PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing Images

jodie
02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I was curious if anyone had any sort of experiences growing up or even now with seeing a male character (especially a young male) in a movie or on a tv show who crossdressed or was forced to cross dress either by circumstance or by another individual.

I know I am a very visual person and I think I can remember all the times I saw someone my age dressing as a girl or a woman. THAT always kinda thrilled me, especially when I was a young boy and a teen boy. I guess it was actually seeing someone do what I had thought about doing or remember doing that was so exciting.

Here are some of the moments I remember from my past.

We, of course, know how much Bugs Bunny liked to dress up like a girl...which of course when you're a kid is just plain funny.

And I have already mentioned the Dick and Jane reader in which Dick has barets put in his hair...

I disinctly remember several Little Rascal episodes in which Spanky or Alfalfa dressed like little girls. There is one that I can see most clearly in which Alfalfa disappears into a closet (wink wink) and reemerges as his "cousin" fully decked out in sausage curls and a pretty little party frock. Then of course there was the ballet recital in which they both don tutus and tights.

There is a quick scene in the movie Americathon in which the most popular tv show in the US at that time is a show called Like Father, Like Son in which the father and his 9 year old son both crossdress. They first show the boy in his rough and tumble jeans and t-shirt and then when he walks back int he room he is wearing a party dress and his wig is a little blonde bob cut style.

When I was a teenager, I saw the movie Weird Science, a movie about two boys who create a woman from a Barbie doll and a Playboy magazine. I know, it sounds strange, but it makes more sense if you see the movie.
At one point, the woman the boys create is dressed in only Calvin Klein panties and a cut off t-shirt. Very sexy. In the morning, the older brother of the little brunette teen is in the kitchen when his brother walks in-wearing the bikini panties and cut-off t-shirt! Despite his brother's shock/revulsion, the younger boy remains calm, acts natural, and even reaches around and pulls the panties out of his butt (just like a girl) when he walks away. He looked very hot! And very comfortable! I might add. I have to say that I was a little jealous when I saw that!

These are just a few.....but they stay in my brain....I guess movies are like that, aren't they.

Does anyone have any stories about movies or tv shows or magazines/books in which an image of crossdressing was presented and that has stuck in your head all these years...weeks....days...

Just curious.

Hugs to all,
Jodie

PaulaJaneThomas
02-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Some Like It Hot.

tvdave
02-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Oh yeah.

Those two guys en femme with a girl's band on a train is still hot!

And, how about that movie in the 90's about a guy who turned into a hot female CEO to save "her" company?

There've been other movies, too. Saw a sci-fi few years ago in which you could get inside of anyone else's brain. Oh, to be inside Jessica Simpson's for just a day.

aaahhhh

Susan

PaulaJaneThomas
02-05-2007, 10:04 AM
And, how about that movie in the 90's about a guy who turned into a hot female CEO to save "her" company?

Do you mean Just Like A Woman?

Saw a sci-fi few years ago in which you could get inside of anyone else's brain. Oh, to be inside Jessica Simpson's for just a day.

Knowing my luck there'd be some kind of galactic energy storm and I'd end up as Homer Simpson DOH!!!

susie evans
02-05-2007, 11:05 AM
you mean like christeen jorgenson

Joy Carter
02-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I always thought there was something really wrong with me, because I have always thought this was the way I should be. One I remember was seeing a boy in the "Vianna Boys Choir" who dressed and played the part of a young girl. I can't recall the movie it was some time in the late fifties. I recall my mother saying during the movie, how boys made such cute gurls. And well that's for another thread :( .

Karren H
02-05-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't remember the first time I saw someone in drag.... But. I do remember a couple things in my teens... One when my Dad lived in New Orleans and I was down visiting for the summer... I saw a flyer for a drag queen review.. I was captivated and wished I was old enough to go see it... They were beautiful and amazing to me....

Then in High School, english class, we were looking through Life or Look magazines for some project and came across an article about transvestites in NYC with photos... I was mesmerized... And couldn't put it down.. Yet I felt ashame and didn't want anyone in the class seeing me looking at it... Still I kept coming back to that article!! Lol

And it so happends thet my english teacher used to be a boarded of ours and years before I had borrowed her lingerie and some of her clothes to dress in!! :)

Bugs in drag didn't do anything for me,, Silly wabbit!! Hehe

Karren

Lisa Golightly
02-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm grew up in Britain in the 70's... It was wall to wall drag in television comedy.

Tracy_Victoria
02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I'm grew up in Britain in the 70's... It was wall to wall drag in television comedy.

Ditto

But it wasn't the only crossdressing/change of apperance/gender think on telly as well. UK TV in the late 1960's early 70's was littered with crossdressing or disguises to make people look different (and lets be honest there is no better disguise than changing gender, be it F2M or as was mostly the case M2F.

I still say my dressing comes from this as much as anything else, in the fact that all Telly programs were full of RG wearing wigs, or guys dressing as woman. ie Magnum, Hawaii 5 0, The Professionals, the Sweeney and many many others I could name all had both of these in numbers as well as being a great show.

Also as Lisa pointed out, we had comedy TV full of crossdressing, from Morcombe and Wise, to les Dawson, and of course the great two Ronnies as well it little wonder both me and Lisa are the way we are, because it was all seen as a laugh and great fun. However the star of it all was Danny La Rue, a famous UK female impersonator, it was a long time before I realised he was a man, fantastic costumes, stunning wigs, very butch now I look back on it, but as 11 or 12 you don't see that.

Yep, UK TV was littled with wigs, crossdressing, and images of fun, Also telly was not a 24/7 thing then, we had to wait for telly to start, and we had two choices, the BBC, or the other side, and that was it, hence we watched all these, as there was nothing else to watch. ie it seems lisa and I were spoonfed crossdressing images, and I presume were not the only two!

tvdave
02-05-2007, 12:31 PM
don't forget that hilarious benny hill. I loved his show cause he was often in drag and the GG's were always showing off their 'knickers' and petticoats.

susan

Lisa Golightly
02-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Don't forget Stanley Baxter either.

PaulaJaneThomas
02-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Don't forget Stanley Baxter either.

And It Ain't Half Hot Mom. Lots of CDing there :D

Lisa Golightly
02-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Dick Emery... Are You Being Served... Monty Python...

PaulaJaneThomas
02-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Those were the days :) All we get now are chav programmes like Top Gear or Big Brother.

almalove
02-05-2007, 01:13 PM
One of my favorites is "SWITH" where a man is turn in to a moman until he can find another woman that loves her ( him ) he ends up pregnant by his best friend and gives birth to a baby girl then dies. so God asks how does he likes to spend the rest of eternity as a man or as a woman....

Almalove.

Lisa Golightly
02-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Then there was Quantum Leap...

pantyhose_clare
02-05-2007, 02:41 PM
TV: Boy meets world
Episode name: Chick Like Me

Movie: Dr. jekyll and Ms. hyde

Two off the top of my head, just do a search on YouTube to see them or find others.

celeste26
02-05-2007, 02:47 PM
I remember from the early 70's was a movie called "I Want What I Want" a little depressing movie with a Anne Heywood as the lead (instead of a male star). Very depressing though and I wouldn't recommend it at all.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0068726/ this is the IMDB listing for it for those who haven't heard of it.

linnea
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
I was fascinated by many of the titles already mentioned, including the Little Rascals and the Life magazine stories. Christine Jorgensen intrigued me to no end, but I was always reluctant to talk about it for fear of showing "too much interest."
I also saw a "talent show" held in the 1950s at a small town in Washington state. There was a boy there who pantomined a woman putting on and taking off a girdle. The crowd howled. I laughed but thought about how I would like to really put on a girdle (and by that time I had had a little experience with it). So my laughter was nervous and delighted; I was a little confused.
It turns out that that boy, according to my older brother who attended the same show (we were in a boys' quartet that sang a couple of songs), later was a notorious criminal--a serial killer of women. That's an ominous note.

marie354
02-05-2007, 05:16 PM
There was this episode of Star Trek where Kirk was put in a machine and his mind was swapped with a womans. It was fun watching Shatner act femme.
:hugs:

Sierra Evon
02-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I believe my very first exposure to it , was the Bugs Bunny Road runner show , then an episode of the Munsters, when Eddy went to school dressed up as a girl due to some failed experiment by the Grandpa,, Gilligans Island had him and the Skipper in CDer dresses , then ofcourse the old movies " Some like it Hot" :thumbsup:

JeanneF
02-05-2007, 05:57 PM

I'm just trying to imagine how this could motivate you to put on dress. :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/400/lesdawsonshow_2.jpg

I watched a lot of British comedy (from the 1970s) on PBS here in the late 80s, and while I can't say that it really motivated me to dress, it definitely broke down a lot of gender stereotypes. I do know that my mom was a bit concerned with how much I liked Mr. Humphries on "Are You Being Served", and we all know that Mrs. Slocombe was a drag queen. Anyone who watches BBC productions from the 70s should know why so many Americans think the British are more than a little bit off. ;)

I remember watching movies like "Anything for Love" (starting Corey Haim!) and "Just One of the Guys". And I also watched a lot of Jerry Springer in the early days (he's a local boy...I went to school with his daughter), so there were a lot of trans-people on there. But, I can recall more identifying with characters like Rickie on "My So-Called Life" than a Trans character. I totally was in love with the New Wave look...it sucked that just when I started Jr. High and was old enough to rebel and start "my look", Grunge came on the scene. Better music, much worse fashion. There are pictures of me from when I was 9 or 10 years old dressed more like Andie in "Pretty in Pink" than a boy...who knows what would have happened if New Wave had stayed around.

TeriAnn
02-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Sponge bob squarepants dresses as a maid. Patrick dresses in fishnets and tigh high boots in Spongebob movie

SherriePall
02-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Does anyone remember a short-lived Fox short that aired in the late 1990's or early 00's about a young lady who worked at the American embassy in London? Adjacent to her flat was one a CDer lived in. I may have been the only one to have watched that show.
And there was an episode of Mr. Belvidere in which the neighborhood men dressed up to catch a criminal. The show's star (Bob Ueker) character's son look good dressed and his dad said he hoped the boy was wearing his guy underpants beneath the dress.
Yea, right!

FROCKYHORROR
02-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Rocky Horror Show..Some Like it Hot...love that scene when he says "I'm a boy I'm a boy, oh boy o boy i'm a boy"..when he's urged to snap out of his "pink fog" by TC.

Helen MC
02-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Some I can think of in my teens. "Some like it Hot" where Jack Lemon and Tony Curtis had to dress as women to escape a Mafia Leader's revenge. The other was "The Road to Bali" with Bob Hope, Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour. To escape some local chief who is after their blood Bob and Bing have to borrow Dorothy's clothes to dress as natives and come out of her quarters wearing what appeared to be lovely silk panties, full briefs. Then there was an early series of Doctor Who where the men on the planet he had landed on wore dresses and the women wore trousers. I would have loved to have landed there.

As others have mentioned there was Stanley Baxter who often dressed as a women in his sketches on TV. I have been told that he was a CD. However I have never liked Danny La Rue who dressed as a woman purely to make money as a Stage Act, nor Les Dawson who dressed as a caricature Mother-in-Law. In "Please Sir" a comedy set in a Comprehensive School in London , one of the boys called Dennis , who is a bit of a dimwit forgets his swimming trunks and one of the girls gives him a pair of her navy blue cotton Gym Knickers to wear in their place. Lucky Dennis thought I!

karen fox
02-05-2007, 07:14 PM
What about one episode of MOONLIGHTING where a woman walked into their office all in black with a lace veil because she had been scarred. Bruce Willis' character dressed in drag and Cybil Sheppard dressed in black aswell to catch what turned out to be the husband of this woman, dressed as the wife!!.... I think that's how it went anyway!! Or maybe that was my imagination....

Angela E.
02-05-2007, 07:21 PM
And some of the U.K. stuff as well. Does anyone else remember Hedy Jo Starr and her column "Both Sides of Love" in the National Enquirer? And,of course, of the same vintage,Cocinelle? :hugs: Angela.:GE:

Audrey34
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I actually collected a Japanese comic book series called "Ranma 1/2" about a young, cocky martial arts expert. While on a training trip in China he and his father met up with a bizarre accident. Ranma fell into a cursed pool of water (a young woman had died there thousands of years ago and anyone who falls into that same pool emerges as a young woman). Ramna's father fell ino another pool and emerged as a giant panda. When splashed with hot water they revert back to their normal selves. Unfortuantely (or whatever way you look at it) if Ramna is splashed with cold water he becomes female again.
The series is very popular in Japan (and here as well. Viz Comics has been publishing it and releasing the anime for years).
And don't forget all the crossdressing exploits of Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck (did a terrific Carmen Miranda in one cartoon), even Woody Woodpecker!
I wonder if Mickey ever tried on any of Minnie's clothes?
-Audrey:heehee:

Kimberly
02-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Shakespeare... the original! xx

Joy Carter
02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Audrey34;7386 Daffy Duck (did a terrific Carmen Miranda in one cartoon),

To quote Daffy "Boom Chicka Boom Chicka Boom Chicka Boom Boom "

Loved That One Audry !

Audrey34
02-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Hey Joy! You forgot the part where he says "WHOO-WOO"!!
And Elmer Fudd being chased by a pack of Hollywood wolves while wearing a red dress, heels and a wig. He stops and says to the audience: "Have any of you girls had an experience wike this?"
Funny!
-Audrey

Trisha
02-06-2007, 12:45 AM
jerry spinger was born in north london england

Timberley
02-06-2007, 01:08 AM
don't remember too much about it, (I guess this would be have been 20+ years ago), but there was a show on afterschool, and it had some sort of race, where these boys had to race across town. Well, somewhere along the line, one boy had drank too much orange pop, and went into an alley to pee. Some girls hijacked him, removed his clothes down to his underwear and left him there.
For some reason he had to finish the race, but didn't want to race in the briefs, so he grabbed a dress from a clotheline in the alley and took off. I think he actually won.
Always thought it would have been fun to be captured by girls, and the only choice was to put on the dress. Wish I could remember more about the show, or how to find it.

:0)

CheriTV2006
02-06-2007, 01:24 AM
I recall viewing, in the 1970's, the Mission Impossible episode, Gitano - Year4, where a young Barry Williams (Greg Brady from Brady Bunch), as King Victor,was disguised as a gypsy girl among the team.
I remember Flip Wilson as Geraldine Jones.
I remember Don Knots dressed as an American Indian woman in "The Shakiest Gun In the West."
Needless to say, I envied them at the time. Cheri.

Lisa Golightly
02-06-2007, 03:14 AM
I'm just trying to imagine how this could motivate you to put on dress. :)

Actually... I loved the chorus lines on the 70's variety shows... I always dremed of being a chorus line girl. The Stanley Baxter show had loads of big show routines and was my absolute favourite. :)

PaulaJaneThomas
02-06-2007, 04:14 AM
Actually... I loved the chorus lines on the 70's variety shows... I always dremed of being a chorus line girl.

Didn't Ron Storme work as a chorus line girl for a while?

Lisa Golightly
02-06-2007, 04:33 AM
Didn't Ron Storme work as a chorus line girl for a while?

I don't rightly know... Obviously Ron started out as a dancer... I'm sure Peter could tell us...

jodie
02-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Ahhh Rocky Horror!
Saw it about 95 times my Freshman year in highschool. Still have the soundtrack and know all the songs. I wanted so badly to dress up but only ever managed to wear some lipstick and eyeliner. It was rather erotic to have an older girl applying the makeup to my face though. I do remember THAT!

And yes! I did wish she would have slipped me into some black panties and garters....I don't think my 14 year old brain could have handled it...LOL!

If you're a fan of the movie-you'll remember...

"I was feeling done in, couldn't win
I'd only ever kissed before.
I thought there's no use getting into heavy petting
It only leads to trouble and seat wetting...

Now all I want to know is how to go
I've tasted blood and I want more
I'll put up no resistance, I want to stay the distance
I've got an itch to scratch, I need assistance:

Toucha toucha toucha touch me, I wanna be dirty
Thrill me chill me fulfil me
Creature of the night.

:happy: I hope this has been a good post and I have made up for my rambling introduction....

Hugs,
Jodie

PaulaJaneThomas
02-06-2007, 09:51 AM
I don't rightly know... Obviously Ron started out as a dancer... I'm sure Peter could tell us...

As ever, Google is our friend:

here (http://www.vickirene.net/sigssoy007.htm)

Laurie_Ann_CD
02-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Boy meets World Chicks L:ike Me. In Happy Days, several espidodes show Richie dress in Drag.

:2c:

Jere Oneil
02-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Flip Wilson as Geraldine for me also.