PDA

View Full Version : New show

Michelle 51
02-05-2007, 11:54 AM
To-night 5-2-07 on TLC is the premier of my unique family'To-nite's show is That women is my Husband.Real life story of a ts and his/her family.

celeste26
02-05-2007, 12:05 PM
I might tape it though.

Karren H
02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Already set my dvd recorder!!! :)

Karren

Cdone2
02-05-2007, 12:59 PM
The program is shown on Verizon in Southern California twice.

First at 10 PM and then later in the wee small hours at 1 AM.

Enjoy! :D

Already set my dvd recorder!!! :)

Karren

Margot
02-05-2007, 02:21 PM
On TLC tonight is a shown called My Unique Family and will deal with the adjustments a family has made as the husband transitions to womanhood. Sounds like a program we should all be watching from the questions our members seem to ask frequently.
:hugs:
Margot

Helen H. Heels
02-05-2007, 02:23 PM
About the TV show. I will watch it as I was wondering when this particular episode would come to air.
Thank you for this information.

Hugs, Helen in Burlington.:thumbsup:

celeste26
02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
about the same future show look for justabit's thread

Joy Carter
02-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Someone had this up before. But TLC is running a series on families and this one tonight is about a TS woman and her family she still lives with. 10:00 PM Central Time.

marie354
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
It's on here at 10:00 PM tonight... Are you sure about that being central time? I thought that Ohio is in the eastern time zone.

Anyway... Thanks for the reminder. I just changed channels, so I won't miss it.

Tedi
02-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Yep, I posted this awhile back.. here's the link to it.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50121

Joy Carter
02-05-2007, 09:53 PM
Yep, I posted this awhile back.. here's the link to it.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50121

Sorry Tedi I couldn't find it. Don't hate me ?:o

Newbie Beth
02-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Joy

Thank you for the reminder...Going to tune in now

:happy:

Beth

marie354
02-05-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm glad to see this kind of thing on a channel like this. A lot of people that I know watch this channel daily.
Now when a friend asks me if I saw it... I can say, YES!
Should make for some good conversation.
Thanks again, Joy, for the reminder.
When I clicked on this I got Joy's reply. I don't want to forget you JustaBit. Thanks a lot! I would have missed it otherwise.

Erica Lauren James
02-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Just finished watching it, a program on a husband and a wife with the husband in transition on TLC.

Great show, very well done. Great wife, great presentation!!!

Two thumbs up for TLC

Kiera

Karren H
02-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I cut it to a DVD... to watch later...

Karren

marie354
02-05-2007, 11:18 PM
After I watched it for about 15 mins, I rewound it on my cable box to the beginning and am recording it to my computer. It's a keeper, I think.

Breanne
02-06-2007, 12:13 AM
An excellent presentation, very well done. TLC deserves a lot of credit for handling the subject so objectively and tastefully.

Sally2005
02-06-2007, 02:01 AM
I just watched it. Very well done. There was none of the usual attention grabbing trash that's usually included in any main stream program. I think the program is very educating to anyone watching it. I think Jennifer is very convincing and doesn't seem to need the facial surgery she wants and her voice is just about the best I've heard. The two women and kids seem to get along great together. The story says her transition started 3 years previous on a halloween. Amazing.

Joy Carter
02-06-2007, 05:09 PM
I watched the program and can really understand Jennifer's needs. My self I would not go through with a transition no mater how much it hurt. She married me and I will honor her needs before mine. Things might be different if she was not in the picture. I will agree that the program was tastefuly done. I give much credit to all involved.

Kristen Kelly
02-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Well done hopefully they continue to follow up with future decisions. I found I was glued to the set alot hit home.

GinaVegas
02-06-2007, 10:22 PM
I missed it.....darnit. I wonder if they are going to replay it again sometime?

cocopuff's girl GG
02-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I think it was done tastefully and gave alot of honest answers to alot of questions. I do think that the wife is getting somewhat concerned because I seemed to notice that he seems to want to go further and further with his femine side. She wants to keep the sex life alive and they were somewhat concerned after his surgery that they would be able to have a satisfying sex life. They didn't really say how it turned out but the wife did say if he wanted to have further surgery they wre gonna have to regroup and see what happens. In other words what I was reading between the lines is she has gone about as far as she is willing to go. She is worried about her children and how they will handle it as they continue to their teens and seems daddy is no longer daddy but Dee dee. Their daughter is becoming more and more confused but is adjusting somewhat. The son was younger and isin't really old enough yet to understand. They did seem to get along good but I was seeing things as a GG and reading between the lines on some of what she said. I'm sure it wasn't easy on either of them to have there life under a microscope like that. I applaude the network for presenting it the way they did and for Dee Dee and his wife for letting us into their world and home.

joanlynn28
02-07-2007, 01:03 AM
I watched the show last night and thought that it was tastefully done. The show really hit home with me, Jennifers words and thoughts could have been written by me. I find that the more I come in contact with fellow transfolk the more common our thoughts and feelings are, at least that is what I observe with those of us that are truely TS.