PDA

View Full Version : Viewing ourselves

Kate Simmons
01-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Kimberley's posting inspired me to ask this question. We know others view us in different ways, such as outcasts or whatever. I'm wondering how we view ourselves. I view myself as a rebel of sorts, I guess. Mostly because I accept everyone for who they are and who they want to be and I tend to challenge stereotyping. Especially stereotyping in the TG community. I'm curious as to how you all view yourselves.:happy:

susie evans
01-30-2007, 01:40 PM
another girl just trying to figure it out and enjoying the time i do get en femme and the friends i have here and the info i recieve

susie

Marla S
01-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Rebel is probably a good word for it.
Sometimes I feel like in my teenage rebel years (funny time).
Difference is that I wanted to rebel those days to see where the boundaries are.
Today I have to rebel to push the boundaries.

Another label would be freak or freaky, because I assume "regular" people will see me like that. No problem with it, as long as I can be sure they see me as nice freak (I do my best).

Samantha Jane Foster
01-30-2007, 01:51 PM
That's an interesting point, Salandra. Because I don't know if I'm a rebel of sorts, as you say about yourself, in that I refuse to observe the usual gender boundaries-- or maybe it's more that, if I had my choice, I would fit in with others, unnoticed (since I don't like putting myself front and center), only I would do so as a female-- just one of the girls. I'm a nonconformist in other areas so I suppose I am with my gender identity as well-- even if I want to be just a regular, everyday girl.

Daintre
01-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I use to feel like an outcast, as I went through my divorce I heard words like pervert, and worse. I have come to believe I am just me, an honest hard working amiable person who enjoys a feminine side.

Mary Jane
01-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I am just a person that has a feminine side and enjoys it through dressing in feminine attire. I am just me. I feel no differently about myself no matter how I am dressed.

Casey Morgan
01-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Hmm. I would have to say gendernaut, advocate, and reluctant rebel. I'm a reluctant rebel because although I go against the norms (even TG norms at times) it would be nice if I didn't have to challenge them. It's not a case of finding the norms and challenging them, it's a case of the way I am just kind of goes against those norms. That's why I'm also an advocate. Not really outside the Transgender community but within it. I've been trying to increase awareness of people like myself (see A View From The Middle). But I'm happy to give a voice to anyone who needs one.

I'm a gendernaut (and feel free to suggest a better word) because I like to map out what "here" is. I figure the more I find out, alone or with others, the easier it will be for the next person who comes along. But I'm interested in more than just "here". Ideally (idealistically?) I'd like to know everything about everything and figure out how it all fits together.

Nice thread Salandra. :happy: :thumbsup:

RobertaFermina
01-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Hmm. I would have to say gendernaut, [snip]...

...[end-snip]But I'm interested in more than just "here". Ideally (idealistically?) I'd like to know everything about everything and figure out how it all fits together.
Nice thread Salandra. :happy: :thumbsup:

Wow Casey ! I read your post and its like looking into a mirror.

I am a happy adventurer, seeking to let go of the categories as I travel, even as I see fellow travelers inventing categories to define where we are.

I see islands of safety equally as islands of confinement.

That word 'gendarnaut' has been echoing in my mind for a few weeks now...how delightful to hear it framed within your posting.

Everywhere I go, I have a chance to pick up some insight, or sensation, or addition or nuance to my sense of being. I find parts of myself I never dared to own, and get to take them on with curiosity and joy...and a little fear, and with less and less judgment. Letting go, and letting new things in, responsibly, I grow!

Happy Travels !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Kimberley
01-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I suppose that at times I am one p****d of reactionary, particulary when I see injustice or worse, intolerance, ignorance or other social issues and if it involves us even moreso. The rest of the time I am just me, a closeted non op TS trying to get by and keep family together without the loss of my sanity. I sometimes wonder if it is worth it.

:hugs:
Kimberley

Sweet Jane
01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi

I view myself as an insecure misfit I suppose. I've never liked the fact I crossdress, but it's been me for so long, I think of it as just me. I wish I didn't dress, but then again, I do...and when I do I think I am as happy as I ever get. It's a love/hate relationship!!!

Bethanygirl
01-30-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm curious as to how you all view yourselves.:happy:

Gee whiz Mr Wizard, I view myself in the mirror, naturally! Why, how do you do it? :heehee:

Actually, it has been a part of me for so long, I just view me as me... :happy:

Casey Morgan
01-30-2007, 05:35 PM
I see islands of safety equally as islands of confinement.

That's an interesting statement Roberta. I think I get what you're saying but I'm not totally sure. Could you explain that a little?

bgirl
01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Functional Marshmallow

Teresa Amina
01-30-2007, 07:22 PM
in the mirror, naturally!

Of course those big windows in storefronts reflect well if the light is right :D

CaptLex
01-30-2007, 07:36 PM
"I'm just a sweet transvestite . . . from Transsexual, Transylvania". :p

Actually, I'm a gay boy that can pretend to be a straight girl, but looks to all the world like a gay girl. It's so confusing. :confused:

Kate Simmons
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM

Actually, I'm a gay boy that can pretend to be a straight girl, but looks to all the world like a gay girl. It's so confusing. :confused:Not to me Hon. You are one of the nicest Pirate Captains I know and I've known a few in my times.;) :battingeyelashes:

linnea
01-30-2007, 07:47 PM
I view myself as an independent (rather than rebellious), adventurous, heterosexual guy with a great capacity for expressing and empathizing with my feminine inclinations. I don't feel confused about it. I am trouble only with the struggle to find the ways, means, and opportunities to make it a regular part of my life.

EricaCD
01-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Hmm...honestly, I don't view my self as a rebel, an outsider, an iconoclast. I'm just an otherwise completely normal father (first), husband (second) and professional (third), who also enjoys expressing his feminine side. Boring but true....

Angie G
01-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm just a guy who loves to dress as a woman I like the fem feeling that it give me :hugs:
Angie

noname
01-30-2007, 10:47 PM
I view myself as activist fight for men to have the same rights women do.

Tasha Meredith
01-30-2007, 10:51 PM
<--Androgenous/Female enthusiast.

Why mystify it?

occdresser
01-30-2007, 11:02 PM
just a normal girl:happy:

JenniferMint
01-30-2007, 11:18 PM
I alternate between feeling like a tomboyish girl, or femmy guy. It's confusing.

ArleneRaquel
01-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Being an ageing Bi - Sexual CD'er I guess that is where I belong. But I am sooooooooo gorgeous ! hehe ( Stolen from the Fantastic Karren ) :love: & :hugs: Trina - An Irish Sexual Rebel

Lisa Golightly
01-31-2007, 02:39 AM
An alley cat with Persian Blue looks.

Sheila
01-31-2007, 06:11 AM

Actually, I'm a gay boy that can pretend to be a straight girl, but looks to all the world like a gay girl. It's so confusing. :confused:

keep taking the meds capt, they seem to be working,:tongueout I almost made sense of that:devil: :D :D

Lanore
01-31-2007, 06:41 AM
I view myself as a female born male. What's down below lets me know that. I'm sensitive, never in a hurry, soft to the touch and like who I am when I wake up until I go to bed. I believe, by accepting who I am, makes public opinion low on the list.

Lanore

Raychel
01-31-2007, 07:04 AM
Outcast. that word really hits home here. I can't remember ever feeling comfortable with any amount of people around. I always feel very self concious. I guess that may be part of the reason that I the time that I get to dress.

Those time are my time to feel comfortable with me. I don't have to think about what someone else may think. There is no-one around. Just me relaxing in the clothes that I like.

Suzie S.
01-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Just a basic human being with a few quirks and imperfections, just like every other human on earth. :D

Cassy11
01-31-2007, 10:56 AM
I view myself as just another person doing the best they can with the talents and feelings that were given them.

Michelle 51
01-31-2007, 12:22 PM
I don't think about it anymore.It is what it is and that is that.I use to worry about it untill i found tri ess site's on the net and then i found this place and now i know that i'm not alone.I a married CDer and i quit beating myself up over it......Justabit

sissylacypanties
01-31-2007, 08:04 PM
I don't view myself as a misfit, a rebel, or as anything different. I view myself with a quiet confidence, in that I am quite happy inside with my 'secret' expression of femininity. I am quite comfortable with this knowledge and understand that it is myself that I have to be comfortable with. In time I may be able to express this confidence more outwardly. Until then, I am happy with me... as any confident girl should be. I see myself as an inwardly, quite cute girl...smiles.

suchacutie
01-31-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm just a guy who, like everyone (I hope), is a bit complex. One of those complexities is a feminine side. As with many of my complexities, I don't push it in other people's face, but I find great pleasure in it and emotional satisfaction. It is also one more thing my wife and I can do together.

Barb Valentine
01-31-2007, 11:44 PM
I view myself
As a guy that like to wear womans cloths
Let me rephrase that love to wear womans cloths

Roxi Loh
01-31-2007, 11:49 PM
For the most part I view myself as lonely. My wife does not participate anymore even though I do dress around her and I have never been out. I love to dress but have no one to show it too. Makes for a lonely existence. These forums really help.