PDA

View Full Version : Just why did you start?

marie354
01-31-2007, 05:37 PM
I know this will be a hard question for some of us to answer.
:hugs:
I've had 45 or so years to think about it and for me I think that even though I was the #1 son in my family, my sister still got more attention than I got, then when I got caught in my sister's clothes, everyone thought it was so cute, I've loved it ever since.
Ok, has anyone else figured out why it started with them?

Daintre
01-31-2007, 06:14 PM
I am the only boy in a family of 5 kids. My older sister was my dad's princess, she never did anything wrong in his eyes. As a family we moved 13 times in 12 years so I did not have a best friend, I had my sisters to play with. I wanted to be the son my dad wanted, but I guess I failed miserably as I just never had an interest in sports. Finally, I thought that if I were a girl, I would be the "princess".....Well that is how I started. :straightface:

Salina
01-31-2007, 06:31 PM
One day when I was 13 or 14 I was in the basement. My mom had hung up my sister's delicates on a clothesline to dry. Somehow I decided it was a good idea to put on her nylon bikini panties and the rest as they say is history. I was actually a pretty unhappy kid and in retrospect dressing at that time was an escape from my so called miserable life. Today it's a vital part of who I am.

linnea
01-31-2007, 07:24 PM
I know pretty well HOW I started; I'm less sure of WHY I started. I'm less concerned about WHY than I used to be because I have stopped trying to rationalize it. I used to suffer through so much guilt and shame regarding crossdressing that I felt that I needed to know why I did it. I thought that maybe if I knew why, I might be able to stop doing it.
However, I have resolved the guilt and shame about dressing. I know that it's not illegal (not in any place that I go, anyway). I don't believe that it's unethical or immoral either. I know that I enjoy it, and I know that it encourages a kind of expressiveness that I don't feel so strongly or freely when I'm not presenting myself en femme.
Your question inquires about the start. Mine was at age seven. I tried on my mother's girdle that was hanging on a line in the basement. She actually caught me doing it, but she only said, "What are you doing?" I answered, "Nothing." I never heard another word about it.
Looking back at this, I have thought that it was odd, but since that time I have found out or remembered several things that may have lent themselves to influencing my crossdressing. One of these was that my mother bought me girl's underwear throughout my childhood until I started junior high. It was just panties, nothing more, but I didn't realize that that is what she had done until later on. I also remember that on a couple of occasions she had me try on dresses when I was with her while she shopped. This occurred when I was quite young, maybe between the ages 4 to 9. She also said to me on several occasions that she wished that she had had a girl. She never said that she wished that I had been a girl (I was her second boy, out of three, and no sisters).
My dad died just after my eighth birthday, so there was no man around the house on a regular basis until my mother remarried when I was in high school.
All of this being said, I still don't think that I know WHY I dress. But that's some of the HOW it happened.

susie evans
01-31-2007, 07:45 PM
i don't have a clue put don't intend to stop either:heehee:

susie

Kieron Andrew
01-31-2007, 07:53 PM
why did we start no one knows! and i doubt we willl ever know

dods460
01-31-2007, 08:54 PM
I do it because it makes me look and feel nice. Plus you can beat a skirt on a hot day:D

trannie T
01-31-2007, 08:57 PM
I wish I knew.

Christine Davis
01-31-2007, 09:03 PM
I remeber putting on my moms underwear when I was about 10 or so and loved the feeling of lingerie ever since. Don't know why I did it, but I'm glad I did.

marie354
01-31-2007, 09:10 PM
I knew that this would be a tough question. I'm not a shrink and I can only guess as to the real reasons that I have kept with it over the years.
This really is a hard thread. I'm not even sure that what I said is the total reason why I dress.

MJ
01-31-2007, 09:12 PM
i am the youngest boy out of 4 older brother and two sisters, i have always felt that i should have been a girl, i know this sounds weired but i do, i like playing dress up but has we got older that kind of stops, and i feel right when i am dressed .. so i think for me it just feels right

marie354
01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
i am the youngest boy out of 4 older brother and two sisters, i have always felt that i should have been a girl, i know this sounds weired but i do, i like playing dress up but has we got older that kind of stops, and i feel right when i am dressed .. so i think for me it just feels right

I can understand somewhat what you say. I had an older sister that got all the attention and two younger brothers that I was supposed to be their example of how to be a "good man". OOPS! They both know about me.
I feel so much better and relaxed when I'm dressed "normally".

JeanneF
01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Because it felt natural to want to appear feminine, pure and simple.

Lori SC
01-31-2007, 09:30 PM
I know this will be a hard question for some of us to answer.

Ok, has anyone else figured out why it started with them?

Why the dressing ? For me it's probably because I wanted to be a girl for sooo many years (or fantasized about being one). Dressing like one just made my outside appearance match what I wanted to be.

Now, why did I want to be female? That I have no clue about - I just do.:star:

Hugs, Lori

ArleneRaquel
01-31-2007, 09:37 PM
I would think that my wife's death triggered it, for more than one year after I was in a state of depression ( unscientific ) and shorlty after one year I started to dress, mainly just undergarments,but very quickly it became a totally enfemme 24/7 operation. Now in the last year I have discovered that I love sex with men, while I am in girl mode. So far, so good. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Sexual Dynamo (hehe )

SandyR
01-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Tried on my moms hose when I was 12, felt so good. Now it makes feel nice, sexy and is a great stress reliever!

SandyR

Roberta Lynn
01-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Haven't a clue. I searched for this forum thinking I might find the answer.
I did find that there are probably as many different answers as there are people. I'm still curious as to the 'why' for me. I just realize it's not that important.

MarinaTwelve200
01-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Well, I remember being obcessed with a curiosity thought--"What would I look like if I were a woman", And when I finally got a chance I decided to see. Starting first with my mother's lipstick at age 12 and fully dressing by age13. I mostly discovered it was a fun "turn on"---but I never could really "visualize" myself as a female, which kept the curiosity going for years. Later I discovered the stress releif aspects of CD---so my reasons for CDing changed.

Wendi {LI NY}
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
I dont know why ? I try to rational it ,but ever time i do ..I come with the same answer. I just feel right infemme than not infemme!
maybe it was 1 my abuse of father ?
2. my mother leaving me with my father ?
3. my grandmother raising me from 5 ys old ?
4. not having sibling till my father re married my step mother?
I can go on ,but what is the use ?
I am tran-gender person that god desided to bless with two-genders .
many people dont know what or how the other gender lives ,but we do ..
I dont ask why or how, I just imbrace it now . :love: Wendi

Sweet Jane
01-31-2007, 09:51 PM
I have absolutely no idea

Kate Simmons
02-01-2007, 04:07 AM
I was a rough and tumble boy who also liked playing with girls. One day I got this wacky idea that it would be even more fun being a rough and tumble girl. The rest is history.:happy:

Marla S
02-01-2007, 04:44 AM
Let's say it this way.
If you not really pleased with the boy thing, what alternatives do you have ?
I think not being satisfied with the boys role is an at least as important reason as feeling attracted to the girls world.
Maybe it is even THE reason, 'cause the boys world is the only thing we seriously know what we talk about. Being girl might only be a wish or the only alternative to escape from this not so loved world.

Lisa Golightly
02-01-2007, 04:51 AM
I'm a girly girl.

Suzie S.
02-01-2007, 05:30 AM
I have no idea why I do it. Wearing women's clothes just feels right. Being feminine feels natural to me. It's so confusing, but I know this will be with me for my lifetime. I just accept it and keep dressing as a woman. :happy:

RachelDenise
02-01-2007, 05:36 AM
Started with my mom's lingerie when I was about 10 or 11 and haven't looked back. It felt natural, I liked how it made me feel, and once the teen years kicked in, there was the sexual part of it. All this made me what I am today!

Mary Jane
02-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I have no idea what made me want to dress in female clothes. I don't try to figure it out, I just enjoy it and have fun.

icelady
02-01-2007, 08:47 AM
iv been thinking about this for the last 2 hours. and yep the same answer as most people. i have no idea. but satin and silky items sure do feel a lot better on the skin.:p

toygun22
02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
i began when i was like 7 i saw some female clothes in the laundry room and i put them on and i loved it, iv been dressing for 11 years now

Lorna
02-01-2007, 12:50 PM
I think I responded to a similar question on an earlier occasion. With no sisters or brothers, my knowledge of girls was very thin. At eleven I left primary school where there were girls and went to an all-boys secondary school. Soon after that my natural interest in the opposite sex began to manifest itself and I took a lot of notice of the girls I saw out and about - neighbours, girls on their way to school, in shops, in the park, etc - and realised that they were starting to wear more adult clothes, especially stockings. I wondered what it must feel like to wear stockings that came right up above the knee.....and found out by trying a pair of my mother's. I didn't know anything about suspender belts so I assumed the girls held their stockings up with elastic garters (like boys often did with their socks) or perhaps they wore girdles like my mother did. I tried on an old girdle belonging to my mother and enjoyed the feeling of stockings and suspenders. I then tried a skirt and liked that, too. It was a long time before I ventured any further because the availability of girlfriends began to answer all my questions about what girls wore and I enjoyed studying girls at closer quarters! Eventually, though, I wanted to try more things and that has continued for the last 45 years or so.

sami1952
02-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I always had the urge to dress in women's clothes and i was around 12 when i ready started wanting to do it and been doing ever since and don't regreted it.

Tina B.
02-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Started out at around 6 or 7 with my big sisters cast offs, A bag of old clothes Dad called rags. He kept them in a shed in the back yard. After a while it was not enough, so I started to take to reading books in the bathtub at bath time, and took long bathes, at least that is what the family thought I was doing in there all that time. I found that my sisters clothes in the hamper gave me a chance to try on underware and nylons and back then even girddles and garterbelts, as well as dresses and skirts.
I can't say why I found it all that interesting, but even getting caught out playing dressup and getting in trouble for dressing up in the "old rags", all I learned is that it is best to keep it in the closet and not get caught again.
I never did get caught again, and I am still in the closet after all of these years.
But I am sure glad that I never was succesfull with all of the purging I did over the years!
Tina B.

wabnaok
02-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I have no idea why. I am completely clueness.

michellect
02-01-2007, 02:14 PM
It all started for me when I was about 10 or 12 years old. It began as a fascination/attraction to women wearing skirts, pantyhose, and heels. I loved the look so much that I had to try them on for myself. The next thing I knew, I was sneeking into my sisters room to try on her clothes.

RobertaFermina
02-01-2007, 02:16 PM
The first time I was "dared to dress", I went for it because I would share the beautifying, and sensual space with my roommate, her friends (who helped) and her clothes ! I really wanted to get into her pants, and this was one way to do it.

Also, I always had a fancy for girls, and created all kinds of fantasies where I would have them under my power - bound - or spellbound - and I could touch and smell, and take them. Somewhere in there the fantasy expanded to me being in a girl's place - bound - or spellbound. That submissive fanatsy also fueled my willingness to shower, shave, make-up, primp, curtsey, wink, and flirt, and...and......

Put those two together and there you have it.

I do it for additional and different reasons today, but the naughty boy/naughty girl part of me is always there in the background.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Audrey34
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
I was 14 when I started to dress. My bondage fetish kicked in the year before. One day, I wondered what it would be like to portray one of the heroines I saw tied up on tv. So it was kind of a two-fold thing. It grew into where there were times when I couldn't have one without the other. So I practiced a LOT of self-bondage and discovered the joys (and random fashion mistakes) of cross-dressing.
-Audrey

lissetta
02-01-2007, 08:25 PM
I was blessed with a twin sister who i dearly love and two older twin sisters.My twin understood she say somehow we got mixed up. She is str.8 but still is one hellof a tomboy.As for myself im sporty!

Kimmie W
02-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I've thought about this for a long time and still have no clear answer. The one thing I do know is that once I stopped feeling guilty over what was completely natural for me, dressing as a women became a positive experience.

I am more secure, confident and content as a woman. Life is so short, we all need to be free to express who we are each day, for me that is feeling, looking and acting feminine. I am grateful to be able to do that, if only in the confines of my home.

sharon2
02-01-2007, 10:14 PM
i just loved to watch my mum dressing,and the feel of her underwear,and
her beautiful dresses.i loved my sister dressing me in her clothes,then mum
bought me my first frilly dress i felt wonderful.

natasha
02-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Ummmmm It felt right!!

cdlaura2007
02-02-2007, 12:52 AM
This is something I've wondered about myself over the years. I remember being 6 or 7 and watching my sister's ballet class and wishing I could dress like that. I never acted on that till I was about 10 or 11 and saw one of my sister's bras on her bed and just decided to try it on. That was 25+ years ago and I enjoy it more everyday. I honestly have no idea what caused those thoughts in me, I'm just glad I had them.

Staci G
02-02-2007, 09:50 AM
I really dont know why but I do know when and how. I was about 7/8 tried on moms panties and fell in love with the sensation after that i like many others started stealing sis's panties and hose. I bought my first pr of pantyhose after I joined the army and lived off base. it escalated from there while I was driving a truck cross country crossdressing was the best I was always away from home so every where I went I could dress and never be seen by anyone I know. but all this from a pr of panties that just seemed to becon me to wear them and I did wear those all day.
I know this was a little off the ??? but i do ramble lol :rolleyes: :2c:

Ugly Michele
02-02-2007, 10:09 AM
Did it to escape and loved it. Was abused as a child by my mother and was an escape to a dream place. Now it makes me feel like I might be wanted by someone. My wife will onnly make love to me now when I am in dress and am fine with that if it makes her want me. Due to my size Height not weight no one would want me otherwise.

Tina B.
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Funny, all of this post, and still we are no closer to the answer, everyone seems to know when and how, but not so much on the why.
I guess the pro's might me right, maybe we are just born that way!:2c:

Angela E.
02-02-2007, 12:48 PM
I was born to do this.As to why?.....Haven`t a clue.:hugs: Angela.:confused: :confused: :confused: :GE: :la:

krissy
02-04-2007, 07:56 AM
im not sure.i remeber being a small boy and seeing my stepdad beat us and mom but i also saw how he treeted the girls different than the boys i quess it started there.but when i changed clothes with my sister at the movies and i walked down thoses stairs i knew i felt so beautiful i didnt want it to stop i didnt even want to change back she got so mad at me we were 9 and 11 but i used to put moms clothes on when i was alone alot.i would dream of leaveing home and living full time as a woman.but that was a fantasy.real life came and i had to go on with life but i still love to dress.:hugs:

krissy:hugs:

Karren H
02-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Really don't know for sure why .... and really don't care why...

Karren

TVStevie
02-04-2007, 08:30 AM
It turned me on, simple as. I started CDing before I even started school. I loved the tactile sensations and have ever since.

Paulaukcd
02-04-2007, 10:34 AM
with me i was about 10 years old my mother had clothes from my aunts daughters to sell and i used too put on the bras then didnt do it till i was in my forties and love dressing sexily now

krissysSecret
02-04-2007, 11:28 AM
It was crime of opportunity! I just had to put that dress on when I was a little boy alone in the bathroom!!! OK???? Leave me alone...I'm BUSY!
I just really don't know why...but I'm glad I did. Whew.....glad to have that off my chest.
Krissy

PaulaJaneThomas
02-04-2007, 11:42 AM
It's simple. I was born transgender. I'm generally more comfortable presenting as female.

Rebecca-L
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Really don't know for sure why .... and really don't care why...

Karren

I agree with Karren 100%

alice.m
02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Life's to short to spend time wondering about the why's and wherefores.

KristyCD
03-21-2007, 07:01 PM
I would always admire sexy women in sexy clothes - feel envious I think. I never liked be a hairy man - didn't feel sexy

Casey Morgan
03-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I can recall quite vividly the feeling of putting on "my" first pair of panties and feeling like I was taking a step towards becoming a girl. Unfortunately I only have a vague sense of sometimes wanting to be a girl, but I'm sure it had been there for a little while anyway.

At the time, it was weird. I couldn't figure out why I would only sometimes want to be a girl. Now it seems so blindingly obvious.

mithali
03-22-2007, 07:21 AM
well dont rememebr why it started.. in my early age i liked to wear undergarments.... But now i guess its more to do with sexual likes...as i am Bi i like to meet guys who accept CD....

Marcie Sexton
03-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Why ask why...its a part of us that isn't or can't be explained...given our societies "experts" can provide reasons but are they really the reason...

As a realist and a firm believer in predestination of sorts, You and I both were meant to be what we are while we were a twinkle in our parents eyes, just as we were meant to be as we are now...

That for me is enough...

PinkCDgirl34B
03-22-2007, 07:44 AM
Tried on my moms hose when I was 12, felt so good. Now it makes feel nice, sexy and is a great stress reliever!

SandyR

And that is EXACTLY how and why I began.....I was curious of mom's pantyhose hanging in the laundry room. It was magic sliding them up my legs and even better just seeing and feeling my legs encased in dark nylon. It's still just a great "wow" moment for me.

Great day to all.

Lacey

Lovely Rita
03-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Marie
I wish I could give you a more substantial reason, but when I was 3 and put on Mom's nylon stockings and black patent stilleto pumps, I was a gonner. Been doing it ever since.

My joy has been ever increasing with every new day. I trully love this part of my life.

tracy_Trevor
03-22-2007, 08:42 AM
I was the eldest and only boy of a then family of 5. There were female undies left every where. Is it a winder that I tried some of them on.

At about 11 I was hooked on female panties. Later on when I had left home i graduated into wearing all kinds of female clothes.