PDA

View Full Version : Stopped by the Police

Paulacder
02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
A couple years ago I was stopped by the Police. I had just left one of the C.D.er friendly Clubs and was on my way to meet a friend when the car behind me turned out to be a cop. The lights came on and I stopped, The officer walked up to my window, the strange thing was he didn't ask if I had ben drinking, he asked where I was going and I told him, then about this time a second cruiser pulled up. The officer asked for my liscense and with them returned to his car. In about 5 minutes he returned to my car returned my liscense to me apoligized for detaining me. he then returned to his car turned off his lights and both cop cars left. Was wondering has anyone else had a similar traffic stop? I also drove into a Sobriety Check Point but I'll save that for another thread.......:happy:

Butterfly Bill
02-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I have been stopped a fewtimes over the course of the last decade. One time I was asked, "why are you wearing a dress?" and I answered, "I always do.", and he went on to give me a ticket for what I had been doing without any further mention. Another time two cops said that a convenience store owner had called them on me as "acting suspicious", and asked me why I was wearing a dress,and I said that I considered myself a transgenedered person, and they didn't ask anything further, or ticket me or anything.

Crossdressing is not against the law anywhere in the US. Wearing a disguise to commit another crime is, so the worse you pass, the better off you will be if you are suspected of any real crime..

amanda barber
02-01-2007, 03:28 PM
The lights came on and I stopped, The officer walked up to my window, the strange thing was he didn't ask if I had ben drinking, he asked where I was going and I told him, then about this time a second cruiser pulled up. The officer asked for my liscense and with them returned to his car. In about 5 minutes he returned to my car returned my liscense to me apoligized for detaining me. he then returned to his car turned off his lights and both cop cars left. Was wondering has anyone else had a similar traffic stop?

Sounds like a typical stop in a hot area or a simular looking vehicle stop, not related to you being dressed.

Sierra Evon
02-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I was stopped once for a traffic violation in 2004, I had on a skirt and my sailor top lipstick hair ribbons , the cop had to do a double take after seeing my liceince , he then asked me well MR.? so your still at this address ? yes , and your still male ? I said , yes but Im a transgender girl , he just said OK!!!
wrote me the ticket and that was it , I was doing 55 in a 54 :eek:

JoAnnDallas
02-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Sierra Evon.....that sucks.......cops normally don't bother unless your at least 5 miles above the speed limit. Cost of a ticket is same for 1-5 miles over speed limit.

Melinda G
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
, I was doing 55 in a 54
Huh? Never heard of a 54 mph speed limit.
I've been stopped twice. No ticket. Just checked my license and left. One cop said they had a report of a man acting suspiciously, and wearing a dress, "like you have on". I just smiled and said, "yes, I guess that would look suspicious to some people". He handed me my license, and walked away.
Hint: If anyone's going to call the cops on you, it's old people.

susie evans
02-01-2007, 08:20 PM
nope never been stoped

Tasha Meredith
02-01-2007, 08:23 PM
I've never been stopped... Ever. :tongueout

Amy Hepker
02-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Nope never stopped, I was riding around with my second wife one time and I had on a dress. We were sitting at a stop sign and a cop came down the street and turned the corner right next to us. The cop on the drivers side was staring pretty hard at me. I acted like I was sneesing and covered my face. The cop kept going, boy was that close.

Tasha Meredith
02-01-2007, 08:44 PM
55 in the 54 :eek:
I think that was a loose reference to Jay-Z's "99 Problems." (On second thought, I'm certain because he gave a hilarious account of being pulled over in that song) Anyway, when I went driving en femme I was mostly worried about getting into wreck. That breast padding can be very distracting. :heehee:

amanda barber
02-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Huh? Never heard of a 54 mph speed limit.

We used to have some speed limits like that in the northern counties near Canada in the late 70's, early 80's. 34mph 44mph were common on back roads for a while. It makes sense in a vehicle with a metric speedometer.

sissystephanie
02-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I was stopped once for a traffic violation in 2004, I had on a skirt and my sailor top lipstick hair ribbons , the cop had to do a double take after seeing my liceince , he then asked me well MR.? so your still at this address ? yes , and your still male ? I said , yes but Im a transgender girl , he just said OK!!!

I think Sierra Evon meant 55 in a 45 MPH zone. No cop would give a ticket for 1 mile over the limit. In most States, including Washington, by law police have to give you up to 10 miles. 10 or over will get you a ticket!

I have never been stopped wearing a dress, since I rarely wear dresses. But I was stopped for speeding while wearing a rather tight top with a padded bra under it. I also had on a bright blue skort and open toe sandals. The cop looked at my license, then at me. and said, "you don't look much like this picture." I just told him I was dressed differently then. He said. "I guess so," and handed me the ticket. Sure glad he did not ask me to get out of the car, so he could see my pretty painted toes.:heehee:

Sissy

More Girl than man

amanda barber
02-01-2007, 11:20 PM
. In most States, including Washington, by law police have to give you up to 10 miles. 10 or over will get you a ticket!

Where did that myth come from?
It certainly is not in the Washinton RCW. Police at their discretion, might give brake for few MPH for speedometer variances but its purely optional. there is certainly no 10mph grace by law. If there were it would be in 46.61.4** Basic rule and Maximum limits.

Rebecca Petersen
02-02-2007, 12:07 AM
I was told by a California Highway Patrol officer (Friend) that 1 mile an hour over will get you a ticket if he or she feels like it. However they usually won't, because it's pretty easy in court to get a judge to see differences in speedometer readings.

Tasha Meredith
02-02-2007, 02:28 AM
Where did that myth come from?

Actually, it's partly based on the fact that your tire make, wear and inflation change your meter's accuracy. Plus they tend to only pursue if you're 5MPH+ in excess to avoid wasting their time on on nickel-n-dimers. FYI: A common trick in my county was to have your speedometer calibrated just after the moving violation to show "unawareness of speeding" or defective equipment. Works some of the time.

Joy Carter
02-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Most police officers are professionals and have seen it all so I wouldn't worry to much about it. As far as speed goes. There are no laws in Ohio as to what speed over you can cite. I just know the just know that the judges would take a rather dim view of an officer, who wrote a one mile per hour over citation.:eek:

Lori Lynn
02-02-2007, 06:39 AM
I have been stopped a few times. The first time I had to go thru the complete DUI test by one of the officers infront of his cruiser camera. The other officer searched my car and purse. They gave no reason for the stop and was not drinking or doing anything that caused the stop. The one officer kept asking me why I do this. I explained I was a transgender and
protested the stop. I never got an answer and did not get any ticket. I feel to this day they were just cruising for babes.

Jere Oneil
02-02-2007, 09:06 AM
A good friend of mine is a county deputy. His comment on writing tickets for less than 10MPH over is, "If I ticketed everyone going less than 10 over, I would spend my whole life in court".

crossing-the-rain
02-02-2007, 09:32 AM
I think most of the police are more open minded ,they have much more to concern than a male dress like a woman and they also know how to judge.
Rain.

tvmichellef
02-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I was questioned at a park by an officer.I was dressed and talking to my date that i was going to meet on the cell. the officer strolled up to me and asked miss what are you doing here?.I spilled my guts about meeting my date and he asked me where we we're going and if i knew him. I was dressed like sort of a schoolgirl, he wanted to know the bar we we're going to. he was satisfied that i wasn't a threat so he finally let me go, boy was that scary.

sixstringplayer_58
02-02-2007, 11:38 AM

yes serri that did suck just one mile per hour over that cop was a dickhead
GLENDA:love:

Melinda G
02-02-2007, 12:06 PM
I was questioned at a park by an officer.I was dressed and talking to my date that i was going to meet on the cell. the officer strolled up to me and asked miss what are you doing here?.

I wasn't aware you had to have a reason to be in a park. Shoulda told him you were birdwatching.

vicky lee
02-02-2007, 12:20 PM
ive only been stopped the once for haveing a tail light bulb out never ask for my licence, just told me to get it fixed and that was that.
i was wear a long flowing dress at the time and make up and said nothing about it
it was my first time out in fem so i was nervious to

EricaCD
02-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Nope. Of course I don't do very much driving en femme because I am usually in downtown SF or Manhattan. And I am sure every cop in both those cities has seen much, much stranger things...

MistyCD
02-02-2007, 05:31 PM
I would avoid doing 1 mph over the limit in a school zone.....as cops will nail you for that in NJ.. And its not worth the $3000 penalty!!!!!

best thing is to 1, buy a radar detector and 2 do the speed limit.

Hugs Misty

janedoe311
02-02-2007, 07:25 PM
When I was in security I talked to officers a lot, worked graveyard shift, not much to do. They are not phased by much. They might have a giggle or say something to they guys in the locker room to make a conversation but that is it, no names or specifics.

So do not even give it a second thought. (just do not get arrested.)

janedoe311
02-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I was pulled over in Pa 105 mph in 65mph zone and not issued a ticket.
I was pulled over in NJ 75mph in 40 mph zone and not issued a ticket.
I was pulled over in Ny 70 mph in 65mph zone and GOT A TICKET wheres the justice.lol....................................... ...........................................

It all depends on the officer..........The flow of traffic in North NJ, Pa, and NY area hwys is about 80 mph anyone who commutes RT 80,Rt 84 or rt78 can attest to this fact.

He was sitting on the side of the road with radar. I fought it (by letter) by saying that it was 6am, there was about 1/2 mile visibility in both directions and perfect weather and road conditions. I included photos of the place where the officer was sitting. Then I said I believe used to be 65MPH here, until Nixon had changed it. I looked at the county seat to see when it was changed and surveyed last but was told it would take a while the engineer was not there! I argued in the letter that I am sure the road was engineered for 65 MPH and this was a trap (the officer sitting there), not to mention there was a car in front of me that was pulling way when he passed the officer.

I was found not guilty, not case dismissed, which will happen if the officer does not show up for the hearing.

So if there is ANY question, fight it. My wife fought two tickets (on paper) and won both and both from the CHP.

Jasmine Ellis
02-02-2007, 08:18 PM
gone pass a few cops but never have been stoped by one may that continue :tongueout

Rachel Morley
02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Never been pulled over yet, but I just know it's gonna happen one day :worried:

Nataliecan
02-02-2007, 10:46 PM
When I go out en femme...I always follow the law (stop, speed limit, etc.). Furthermore, I only drink mix juice (no alcool). I really enjoy my evening like that.

Natalie

nancy58
02-02-2007, 10:50 PM
I was doing 55 in a 54 :eek:

Where do they have a "54" zone?

Nancy

Paulacder
02-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Cold I share one bit of advise with everyone. Never drink, while driveing dressed. If you are stopped it would make a bad situtation worse. I heard a saying years ago from a police officer that he had issued a ticket for a D.U.I.I.D. of course the I.D. was a joke. As it turned out he stopped a car late one evening there was a guy dressed and drunk. So coined the phrase Driveing Under the Influince in Drag................