PDA

View Full Version : I'll Give You Frustration!!!

Karren H
01-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Now I don't get depressed and always find a solution for any problems, so far..... And I've been honing my makeup skills for some time..... And use products that work for me..... But what really tickes me off is Maybelline just discontinued my favorite liquid eye liner!!! Maybelline Eye Express... In the blue tube!! I love this stuff!!! Easy to use, wears well and cleans up with soap and water!!! Fits my needs perfecltly!!!

How can they do this to me!! Its discrimination? What are they thinking??? Jacky told me about it earlier this week and since then I've searched a dozen local stores and nothing!! Found some online and if worse comes to worse my have to stock up until I can find a suitable replacement!! (More experimenting in the mens room at lunch!!!)

I have to email Maybelline and let them know my displeasure.... May have to start a grass roots campaign to "Save the Eye Liner"... Write your congresswoman!! Hillary Clinton lives in NY (home of Maybelline NY).... Maybe she can help... Hmmmm. And again after seing her makeup, maybe she needs my help? Hehe

So who cares about all those gender issues ...... This is serious!!!!

Love Karren

Wendy me
01-31-2007, 11:17 AM
oh i hate it when something that i love gets taken off the market if i know in advance i stock up ...... sorry for your Eye Liner trouble and loss....

Marla S
01-31-2007, 11:22 AM
That sounds like serious trouble.
But that's the life of a lady. Finding the favorite product is usually a good sign that it will be taken off the market quite soon. You better get used to it.

Kate Simmons
01-31-2007, 11:32 AM
I know what you mean Karr. I got ticked when Gillette discontinued their Microtrac disposable razors a couple of years ago. I was the only one who still used them I guess :heehee: . How dare they. Then , they tried to placate me by sending me free razors and coupons for other kinds. The very nerve of these companies.:rolleyes: :Punch:

susie evans
01-31-2007, 11:38 AM
OH!! my gosh this is like an international crises this need's a full investigation by nato.....there has to be a resolution and i agree maby we should get the ACLU involved

stay tuned as this crises unfolds :love:

susie evans reporting

Karren H
01-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Then , they tried to placate me by sending me free razors and coupons for other kinds. The very nerve of these companies.:rolleyes: :Punch:

Owwwww!! Now there's an idea!! I could end up with makeup for life or something if I complained enough!! You think?? Hehe

I just emailed Maybelline!! So let the placating begine!! Lol

Love Karren

Michelle 51
01-31-2007, 11:58 AM
Send them your best pic wearing it and ask them if they really want to do this to you......Justabit

Sherlyn
01-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi Karren ..this might stop the violins :p ... perhaps you have tried these products Unstoppable Mascaras and Liners by Maybelline.....they wear like a waterproof... but wash of in an instance ...the eyeliner is not liquid... however its a soft pencil which twists in and out :)

Vieja
01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Ah Karen it is so good to hear that I am not alone in my misery. The products that I love to use are so often not available that sometimes I feel it is a plot to frustrate me. I go down the aisles that are stocked to overflowing with products similar to the one I love and when I get to where it should be there is an empty shelf. Alas life is sad.

Vieja

Karren H
01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
That your beauty secret, Sherlyn? Have used liquid for years.. So I'm comfortable with it but since I'm standing here in the cosmetic isle of another grocery store... I'll take a look!! Thanks for the tip!

Love Karren

Sherlyn
01-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Your Welcome Karen ...yup I use those BUT !!!!!! only the liner on my eye lid ..I line the bottom with a dark powder eye shadow using a very narrow angled brush :)

Karren H
01-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Cool!! Going to go try it now and if it doesn't wash off you maybe getting a call from my Boss......and my wife.....and the police station asking for bail money!!! :D

Love Karren

Sherlyn
01-31-2007, 01:27 PM
:nailbiting: :heehee:

JenniferR771
01-31-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree with you on this one Karren. Nice avatar pic by the way.
---But when i use liquid eyeliner, and wait a few seconds for it to dry. When I look down to choose another color--eyeliner transfers to my upper eyelid:eek: What a mess--and difficult to fix the disaster look. What am I doing wrong? I am using New York Minute or something like that.

Jesse69
01-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Well, I got really frustrated when Petite Sophisticate / Casual Corner went out of business! To me they were the best in women's office wear!

Karren H
01-31-2007, 05:09 PM
---But when i use liquid eyeliner, and wait a few seconds for it to dry. When I look down to choose another color--eyeliner transfers to my upper eyelid:eek: What a mess--and difficult to fix the disaster look. What am I doing wrong? I am using New York Minute or something like that.

Maybe your house is too humid and it takes longer for the solvent to evaporate!

I tried the Unstoppable eyeliner, Sherlyn!! And its not bad!! And it washed off well... Pluss I also bought 2 liquids which I hated both!! Revlon and L'oreal! I really think its the shape of the applicator tip and the shape of the tube that fits my hand best!!

I did find that I have 2 tubes of the Eye Express in my purse so I have some time!!

May end up pouring liquid eyeliner out of someone elses container and into my old Eye Express ones!!! An engineered solution!! Hehe

Love Karren

Cheryl GG
01-31-2007, 08:17 PM
Karren....welcome to dealing with manufactures and their idea of moving with the times....go to ebay and buy all you can....its what i have to do for the shade of MaryKay lipstick I have worn since I was 17......xoxoxC/

Jacqui
01-31-2007, 11:19 PM
..... But what really tickes me off is Maybelline just discontinued my favorite liquid eye liner!!!
How can they do this to me!! Its discrimination? What are they thinking???
Love Karren

Substitute "Heinz" for "Maybelline" and "Spaghetti in Cheese Sauce" for "liquid eye liner!!!" and you know how I felt!

By the way, your new avatar is gorgeous!

Jacqui

LadyEllenofLeFemme
01-31-2007, 11:30 PM

I had this same problem with my eyeline on the lower part of the eye. When applying your liquid eyeliner it is important to touch very lightly. The harder you press the more liquid is applied and the longer it takes to dry. Be patient and wait two minutes next time.

DanaJ
02-01-2007, 06:13 AM
There are other felt-tip eyeliners out there, Lancome makes an absolute AWESOME one (but it is $27). Loreal makes one that is good too, exactly like the Maybelline one, called Lineur Intense Felt Tip. So, there ya go - no need to be frustrated :)

Karren H
02-01-2007, 07:52 AM
I'll have to revisit felt tips again, Dana... Love the look I can get from the liquids and the ability to strike a very thin line thickening as I come across the lid.. And most of the liquid eye lliner containers are these very skinny at the handle, flairing out to the bottle part.. Which makes the applicator thin and hard for, at least me, hold and control.. That's where the Maybelline Eye Express was a perfect fit.. Like one of those chubby pre-school crayons!! Lol

Guess I'll have to hit Ebay, Cheryl!! Thanks!

Love Karren

Karren H
02-03-2007, 09:52 AM
February 2, 2007

Thank you for visiting Maybelline New York on the Web.

We appreciate your comments expressing disappointment in our decision to discontinue Eye Express Easy Lining Pen. Please be assured that this was done only after careful consideration of all marketing factors.

This product is no longer available, and we have no way to obtain it for you to purchase. It is never easy for us to discontinue any product, and we apologize for any difficulty you have experienced. Your comments will be referred to the appropriate individual in our company.

We hope you will continue to use our products.

Sincerely,
Claritza Pellot
Consumer Affairs Advisor
Ref # 3930771

AKA - TOO BAD!!!

Love Karren

sandra-leigh
02-03-2007, 11:42 AM
But that's the life of a lady. Finding the favorite product is usually a good sign that it will be taken off the market quite soon.

On the non-cosmetics side, one company that seems particularily bad about that is Lush (soaps, bath products and similar).

Though I just realized: we put up with it all the time from clothing manufacturers. I was reading the other day that even Levi's is redesigning... downscaling in order to be able to hit Wal-Mart's price-point demands.

The local shops started getting in their Spring lines at the beginning of December, and are currently (during the coldest weather of the year) already down to reduced winter inventory because they have already had several winter clearance sales.

I just had a thought: with the seasonal lines being completed and on clearance before the season even starts, then women must be buying clothes based upon anticipation and mental fantasy of when and were they might wear the clothes. Which, interestingly, is really much the same way that I buy my femme clothes: I buy a lot of things that I have no immediate use for, telling myself that I will "find a use for them sometime." And a non-trivial portion of what I buy, I never do find a good occasion for, and if I wear it at all, it ends up just being for the duration of the city bus ride home (less than half an hour), or out shopping to the mall, visible only in the gap of my unzipped jacket. I've been telling myself that when it comes to buying femme clothes, that my impulse control is too low -- but could it be that the clothing industry itself is built around exactly that kind of "I'll wear it sometime" shopping??

susie evans
02-03-2007, 12:25 PM
in other words to bad so sad you lose :( :( :(

susie

Kristen Kelly
02-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Maybe your house is too humid and it takes longer for the solvent to evaporate!

I tried the Unstoppable eyeliner, Sherlyn!! And its not bad!! And it washed off well... Pluss I also bought 2 liquids which I hated both!! Revlon and L'oreal! I really think its the shape of the applicator tip and the shape of the tube that fits my hand best!!

I did find that I have 2 tubes of the Eye Express in my purse so I have some time!!

May end up pouring liquid eyeliner out of someone elses container and into my old Eye Express ones!!! An engineered solution!! Hehe

Love Karren

I used to work for Revlon when Maybelline was owned by them, filled many mascara and eyeliner, and they do not pour well, they are more of a heavy cream. Many of the different products the only change is the packaging, a cheaper on might only have less advertising than the more expensive ones, and are the same product in the tube so try them all you won't have to far to look for a replacement or even a better one.
If I still worked for them I could have sent you a 5 gallon pail, come to think about it have you ever tried coal tar it might work.

Karren H
02-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Our VA coal mines, the coal is so greasy that you look like you have permenant eye liner on when ever you go underground.... lol Frindge benifit!!!

Karren

Karren H
02-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Foud a whole bunch of it on Ebay!!! Going to stock up!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Maybelline-Eye-Express-Easy-Lining-Pen-Velvet-Black-2_W0QQitemZ120082542354QQihZ002QQcategoryZ31787QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Love Karren

Kimberly
02-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Bloody make-up companies...

(Above is a very British way of expressing annoyance.) xx

Amy Hepker
02-03-2007, 10:19 PM
OMG Karren what are we to do???:eek: I do know what you mean, have you ever bought something (other than Makeup) and really liked the way it worked and you always used and bought that Item. And then one day you go to buy it and it's gone, can't find it in any store or anyplace. Just Great! This was something that was great, but they didn't sell enough to keep selling that Item, so they ditched it. It does not mater where the world needed it, they didn't sell enough so they took it off the market. It just does not make sence sometimes. Good Luck on your campain to bring it back.