PDA

View Full Version : 1st Appointment At CXH :)

Ryan
01-30-2007, 01:29 PM
I went...........I saw.............I wasn't refused! :)
I really dont know what all the worry was over. We are already talking hormones and should get them next time! We are also discussing chest surgery next time I see Dr Lorrimer aswel already. This is because of the probs I have had with them, and also he said I only need to wait a year anyway for chest surgery and as he is going from when I changed my name, by the time go see them again in maybe May time, I will have done over a year of RLT anyway he says Cool eh?

My weight is not such an issue with hormones and also he said maybe do some voluntary work or go to college as I am not working and all will be well. The only thing he said would be good was if I could build up some chest muscle, which will help with the breast removal, and most of all the reconstruction of the male chest.

So that was it really, I was sent for blood tests already too, so hopefully they will come back ok! He just has to check with my GP about my dodgy heart readings on the ECG that they are normal for me. Also he said that I am quite normal and ok considering some of the abuse I went through as a kid etc, and that I am pretty sane and he says he wouldn't like to promise the hormones just yet as I have to see Dr Barrat I think he said, but he said that Barrat should be in agreement with him.

Went for food and drinks afterwards with Marylin C and a f2m guy I recently made friends with which was nice. Had a quick mooch around, saw 'Buck-house' and had a quick stop in Hyde Park. But was so tired after getting up at 4 am to be there. Want my bed now.

Ohhh yes, my Mam said that when I came out I was grinning like a cat, she said she hadn't seen me smile like that since I was about ten years old. So thats it, I'm in, I know whats gonna happen next time, and what I need to do. I dont think any of the things they ask were uncomfortable to talk about, and their requests not at all obsurd or ridiculous.

Dasein9
01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
YYyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!

Good for you!

Kimberley
01-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Ryan, this is just so good for you!

I am very very pleased things are going to proceed in the right direction. Why wouldnt they? Man you have it together.

:hugs:
Kimberley

ZenFrost
01-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh awesome dude. I'm happy for you. Good luck!

CaptLex
01-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Ohhh yes, my Mam said that when I came out I was grinning like a cat, she said she hadn't seen me smile like that since I was about ten years old.
I can believe that, dude. I'm grinning just reading about it all. Congrats! That's really terrific news, man. Sending you a high-five long distance. :^5: Will be looking forward to your updates.

P.S. We could have told them you're sane! :D

Abraxas
01-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Awesome, Ryan! :thumbsup:

bi_weird
01-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey congratulations! That's so awesome that you're going to start getting all of that. YaY for you!

Sharon
01-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Very cool, Ryan -- outstanding, as a matter of fact! :happy:

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Congrats Ryan! Good luck with your future visits!

Evert
01-31-2007, 03:34 AM
YEAH! :Party:

Congrats Ryan! :hugs:

Sheila
01-31-2007, 05:00 AM
Ryan,
congrats hun, give your mum ahuge :hugs: from me

Jess

Ryan
01-31-2007, 05:12 AM
Will do Jess. Thanks everyone for the replies :) Still smiling. When I go in May ish time, I hope to get my hormones, then when I next see Dr Lorrimer after the May appointment he said we will discuss the chest surgery. That I cant wait for either. In May I will have been full time a year and two months, and he said I would only have to wait a year into the RLT anyway for the chest surgery. Woooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo exciting, especially as I keep going over what Dr Lorrimer said in my head :)

Lex
01-31-2007, 07:35 AM
Wow, that's awesome! Congrats dude! :D

Kristinuh
01-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Well ryan what can I say......... Congratulations hun.. honestly ur a cute guy, very cute even..... I know how difficult it can be to be on hormones I been there already and it wasn't easy but just be patient hun, I really wish the best to you and wish nothing but Happiness for u as I'm part of the Transgender community too, nothing makes me happier than my brothers and sisters being happy.. xoxoxox

pocoyo
01-31-2007, 08:31 AM
Awww Ryan I'm SO HAPPY for you!!!!!!!
That is totally awesome news dude.

Bloody keep on with that grinning and enjoy heading towards feeling happy, relaxed and complete :hugs:

Brave man! I'm proud *wipes away a tear* hehehe (That was a joke about the tear :p)

dancinginthedark
01-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Wow Ryan when you make a decision to move forward you do it 200%. Well done :cheer: and :cheers: So many have made such great strides lately I think we are well pass having a party here. What do you think guys? Party?

:Party2:

dancin

Felix
02-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi hun and congratulations :hugs: it's great news and I'm really happy for ya xx :hugs: Felix