PDA

View Full Version : sit like a lady!!!!!

JC
01-29-2007, 07:45 PM
if "miss manners' were to follow you as you wore a skirt / dress --- how often would she say " sit like a lady"?

lacking years of this training from your mom - how good are you at controlling the skirt?

i have long full skirts to help with this

Amy Hepker
01-29-2007, 07:51 PM
She wouldn't say it very often to me as when I am dressed I am proud to sit like a lady and to go through all the turmoils a real girl would encounter when wearing such pretty things.

MJ
01-29-2007, 07:56 PM
hey i have this down pat, there is very little miss manners can catch me on :happy: but there again her help would be insightful

trannie T
01-29-2007, 08:53 PM
I have a difficult time sitting with my legs together when I'm wearing a skirt. My mother did not do very well in teaching me how to be a proper lady. We need a crossdressers boot camp.

KarenSusan
01-29-2007, 09:07 PM
She wouldn't say it very often to me as when I am dressed I am proud to sit like a lady and to go through all the turmoils a real girl would encounter when wearing such pretty things.

:iagree:I 100% agree with Amy.

amanda barber
01-29-2007, 09:11 PM
When sitting down, I've automaticly tried to smooth the back of my pants several times only to realize that I'm wearing pants :eek:

I'm much better in a skirt.

Jamsey
01-29-2007, 09:15 PM
I thought I was doing really good in a skirt until I say some pictures. Wow, then I realized I need a lot of practice or maybe take a course.

Jamsey.

Kate Simmons
01-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Well, Miss Manners is welcome to come to the club with me some night but I guarantee she will be talking to herself before the night is over.:heehee:

Cherry Lynn
01-29-2007, 10:06 PM
I am very ladylike when wearing a skirt so I do not think she would have to give me much advice.

BOOTLOVINGGIRL
01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I can do myself pretty proud in a skirt!

Phyliss
01-30-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm not too sure if "Miss Manners" would have a heart attack or not, were she to follow me all day. One thing I find myself doing though is to always think that I'm wearing a skirt and act like such.
I find that while driving I'm keeping my knees closer together, and when entering and exiting the car, I'm aware of my actions. Little things, I know but with constant practice, I figure that the times when I do wear a skirt it will be easy enough to act properly.

Joy Carter
01-30-2007, 08:25 AM
If your gonna dress like one, you dam well ought to sit/behave like one !:D

tvdave
01-30-2007, 08:48 AM
I always remember those pics of Britney Spears getting out of the limo. Don't know about her but I was totally embarrassed for her.

Susan

InHerShoes
01-30-2007, 09:09 AM
I think I do a good job at sitting pretty. It's all part of the fun of dressing and trying to look my best.

crossing-the-rain
01-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Amy,1000 % agree with you !!!
Rain.

SherriePall
01-30-2007, 09:37 AM
I hope Miss Manners wouldn't find any reasons to correct my sitting when dressed as a lady.

LindaTS
01-30-2007, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with that. Even those times when I need to be in the guy mode I find myself making all "right" moves and sitting is one of them.

finacarina
01-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Never, Never, Never

marie354
01-30-2007, 12:49 PM

:iagree: Isn't that a given? That's why a lot of GG's feel more comfortable in pants.

Kate Simmons
01-30-2007, 12:50 PM
If your gonna dress like one, you dam well ought to sit/behave like one !:DOh, I try Joy, really I do but I usually end up acting like Ellie May. I think I'd rather "rassle" and play with critters sometimes. Anyway, I can't take myself too seriously, otherwise it takes all the fun out of it for me.:p

susie evans
01-30-2007, 01:05 PM
i think we just have to be consious of the mode we are in and act accordingly

susie

RobertaFermina
01-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Sitting like a lady, especially when wearing nylons, is such a sensual pleasure, a Joy!

The geometry of my 'fellas' is such that they never cause a fuss, so why would I do otherwise?

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Joy Carter
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Oh, I try Joy, really I do but I usually end up acting like Ellie May. I think I'd rather "rassle" and play with critters sometimes. Anyway, I can't take myself too seriously, otherwise it takes all the fun out of it for me.:p

Some how I belive you Salandra. How many "rope belts" do you have ?:heehee:

Sierra Evon
01-30-2007, 03:13 PM
For me if a ' Miss Manners " , was to follow me around , I think we'd get along just fine , like two English ladies having tea " :happy:

JoAnnDallas
01-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Even in drab, I find myself always sitting like a lady. I don't know how many times I will be in a meeting and find myself sitting strieght up, with one leg over the knee of the other and both of my hands resting in my lap or one hand resting right at my knee while I gester with the other. I have never sat with my legs crossed like a othr men do. One day at a customer meeting, I was sitting there and I noticed this woman watching me. At first I did not pay much attention to her, then I started to notice that she was watching me as I sat there. I would occasionally switch knees by slowly lowering the upper one, keeping both close together, then raise the other leg and set it on top. I then noticed that she would do the same exact thing. When she noticed that I was watching her, she quickly looked away.

Michelle2008
01-30-2007, 06:15 PM

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! Well said....

Michelle

Kelsy
01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I have a difficult time sitting with my legs together when I'm wearing a skirt. My mother did not do very well in teaching me how to be a proper lady. We need a crossdressers boot camp.

Now there's an Idea!! How fun would that be Trannie?! Sign me up!:D

Jennifer:heehee:

vlord
01-30-2007, 07:38 PM
when im dressed i always sit like a lady

linnea
01-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Linnea certainly tries to be lady-like at all times. Sitting while wearing a skirt or dress really seems pretty easy. It feels good to smooth my skirt against my legs and to keep them together appropriately. The most difficult movement that I have struggled with has to do with getting in and out of cars (especially getting out). I've tried turning/pivoting on my bottom and moving both legs out together, but that seems awkward at times.
Regardless, I think that Miss Manners would find that I would pass muster in the decorum department.

JC
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
i always try to sit as a lady but over time, i do fall back into the old habits. ie sitting or bending over, etc. as i do such, i remember my why talking to our daughter about being a lady. i did not have a sister so i did not hear it as a boy. i just know the training went on for a few years.

my wife ahs made skirts from jeans and overalls - they are to the ankles and very full as to cover it all up.

jc

Country girl
01-31-2007, 07:46 AM

Nobody said being a lady was easy:devil: . When you sit, cross your legs at the ankles and make sure you keep your knees together. Feels very uncomfortable until you get used to it. Of course you can always cross one leg over the other at the knee, but you have to be careful to keep the top leg close to the bottom one. This also can be uncomfortable and is much harder to accomplish in a ladylike manner if you have much extra weight. But as with all things, the more you practice, the easier it becomes! Good Luck! :hugs:

Karren H
01-31-2007, 07:48 AM
I always sit like a lady.... check out my avatar!!

Karren

Marianna Julianna
01-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Well I think I'm pretty good at sitting like a lady, I seem to do it even when in man mode most of the time, as I recall handling skirts has usually been pretty easy, except for the occasional faux pas with a long full one, usually after having to kneel to do something and getting caught in my heels.

Cassy11
01-31-2007, 11:13 AM
For me, when wearing a skirt it's always a constant battle to check where the hemline of the skirt is as well as keeping the knees together. I wonder how long it takes a GG for it to become second nature to check all points of her posture and presentation when wearing a skirt and heels?

Wendy me
01-31-2007, 11:19 AM
i would say that i most always sit like a lady even in drab.....