PDA

View Full Version : Santa Barbara Calif

TxKimberly
02-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Girls,

I am actually FROM southern California but left it 20 years ago when I was still young (sigh . . .) and way back in the closet. So anyway, I am headed to Santa Barbara Calif for work on 15 and 16 Feb (Thur and Fri) and wondered if anyone has suggestions?

Thanks!
Kim (On the road again!)

finacarina
02-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Yes Kimberly---you need to come to LA. There isnt anything for us in Santa Barbara, although I would go to the beach and shop there en femme without worries.

DeeInGeorgia
02-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Anything further up the coast? Like Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Morro Bay?

Thanks,

Dee

marie354
02-03-2007, 09:55 PM
I havn't been out that way since '70-71, but smog was a real issue in downtown L.A. How about near the beach. I really liked Santa Monica. The people I met there were very open and friendly.
I'm not sure how it is now, but I'm sure the shopping would still be good there.
Oh... And probably no where near the amount of smog of downtown. My eyes constantly watered when I was downtown working for a cosmetics company. (Bummer... Always ruined my makeup.)
:hugs:

susie evans
02-04-2007, 01:53 AM
don't no about santa barbra but L A has a lot to see/offer :hugs:

susie

Holly
02-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi Kim... Santa Barbara is a beautiful place. It's where my wife and I spent our Honeymoon. There are missions and museums, lots of shopping, plenty of things to do. I hope you have a grand time. I would have loved to meet up with you but my wife and I are going out of town... it's the start of a four day weekend for us. Please let us know how things go.