PDA

View Full Version : getting contact lenses

Rebecca C
02-01-2007, 03:11 PM
hello everyone just wanted to know, how many of you ladies have gotten contact lenses to help with your female look . i will be getting mine this weekend ,so that i am able to wear those real nice women sunglasses. i am tired of those ugly male perscription glasses i have to wear all the time , now i will be able to wear the more feminine styles and be able to see.

JeanneF
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Sunglasses (in both boy and girl mode) are the main reason I have contacts. I actually like wearing glasses, plus I have a couple of pairs that are either unisex or distinctly feminine, but in the summer I pretty much wear contacts every day so I can wear cool sunglasses. I have a pair of prescription Ray-Bans as well, but sunglass styles change so rapidly that it would cost a fortune to keep buying "trendy" prescription sunglasses.

Samantha Jane Foster
02-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Despite Dorothy Parker's famous rhyme, I've always loved the girl-with-glasses look (Ashleigh Banfield on MSNBC for instance), so luckily I'm blind as a bat and can buy cute women's glasses. However, it does maybe limit your image a bit.

chick.wish
02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
hello everyone just wanted to know, how many of you ladies have gotten contact lenses to help with your female look . i will be getting mine this weekend ,so that i am able to wear those real nice women sunglasses. i am tired of those ugly male perscription glasses i have to wear all the time , now i will be able to wear the more feminine styles and be able to see.

I've worn contacts for quite a few years now, and let me tell you they really open up your whole world of options. :D

Daintre
02-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I love my contact lenses, I have had several sets over the years. I do switch between them and my wire rim glasses.

Kristen Marie
02-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I always wear my contacts when I'm dressed as I'm practically blind. Doctor said I'm beyond LASIK but the new implantable lens sound encouraging.

JoAnnDallas
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I went a step farther and had laser surgry on my eyes. Don't have to worry about putting/taking out contacts any more. Nice thing is the Doctor gives all his patients the same cool POLAR sun glasses. I have four pair now. Wife and I both got a pair when we went to the sieminar. I got another pair when I had my eyes done. Got the fourth pair when I had to have my close vision touched up a tab. I am now 100% 20/15 vision close and far. Wife gave me her pair after the Doctor determined that laser could not correct her vision. We are looking at getting her the lens replacement for her birthday this year.

I have used the sun glasses in both drab and en fem mode. Really helps in the en fem mode, since they hid a lot of your face and with my makeup really makes me look a lot more fem.

finacarina
02-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Had lasik performed last september, and after wearing contacts since I was 13 years old, it is so nice to be able to put on my eye makeup without having to worry about it getting in my lenses.

susie evans
02-01-2007, 08:02 PM
i wish i could but that's out i will have to stick to glasses

susie

ArleneRaquel
02-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I have about 30 pair of presciption lenses, all but 2 - 3 female or uni - sex. The right style with the right make - up can do wonders for a girl's looks and sex appeal. :love: & :hugs: Trina - I Always Make Passes at Girls ( or men enfemme ) Who Wear Glasses

Rebecca Petersen
02-01-2007, 11:51 PM
I too wear contacts, but lately they have been irritating my eyes, so I've been wearing my glasses once again. Had femme glasses made not to long ago. Prior to that I just didn't wear them at all when dressed. Couldn't see anything, but hey, you have to make some sacrifices. Driving was one.

Tracy_Victoria
02-02-2007, 03:35 AM
I have no need to wear glasses but often wear both contacts and glasses. ie to look different. Ie coloured contact lenses and clear lenses in the glasses. both add to me looking different, which is what my dressing is about.

I just changed my profile picture, in that I have brown contacts (my real eye colour is a blue gray, and as I said, I don't wear glasses as a man! This way I can wear wigs and contacts to suit or mix and match, ie blue eyes blonde wigs, green eyes for red heads.

Robin Leigh
02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
I usually wear disposable contacts when en femme. In fact, for over 5 years, I sold contact lenses to optometrists. Daily disposables are the most economical for weekend dressing.

:hugs:

Robin

Rita Knight
02-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Hi Everyone,
I wear glasses for distance. When I am at work or on the computer, I do not need them. You can see my pictures elswhere on the forum. I have bought my glasses from Eyeglass Factory Outlet at: http://www.eyeglassfactoryoutlet.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=16&osCsid=b0a2a4f18fd03d638520d22c728a5fb7 With my prescription, the glasses cost me about $45 with lenses and delivery. Recently, I found where they were getting their drag style glasses. They have the brand name Dr. Peepers and can be found here: http://www.thetreebuilder.com/drpeepersindex.html These are high end costume glasses and not all of them can take prescription lenses. The people at Eyeglass Factory Outlet will speak to you on the phone. You need your prescription. You also should know how big a head you have. With me, I must have a pair of frames that has at least 50mm as their first measurment.