PDA

View Full Version : help - heels are too big and slip - how can I stop this

tv_rachael
01-31-2005, 06:25 PM
hiya

i have a nitemare, am going out this weekend and have pair of shoes (plan black with no strap courts things)

only thing is there is about 1cm gap at back of my shoes cause of the heels as a result my shoes keep coming off,

have tried stuffing toilet paper down the end but that hurts, going to be on my feet all nite, any ideas what i can do ??

help :(

ToniB
01-31-2005, 07:23 PM
hiya

i have a nitemare, am going out this weekend and have pair of shoes (plan black with no strap courts things)

only thing is there is about 1cm gap at back of my shoes cause of the heels as a result my shoes keep coming off,

have tried stuffing toilet paper down the end but that hurts, going to be on my feet all nite, any ideas what i can do ??

help :(

Rachael,
I've seen adverts (can't remember where, but Google or Ebay may) for gel inserts which fit the toe box of court shoes (pumps for the Yanks). They are supposed to cushion the interface between foot and shoe so you "can dance the night away" in comfort, and they are bound to fill the front of the shoe a little and push your foot a little further back. I've no experience of their effect on the gap at the heel, but 1cm sounds a lot. Failing that, there are court shoes which have an ankle strap or two attached to the top of the heel. Do you know a shoe repairer who may be able to fit one for you?
Can you tell I am a mechanical engineer!

Toni

Georgette
01-31-2005, 07:32 PM
Get smaller shoes next time LOL
PS Wendy made me say it :rolleyes:

Rachel Ann
01-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Sometimes Dr. Scholl's (sp?) Pads help with slightly too-large shoes. 1cm is a lot, though.

Good luck

DonnaT
01-31-2005, 07:54 PM
If worse comes to worse, maybe some double sided tape in the heel? don't know how comfortable that would be.

Can't get out and buy a new pair?

Did they use to fit? You could probably wet them lightly, if made of leather, and heat shrink them a bit.

Kirsteen
01-31-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi Rachael

Go bare foot !

Anyone who isnt looking at how gorgeous you are deserves a kick !!!

x

:D

TrueGemini'sWife GG
01-31-2005, 08:48 PM
You could try the Dr. Scholl's, but I don't think it will work if you plan on wearing them for a long period of time. My advise is to take a run to the store and get a 1/2 size smaller...

Welcome to our world.. Shoes are like a double edge sword. Love to have them, must buy many, hate to wear them all the time..

Donna may be on to something though. Heat shrinking them? Never thought of that..
Thanks Donna!

TrueGemini'sWife GG
01-31-2005, 08:49 PM
It is very true..
You really are so beautiful!
You go girl!!!!

tv_rachael
02-01-2005, 04:27 PM
yeah well ordered em off a website - seem to have come up v large, am going to have a hunt for some shoes on sat, (day b4) at transformation BUT there v pricey :( know any where in london that sells size 12 pumps - doh 11 now haha

Tamara Croft
02-01-2005, 04:41 PM
You can buy heel grips from Scholls, they work pretty well too :)

http://www.shoes.com/product.asp?p=5005003%7EACCESSORIES%7EDRSCH&sc=ACCESSORIES&variant_id=07061

Tamara x

Wendy me
02-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Get smaller shoes next time LOL
PS Wendy made me say it :rolleyes:
why yes i did hi sis................................. :p

Jennifer_G
02-01-2005, 04:48 PM
yeah well ordered em off a website - seem to have come up v large, am going to have a hunt for some shoes on sat, (day b4) at transformation BUT there v pricey :( know any where in london that sells size 12 pumps - doh 11 now haha

Hi Racheal

With looks like yours you could wear wellington boots hun. you're so pretty no one will look at your feet !! :)

I hope you find a solution all the same so you can enjoy your night out.

Jennifer

Julie York
02-01-2005, 04:49 PM
A strip of foam rubber in the toe end.

Erm...and that's it really. Sorry.

And will you marry me?

Wendy me
02-01-2005, 04:50 PM
ok girlfreind i know you answer ..........realy i do the shoes are like on your feet right????????of corse thay are silly question............look shoes that don't fit .....,...
well like not a good thing feet hurt you hurt no fun in that right????????????????
well yes i am right ............before i would walk in shoes that don't fit iu would go to a up town shoe store and get right fitted ....................no ui can't do that someone is going to see me ..............................i said a "up town shoe store" not willy mart or anything like that ................expect to pay a lot ........but girlfreind if the feet are happy the girl is happy .............................................

tv_rachael
02-01-2005, 06:31 PM
For sale

size 12 black matt court shoes as seen on hayway shoes -cost 38 a few weeks ago

will sell for 20 ! any takers

getting new shoes :)

simple answer really - fingers xed they arrive before weekend as going to transmission :)

DonnaT
02-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Ladies Shoes in Larger Sizes in UK

http://www.northernconcord.org.uk/shoes.htm

http://www.leatherworks.org.uk/acatalog/Open_Sandals.html

wilma
02-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Hi Rachael, I bought a pait of size 12 pumps and when I got them home they were a bit big. I have been wearing them to get used to walking in heels and not look like a fool. I am with some of the other girls when I say you need to get some shoes that fit good. If you dont I think you'll be selfconscious of your shoes and not having the fun you should be having. When I do get the nurve to go out I plan on wearing some nice shoes but I'll most likely do the barefoot thing when I dance and do other things that the shoes would prohibit. GG's do it why not us? LOL Wilma