PDA

View Full Version : Under the "heading" of:

Phyliss
02-02-2007, 03:04 PM
To be filed under the Heading of: "Some People Just Seem to KNOW and don't care"

Had a haircut (singular, there ain't much on top) appointment today, and eyebrow wax. As I was talking to T---- the subject of clothes came up. I commented that I wanted to loose a bit more weight so I could fit into a size 10. I went on to say that the 12's I had on were nice but I just wanted to be able to wear a 10. She commented that some of the makers sizes were just so wrong, called it Vanity Sizing, (we all know about that). She went on to say that sometimes she'll buy an article and it seems to be fine in the store but when she gets home, it just doesn't look right so she has to take it back and then ends up spending more money on more stuff.
I agreed with her that it's difficult to find just the right thing, or if you find a cute skirt then you just can't find a top to match it in your size. ( I said it more as a joke and for some "schock value") "That is such a bummer" was her comment. Playing the game a bit more I noted that this past summer I found a lovely (My exact word) pencil skirt but must have tried on at least 10 tops and nothing fit right. "What color is it? and did you ever find anything?" I mentioned that I stopped into Dots about 12 miles away and found just what I wanted. "Oh, Dots, I just love that place, did you get anything else there?
And so the conversation went. Just like two ladies.
I'm sure T---- "knows" but I didn't use the "CD" word. It was a great conversation.
Like it has been said here many times before, and I'm begining to find out, some people "KNOW" and just don't care.

JoAnnDallas
02-02-2007, 03:19 PM
Last fall, I could not attend all four days at HEF2006, but I would come over after work for a couple of hours to social in drab until that Saturday when I went en fem all day. I went to the bar to order some drinks for myself and a few of the girls and overheard the lady bartender tell a customer that it did not make any difference to her that their were a whole bunch of CDer in the Hotel. That they just as much right to what they were doing as anyone else. When she came over to take my order, I thanked her on befalf of all the CDer at HEF2006 and how wonderful it was to meet someone that like her. It must have suprised her that I was one, because she blushed a little. I invited her to come over and visit with us. She said mayby later. I said OK and took the drinks to the girls. I found out later that she did go and visit with the girls. I mentioned my conversation that Saturday and one of the girls said she had come by and talked with them and complimented on how well most would not have a problem going out en fem.

susie evans
02-02-2007, 05:47 PM
at my favorite kohls i go to there is a vey nice lady that works there and is very helpfull and she has seen me both ways drab and en femme and allways been very positive and supportive of crossdressers/trans people :hugs:

susie

Jodi
02-02-2007, 06:38 PM
New York & Co and The Limited are vanity sizing. Women who would shop in the stores when I worked there always pointed that out. Our size 8 equaled a size 12 at Talbots.

Jodi

Daphne Renee
02-02-2007, 08:25 PM
There are probably more people than you think that "know and dont care" or if they did know they wouldnt care. I dont know but if I had to guess the larger cities new york , chicago , etc.. would have more people who would fit into that category..