PDA

View Full Version : How to wear Red Lipstick

sissylacypanties
01-31-2007, 07:12 PM
I am terrible with makeup, and have a bunch to learn for a natural, not overbearing look. This is a little tidbit I found on CNN's website. I'm sure there are some of you girls like myself who can use all the help we can get...smiles.

http://lifestyle.msn.com/beautyandfashion/makeupandskincare/articlelhj.aspx?cp-documentid=2694800&GT1=8990

ArleneRaquel
01-31-2007, 07:52 PM
One of my favorite subjects. But what is it that I need to know other than it goes ( beautifully ) on my lips ? :love: & :hugs: Trina - Red Lipstick Fiend

marie354
01-31-2007, 09:06 PM
You need several shades to start with. One shade might not look right with your outfit, or the time of the year. There are only a couple shades of red that look good on me and some better in summer than winter.
You have to experiment to find just what works.
:hugs:

MarinaTwelve200
01-31-2007, 09:57 PM
I know really bright red does not work for me. ALso brownish shades seem to vanish on my face too.
I need something darker than my skin tone, otherwise my lips seem to dissapear at a distance, sorta blending into my face. Also if they are too shiny, it also makes them less visable.

I suppose I need a very DARK red so my lips can be sharply defined. But with a definate red rather than brown color. I haven't quite found that shade yet.
No one seems to make the dark blood red, I am looking for---even last halloween I looked, but while it looked right in the tube, it looked either too brown or too light on my lips.

dods460
01-31-2007, 10:05 PM
One shade might not look right with your outfit
Never do your makeup to go with an outfit, you might think it's a good idea, but makeup defines your face clothes define your figure. Do your makeup so your features are looking there best, however if your going for a certain look like pink outfit with pink makeup that's a whole nother story.

marie354
01-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Never do your makeup to go with an outfit, you might think it's a good idea, but makeup defines your face clothes define your figure. Do your makeup so your features are looking there best, however if your going for a certain look like pink outfit with pink makeup that's a whole nother story.

I disagree.... Even my underwear has to match. If I have a white blouse and a violet skirt, the shoes have to be black and I have have the option, with a dark brown hair shade, to go anywhere. Well not really, but within reason. Red shades look best with my face, but depending on what wear... The lipstick has to complement to some degree with that.
:hugs: