PDA

View Full Version : My great superbowl experience

Richelle
02-04-2007, 11:39 PM
I hope you all had a superbowl day as great as I did.

Since I am not a big fan of the superbowl, I decided to get dress and enjoy an afternoon of shopping in out beautiful 70+F degree.

I needed a new purse so I headed to a local out door mall that had Mervyns, Kohls and Burlington Coat. On the way to mall, I decided to stop at Dress Barn. Well by the time I left I not only had a new purse but a new skirt. :D

After I left Dress Barn, I decided to go to anther mall to continue shopping. Since most people were glued to the “BIG” game I was able to park right next to the entrance. I went into a store called “A Pea in the Pod”, which is a high end maternity clothing store. After the store clerk told me about the items and then asked if I was buying as a gift or if it was for me. It was so cool to answer that it was for me. :o

Then after buying a Valentine card for my wife:love: , I went to a swimsuit store. I found a very cute suite. It was turquoise with a great nit design. I tried on the largest size they had. The bottom skit part fit, but unfortunately the tank part was a little too small. :(

Richelle

Marlena Dahlstrom
02-05-2007, 01:02 AM
Congrats on a fun alternative to watching the tube!

Trisha
02-05-2007, 01:06 AM
i have been dresed for the past three months since not driving my tracktor trailer but not a big fan of some form of rugby with pading on take all the pading off might be moor fun

rachelcd
02-05-2007, 06:27 AM
trisha rugby without padding is called rugby league there is no padding whatsoever and they just have mouthgaurds. it is the main sport in the eastern states of Aus and starts in about 6 weeks. i cant wait

Dragster
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Rachel, Rugby Union came first, when a football (soccer) player at Rugby School in the UK picked up the ball and ran with it, and that's without padding too. Rugby League spun off from Union due to a dispute, many years ago, between some Northern England clubs and the "old farts" running the game in the South. I prefer to watch League, but then I come from the "Home of Rugby League", St Helens. Our season kicks off this week-end, and I can't wait to see one of our teams teaching an Aussie team how to play the game! I'd even go to watch it in a dress!

Tony

Alayna
02-06-2007, 01:59 AM
i have been dresed for the past three months since not driving my tracktor trailer but not a big fan of some form of rugby with pading on take all the pading off might be moor fun

yikes, do you know how many players a year would be killed if they did that?

Trisha
02-06-2007, 02:34 AM
yep and there was a game when the u.s.a. offerd to play england in football in which england says onley if the padding came off which it did best game i ever saw and yes a few did get banged about a bit thats what a real game is all about