PDA

View Full Version : How emational do you get

JoAnnDallas
01-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Do you cry or experience strong emotions while watching a movie either on TV or at the movies. Have you ever found yourself spontaniously emotional?? I know many GG's tend to be, but us drabs are not suppose to.

I have watched movies like "Appolo 13" or "Patton" and gotton very emotional, since in the case of "Appolo 13", I was working at NASA durning that mission and lived it first hand.

Then last weekend I was at DFW Airport and just happen to look out the window at the gate and noticed a military procession slowly walking up the plane. As I stood there I saw them take a caskit out of the plane. It dawned on me, it was one of ours from either Iraq or Afganistian. All of a suddon my tear ducts opened up and I stood there at attention watching and saluting the procession. It must have been a werid site for others in the terminal, as others walked up to see what I was doing and stood there too watching. Not a word was said from any of us standing there. After they were gone, I turned to a lady standing next to me and she handed me a kleenex. I thanked her, she smiled, and walked away.

Even now as I write this I am getting a little misty.

ArleneRaquel
01-31-2007, 01:46 PM
No matter how many times that I view such films as "The Grapes of Wrath ", How Green Was My Valley ", I cannot hold back the tears, This girl gets very emotional. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Irish Sentimentalist

celeste26
01-31-2007, 01:47 PM
I let the emotions flow regularly and it is good to do it at least occasionally.

Dont know if it has anything to do with being CD though.

RobertaFermina
01-31-2007, 01:48 PM
I get chills, and watery eyes when I am most affected. Rarely do I 'lose it'....not that I mind.

Mostly, I get a feeling like the bottom of the elevator just dropped 6 inches, and my face gets warm.

Often I simply feel a deep joy or sadness (or other emotion) with little or no corresponding physical symptom.

I would welcome being more emotionally connected heart-to-body, and hope that with each experience of life enfemme, that this will naturally happen.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Wendy me
01-31-2007, 01:49 PM
yes your story was touching .... and yes i get a little teary eyed ... it was not like that before i was the one on the fire dept. nothing bothered ... and i have seen some things that were pretty nasty... now if i feel strongly abought some thing or if it tugs on my heart i get teary eyed ..if i was there i would have done the same .... thank you for respect you paid one of ours coming home ....

Karren H
01-31-2007, 01:52 PM
Depends.... Mostly no..... But last Sundays Extreme Home Makeover TV show.... I was sobing like a baby!! A wife with ton of kids, husband died on Christmas eve....

Hold on ...... I need to get a tissue!!!!

Love Karren

Tamera
01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
I try to avoid the tender areas of life. I like comedies when it comes to movies. I have built up a fence around my vulnerable side as I have went through life. Yes I do get a lump in my throat and a tear may fall now and then but I hate showing that side of me.

janedoe311
01-31-2007, 01:56 PM
makes me cry. It is one of the few memories I have of my father. I remember watching Disney on TV with him with this song playing. I had to be no more than 3 years old. Probably closer to 2.

Also seeing babies and kids hurting and crying on TV even in adds. So yes I can be prone to emotions.

sue ellan
01-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Do you cry or experience strong emotions while watching a movie either on TV or at the movies. Have you ever found yourself spontaniously emotional?? I know many GG's tend to be, but us drabs are not suppose to.

I have watched movies like "Appolo 13" or "Patton" and gotton very emotional, since in the case of "Appolo 13", I was working at NASA durning that mission and lived it first hand.

Then last weekend I was at DFW Airport and just happen to look out the window at the gate and noticed a military procession slowly walking up the plane. As I stood there I saw them take a caskit out of the plane. It dawned on me, it was one of ours from either Iraq or Afganistian. All of a suddon my tear ducts opened up and I stood there at attention watching and saluting the procession. It must have been a werid site for others in the terminal, as others walked up to see what I was doing and stood there too watching. Not a word was said from any of us standing there. After they were gone, I turned to a lady standing next to me and she handed me a kleenex. I thanked her, she smiled, and walked away.

Even now as I write this I am getting a little misty.

:iagree: the same thing happens to me also. sometimes i can't help it. the tears just start to flow.:love:
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

finacarina
01-31-2007, 02:14 PM
never "emational" but very emotional

JoAnnDallas
01-31-2007, 02:40 PM
finacarina......yep I noticed that just as soon as I hit the post button. LOL

Daintre
01-31-2007, 02:43 PM
I find that I get emotional quite often, when I was younger, I built a wall around me to keep my emotions in check. Now certain songs, or special times of the year will make my eyes misty.

Jenn S.
01-31-2007, 02:46 PM
I'll usually cry when reading a very sad part of a book. Movies, sometimes. Not the ones you'd expect. The first movie that ever made me break down in tears was the end of Terminator II when I was seven.

joaniecd
01-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes very emotional, movies and yes Karen extreme home makeover. I get tiery eyed just hearing of sad stories or if I am happy for someone. those tears just flow.

Iniquity Blonde GG
01-31-2007, 02:57 PM
im a big softie, & yes get emotional easily. the theme tune off "apollo" by aero-smith has me in :cry: :cry:

Helen MC
01-31-2007, 02:58 PM
I have an exceedingly nasty temper and get very heavy indeed when I lose it.

I only usually get emotional if I hear of someone losing a much loved pet , such as their Cat. I would however say that the Red Sovine Song "Roses for Moma" does give me a lump in my throat as I was very close to my late Mother.

Ashley1
01-31-2007, 03:01 PM
I do have emotional reactions to different things that I did not have when I was younger. Such reactions do not involve shedding tears, but I have a reaction somewhat like catching my breath all of a sudden, and it seems to come up into my throat with a quiet gasp. This never happened until about five years ago. Now it even happens when I am watching a movie and something in the movie occurs that is only slightly emotional. I used to be so unemotional that I thought that I would have made a good "hit man" plus I could have been a good "hit women."

tommi
01-31-2007, 03:06 PM
:iagree:
I try to avoid the tender areas of life. I like comedies when it comes to movies. I have built up a fence around my vulnerable side as I have went through life. Yes I do get a lump in my throat and a tear may fall now and then but I hate showing that side of me.

:iagree: the same thing happens to me also. sometimes i can't help it. the tears just start to flow.:love:
sue ellan

life is like a roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

:iagree: They both said it so well,I do try to hide it but at times it just flows.

laura47
01-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I try not to watch sad movies ... but I love the chick flicks and yes I tear up and my throat knots up at the happy moment at the end

Amy_Starr
01-31-2007, 03:13 PM
I get all emotional at the end of movies all the time, the main ones I can think of is million dollar baby, spirited away and man on the moon. I'm just a sucker for those tissues lol.

Sierra Evon
01-31-2007, 03:45 PM
every time I see the movie " Titanic " I have to watch it an yes I do get very emotional , I have so far never seen it with out not tearing up !!!!
:titanic: :violin: :cry: :happy: , I have always been just naturally more in tune with my emotions than guys / men , that one of the main reasons that I know that Im a girl on the inside , heart mind soul of a girl , its just me !!!!!

Karmen
01-31-2007, 03:55 PM
I get tears in my eyes quite often, while watching some emotional scenes.

SatinSarah
01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
I am always blubbing - often in public. I am VERY emotional.

Sarah

Melanie R
01-31-2007, 04:01 PM
I find that as my estrogen level increases with age that I tear up easily - even more so than my wife.

susie evans
01-31-2007, 04:09 PM
i used to not get emotinal much but the last few years that has all changed since four heart operations and a lot of other trama a lot of things have changed and i'am sure getting older has also taken it's toll :hugs:

susie

Eugenie
01-31-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm very emotional. I cry very easily while watching some movies. Actually I have some difficulties watching some movies that are too emotionaly loaded...

The metter of the fact however is that I know GGs who arent emotional and I know men who are also very emotional and as far as I can tell, who aren't X-dressers.

Is there any serious study showing that women tend to be by and large more emotionanl than men?
:hugs:
Eugenie

JoAnnDallas
01-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I really don't think that both men and women are qually emotional. I feel it is our upbring that allow women to be emotional, whereas men have it pounded into them that to show emotions is unmanly, thus most men tend to be less emotional than women.

Tasha Meredith
01-31-2007, 04:34 PM
I tend to get a little misty eyed by sad movies or even very joyful experiences. I wouldn't say I "lose it" very often but I have from time to time.

What's all this talk about men being unemotional? It's not like they don't experience those feelings, women just tend to be much better in expressing those emotions. It's a wonderful freedom.

Michelle 51
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm far too emotional for my likeing but not much i can do about it..justabit

Christina Nicole
01-31-2007, 08:22 PM
I really don't think that both men and women are qually emotional. I feel it is our upbring that allow women to be emotional, whereas men have it pounded into them that to show emotions is unmanly, thus most men tend to be less emotional than women.

Yes and no. Everyone basically has the same emotions, but it's different for women. Their emotions have a wider range than those of men. Their highs are higher and their lows are lower. If you doubt it, go on HRT for a few months. Trust me, it's very different. I could not believe the difference in how I felt. I had never been happier on some of those days. On the bad days, well, you don't want to be doing anything dangerous, like flying VFR in bad weather, when you're on an estrogen enhanced bad day.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Tedi
01-31-2007, 08:40 PM
..... As I stood there I saw them take a casket out of the plane. It dawned on me, it was one of ours from either Iraq or Afghanistan.

To think about on one of our young men or women coming home in a casket saddens me in ways i cannot express. I cannot express my feelings without getting overly political.
But back to the thread.. I do get emotional over the simple things, like movies and TV shows.
Sometimes just the smallest everyday situation make tears well up in my eyes.

marie354
01-31-2007, 08:48 PM
It's a shame that society puts the roles for us as they see fit.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-31-2007, 08:53 PM
I'll usually cry when reading a very sad part of a book. Movies, sometimes. Not the ones you'd expect. The first movie that ever made me break down in tears was the end of Terminator II when I was seven.

I also cried at the end of Terminator II! Glad to no I wasn't the only one who cried at that scene. Jocelyn

Jacqui
01-31-2007, 11:12 PM
I find that as my estrogen level increases with age that I tear up easily - even more so than my wife.

I agree 100%. I used to laugh at tear-jerkers which made my wife even more upset.

Then, beginning with "Field of Dreams" when the father returned from the dead to play ball with his son, Kevin Costner...it was like the dam broke! I almost bit my tongue off so that I wouldn't bawl out loud in the theater.

From then on, I have been getting more and more emotional, especially when it's happy-sad like "Mr. Holland's Opus" or "Big Fish."

Most recently, I went to see "Holiday" which I thought would be just your average chic flick. But even though it wasn't really sad, the tears were flowing down my cheek.
I think it was because I wished I was Cameron Diaz.

Jacqui

Miss Petra
02-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I was on a business trip cross country and the film they showed on the flight was the "The Notebook"

I had already seen the movie with my wife & we both cried upon the wonderful powerful ending.

I went to the bathroom right before the ending of the movie. When I was returning back to my seat the stewardess stopped me and pointed to all the passengers. She said "You have to see this, you may not see anything like this in your lifetime".

All the pasengers including the men were crying. It was a wonderful sight to see that level of emotion was being displayed.

DawnRodgers
02-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Very emotional. Cry at the drop of a hat. Happy endings to movies, sad endings to movies, tender love stories. Tears run down my face.
Dawn

noname
02-01-2007, 02:48 AM
I cried last week watching Titanic. I think I've seen that show 7 times, and cried every time. Not so much for Rose and Jack, but for all the people, I can't help but cry when I think about how that happened to all those people.

Daintre
02-01-2007, 04:46 AM
I avoid getting emotional, I guess I try to be stoic

ToyGirl
02-01-2007, 05:56 AM
First movie i ever seen was star wars at the drive in, i loved star wars. When the phantom menace came out i went to the theatre to watch it , i was crying by the time the lucusfilms logo had come up before the film even started. :rolleyes:

Other than that my tears seem to be completly RANDOM.

Lois Page
02-01-2007, 06:16 AM
Very emotional for certain movies, right from "Old Yeller" up through "Titanic" depending on the ending. Likewise for other life experiences (e.g., Challenger, Columbia, 9-11, etc.).
Lois
P.S. JoAnn, Thanks for being there both at Houston and DFW.

onlyforu41
02-01-2007, 09:48 AM
I agee I am also a "Cry-Baby", always have been one. Try to portary a macho image but am a girl at heart! I cry at movies, television shows, weddings (Wishing I was the bride) etc!! Like many others dream of being female from birth!

cindyPT
02-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm probably a little more emotional than most people and I have cried a number of times to my own embarassment.

As for crying from seeing a movie, that has happened quite a few times (off the top of my head Ordinary People, Million Dollar Baby, Schindler's List and oddly Sling Blade). I try to see a lot of films and I don't avoid the weepies. Also it depends on my mood and the state of exhaustion I'm in.

Music that has made me cry: Barber's Second Essay for Orchestra, Prokofiev's ballet The Prodigal Son (the one on video with Baryshnikov).

I'd be interested to see a cds.com poll on this question.
Cindy :o

Valerie Nicole
02-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I get really emotional these days, not just because of the CDing but because of some very sad things that have happened in my life since the start of last October. In those few months, two of my cousins have died (one of whom was murdered and the other I was very close to), and one of my closest friends decided she never wanted to speak to me again. So yes, I get emotional when anything reminds me or seems similar to any of those circumstances.

ColleenCD
02-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I've been known to fight back the tears at chick flicks, but harder still is the real life issues when talking with smoeone about a tragic situation, like what Joann mentioned regarding the fallen serviceman.

Colleen

lissetta
02-09-2007, 04:15 PM
certain songs....

MsEva
02-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Depends.... Mostly no..... But last Sundays Extreme Home Makeover TV show.... I was sobing like a baby!! A wife with ton of kids, husband died on Christmas eve....

Love Karren

Saw that one Karren, I too cried openly. I cry when in femme or without. I have always worn my emotions on my sleeve. I am such a wus.

MsEva
02-09-2007, 04:17 PM
certain songs....

Yes that too, Butterfly Kisses, just about made me crash my car. I have to turn it off before long. I will be a total mess when my DD gets married. Gosh I hope that I don't embarras her.

JeanneF
02-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Then, beginning with "Field of Dreams" when the father returned from the dead to play ball with his son, Kevin Costner...it was like the dam broke! I almost bit my tongue off so that I wouldn't bawl out loud in the theater.

From then on, I have been getting more and more emotional, especially when it's happy-sad like "Mr. Holland's Opus"

Two of my favorite movies, both of which make me cry big time at the end.

I'm the exact same way with the happy-sad movies...the emotional side of me kicks in. It's funny, because the overly dramatic ones (i.e. Titanic), no effect at all. I think it's because when the movie is supposed to be sad I'm guarded against it, but when I'm really enjoying the film and it's just a really tender scene (the end of Mr. Holland's Opus" makes me well up a little just thinking about it), I break down.

JoAnnDallas
02-09-2007, 05:05 PM
How many remember going to the movie when you were a kid and getting all worked up in the movie. Yelling at the hero to turn around because the monster was behind him/her. Having your GF bury her head in your shoulder at the scary part. Putting your arm around her to protect her. :D Screaming at the screen when the scary part appears. Then laughing at each other about how silly you all were durning the movie.

kathy gg
02-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Amanda does not EVER cry. I joke often that if I ever die a mysterious death they are surely gonna pin it on him! I have seen enough cop shows and everytime the wife dies, the cops always say "and you could tell the husband was guilty, he was emotionless and did nto even cry"

And surely big stuff.....our wedding, birth of our baby, me having a misscarriage, even having to put our beloved cats down....not one tear.

I dont' doubt he is emotional, but I would give anything to see one tear toll down his cheek.....

me...I cry at the drop of a hat. Songs, death, births, weddings, tv shows, a sad moment....I am always ready to bust!

MJ
02-09-2007, 06:25 PM
yes i cry wat too easy, movies or just for no reason at all. i put it down to hrt but i was a little emotional even before that

Colleentg
02-12-2007, 10:45 PM

Love Karren

OMG, yes! I'm sobbing like it happened to me!
Speaking of tears, I read once, that genetic males release a ton of testosterone when they cry! Anyone ever hear that?