PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else with accepting SO's feel uncomfortable dressing for them

bredalee25
02-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Sometimes i feel uncomfortable dressing in front of my GF. I was wondering if anyone else has this same feeling when dressing for their SO's. This is a new feeling for me as I've only just began to dress for her a week ago this past thursday. Hopefully this feeling will pass but i'm looking for advice on what to do if it doesn't.

ttfn
:love:
I Love You Lovebug

Jodie_Lynn
02-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Yes, I do feel uncomfortable dressing in front of my wife.

She is not totally comfortable with my dressing either, but I think she knows that it is something I have to do.

sami1952
02-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I 'm still can't dress in front of my SO,I guess my still bashful but once I 'm dressed I'm ok.

Raychel
02-04-2007, 06:29 PM
I am still bashful being around my wife while in my women's undies. She continues to tell me that she is fine with it. She has no desire to see me fully dressed, But has no problems with my underwear. I guess I still try to keep it out of her sight so she doesn't get overwelmed with the fact. And maybe hoping someday that she will accept more if I don't push to hard.

nancy58
02-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Definitely. My wife isn't very keen on my dressing, but she knows it's something I do. But I'm very self-conscious about being "caught", whether it's with clothes on, shaving something besides my face, or even having one of my femme things found in the laundry.

Nancy

Crissy Kay
02-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Yes, I still feel a little stange, while dressed up in frount of my wife. I have always been more relaxed with other cds. Although I have only dressed a couple times so far, with other cds.

Kimberly
02-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Only the first time, I dressed for a girlfriend... it went really well - but I was nervous the first time.

I can say that I do feel slightly strange in front of my flatmates - but they're not bothered, so I think I become more relaxed with it. xx

Sherlyn
02-04-2007, 07:15 PM
I fight Di for the mirror ...:) thats a no for me

Paula G
02-04-2007, 07:27 PM
My wife says that I can dress any time in front of her, but there are times when I just don't feel comfortable doing that and will just stay upstairs when I'm dressed. At those times, it's more of a personal thing for me and I just don't feel like sharing it at that time.

Mica
02-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Sometimes I like dressing for and with my wife (we sometimes have lesbian sex while we are both dressed ****ty) Sometimes I like to do it alone and enjoy the calm relaxed I get when I dress and on those occasions I do feel uncomfortable as it is hard to explain those feelings to her.

suchacutie
02-04-2007, 07:56 PM
I've come to understand that when Tina is coming to visit my wife (her gf) that to see me in the process of changing to Tina invades the separation between those two parts of me. Heck, I don't want to see me dressing :). Once dressed enough to be Tina, then I'm fine with it. There have been all manner of threads here talking about "when" or "how" or "what piece of clothing" completes the transition. I'm not sure I have those questions pinned down, but once the transition has occurred, even if not fully dressed, then I invite her in with open arms.

tina

MarinaTwelve200
02-04-2007, 08:20 PM
I havent told MY SO yet, but I am sure she would be accepting----But still, I couldnt imaging dressing in front of her as my CD, to me, is one of those things I do in private. It would be like doing a private function--Like "pleasuring myself" in front of her----Very poor taste indeed, and totally inapproprate.

I naturally put my CDing in that same category. Something PRIVATE I do. (we all have stuff we do in private)

And no, I DONT CD in public either. I wouldnt call this as "being in the closet" as a "closet CDer" usually is AFRAID to go out. I call myself a PRIVATE CDer as I feel it a Private thing I do and is inapproprate to do in public or even in front of a SO.

Billijo49504
02-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Concidering that she un twisted my bra strap, this morning, I guess the answer here is NO!...BJ

Sweet Jane
02-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Hi

it's been me for so long, I think that I would be soooooooo embarrassed being dressed in front of my wife...I think this is more the reason I am terrified to tell her all....I am scared that she would want to see me dressed up...and right now, I don't want to.

marie354
02-05-2007, 12:56 AM
After my SO allowed me to dress openly in what ever when ever... I did feel a bit odd at first if she looked over at me when I was dressing or undressing.
After doing this for a couple of months now, (almost 24/7), it does not bother me at all. In fact, if she notices me putting something on that doesn't look right or match quite right, she'll let me know and make suggestions.
We've always been the best of friends... Sometimes lovers... And now, we're girlfriends too. It's feeling normal to me now.
Friends are good to have.
:hugs:

Marcie Sexton
02-05-2007, 03:01 AM
In short to the question, yes I still have the little knot in my belly when I first comeout of the bathroom dressed to kill.:rolleyes:

She always breaks the ice, by telling me how nice I look, or how I should try a different eye shadow.I think because she knows it is still something that makes me uneasy, be it becasue of the past differences we had on the issue, though she is now fully supportive, or because she knows how I work to become passable and strive to be a perfect 10...:heehee:

I must admit though she is a real trooper and a great teacher. In a matter of a few seconds, I become totally at ease...Kudos to my wife and out with the nerves...:hugs:

Sandra
02-05-2007, 04:23 AM
Why don't you talk to your SO then perhaps the two of you can work something out and with it only being a week it is still early days.

Kristen Kelly
02-05-2007, 04:54 AM
A big NO, totally confortable in any feminine state in front of her

Michelle (Oz)
02-05-2007, 05:07 AM
Interesting comments and once again others have the same views. I have a moderately accepting wife but I never feel comfortable dressing in front of her, being caught with toe nail polish or with ladies underwear, etc. Even when we went out together recently, I was more comfortable dressing in private. I think though that the only way to continue along the path of acceptance is for her to see more signs of my dressing and for me to feel more comfortable in her presence.

Suzie S.
02-05-2007, 05:37 AM
A yes over here. Although my wife is accepting and has seen me dressed tons of times, I am still awkward and self concious around her. She's comfortable seeing me as Suzie, and I know it's all in my head. I'm working on it, time will tell. :straightface:

PaulaJaneThomas
02-05-2007, 06:34 AM
You're revealing a very private part of you which you have probably hidden for years so it may not initially be easy to show that side of yourself to another. It may almost feel like walking around the streets naked. Give it time.

Marianna Julianna
02-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I do, not that I often get the chance as when she's home usually so is the boy. I think I get uncomfortable because she often criticises my outfit, I'm sure means well, and sometimes she says how nice I look, but when you've been used to pleasing yourself it's hard to find someone else having a say in what you wear. Mind you, sometimes she asks me to comment on her outfits, not often, but I try to be honest. It's just that she asks me, where when I'm dressed she doesn't wait to be asked, know what I mean.

krisinpink
02-05-2007, 02:28 PM
I've found that although she is generally very accepting, and has even participated quite a bit in my CDing, I find that when I'm 'intransition' that I don't want to be 'caught'...odd I think to feel this way because I don't feel like a different person when dressed, and, once dressed, I'm mostly comfortable in her company...(as long as the outfit fits ok) heck, last night we were in a dressing room at a Torrid store where I was trying on a armful of sale items she picked out. In spite of these things, I recognize a bit of bashfulness? embarassment? if she pops into our room while I'm getting dressed, or when I'm shaving in the shower, or doing my toenails. Maybe its just a typical wish for privacy and has nothing to do with dressing.

Margie
02-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I have to admit that I feel very comfortable dressing in front of my wife now and I think she is also. It took some time but now it's just a normal occurance. I wear femme underwear and bra daily and a nightgown to bed nightly. If when I come home from work and I feel like dressing I'll ask my wife if it's ok. If it's not then I don't. The only uncomfortable feelings I would have is deciding what to wear. My wife just grabs something and I'm horrible a decisions. I know it bothers here then it ends up bothering me! It's something that I can live with tho! I'm very fortunate to have a wife like mine!

Ellisia_Lynch
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Absolutely!!

My wife has come to be very accepting recently, but it still fills me with fear to even tell her when I want to dress.

I think it's the most vulnerable thing you can do. I'm so scared she will not be able to look at me the same again.

Ellisia

marie354
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Just thinking about it some more, it's still embarassing when we are out shopping and I have to pull a bra strap up. I now do it without thinking and then get embarassed and look around to see if anyone noticed. I guess it will pass as well.
:hugs:

Jocelyn Quivers
02-05-2007, 05:50 PM
It's quite the norm for me to be en femme in front of my SO. My SO is completely supportive. She often picks what she wants to see me wear. :happy: Jocelyn

JC
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
i have no problem wearinga bra, skirt, slip, blouse, hose, etc. i am timid of her seeing me put on the bra or wearing it until i get a blouse on.... i do not know why thisis as it is???

jc

Indy
02-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Well, I do not dress, but I am always on panties. Every night when the kids go off to bed I am on my bra and me and my wife spends the next couple of hours watching TV, reading books etc. Before going off to bed she unhooks my bra once in a while or else I sleep the entire night with the bra on.
In short I have a supporting wife hence I am never uncomfortable...

SandyR
02-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Having came out to the wife only since last Sept I have not had a chance to dress in fornt of her. I am ok with it, but I worry she might freak, so for now I am sending her Pics, and letting her know when I dress. One day at a time.....

Huggs....

SandyR

PatyR
02-05-2007, 11:24 PM
My wife says that I can dress any time in front of her, but there are times when I just don't feel comfortable doing that and will just stay upstairs when I'm dressed. At those times, it's more of a personal thing for me and I just don't feel like sharing it at that time.

:iagree: I believe it's a matter of timing. My wife never told me anything, but you can know when she is uncomfortable, that's the moment that I decide to stay away. Other days, we enjoy the "change of habit" together.

janedoe311
02-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes, I would not want my SO to see me dressed.

I would like to find a GG to dress with and go out, at least once to see if it will help. I

Tina B.
02-06-2007, 03:28 PM
I am no more uncomfortable dressing in front of my SO than she is of dressing in front on me. Some days you just don't feel pretty enough, and you end up feeling akward. other days it just feels right, and you just go for it.
we have enough room in the house, that we don't dress in front on each other all that often any way.
But when we travel and stay in hotels I will and do dress in front of her with out giving it a second thought, but then she has known about my dressing and has particapated in it for so long, we both just except it for what it is, Just me being me!
Tina B.

Donna tv
02-06-2007, 04:31 PM
I have been dressing in front of my wife for some 20 + years. Like many others here she is totally ok with it. However when I think I look pretty good in an outfit or maybe just one of those few times that I think I did an outstanding job on my make up I will get a critical comment or a snicker that I did not do as well as I thought. As much as she encourages me to dress I have asked for make up hints and she will refuse. I have many wigs , I admit some I am not crazy about but some I think look nice. She will have no parts of me in a wig she does not mind we wearing them but she will not hang around. All in all I would prefer to be alone or with someone else while dressing up.