PDA

View Full Version : Out to my Guy's Groups

RobertaFermina
01-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I moved this from the 'hanging with the guys' since it is a little off the topic.

I outed myself to my Men's Group last Halloween, and did some extended discussion and emotional work about it within the group since then.

Last night, I took a step further.

I am a member of a regional group of men in my International Men's Organization who are training for Leadership in the Organization and in its intense Men's Initiation Weekends. (Mankind Project @ http://www.mkp.org, if you are interested)

I outed myself to the group last night as part of our check-in where we were asked to speak to what was going on in our lives. We are committed to radical honesty, and well, saying nothing about it would not have been honest, given that CD is one of the biggest things going on for me. It is a given, though, that I trust these guys with my soul, and they me.

Well, I opened the check-in for the meeting by speaking of my crossdressing and attendance at a number of transgender community socials and meetings.

Usually, when one member finishes his check-in, the next man starts right away. After my check-in there was 30 seconds of silence. Oh Well, even men who work hard on themselves and in being non-judgmental about others get thrown for a loop when it hits close to home.

I have a commitment not to repeat what others said, however my experience was of being accepted as a fun and provocative person, and as a person who was expanding previous notions of a 'circle of men.'

I trust they will have plenty of questions, and I'll learn a lot by giving them honest answers and noticing their responses. It should be interesting to some since we already had a TransMan participate in one of our Initiations. I know that I will be accepted on the merits of my commitment to Leadership, and regardless of my CrossDressing.

What makes this work for me is our association is based on trust and authenticity. I am privileged to have such a 'guys group.'

Counting myself a Lucky Girl,

:rose: Roberta :rose: