PDA

View Full Version : moon shot

JenniferR771
02-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Look! Up there! I heard somewhere that crossdressers put a man on the moon.
---There are a lot of crossdressing engineers. The rumor was that a large number worked for NASA during the 60's and 70's.---Have any of you helped to put a man on the moon? Have crossdressing engineers advanced our civilization in other significant ways?
---Anybody been to a Halloween masquarade party at a large engineering firm, department or agency?
---I just cannot picture Halloween at the coal mine, Karren. :eek:

JoAnnDallas
02-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I will confess........I was a member of the "Man spacecraft preflight and recovery team" for Apollo, skylab, ASTP, and early Shuttle. Got to sit in the Apollo command module seat on top of a Saturn V rocket one time. It was Apollo 17. Also got to sit in a seat on the Shuttle Columbia once too.

susie evans
02-02-2007, 01:40 PM
haveing worked with a group from JPL i would say you could be on to some thing :heehee:

susie

Kate Simmons
02-02-2007, 01:41 PM
Well, I'm no engineer Jennifer but when it comes to the moon, some may not get quite the "shot" they expected, especially if I'm in kind of a devilish mood like I am right now.:happy:

JoAnnDallas
02-02-2007, 01:46 PM
I will have to dig out some old photos where a couple of apollo FLIGHT SURGEONS wearing lavalava's and carring pichforks.

Karren H
02-02-2007, 04:10 PM
haveing worked with a group from JPL i would say you could be on to some thing :heehee:

susie

JPL showed up at our coal mine in SWV once.... Back in the 70's Came back to me in engineering and wanted to know how we mine coal.... Said they were looking at how to improve things. So I gave the a tour of our surface mine and our underground mines... And since I'm a big space fan we had a great time... Got a lot of really neat literature from them later...

Soooo. They went away and I never ever heard from then again... Guess coal mining isn't rocket science!!! Hehe

And hey...... Got Electricity still???

I assume so if your reading this post!!! If you not reading this post....... Never mind.....

:D

Love Karren

Sierra Evon
02-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Those NASA guys , you just never know !!!!!!:heehee:

JoAnnDallas
02-02-2007, 04:39 PM
:D Ah shucks

linnea
02-02-2007, 05:28 PM
very interesting questions

DonnaT
02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
http://www.pennyfox.com/nelson.htm

http://www.evolutionpublishing.com.au/sxnews/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1548&Itemid=40

Jasmine Ellis
02-02-2007, 08:12 PM
well thats new so what are we saying here not [ man in the moon ]
[BUT woman on the moon ] OR........[crossdresser on the moon ] :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

SandyR
02-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Something about being in the weightless vacume of space, dressed in heels, thigh highs, nice skirt.....very interesting......LOL

Big hugs......

SandyR

Robin Leigh
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
There's the computer engineering professor, Lynn Conway, one of the pioneers behind the modern microchip. Although she's TS rather than CD, she's a big supporter of the whole TG community. Her homepage http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conway/conway.html, has lots of great stories & links.

I think there were a few TG people involved with developing the Amiga computer. According to Jay Miner, one of the chip designers, "There were guys coming to work in purple tights and pink bunny slippers".

Robin

TxKimberly
02-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Well,

I'm an engineer but I do not work in the space program. In all honesty that would be the one job I would be willling to leave my company of over 12 years for. Nasa DOES use some of our equipment, so I suppose in an indirect fashion I could be considered to be involved. Oh, and I also got to shake hands with Neil Armstrong once when I was in the Army - that's got to count for something!
Kim

Katrina
02-03-2007, 05:24 PM
While I won't say exactly what projects I've worked on, I have done engineering work on a few NASA planetary spacecraft. No manned ones though.

Rebecca-L
02-03-2007, 06:33 PM
When I first started working after graduation, my first several projects were all part of the Apollo project. The very first one was working on the radar unit that helped the lunar module join back up with the orbiter.

marie354
02-03-2007, 07:03 PM
It seems that we come from all walks of life here. I find this very interesting indeed. Before I found this site, I had no idea that there were so many of out there somewhere, and some have friends within 50-100 miles. Wonderful, just wonderful.
And... Wow! Kimberly, you actually met Neil Armstrong! I'll bet you were excited. I got excited just reading that.
:hugs: