PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mens clothes do you like?

Jesse69
02-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Well, I'm just curious what FTM's like in terms of men's clothes. As a real guy, I think nothing special about my mens clothes, but I do appreciate a cool T Shirt and Vans shoes to make me look cool. I find nothing special about boxers, I just settle for Fruit of the Loom plain underwear. But I'm a MTF crossdressor and actually love womens skirt suits, dresses, lingerie, skirts, school girls wear, and cheerleader clothes! I have over 70 skirt suits but I don't have a man's suit that I can be proud of!

It's funny, I'd rather be a beautiful woman and you'd rather be a handsome guy!

Well, what do you have in your collection? To me, mens clothes can be boring. Do you find mens clothes exciting?

ZenFrost
02-02-2007, 10:33 PM
In my collection I have pants and shirts, and a tie. And a few dresses just in case.

I don't find men's clothing exciting per se, I just find them to be comfortable and natural while women's clothing is uncomfortable and unnatural for me to wear. When I get dressed, there isn't any kind of a rush where it's like "Oh! How exciting that I'm wearing men's clothing!" It's a natural thing for me to go as a guy and since I do so every day, I don't feel any thrills of excitement because it's just the norm for me.

Abraxas
02-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, like Zen, I've been doing it for so long that it no longer holds any special excitement (well, unless I get all dressed up in a suit or something formal).
My standard, every-day clothing is usually a pair of darkish jeans, a dress shirt, and a blazer (usually charcoal with pinstripes, or my tan corderouy one), with my favourite brown boots (and matching belt, of course), and a black cane. :D
Sometimes I'll go more casual and just wear jeans and a t-shirt with or without the blazer. Occasionally a jumper or turtleneck...
And sometimes if I'm feeling weirdish I'll wear baggy jeans with a t-shirt or sometimes a hoodie (although I'm not big on sweatshirts).
I almost always wear boots. My brown harness ones, or Doc Martens, sometimes my big clunky 4-buckle biker boots. Even in the summer, although occasionally I'll wear my Converse (which I have like 6 or 7 pairs of, haha).
I've only got two suits, and neither of them are really formal. They're cheapish polyester ones; one's black with white pinstripes, and the other is electric blue. Actually, though, they're not that cheap: $400 each. Once I save up a bit of money I'm going to get a nicer, more standard business suit, probably either black or grey.

ZenFrost
02-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Ah yes, I forgot to mention the one thing that I never wear. Jeans. I don't know why buy I've never found them to be comfortable. I actually prefer to wear pajama bottoms as pants (now that's casual!) instead of just about anything else. But for more formal occations I have nice dress shirts and pants to wear and those are pretty comfortable too.

bi_weird
02-03-2007, 02:26 AM
TIES! I loooove ties like you wouldn't believe. Got complemented tonight (by a wonderful attactive girl who I'm clueless as to how to flirt with) that I tie a good knot.
Mostly it's things that even athletic girls don't wear that I like best. In high school sports we all wore sweatshirts and tshirts and baggy pants, so those have ended up unisex. Then there were the baggy pants with pockets that girls wore also. It's (unfitted) button-up shirts, ties, and suits that I like best. I have a couple of button up shirts and ties. I dream longingly of having enough money to go buy a suit. Don't have any actual guy pants right now, but three pairs of guy-cut girl pants which I wear all the time. It's a nice compromise between those who want me to look girly and what I actually like wearing.

Joy Carter
02-03-2007, 02:33 AM
In my collection I have pants and shirts, and a tie. And a few dresses just in case.

I don't find men's clothing exciting per se, I just find them to be comfortable and natural while women's clothing is uncomfortable and unnatural for me to wear. When I get dressed, there isn't any kind of a rush where it's like "Oh! How exciting that I'm wearing men's clothing!" It's a natural thing for me to go as a guy and since I do so every day, I don't feel any thrills of excitement because it's just the norm for me.

Sorry for butting in but I totaly agree with you ZenFrost, except for the gender mode.
This is how I am when dress as a gurl. No excitement just feeling natural.

Abraxas
02-03-2007, 03:47 AM
Ah yes, I forgot to mention the one thing that I never wear. Jeans. I don't know why buy I've never found them to be comfortable.

I'm not comfortable unless I'm uncomfortable. I don't like to lounge around in pyjamas and sweatshirts. I'd much rather hang out in tightish jeans and a jacket. And I almost never take off my shoes. Bizarre personality quirk? Haha!
Only time I ever wear 'comfy' stuff is when I work out. Then it's gym shorts, a t-shirt, and low-top Chuck Taylors.

John
02-03-2007, 05:05 AM
I like geans and shirts of the casual type or just T-shirts (I'm a student, I can get away with that). I don't get a buz from dresing anymore (though first time I got underpants...), but It's... satisfying.

And I almost never take off my shoes. Bizarre personality quirk?

I'm the compleat opersite. If I could go forever without being forced to where shoes, I'd be verry happy (I think my record is about a weak. -I was camping- )

And Jesse? You may love womens clothing, but come and see what passes for womens fasion in england and the moment and you may just chainge your mind :eek: It's horifick.

Felix
02-03-2007, 05:10 AM
What do I like?

1. Jeans love em :thumbsup:

2. Shirts :thumbsup:

3. Tee shirts (usual problem don't feel right cos of my b****) very frustrating :mad:

4. Boxers for bed and loose tee shirt.

5. when I look at the guys in work I like the smart but casual look ya know shirt crew neck jumper trousers, but always think I couldn't get away with that cos of the children :mad:

6. I like different things too my fav top is a black hoodie, the one in my avatar its got a big red circle with a black pentagram on it.

7. I like mens trousers smart ones have a nice black pair.

8. I love skater trainers my Him ones are my fav :thumbsup:

9. Docs I wear for best love em too :thumbsup:

10 I like sports gear but the label that is attached here I don't like so tend to only wear it for school when doing sports.

The clothes don't excite me they make me feel confident and good about myself.

xx Felix :hugs:

CaptLex
02-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Hi, Jesse, and welcome to the other side of the fence.

What I wear depends on the occasion. For casual, weekend stuff I usually wear jeans and sneakers, or shorts and sandals in the summer (and the type of shirt usually depends on the weather). For work I wear a buttoned shirt or polo shirt with plain pants and a belt. Sometimes I wear a blazer and sometimes I even throw on a tie, depending on my mood.

I was finally able to get my first man's suit in December (charcoal pinstripe and very soft material :D). Love it! Until now I've had to throw together separate pants and blazers to make it look like a suit (apparently I fooled a few people 'cause they didn't realize I didn't own a suit).

Overall, like most of the guys, I don't get a thrill from the clothes, but I like them. If I couldn't wear what I want and was forced to wear women's clothes I would probably be in the loony bin right how - it goes beyond uncomfortable for me, I get anxiety attacks. Like Bi (and a lot of transguys I know), I do LOVE ties! Can't get enough of them. I guess they're the ultimate male symbol, and I've loved them since I was a kid.

BTW, Jesse, I AM a real guy - I just don't look like one. :p

pocoyo
02-03-2007, 10:55 AM
BTW, Jesse, I AM a real guy - I just don't look like one. :p
...completely....yet!

Mind you, you look like one already if you ask me, and yes you are a real man :D (raar)!

pocoyo
02-03-2007, 11:53 AM
What clothes do I like?

Whell....

I like jeans or cords with a bootleg cut.
Also like skater pants.
I like t shirts, esp. fairly tight ones.
Cosy sweaters.
Scruffy sneakers. Skater trainers
Hooded jumpers.
Comfy boxers.
Shirts. Esp with subtle vertical stripes.
Quite a fan of pinstriped stuff.
Like having a "man bag" slung across my chest.

And a whole bunch more that I don't have time to think about or add now but if I think of will add later! :)

Dasein9
02-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Jeans. Chinos. Blazers. Ties. Button shirts. Tshirts. Undershirts. Turtlenecks. Boots. Docs. Very old wool coats. One's a German hunting jacket that's generations older than I. Threadbare, but should see me through this lifetime, with regular visits to the tailor. Another's a WWII overcoat from Europe. I'm wondering whether it's Belgian or Welsh. I have a cape. But it's a manly cape. Caps. I like caps. I even have a real traditional English schoolboy cap in red and black wool.

I do get excited about my clothes. Especially new ones. Just got a sportjacket from Benetton, half price! :D Two days a week, I still have to dress sort of girlish. (Not that it's been all that feminine lately.) That's becoming a self-respect issue for me, and it's a relief to dress in my real clothes on other days.

bi_weird
02-03-2007, 02:26 PM
If I could go forever without being forced to where shoes, I'd be verry happy
Joshua, I totally agree. I'm the sort to wear sandals until the snow is deeper than a half inch and starts getting in them, 'cause I can slip off sandals as soon as I get inside. 'tis nice, 'cause my feet are almost not ticklish at all their so calloused.

Evert
02-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Let me think... I like army pants and shirts with text print (Band names or silly phrases, wearing 'I like skool, zpecialy wan its klosed' right now).

I really like to wear a suit, but suits look terrible on me.. :lol:

CaptLex
02-04-2007, 12:28 AM
I really like to wear a suit, but suits look terrible on me.. :lol:

But you look nice in other stuff. In fact, I can picture you in a smart tux. :D

xmyheart
02-04-2007, 02:37 AM
Hm, usually I wear jeans and a button up. At the moment, my style is preppy? I wear Abercrombie&Fitch, vintage pants, striped button ups, shelled necklaces etc. But I really like business casual. Ex, Banana Republic. I only find it exciting when I get to wear suits or really dress up, but other than that, not that much excitement goes on haha.

Taylor105
02-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Hmm...I come off looking like a kid which is something I want to get away from but don't know how to and still pass.

I mostly pass when I wear Jnco or Ecko skater pants with hoodies or a long sleeved thermal underwear shirt with a polo pulled over. I love big and baggy. I wear unfitted button up collared shirts sometimes as an over shirt unbuttoned with a t-shirt underneath and sometimes I wear it tucked into a pair of khakis. I love Doc Martens. I also wear Chuck Taylor's too. It sounds like a lot of us guys have a lot of shoes in common. In headwear I love fitted team sports hats and also beanies. I have a HUGE hat collection. :) Abraxus, I pretty much wear shoes from the time I get showered and dressed until I go to bed too. So if you are weird so am I. :)

Abraxas
02-04-2007, 07:31 PM
lol we're all weirdos anyway. Normal people are SO boring! Haha!
But yeah, I mostly do it cos 1. my feet are always cold and 2. my feet are also weird and I hate them.
That, and my shoes just rock so much that I love wearing them. Teehee!

Evert
02-05-2007, 06:09 AM
But you look nice in other stuff. In fact, I can picture you in a smart tux. :D

Mhh worth trying! :lol:

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 06:16 AM
I can picture you in....

... no, that's it.....
...I can picture you

(in your birthday suit).

Muahahahaha :devil:
*runs*

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Haha!

I had a thought... a bad one... and I'm not going to tell. :tongueout

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 06:25 AM
Whaat? You can't say something like that and not share what you're on about!

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 06:33 AM
Fine.
It was incredibly juvenile. Just a random response my brain threw out (like saying 'yo mama' or 'that's what SHE said!'), which, after I thought about it for a second, turned out to be incredibly filthy.
I thought, 'I can picture you in my birthday suit.'

:heehee:

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 06:35 AM
HAAAAA! (Actually made that noise out loud).
I love it :lol2:
That is sheer ... brilliance.
Ahh I do like a bit of rudeness of a morning :D

Evert
02-05-2007, 06:36 AM
I can picture you in....

... no, that's it.....
...I can picture you

(in your birthday suit).

Muahahahaha :devil:
*runs*

*runs after Poco and tries to hit him friendly on the head*
You little.... :devil:

Fine.
It was incredibly juvenile. Just a random response my brain threw out (like saying 'yo mama' or 'that's what SHE said!'), which, after I thought about it for a second, turned out to be incredibly filthy.
I thought, 'I can picture you in my birthday suit.'

I totally got confused. How would THAT look like? Poco in Abrax' skin? :confused:

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 06:39 AM
*runs after Poco and tries to hit him friendly on the head*
You little.... :devil:
Muahaa! Can't catch meehee :tongueout

I totally got confused. How would THAT look like? Poco in Abrax' skin? :confused:

HAHA Eehheeewww!!!! Don't be so gruesome!! :lol2:
I believe he was referring to ... parts of someone in parts of naked someone.
Ahem. Yes well... mumble mumble...

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Hey I told you you didn't want to know!

I didn't mean to think it, I just did! lol
That's what she said...

*sigh* the things my brain does when I'm not paying attention...

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Lol I DID want to know!
(You meant it in the way I thought yeah?)

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Hahaha!

Yeah, I did mean it the way you thought.

I'm such a dirty b*stard... lol!

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Ooh stop it, you're making me horny ;)

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 06:57 AM
:lol2:
Welcome to my world!

I'm always horny.

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:00 AM
*images of "getting into Abraxas' birthday suit"...!*
Whhhuu sorry! *shakes head and cheeks like a cartoon character*
mmmmm....
I'm sorry! Don't be disturbed.

Besides.. you started it :p

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Woah-ho!

Pocs is gettin' freaky! :eek:

Mister, I do believe your'e flirting with me!

... not that I mind...

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:05 AM
It was the whole

'I can picture you in my birthday suit.'
that did it ...... :D

I know you didn't mean me personally but... well, I liked the line hahaha!
Obviously some cheeky chat up lines work :roflmao:

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:12 AM
How did you know I didn't mean you? :raisedeyebrow:
lol

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:27 AM
*raises eyebrows*
well... I didn't... I just....

Stop teasing :p
*waggles the raised eyebrows* hehe

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:30 AM
But... I like teasing! It's my third-favourite thing to do, behind playing piano and making out. :D
Now, if I could do all three at the same time, I'd be in business!

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:32 AM
I've got a keyboard/electric piano..... ;) come on over and u can do all 3!

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:36 AM
Atchahaaa

Wellll, then! There's reason number 5 I need to get my arse to England immediately!

(hang on a minute while I come up with the other four) :heehee:

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Oh... well... if "being skillfully & manfully loved by pocoyo"
is only number FIVE... forget it....

HAHAHA :lol: :lol2:

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:42 AM
What can I say, I didn't want to sound too desperate! lol
Okay, I'll bump it up to number two (I've been wanting to learn to ride a motorbike since I was like 3; that has to stay at number one).

Kieron Andrew
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Oh well... if "being skillfully & manfully loved by pocoyo"
is only number FIVE... forget it....

HAHAHA :lol: :lol2:
OOOH!!! Meow! Poc wants to be Number one on Abraxas' list........

Poc and Abraxas sitting in a tree......

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Hooray for motorbikes :D I ride (well used to)... but only off road 'cos my mummy won't let me on the road (HAHA mummy's boy).

Hehee I was only kidding!
I would be flattered to be anywhere on a list right up to number 100!

_ _ _ k i n g .....

....could be any number of things :heehee:

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Kieron, you little minx... you're just jealous! :tongueout

Ahhhh I SO want to ride!!! As it happens, my ex has a bike s/he's willing to sell me for $500, plus it needs another couple hundred in repairs... Hmmm. There's really nowhere to ride offroad around here, to learn. Too many kids, cats, dogs, and really fast-moving cars in my neighbourhood. I do know the basic mechanics of it though so that's a start...

Are we playing hangman now? Do I get to guess a letter? :heehee:

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 08:01 AM
Ahhhh I SO want to ride!!!
Well, hop on honey.... OH,... oh.. sorry, you meant the bike... uuuhh, I knew that :o

As it happens, my ex has a bike s/he's willing to sell me for $500, plus it needs another couple hundred in repairs... Hmmm. There's really nowhere to ride offroad around here, to learn. Too many kids, cats, dogs, and really fast-moving cars in my neighbourhood. I do know the basic mechanics of it though so that's a start... Bugger.
Mine were trials bikes so it was fun riding them across fields and stuff :D
Hmmm 500 plus couple hundred in repairs.... :thinking:...

Are we playing hangman now? Do I get to guess a letter? :heehee:
Errm... better not ;)

Evert
02-05-2007, 08:02 AM
I think you may guess every letter Abraxas.. except F's, U's and C's.. :heehee:

And I want a bike too!
This one! (http://www.bikez.com/pictures/honda/1995/816_0_1_2_vt%201100%20ace%20shadow_Image%20credits %20-%20michael%20meek.jpg)

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Well, hop on honey.... OH,... oh.. sorry, you meant the bike... uuuhh, I knew that :o

I enjoy a good double entendre... ;)
Motorbikes are full of 'em... b*tch seat, sissy bar... lol!

Bugger.
Mine were trials bikes so it was fun riding them across fields and stuff :D
Hmmm 500 plus couple hundred in repairs.... :thinking:...

Eh, it's not too bad I don't think... Although it is an old bike and hasn't been ridden in aaaaaages. Some sort of Honda.

Errm... better not ;)

Mhm, just what I thought!

Evert: That's awesome! What kind of bike is it? I WILL eventually own a Triumph... Either a Bonnie, a Scrambler... or perhaps a Daytona 955i, if I'm feeling sporty and dangerous. :devil:

Evert
02-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Evert: That's awesome! What kind of bike is it? I WILL eventually own a Triumph... Either a Bonnie, a Scrambler... or perhaps a Daytona 955i, if I'm feeling sporty and dangerous. :devil:

It's a Honda shadow 1100 VT ace.

And Triumphs are sooo cool!

I also like the Goldwing. Too many cases and waaay to big :heehee:

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 08:14 AM
:eek: E-VERT! I blatantly meant "smoking!" :angel:

Ab - ahhh you can't beat a good double entendre :D

Mmmm a lovely Triumph purred past yesterday....
I'm a bit of a Harley man myself though.

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Niiiice. There are tons of Shadows around here but I've never seen one quite like that. I thought about getting one of those, too... Or a Rebel, cos they're tiny and rather nice-looking. And I've only seen one. I don't want the same bike as everyone else. Of course, most folks round here have either Suzukis, Yamahas, or Harleys. Oh, and Kawi's, of course.

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 08:20 AM
:eek: E-VERT! I blatantly meant "smoking!" :angel:
Ab - ahhh you can't beat a good double entendre :D

Pshhhh, smoking. Suuuuuuuure. That's my fourth favourite thing to do, as it happens... Bad habit, sure, but... eh.

Mmmm a lovely Triumph purred past yesterday....
I'm a bit of a Harley man myself though.
Triumph... Did you check to see whether Hugh Laurie was on it? :D Eh, he's probably in LA now anyway... It is my mission in life to meet him and... Yes. Something about seeing me in his birthday suit... Or the other way round. Either way.

Taylor105
02-05-2007, 01:38 PM
I feel like an idiot pulling this thread back to the topic of clothing. lol I do happen to love motercycles too but I am more of a Harley Softtail man myself. Anyway, Benny....I also have weird feet. I had a toe amputed late last year and believe me I am always terrified of the dogs stepping on my foot sending me into excrutiating pain or something. I have worn shoes my whole life for that reason even before the surgeries because both feet have birth defects. So I feel naked not wearing shoes now. lol Even in taekwondo I wore mat shoes. Everyone else was barefoot but not me.

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Haha, no problem Taylor.
That sucks about your feet. Ugh! Why can't we all just be pain-free?

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Lol... I'm the idiot for pulling it off the topic of clothing... if you'll excuse the expression.
Oh dear, I'm doing it again... DOWN BOY... *whip crack*.....

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:46 PM
No, I think that was me, actually...

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:48 PM
No it was me with the Evert birthday suit comment.
Don't worry... you're not the stupid one! If there's any idioting around here to be done, I'll be doing it :heehee:
Pocoyo the dim!! :D

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Why can't you just let me take the blame? *fake-cries*
Oh, can't we both do the idioting? :heehee:

pocoyo
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Abraxas.... we're doing it again HAHAHA

Oh yes well it was you too... we're both as idiotic and perverted as each other. There :D

Mmmm .... idiotic perverts :lol2:
E-HEM... I mean...

I love my new shirt I got from a charity shop the other day, it had never been worn and was brand new. Love it.

Abraxas
02-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Haha! Perfect. If we ever do end up in the same room as each other, anyone else there will get rather freaked out, haha!

*ahem*
Yes. I'm, erm... wearing my favourite brown boots today. Again. And nothing else! *slaps self* No, BAD Benny! I'm amending that statement:

*Television announcer voice*
Today, Abraxas is wearing a lovely ensemble, complete with Wrangler jeans, a white turtleneck, and a charcoal blazer. The brown boots set off the grey of the jacket rather nicely. And there he goes, up the catwalk, posing provocatively and then twirling around his cane. A lovely sight indeed.
*End Television announcer voice*

Right. I'm ready to be fitted for my straightjacket now.

CaptLex
02-05-2007, 10:44 PM
My new custom-made shirt arrived today. A bit pricey, but it was worth it 'cause the sleeves are the perfect length and I don't have to roll them up. And it has french cuffs, so I can use my new cuff links - yay! :D

pocoyo
02-06-2007, 05:49 AM
:roflmao: :lol2:
Aaahahaha Abraxas, ahaha! Oh dear lol!
You rule.
Yeah anyone who is in the same room as us is in for trouble muahaha.

Today pocs is sporting a rather fetching purple robe/dressing gown that he got for christmas :D
Oh and grey pyjama pants.

Hey Capt... that sounds really nice!
Ahhnd will you be taking photos of your handsome self in this shirt to show us?.....:D *looks hopeful*

Abraxas
02-06-2007, 06:50 AM
And I quit doing standup comedy because.....? lol I'm only funny on paper. :heehee:
Ooh! Purkle! Me likey purkle! My dressing gown is falling to pieces. It's a Taiwanese silk thing, red, black, and silver, with dragons. I'd like a nice comfy warm one though.

I agree, Capt, we deffo need some pictures. I love French Cuffs :D

CaptLex
02-07-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey Capt... that sounds really nice! Ahhnd will you be taking photos of your handsome self in this shirt to show us?.....:D *looks hopeful*
Ack! :hiding:

Abraxas
02-07-2007, 02:19 AM
Well... You could at least take pictures of the shirt to show us... ?

CaptLex
02-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Well... You could at least take pictures of the shirt to show us... ?
Well, Abraxas, I can't argue with that Vulcan-like logic. Here's the shirt:

And since I promised to show my new facial hair (that I hope will develop into a goatee someday soon) - here's a couple of chin shots too:

41033 41034

pocoyo
02-07-2007, 09:05 PM
AWWESOME!!!
Now that's a man if ever I saw one.
Oh that is SO cool Cap!!!
You rock... I'm so jealous of your beard *grin grin grin*

Your face has a maleness to it aside from that also...

And that shirt is sexy.

Awww you've really cheered me up.. that's made my night that has!
I'm soo glad you have an awesome beard :D :D :D
Love the stubbly roughness at the side of your face too. I'd love to have that!

You're so cool! :cool:

You DEFINITELY have to go to work with that beard!
How could anyone call you female looking like that... muahahaha

In your time away from work you may have "developed" more than you realise and they'll all be in for a (lovely) shock when you return.

Abraxas
02-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Very cool, Cap! :D :thumbsup:

Kieron Andrew
02-08-2007, 04:17 AM
Whoa! that is some facial hair!!! keep it coming hehe.....if you get called madam/miss/ma'am from now on i give you permission to become violent on my behalf lol

surely by now we should be able to have a full head shot as you have the facial hair ;)

CaptLex
02-08-2007, 11:32 AM
surely by now we should be able to have a full head shot as you have the facial hair ;)
Always asking for more, aren't you? Actually, I took a full head shot but my eyes looked too goofy. :silly:

My doc's receptionist called me "ma'am" when I went to see him this week, but then she didn't even look up at me when she said it. And nobody else did it that day - maybe it's working.

EricaCD
02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Well it has been forever since I posted here...where to start?

Oh yes. Most important things first: Cap, very impressed with both the facial hair and the shirt! Doesn't matter, based on the photo, what your eyes look like - I can pretty readily tell you appear the proper gent. Moreover, you have hit upon a basic reality of men's clothes...nothing works so well as a shirt made to your measurements. Personally I swear by Brooks Bros. custom shirts and suitings. Not quite as elegant as the top of the line, but god are they durable! They'll do until I can afford the $4,500 that true bespoke suits run these days :)

I'll probably get kicked out of the MtF club for saying this, but I definitely appreciate decent male attire as well. (I wear it less often than I should, but that's sheer laziness.) Nothing makes you conscious of the great aspects of being a guy as a sharp suit, or a killer shirt/sportcoat matchup, or a tie that matches your eyes. (Don't even get me started on tuxedos!) I'll be the first to admit that the crimes of my genetic gender in dressing like a collective pack of hobos are nearly as damning as the collective failure of women to wear pretty skirts, dresses and shoes. And what we do in terms of shoes...well, it makes one weep for the future of the human race.

CaptLex, don't hesitate to drop a line if you want help shopping for cufflinks. Been wearing them since 1994. Looks like you picked a nice color shirt there! Enjoy it.

Erica

CaptLex
02-09-2007, 12:44 AM
Wow, Erica, you really do know how to appreciate menswear - just the right person to go shopping with. I agree that guys can look as sharp as the ladies - and should look their best always. Don't worry, if they kick you out of the MtF section, you'll still be welcome here (and we have cookies!). Thanks for your kind words. :kiss:

Ryan
02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Ohhh Vans trainers...I have loads of pairs, and Vans tees etc :) I usually wear skate pants to, coz they are baggy and hide my horrid shape, also coz I just love them. I like Animal stuff aswel, I have loads of animal tees, not so many Animal bottoms though as I am too fat now and they only go up to a size 38 inch waist here in the UK :(

But I also like shirt n ties, I have been wearing them alot lately, they make me feel good about myself, more manly too :) I like hoody tops too, and a good beanie hat to set me off. Though I find I look like a thug or a young teenager, lol.