PDA

View Full Version : Before you shave

nancy58
02-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Here's a little piece of advice for before you shave your legs the first time: run down to the hardware store and buy a hair strainer for your tub/shower/sink. The other night, I shaved my legs (I know most of you seasonal shavers did it months ago, but I had to wait until Feb.), and I made the mistake of using our bathroom sink that has been kind of sluggish for a while. Well, you know what happened. The sink got all clogged with my hair, and I spent an hour yesterday playing plumber.

I bought a hair trap and used it to finish shaving my legs today. What a difference! Now I just wish the weather weren't so cold. I had no idea I got so much insulation from that hair!

Nancy

Tasha Meredith
02-05-2007, 03:02 AM
I didn't even know they made something like that. The drain kind of had me worried last week when I did my first shave of the year. And I have had problems in the past. An excellent tip.

Dors
02-05-2007, 03:06 AM
For those of you in the UK a comany called Betterware sell something extremely similar :happy:

Kate Simmons
02-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I learned that the hard way myself a couple of years back. In my case, it was my daughter. She has so much hair, it was always going down the drain. Like yourself, it took me a while to clean it out. I have since installed the no hub couplings on the pipes in case it happens again, so it's easier to take out to clean. It was some mess though. The strainer works great in that respect.:happy:

Lilith Moon
02-06-2007, 08:11 AM
For a partially blocked "sluggish" waste pipe try caustic soda, available from most hardware stores. Best to pour a cupful of concentrated solution down the sink and leave overnight for the blockage to get "digested". Next morning, rinse through with plenty of warm water...job done !

But be careful and read the instructions carefully....caustic soda will also digest living flesh !