PDA

View Full Version : is it more exceptable is cd

icelady
02-01-2007, 09:04 AM
HEY EVERYONE.

DO YOU THINK IT IS MORE EXCEPTABLE TO CD IN OTHER COUNTRY,S. IM FROM THE UK, BUT FROM WHAT I READ IT SEEMS TO BE EASIER TO GO OUTSIDE IN FOR INSTANCE THE USA. MIGHT BE JUST ME. I GET A BIT JEALOUS WHEN I HERE THAT SOME OF YOU GIRLS HAVE BEEN OUT SHOPPING ALL DRESSED . I THINK WE IN THE UK AS A WHOLE HAVE A LESS EXCEPTING CULTURE. OR DO WE JUST HAVE LESS BOTTLE:

PS WELL BE GETTING A PICTUE UP SOON. SO BE KIND HEHE. :tongueout

Sandra
02-01-2007, 09:35 AM
From what I have read on here we in the UK have it a lot eaiser, I live with my SO in the Lincs region and have no problems going out shopping or just out in the mainstream. Our daughter also lives in Cornwall and we have had know problems there when visting. As for having "less bottle" maybe some do you just have to get out there and do your own thing.

GinaVegas
02-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I've always thought that it was much easier for those in the UK as opposed to the US.

Stephenie S
02-01-2007, 09:38 AM
The UK has a LONG history of CDing for fun and entertainment. It is NOT so well received in the good ol' US of A.

The grass is allways greener on the other side of the fence (or pond).

Lovies,
Stephenie

Marla S
02-01-2007, 09:50 AM
I think it depends more on the region than the country.
Each country has more and less conservative regions. Big cities make it more easy than small villages. Even within a city there are better and less good districts to dress.

Marcie Sexton
02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
As difficult as it may seem to express yourself in public, you really need to try this area.:straightface:

The "good ole boys" in this area still believe in tar & feathers...don't/won't accept gays, so just ponder that for a while...:sad:

For me I must drive a minimum of 2 1/2 hours to be able to go ut and enjoy myself as Marcie:happy:

Kate Simmons
02-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I dunno Hon. I used to get a magazine from the UK by the name of TV Repartee. There seemed to be a lot of active CD's over there. Maybe you're just not looking in the right places?:happy:

PaulaJaneThomas
02-01-2007, 12:01 PM
I've never CD'd outside the UK so I can't comment on how safe other countries are. I go out a lot and have done for the best part of 20 years. Never had a problem.

gennee
02-01-2007, 12:16 PM
It's more acceptable here in New York City. I've walked around day and night and haven't encountered any problems. I guess in a smaller town, it wouldn't be cool :cool: .

Gennee

julie w
02-01-2007, 01:08 PM
I travel the world and would rather go out dress in new york city paris or toronto than say london or sydney there seems to be more drinking and loud people that go to pubs in say london that would worry me , having said that I think with the proper home work checking where and when you will be going out dressed most large citys and tourist towns are fine to go out
you are going to find rude people everywere so plan and have fun

ArleneRaquel
02-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Alone or in a small group of CD'ers there really has never been any trouble for me, now on occasion teenage or " super macho " young adult males yell nasty things, but that's as far as it's gone and that hasn't happen to me in months. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Happy CD'er

Staci G
02-01-2007, 01:25 PM
As difficult as it may seem to express yourself in public, you really need to try this area.:straightface:

The "good ole boys" in this area still believe in tar & feathers...don't/won't accept gays, so just ponder that for a while...:sad:

For me I must drive a minimum of 2 1/2 hours to be able to go ut and enjoy myself as Marcie:happy:

Marcie
I feel your pain as the cliche' goes I am in the south good ol' boys area too so I envy those in the big city for only that reason. I am sure there is intolerance and insecurity even in the city but in backwood redneckville it is pevailent so maybe the grass is greener on the other side maybe not. I do know in my closet there is no prejudice
Love yas

janedoe311
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
So places in San Francisco, no problem if you are not in drag you will get looks.
But in most of the Bay area you will get stares and name calling.

Most people are not nice. Some areas you would be beat up.

I do not know about other states but I would doubt you could walk down town in a Spokane WA without trouble in some areas.

The problem is if you are trying to pass their will be some doubt. I have seen some women, that probally were either tg or crossdressers. If you simply wear dresses or skirts or make no real attempt to pass, makeup, wig breast forms etc,then you will get attention.

Karren H
02-01-2007, 04:54 PM
I think this seems like "the grass is always greener on the otherside of the fence" type situation!! Or should I rephrase that as "the dress is always prettier on the otherside of the store". Hehe!!!

And I think it not the country but the reagon, city, comunity, street.... That you like and crossdress on that determines how well your "bottle" floats!!! And it depends on the individual......

Too many variables... Not enough equation to solve!!

Love Karren

Sherlyn
02-01-2007, 05:07 PM
You know after reading this Im inclined to think its not the place you are ...but the person you are and the mood your in when your out and about ....myself I can walk down the same street or in the same mall 1 day not feeling a bit of glares and stares ...yet the next day if Im not feeling my Sher vibe I feel the whole world is just watching me

Kristen L
02-01-2007, 07:46 PM
My SO and I have traveled around Costa Rica enfem many times with no problem. There are alot of clubs in San Jose that are TV frendly

loki_uk
02-01-2007, 08:04 PM
As long as I don't stray into rough areas on my own I haven't had a problem

I had 3 drunk hooligans try and get in my car once when I was drunk after peering in the car going it's bloke etc etc...I hit the central locking and thankfully my friends reappeared and they disappeared but it's not fun

I someone whose car broke down in the wrong area and got beaten up, so always carry a mobile and nilla clothes just in case