PDA

View Full Version : So What Kind Of Shopper Are You??

Karren H
02-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Well you know me .... for sure..... when it comes to shopping, I'm all female.... even my wife says that I'm too slow and take too long!! I think she's more male than I am!!! hehehe

So what kind of shopper are you and are you different depending on how your dressed and what you buy??

Ohhh. and I'm not really buying jeans!!!!! Nope, not ever!!! LOL

Love Karren

Daphne Renee
02-02-2007, 08:32 PM
hmm I guess I am more male in that respect.. it depends on what I am doing that day.. also depends on the amount of money I have at the time.. I dont mind shopping if I have the money.. I am not much of a window shopper though.

amanda barber
02-02-2007, 08:34 PM
6 minutes, $33.

caryn m
02-02-2007, 08:39 PM
i like to take my time and look at every item on the clearance rack

SandyR
02-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Male shopper for sure! Get in get out and on my way. 6 min $33........

Love your diagram Karen.......mad me laugh!

Huggs....

SandyR

SandyR
02-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Oh and "yes" buy a pair of pants! "no way!"

SandyR

Erica Leigh
02-02-2007, 08:57 PM
i even do my SO's shopping for her! i love shopping and she knows it, it gets me in alot of trouble.....:rofl:

no really depends on what i am looking for, i fi am looking for guy me then i have to go with guy shopping, but if i go for girl me and have the time, i'll shop until i drop....

Billijo49504
02-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Well Karen, I'd probably go to the GAP to get the pants and look for a top to go with them. Then I'd look for something for the wife. GAP first cuz I said that was what I was after. Then I'd hit the rest of the mall, Lancome Hypnose perfume, for $70.50 at Macy's, and then a few more things to go with the new pants and top. Maybe a new purse or shoes...BJ

Jenna1561
02-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Shop To Live : Live To Shop!

I have always been a female shopper. I love to look and try on. There is no 6-minute shopping trip for me. My wife knows that if I'm running to the store for one thing, I WILL come back with more.

Jenna

Amy Hepker
02-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Ata way Karren

jozee
02-02-2007, 09:15 PM
middle of the road. if im going for a specific itemi go get it, whereas my wife will check every store in town for the best deal. however, if i am just going shoppingi can look and look till the cows come home.

marie354
02-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Blouse $37.
Skirt $43.
Boots $67.
Total look of outfit? Priceless!
:hugs:

Juanita O
02-02-2007, 09:18 PM
the diagram of that mall you showed is like the mall here. My wife and I are in and out of the mall in 8 to 10 minutes. i know what I want go get it get out. BTW I do buy pants or levis.:happy:

Teresa Amina
02-02-2007, 09:20 PM
The Shy and Deceptive shopper. Stopped at Cabelas today. Knew what I was after- a nice ribbed turtleneck I saw in the catalog. Knew where it was, right over there in the womens dept. A 3 minute venture, but as I was in guy disguise the guy credentials had to be reinforced, so over to the gun section. Looking for that musket flint I knew from the last time they didn't stock, talked to two sales guys. Wasn't there (big surprise :D ), commiserated about working retail, "never what people ask for, is there?" Then I went over to what I wanted and took it up to the register, paid and walked out. Damn silly, but it's an ingrained habit. Someday I'll get over it...

Jesse69
02-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I think I will do most of my shopping in drag from now on. So I won't look like some pervert guy in the lingerie section!

Really helps when your shopping for wedding dresses in thrift stores too!

But I already have too much stuff. More clothes than my mom and aunt combined!

susie evans
02-02-2007, 09:43 PM
most definetly female if i go to the mall it's the hole mall and all the girly stores i can find shopping is an adventure you have to look every wear and look for those must have can't live with out items and try them on for that perfect fit you no being an enginer it takes time it's like designing a big mine are a freeway dosent happen quick:D :D

susie

Adrienne Heels
02-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Definitely a female shopper! I always get distracted by everything in the store. And I can't leave a shoe store without trying something!

EricaCD
02-02-2007, 10:04 PM
I am pretty clearly a girl in terms of shopping attitude. That's probably why Helene and I have so much fun shopping together...

Rebecca Petersen
02-02-2007, 10:12 PM
What kind of shopper am I? Well, compulsive is the best description. And very female. All day shopping binges are right up my alley.

viky carr
02-02-2007, 10:14 PM
If i'm going to buy male clothes, it won't take that long, however when I buy female clothes I really take my time selecting my stuff.:hugs:

Bobbi Lynn
02-02-2007, 10:31 PM
OK Karren, Are our "mystery shopper(s)" still in the mall? I didn't notice the part of the diagram of them leaving the mall. Or your CADD program doesn't work that way?

Nataliecan
02-02-2007, 10:36 PM
I will say that if I have to buy something for the man in me...it is usually very quick. When it's Natalie that shop for her...I may say that I completly loose control because....she has the control...if you know what I means.

I always find it very pleasant to shop for my female side...it gives me the taste of life. I'm so happy that I have this female side out of the closet.

Loves you all xxx

Natalie

Karren H
02-02-2007, 11:16 PM
The Shy and Deceptive shopper. Stopped at Cabelas today. Knew what I was after- a nice ribbed turtleneck I saw in the catalog. Knew where it was, right over there in the womens dept. A 3 minute venture, but as I was in guy disguise the guy credentials had to be reinforced, so over to the gun section. Looking for that musket flint I knew from the last time they didn't stock, talked to two sales guys. Wasn't there (big surprise :D ), commiserated about working retail, "never what people ask for, is there?" Then I went over to what I wanted and took it up to the register, paid and walked out. Damn silly, but it's an ingrained habit. Someday I'll get over it...

The one in Dundee??? I love that place... I grew up 8 miles from there....

Karren

MJ
02-03-2007, 12:09 AM
oh my lets see
new dress 350
heels 45
new wig 155
purse 45
makeup for the new look 65
plus more makeup ???
pro photo shoot lots
Total look of outfit? wig and makeup Priceless
i need a real hobby lol , but it will be worth it

Karren H
02-03-2007, 12:37 AM
I went shopping tonight on the way home from work, in a blizard... The wife needed some more grout for the fireplace she's retiling.. So like a good husband I bought her plenty of grout. Then went next door and bought myself two new skirts at Kohls... On clearence for $4.50 each!!!

Now that's love!! :)

Karren

May have to get her some red grout for Valentines day!! Hehe

JeanneF
02-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Totally female shopper. I can spend an entire day at the mall without thinking twice.

When I try the "male" shopping technique, I fail miserably. Always have. A couple of weeks ago, I decided I wanted a black and white striped tunic sweater. So I went to the mall. Couldn't find one. Last weekend, went to the mall just to shop, no real agenda. After browsing through a bunch of stores, I find the sweater.

My shopping technique is pretty much "wander around and see what I fall in love with and can't live without". I use this technique for both boy and girl clothes. Problem is, I seem to find a lot of stuff I can't live without. :)

Barb Valentine
02-03-2007, 01:31 AM
If i'm going to buy male clothes, it won't take that long, however when I buy female clothes I really take my time selecting my stuff.:hugs:

I would agree with Viky Carr
Before I joined here it was male all the way
Just in and out
But now I take my time looking
For some I like and that will fit

tommi
02-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Totally Female when I'm alone.

Suzie S.
02-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Karen, that diagram is so funny! That describes my wife to a T! As for me, definitely guy mode. Get it, get out, get home. I hate crowds, parking lots and traffic. Patience is not one of my strong points, LOL! :D I will usually shop online for a few things for Suzie!

Teresa Amina
02-03-2007, 08:30 AM
The one in Dundee??? I love that place... I grew up 8 miles from there....

Karren

Yes! Quite the tourist stop now, unlike the Olden Days when we were kids and there was nothing there.

Raychel
02-03-2007, 08:39 AM
I am most guy on this one. Just in, get what I need and Out. But it seems as though whatever I am going in for you have to walk thru the ladies department to get there. :p :p

Wendy me
02-03-2007, 09:22 AM
i have been known to do a little shopping ... if you do it right it's like a sport ...

Karren H
02-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Yes! Quite the tourist stop now, unlike the Olden Days when we were kids and there was nothing there.

I used to go to Dundee for two things...... To get tires from the Boron station, I was a mechanic in HS and we had a tire exchange thingy with surounding ststaion, and it was on the way to Toledo.... Take the GF to the movies on Reyenolds road, and shop at the mall...(Shopping not new to me!!). Lol

Otherwise the only thing to do was cultivate the fields and watch the river rise!! Hehe

Love Karren

Ashley1
02-03-2007, 10:28 AM
When I shop for something specific like a new dress that I have seen in an advertisement, I am like a freight train on a mission in male mode all of the way; however, when I'm at the mall with plenty of time and a few bucks to spare, I have mellowed somewhat and will go out of my way to look at all of the tops, skirts, dresses and even shoes to pick out a couple of things that look nice to me.

marie354
02-03-2007, 10:49 AM
I don't buy guy stuff anymore, but havn't been shopping in a dress. I have work fem. jeans and top though. It's hard to get me out of the ladies dept. anymore. My SO has to remind me about getting oil, washer fluid, or whatever for the car to get me out.
There is just so much I want to check out and so little time anymore. (*sigh*)

Di
02-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I went shopping tonight on the way home from work, in a blizard... The wife needed some more grout for the fireplace she's retiling.. So like a good husband I bought her plenty of grout. Then went next door and bought myself two new skirts at Kohls... On clearence for $4.50 each!!!

Now that's love!! :)

Karren

May have to get her some red grout for Valentines day!! Hehe

Your question..if I'm in a hurry I can go right to the item i'm needing...do not pass go............but if i'm shopping normally.....I look at everything....really find cool stuff that way.

But what I really want to know....details on the two skirts you bought...spill it :p

ArleneRaquel
02-03-2007, 01:26 PM
I am also temped very easily so I have to "hide " my VS and Frederick's catalogues soon after they arrive. Early this morning I looked at the Secrets in Lace Website--- way too tempting - very sexy garments. :love: & :hugs: Trina - No Will Power Babe

melissacd
02-03-2007, 01:29 PM
interesting...female shopper never actually made it to the gap...curious...

sissystephanie
02-03-2007, 01:34 PM
i like to take my time and look at every item on the clearance rack

I am like Caryn M, female looking at the clearance rack always. Even when shopping (rarely!) for male clothing I spend some time looking for the bargains.

Karren, your diagram is stupendous. Of course, it could only have been done by an engineer who knew a lot about female shopping (YOU!!!)!

Sissy

More Girl than man

ArleneRaquel
02-03-2007, 03:54 PM
The Newport News latest catologue has just arrived, I had better throw it away or it will be " there goes the Bank Account ". :love: & :hugs: Trina - Who is Spending Too Much - But to Look Beautiful It's Worth It !

Trinni
02-03-2007, 03:57 PM
If it is something I really like, like clothes (mens or womens) I shop more like a woman and take my time.

Karren H
02-04-2007, 09:16 AM
I hardly ever shop for male clothing .... uness my wife forces me to!!! Last time was in the fall. Spent $350, two male sports coats, slacks for work..... and I still took ages trying everything on, looking in the mirror. my wife was getting impatient.. lol

Love Karren

laura47
02-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Great bargain on the skirts. I shop 99% online … no line and I always pass (I think)

Rita Knight
02-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I am as big a shopoholic as anyone on this forum. However, I hate shopping in big malls. The larger size women's clothes in Macy's, Lord & Taylor and Catherine's are too frumpy for my taste, not to mention expensive. Kohl's, Sears, Target and KMart do not interest me at all in the women's department. About the only store that I shop in regularly is Avenue. When I shop in a store, I like to "hit and run" guy style. I do most of my shopping online or through catalogs. The one specialty store I like shopping is is the Berkshire Hosiery Outlet in Wayne, NJ.

Sierra Evon
02-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Tactical to practical :heehee:

linnea
02-04-2007, 04:00 PM
When I'm out en femme, I'm definitely a female shopper. I browse, I wander, I touch and smell and look and look and look. When I can, I try on clothes, outfits, tops, sweaters, skirts, dresses, whatever I can. I cover a lot of ground in my meandering way and I don't mind going over the same places more than once on the same trip. And, of course, I often buy. Your diagram, Karren, shows exactly the contrast between me in guy mode and Linnea. Linnea shops in marathon fashion and when I've got it to spend, I spend--AND I LOVE IT!!!

Glenda58
02-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Always shop female take my time try things on. Been known to shop for more than 8 hours and only come home with 1 skirt. As far as men's cloths I can't find where the dept. is at do they still sale men's cloths. Haven't bought any men's things in years. Find the same thing in the women's dept. and sometimes for less.

Penny
02-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Karren, I think I'll "skirt" this issue!:heehee:

Karren H
02-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Karren, I think I'll "skirt" this issue!:heehee:

Bet your a lot like this shopper, Penny?? hehe

Love Karren

lisajane
02-04-2007, 05:59 PM
In drab i spend more time parking my car than browsing, put me in girl mode and i will buy the store LOL!!:heehee: Lisa

michellebesweet
02-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Karen, your a funny girl, I love the graphic. It's so real, Loved It!!!!

Staci
02-04-2007, 10:11 PM
When I am looking for something as a male it does not take long. When I can shop for Staci I can stay out for a few hours. There are so many more pretty things to look at that is just takes more time. ------ and money.