are not in any way female and never were? Or perhaps living as a female was similar to wearing a costume, one you no longer wish to wear?? *I wish I had the words to phrase that better, but I am hoping you will understand what I am asking albeit clumsily.

Yeppers. It was always a man’s world in my youth and in a lot of ways it still is. Who wouldn’t want to share in that knowledge pool and power? ~ Sometimes it may only be a glimmer in my eyes and others a whole lot more. I always will be a mix of female and male. I think if folks were honest and really looked inside they would be stunned to see that little fact applies to them as well. Plus what the world often labels as gender based I see as simply human. It’s just me, that’s all. Me.

You’re more than welcome capt. :hugs:

Sheila
01-29-2007, 03:11 PM

well actually I did come here to find out about crossdressing as my partner is a crossdresser but it wasn't to find out about M2F at least not on any concious level, the fact that my partner is male didn't see me searching for M2f sites just crossdressingin general. No but as i said it was cding I came to learn about and I was aware of it before I discoverd my partners cding

yes, which is why I searched for cding not m2f

Yes I have read some of the posts, I think what has hit me most is the "normalacy" that you bring to your transgenderism, compared to many of the M2F "normalacy" being a surety, a certainness if you get what I am clumsily trying to say

As others have said as people first but as in the above answer because of your surety as males

at the moment nothing springs to mind, but I know that I can always come and ask, if there is something I want to know

don't think so so far

thanks in advance for your responses. :happy:

you are welcome and thanks for asking

:hugs: Jess

Lilian
01-29-2007, 03:49 PM
Yes I did worked with some a long time ago, got on well with them.

I have rad some of you threads and have learned a few things

I just see the person as they are and treat them all the same, we are all human and should all be treated as such

not right now thank you but if i think of anything i will ask,

I often wonder if a lot of females feel a bit male. I think there are both sexes in us all and it just happens to show in some people. :hugs:

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Penny Dreadful GG
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
First off, I would like to take the opportunity to say hello to the FtM side of the equation. Although I often have little time to put the proper thought into posting, I do try to read what people are saying.

I am fascinated by transgender issues, and yes, my SO is a MtF crossdresser. However, had things been different, I would not have been surprised in the least if I had ended up in a relationship with a FtM crossdresser. All things being equal and all that. I suppose I am an equal opportunity gender switch-hitter. Or perhaps it is more the case that I don't feel anyone should be limited in their choice of love interest.

I have to say that I was not surprised to find an FtM section and that I was glad to see both 'sides' represented.

Yes, I was aware that FtMs existed before I became a member of this forum. My friends and I spent many (most!) weekends out in the gay village where all kinds can congregate and just enjoy being themselves without fear of persecution. Our favourite haunt holds a 'drag queen and king' lip-synch show, so I was exposed to both MtF and FtM.

I do read your threads and have learned that both 'sides' (MtF and FtM) have their own particular concerns.

I try to see people as who they would like to be seen; therefore, you are a great bunch of lads in my eyes, and should we ever chance to meet up, that is how I would see you. I am not certain if my behaviour would change (i.e. if I would somehow adjust how I related to you to ensure I 'treated you like men'). I would like to think that I treat everyone in a respectful manner regardless.:hugs:

Yes, I do feel that a part of me does feel as you do - assuming I understand you properly. I would hate to presume anything! :happy:

I always look forward to reading the threads on this side. Like the GG forum, I find you all a very supportive and cheerful group. Perhaps I will be more likely now to carve out the time to post more frequently. I will definitely try!

take care,

Penny

P.S. I am also very aware of not wishing to barge in uninvited.
I remember one evening I was out in the gay village with one of my gay friends, and he was very upset. He commented on the large amount of 'hetero' couples who were appearing to frequent the village in ever-increasing numbers. He said, "Don't the breeders have enough already? They can go anywhere, but now they have to invade the one place which is expressly for us?!" He was quite incensed, and I have never forgotten his words, as I could see his point.

So I try to tread softly, and carry a big stick!

kathy gg
01-29-2007, 06:15 PM

Well the odd ball out {as always} :D , I looked to date a mtf cder because it was something I wanted. My first exposuer was in a glbt bar. Way back in 97' I met a ftm at the bar who was friends with the cd's there. He actually had me quiet confused, he {the ftm} actually liked being a guy who dresses on occasion as a girl.

I was happy to see a boyz area here, just because I think mtf's could learn a whole hell of a lot and realize that it is not as *easy* as many of them seem to assume that girls can get away with anything {gender presentation-wise}.

Yes I have read threads and I admit, I am curious to see when there are pics posted. I am a visual creature, and because I still find *males* attrative, I often am surprised how authentic the avatars are! Lots of fine boys over here for sure!

Yes, I have learned alot and I would nto say surprised, just glad to be filling my brain with more info related to tg-ness.

I visually see you as males...but I have to say some of the posts, the relfectiveness...well there is for sure alot of female-like thought process I see. But I dont' think that a terribly bad thing. I certainly wish I could think like a male at times, probably would not get in trouble as much! :eek:

I am curious to see what effect testosterone has on the female mental state, is there really mroe agression, that seems to be the party line about what testoserone does...I wonder how much is myth and how much is reality.

Well for what it is worth, I get some kidn of thrill when I am really over the top chicked out and in the gay village and get mistaken for a guy in drag. Again, I am not sure what that means, but I do get some perverse pleasure from fooling people! But techincally....I really do like the gender and boyd I was born with. My heart goes out to anyone who feels they got shipped the wrong one...I cannot begin to imagine how that feels.

Thanks for letting us yap it up over here!

Abraxas
01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
For those of you who are transsexual: do you feel you are blending the female and male aspects in yourself into the male you are striving to become (or have become) because you are a male who just happens to have lived part of his life female OR do you feel that you are not in any way female and never were? Or perhaps living as a female was similar to wearing a costume, one you no longer wish to wear?? *I wish I had the words to phrase that better, but I am hoping you will understand what I am asking albeit clumsily.

I'll take a stab at this...
I feel that who I am never changes. I don't try to hide whatever 'female' bits of myself come through, although sometimes I do get frustrated by them-- if I get overly emotional or whatever. But there are a lot of people, male and female, who feel this. If they cry, they may see it as a sign of weakness, even if they don't see other people crying as being weak. That kind of thing. I refuse to leave any bit of myself behind, because I don't want to change the person I am. Everyone has mixes of male and female, and I'm fine with that. I don't see myself as 'never having been female' exactly-- I see myself as 'always having been mostly male.' Slightly different mindset, impossible to explain, but then most feelings are. Hope I haven't confused the issue more...

On another note, I'd like to thank all the GGs who've responded, and who will respond, and thanks to the Captain for posting this! I've definitely learnt a few things, and this has been an enjoyable read thus far!

dancinginthedark
01-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I think I know what you are saying. Makes a lot of sense to me actually. I think what you are saying is no matter how the world may see you that you are still YOU. The soul just doesn't change. All you are actually doing is matching your outside to the inside. A more accurate presentation?? erm...uh...hmmm...presentation sounds almost temporary and not quit right here. :frustrated: dang I can't find the right words. ~ I do like how you put this thought: "I don't see myself as 'never having been female' exactly-- I see myself as 'always having been mostly male.' "

Right there with you in seeing some things as purely human characteristics and not gender based, although some folks sure do try to make them so...like crying or being sentimental.
I expect there is no single answer for my questions, as there is no single reason for anyone to think or feel a given way even within a community. Jeez what a convolved sentence...

Bare with me guys~ learning in process. :D Thanks for taking the time to answer Abraxas.

dancin

I'll take a stab at this...
I feel that who I am never changes. I don't try to hide whatever 'female' bits of myself come through, although sometimes I do get frustrated by them-- if I get overly emotional or whatever. But there are a lot of people, male and female, who feel this. If they cry, they may see it as a sign of weakness, even if they don't see other people crying as being weak. That kind of thing. I refuse to leave any bit of myself behind, because I don't want to change the person I am. Everyone has mixes of male and female, and I'm fine with that. I don't see myself as 'never having been female' exactly-- I see myself as 'always having been mostly male.' Slightly different mindset, impossible to explain, but then most feelings are. Hope I haven't confused the issue more...

On another note, I'd like to thank all the GGs who've responded, and who will respond, and thanks to the Captain for posting this! I've definitely learnt a few things, and this has been an enjoyable read thus far!

Di
01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
No I looked for a cd/tg partner...and in a previous relationship a few yrs back was involved in several groups...one was a tg group that met monthly..and although there were only a couple f2m in the group I was aware.

Yes see above answer.

Yes love reading your threads...and yes did learn a few things.

Males

Can't think of anything right now....but I always know I can ask...thanks for that:D

Optional question: do you ever feel that a part of you (however small) may feel as we do? No not really.....but there is a gender bender party this Fri that Sher wants me to...I think I like Kathys idea...mistaken for a guy in drag
I'm just so foo foo

Country girl
01-30-2007, 12:46 AM

Actually Capt, To be totally honest, I came on this site to see what everyone's opinions about cding were. I don't really remember if I was surprized or not. Looking back, I would probable say no.

Absolutly. i have known differen people in my life who truly wanted to just be allowed to be who they are.

yes and yes. I have even posted on your sight. thoughts of my own, that I hoped would be helpful.

Do you see us as mostly females, males, neither or somewhere in between? I try to see you as a person first because that's what you are. Then I see you as men. I don't know how much easier it is to pass as a FTM CDer, but I have to say that you boys sure look a lot more like men than most of the gurls trying to look like women.

Well my mom was a psychologist and I minored in psyche, so I've been aroud almost every diversified group of people there are. If I do want to know more though, trust me I'm not afraid to speak my mind.:tongueout

Tough question , not in the sense you are refering to, as my avitar says, I LOVE being a girly girl! However, when it comes to making the almighty dollar, most men definately have a leg up on the women. So, I wish I could have a 9 to 5 job that pays around 75,000 a year. Now that would be sweet!

You are so very welcome. Thanks to you capt.,for asking these questions and trying to help make us more informed gg's.

Sandra
01-30-2007, 05:08 AM

I was a member of another forum so had learnt quite a bit about MtFs, that forum didn't have an FtM section, so yes I was surprised to find one here.

Yes I had met Kieron on the other forum

I do always read the FtM threads although I may not reply. yes I have learned from them

Males

Not at this moment, but I know if anything comes up the FtMs are always willing to answer any questions.

No, it's not something that I felt or have ever though about.

Wow don't think I ever written as much in here. :)

mylitta
01-30-2007, 05:17 AM
I imagine most of you first came here to learn about MtF crossdressing and/or transgender issues, maybe as a result of learning that your SO (if you have one) is involved in this, right (correct me if I'm wrong)? If so, when you first came here, were you surprised to find an FtM section
I can't really remember if I was surprised- I don't think so.

Yes, though didn't understand very much about it

Yes, I've read a lot of your threads and find them very interesting and thought provoking. You are obviously a group of peole who think very deeply about yourselves and your situation- and are very supportive of each other. And yes, i've learned a lot- didn't know much at all before.

Males- but as has been said already, we are all people first.

No, I'll just keep on reading and learning

I don't think so, I quite like being who I am, but I may be wrong.

Thanks for asking :love:

CaptLex
01-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi Ladies, and thanks for taking the time to share your answers with us. My main reason for doing this is because in my "real" life I find that most GGs don't get us, and I was wondering if you ladies were more enlightened than the ones I know - whether as a result of being here or for some other reason. Another reason for doing this is to help keep the doors of communication open between the various groups here. I have to say that I've learned a lot from your responses. You ladies really are aware and enlightened - wish you could talk to some of the ones I know.

Keep 'em coming, please. Meanwhile, I'll try to respond to those that asked questions in return (though Abraxas did a great job there already):

Are you happier? Being called "lady" by strangers thrills my husband to death. Not just a rush, but he is genuinely, consistantly happier than he's been in 27 yrs. Does being identified as male make you genuinely happier?
Yes, I can identify with that. When someone sees me as male, I feel that they can really, truly see me (I call it trannyvision) and that's such a great feeling. I get sad when people don't quite see it, but I guess that makes the moments when people do see it extra special.

In my case, I feel that a part of me is female and will probably always be female, regardless of transitional changes (which is cool with me), and that having lived as a female for so many years has given me an insight that most men will never have. It also influences my present existence (as a transman) because I don't feel I need to give up "female" things like emotions in order to be a guy.

I am curious to see what effect testosterone has on the female mental state, is there really mroe agression, that seems to be the party line about what testoserone does...I wonder how much is myth and how much is reality.
In my own experience, and from talking to guys I know that are on T, it seems that testosterone won't really make anyone more violent, but it can make one less patient and likely to blow a fuse faster than if you're not on T. I think if a person is already pre-disposed to aggression, bad temper, etc., it will certainly bring it out quicker. It also has quite a dramatic effect on one's libido (but you probably already knew that).

Hope I didn't forget anyone. :happy:

dancinginthedark
01-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi Ladies, and thanks for taking the time to share your answers with us. My main reason for doing this is because in my "real" life I find that most GGs don't get us, and I was wondering if you ladies were more enlightened than the ones I know - whether as a result of being here or for some other reason. Another reason for doing this is to help keep the doors of communication open between the various groups here. I have to say that I've learned a lot from your responses. You ladies really are aware and enlightened - wish you could talk to some of the ones I know. [...]

Keep 'em coming, please. Meanwhile, I'll try to respond to those that asked questions in return (though Abraxas did a great job there already):

In my case, I feel that a part of me is female and will probably always be female, regardless of transitional changes (which is cool with me), and that having lived as a female for so many years has given me an insight that most men will never have. It also influences my present existence (as a transman) because I don't feel I need to give up "female" things like emotions in order to be a guy.
[...]

Thanks capt. I like your answer since it addresses something I had noticed in the past. That many (thinking all) of you guys seem to have a good handle on how females think/feel/react so have a real advantage/insight most GM will never have. I think anyone in a relationship with a trans-male would be lucky indeed. Dang I am so jealous right about now. (sighs) If I'd only known then what I know now. :winking:

dancin

Tamara Croft
01-30-2007, 12:01 PM

I wasn't surprised to see a FtM section here when I first joined, I was surprised to find how common being a crossdresser was. I don't even think I noticed this section when I first joined, it was quite an 'unused' section at first. It wasn't until I became more involved here, I started reading this side of the fence ;)

I had absolutely no idea, everything regarding crossdressing was all new to me. What I do find weird though is, I don't feel the same way about FtM's as I do MtF's. Maybe it's because the majority of FtM's are TS's rather than just CD's. It's hard to explain, but I know what I mean :p

I have read many threads in here and yes, I feel like I said in the previous question, FtM's imho seem to be more TS than CD's. It does seem that FtM's have a much harder time being accepted, especially when you read the constant 'oh females can wear what they like anyway' crap... or 'oh they'll grow out of it'....

I think somewhere in between. But that doesn't mean I won't treat you like a man ;)

I can't think of anything right now, but I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

I'm not sure... maybe... When I was about 14 or 15... I forget now... I used to wear my dads suit waist coat, with trousers and dockers.... (stop laughing)... it made me feel more like one of the lads, I got on with guys a lot more. I recall at that age, I was happy... Maybe it was because my dad paid more attention to my younger brother, I often thought if I were a boy I'd be treated differently. Oh well ;)

Thanks for reading my ramblings ;) and... you're welcome :hugs:

ZenFrost
01-30-2007, 04:24 PM
It's nice to hear what the GG's have to say about us. Thanks for asking such great questions Capt. I've really learned a lot of things from this thread. It's also kind of nice that so many here see us as males, that doesn't seem to be true anywhere else in the world though.