PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Preference

LouiseM
02-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I have read that most cd'ers are heterosexual, is this correct? My question is that if a male cd'er is heterosexual then what makes him not attracted to another cd'er who looks like a woman? If he is and he knows the other is a male, does that now make him gay? This is the part I have the worst time understanding. Thanks for your replies.

Lou

JoAnnDallas
02-05-2007, 01:44 PM
NO, it might make him BI, IMHO I don't think it makes him gay. A majority of CDer are married and like myself. Thus I have no interest in another CDer except for friendship.

suzy
02-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I can't speak for most CDr's but for myself...I am heterosexual, have no desire to be with anyone except my wife...so...can't say but I'm quite sure I'm not gay!:D

Dors
02-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Most CD'rs that i know are straight ! I think its a misconception that Cd's are Gay or Bi! Its all down to the individial !

Michelle 51
02-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I can't speak for most CDr's but for myself...I am heterosexual, have no desire to be with anyone except my wife...so...can't say but I'm quite sure I'm not gay!:D

Same here Now there are those that claim we're decieving ourselve's when we say we're hetro but the stats show the rate of homosexuality is about the same with CDer's as in the rest of the male population. ( unless the CDer's all lied on the poll) Justabit

Marla S
02-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I have read that most cd'ers are heterosexual, is this correct? My question is that if a male cd'er is heterosexual then what makes him not attracted to another cd'er who looks like a woman? If he is and he knows the other is a male, does that now make him gay? This is the part I have the worst time understanding. Thanks for your replies.

Lou
Maybe it's the "looks like" part. "Looks like" isn't "is a woman". A woman is by far more than clothes and she is one even without clothes.

Emily Ann Brown
02-05-2007, 02:11 PM
My sexual preference is for women. I know that a sister CD is genetic male and so I have no sexual interest in them (well okay, maybe I do have the hots for my sister JoAnn in Dallas .... giggle giggle, but don't tell her).

Emily Ann

heelme
02-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm unaware of any official polls, but everyting I've read says the majority of men who crossdress claim to be heterosexual.

The answer to the first questions is, sexaul preference. A CD who is firmly heterosexual would, by definition, NOT be attracted to another CD, right?

The second question reminds me of an early George Carlin quip; "Could God make a rock so big, he himself could not lift it?" It's a trick question. If the totally straight CD is, afterall, attracted to another CD, he is not heterosexual. He is either bisexual or homosexual.

That out of the way, keep in mind that everyone is different. I said it above, but feel there are gradients of sexuality that would take forever to fit a catagory. Society places on us many of our beliefs, in my opinion, and sexual preference is one of them. I don't feel like a deviant, but my lifestyle says I am ... according to "society".

I hope you can work it out and btw, WELCOME to the forum!

Sweet Jane
02-05-2007, 02:27 PM
Hi

right now, I'm only attracted to my wife...I see lots of pretty, sexy women, but I don't lust after them, I see lots of pretty, sexy CDs/TS and I don't lust after them either. I'd just rather be in love. Sex isn't the most important thing in my life. Not even close.

Joy Carter
02-05-2007, 02:31 PM
What's the saying ? "The Clothes Do Not Make The Man/(Woman).":2c:

Paulacder
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
As said before many times most C.D.er's claim to be streight. I have ben dressing for many years and have become aquainted with many C.D.er's. First let me say I don't talk out of school, but most of the gals that I have become associated with are Bi. I heard said one time there are two types of crossdressers the ones that are Bi. and the ones that won't admit it. I remember one time I was introduceing myself to a new member of a Crossdressing Support group, she told me her name and and that she was a hetrosexual. All I could think of was who cares what you sexual preference is. But in reality I think this person was trying to convince herself that she was streight.

Charolette time
02-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Im in for the show with my S O< but with legs like yours I would at least give them a second and third and forth and you get my drift look, sex is all in the mind, if you dont mind I dont mind either, Im getting goofy Charolette,

Samantha B L
02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I wonder the same thing myself about could a CD be attracted to another CD.Speaking for myself,I can admire the femme image they present and even find it sexy but the fact that they are men dampens any urge to have sex. But I'm a CD myself and I always enjoy the company of other CD'rs and all of the good times that goes with it.And I had the same GG girlfreind for years who actually encouraged my dressing.I gotta fess up that I did it with guys on a few ocaisions like 25 years ago.It was very unsenuous and abrasive. For one thing,I'm not naturally attracted to guys and of course many CD'rs aren't!I like girls and femme stuff in general.

Nigella
02-05-2007, 04:17 PM
I have read that most cd'ers are heterosexual, is this correct?

Only an individual can answer this question, and they should have no reason to lie

My question is that if a male cd'er is heterosexual then what makes him not attracted to another cd'er who looks like a woman?

Attraction is part looks, part chemistry, with other things thrown in, which I'm sure others can add and the mix has to be right

If he is and he knows the other is a male, does that now make him gay?

Just because a male is attracted to another male, it does not make him gay, and I dont think the clothing will have anything to do with this, Sexuality is complex enough without generalisation

This is the part I have the worst time understanding.

Unless you have a situation similar to what you have posted, why worry, If something does not have an impact on my life, then I let things take their course.

marie354
02-05-2007, 04:21 PM
I have to admit that I've tried that when I was in Cal. many, many years ago, and learned, through experience that I wasn't attracted to men. The idea did appeal to me at the time, but I still got more excited with women.
Soooo, I always be hetro.
I do like dressing up with CD's and sharing experiences, makeup tips etc, but strictly on a girl-to-girl friendly relationship.
:hugs:

Amy Hepker
02-05-2007, 04:22 PM
I have many friends that are CDers, but I am not Gay and don't want any sexual contact with them of any Male.

ShannonDragon
02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Married and most of the other CDs I know either are or have been married.
I know a few who may be Bi, but none are Gay.

:tongueout

RobertaFermina
02-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I am getting proposals, and approaches from gay men.
I find them cute, fun, and interesting.
I am heterosexual by history.
As any stock market professional SHOULD tell you.....past performance is no indicator of future results.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

SusanTL
02-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi.

Most every CD I have met is hetro. I however am not a CD. I am pre-op ts, and I like men. That is another subject.

I have met and have made many CD friends over time, and all except one is hetro.

Hugs Susan

JeanneF
02-05-2007, 04:48 PM
FWIW, I have met A LOT of CDers that are at the very least bi. I think I can honestly say that if I go out to any trans-club, or for that matter any "girls night out" type event, I can pretty guarantee that I can get laid (if I want to).

Granted, I don't go to a support group, TRI-ESS or anything like that, but I know that in my experience, at a bar like Gigi's in Detroit I feel like a piece of meat.

I'm personally friends with two T-Girls (who are not TS, AFAIK) who are exclusively gay.

As for myself, like someone said in another thread, I am bisexual sexually, but hetero in relationships. Interestingly, of any of the gender choices, I'm probably least attracted to T-girls at this point. My preference is obviously GGs, but I would consider a really attractive guy (my attraction to guys is definitely to gay, or at least metrosexual, guys...I have zero attraction to your average fat, hairy "straight" guy). T-girls go by the same rules as with guys...fit, shaven, effeminate, about my age...cool. Overweight, "linebacker-in-a-dress", 20 years older than me...no.

danielle40I
02-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I am heterosexual without a doubt and will surely be for at least the forseable future. In my adolesence I often wondered about my own sexuality as I tried to come to grips with my urge to crossdress.
To have an appreciation for the human form, male or female is one thing, to have the urge to be intimate with one or the other is something different.
I can admire both male and female forms but only feel "right" wanting intimacy with my GG SO.
What you feel is yours and yours alone. CDing can be as many things to as many CDers you ask. Our own sexuality is just that...our own.

Sara Kat
02-05-2007, 04:50 PM
I am most assuradly bisexual.

PaulaJaneThomas
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I have read that most cd'ers are heterosexual, is this correct? My question is that if a male cd'er is heterosexual then what makes him not attracted to another cd'er who looks like a woman?

Attraction is a very individual thing. Men don't neccessarily find all women attractive just as women don't neccessarily find all men attractive. Attraction also works at different levels. You can find someone attractive without being attracted to them sexually.

If he is and he knows the other is a male, does that now make him gay? This is the part I have the worst time understanding. Thanks for your replies.

Again it depends on the level of attraction. Gay means a strong preference for a same-sex relationship. Having said that I know gay men who have had sexual relationships with women but regard themselves as gay rather than bi. Labels are often inappropriate.

susie evans
02-05-2007, 08:58 PM
only wife no other sexual intrest other than her and don't expect to change

susie

Michelle_CD
02-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I would say that I am bi. But if given the choice between a man and a women I would choose the women probably 99% of the time. I am not sure how I would feel sexually towards another CD'r because I have yet to meet any here in SLC. But I do think it would be fun to get together and dress up.

MarinaTwelve200
02-05-2007, 09:08 PM

Lou

I dont think that would make him gay----A hetro male is designed to be sexually attracted to something that looks like a woman.-----even if it is a drawing on paper or another MAN disguised to look like that form.

A gay man is attracted to what looks like other men.

Sexuality usually has nothing to do whether one CDs or not, as CD is usually based on something else, such as identity issues or games, Thrill seeking or a variant of SM. etc. As there are MORE HETROS in the world, then there are more hetro CD's than gay CDs.

Gays usually CD for the same reasons Hetros do and has nothing to do with their "gayness". Indeed, if CD WERE SEXUALITY based, one might find GAYs LEAST likely to CD---as they are into guys sexually.

AmandaM
02-05-2007, 09:11 PM
I agree with LisaK on this. I am only attracted to femininity. Any sign that a CD is a man, I'm turned off. So, you could say I'm into GGs and "extremely passable CDs".

If a homosexual is defined as being attracted to the same sex, what is the part that attracts?

Don't say, wee willie winkie either! :heehee:

SandyR
02-05-2007, 09:24 PM
I would say I am Bi-Playful. Although I have not acted on it, in the right stituation and if dresssed I would hope to be treated like a woman.

Hugs...

SandyR

ArleneRaquel
02-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Until about six months ago I was attracted solely to woman. But since I've been dressing full time, which started about 19 months ago, I first fantasized about being with a man while enfemme and then last September I had my first Bi - experience, with another CD'er, since then I was been favoring men. Each time I was enfemme. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Sweet Young Thing

christiecd
02-05-2007, 10:03 PM
i'm straight, but i'd be lying if i said i'm not a little bit attracted to other crossdressers. im 100% not into guys though. nothing against that, just not my style!

Roxi Loh
02-06-2007, 12:07 AM
I have never been with another CD or a man. However, I am so hot to be with another, very attractive, CD I could burst.

CheriTV2006
02-06-2007, 01:49 AM
I would say that he is not "core" gay the sense that attraction to "maleness"/male physique would be an issue. Many gays I hear talking don't "get" the cd lifestyle and aren't aroused by the crossdressed male.
In my own case, though, I'm bi and have had relations with my cd partners in the past both in and out of drag.
To sidetrack the issue, I'm personally trying to figure whether/why some gays are overt in mannerisms and some aren't. "Transgendered" as gays? Peer appeal? Got my curiosity...Cheri.

westcoastCD
02-06-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm definately straight, but I would love to date a female-to-male crossdresser

loki_uk
02-06-2007, 05:22 AM
I know I'm not gay well not in the conventional sense, I'm told I act rather like a girly lesbian sometimes but that would be rather stretching the definition

Probably like a lot of CD'ers I spend a lot of time in gay bars, but it's just the women in there I notice ;)

Suzie S.
02-06-2007, 05:29 AM
Can't say I've even thought about being with a man. Even though I'm a crossdresser, underneath whatever clothes I have on I am still a man, and 101% hetero. I am attracted solely to my wife, and wouldn't change that in a million years! :hugs:

scarletppn
02-06-2007, 07:21 PM
According to the most recent poll, it's prettty even between dressers who would be with a man and those who would only be with their SO. I think many of the SO may read these posts and this would influence the comments of their crossdressers. Although I do not think most crossdressers are gay, I think the majority are bisexual in nature/ Why else would you do all the things necessary to be a woman and attractive to a man. So id you haven't ben wioth a man till now, he's coming soon.

RobertaFermina
02-06-2007, 07:41 PM
That's it Sandy,

BiPlayful!

I love to play with men and women as long as it's fun or flirty!

I realize that I may come to that moment where it is 'suddenly serious', and 'suddenly' I might be serious too.

Though I've had a few 'forward' proposals, and 'nuanced' compliments, I haven't bitten (no pun intended). So......hasn't happened yet!

:rose: BiPlayin Roberta ! :rose:

Sherry Ann Evans
02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm bi ...

What really shocks me is how ** defensive ** so many of these supposedly hetero CDs are. I'm not saying that out of sarcasm. I'm saying it just because I would think that if ANY group of people should be tolerant of alternative sexualities, you'd think it would be CD people! But instead, sometimes it appears as if some of the CDs on this forum are bible-thumping, gay-hating conservatives. I'm sorry to repeat myself, but that is absolutely baffling to me. If person A isn't into person B's sexual lifestyle, that's fine, but why must person A feel the need to actively denounce it?

ArleneRaquel
02-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Sherry a Great Post :love: & :hugs: Trina - 24 /7

Brianne_bc
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Sexual preference? Often. with a pretty gg or tg would be even better.. while im in girl mode.

Myst
02-06-2007, 08:52 PM
I know I am 90% into women, the other ten, I'm not too sure about. I suppose if I had to classify myself, I would say that I am bi-curious.

CharleyDC
02-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm fasinated by everyone's replies - I think I'm a little different from most here because I an a gay man who is also a crossdresser - when I am not dressed I love men - when I am en femme I also love being with a man - tho he might not be gay - however when I am with a man he will most likely be gay because I feel more comfortable with a man who can understand the dynamic and is much more tolerant of different "life styles".

If there was some way to change my sex I would become a complete woman so that I could attract men to me - but maybe that makes me a potential Trans candidate.

Love to all

Charley

sami1952
02-06-2007, 10:52 PM
If i had the knowledge to tell who was a male or female when a male was in fem,I pretty sure that i wouldn't be attracted to him/her.I'm a CD and I still perfer women< But I got to say ,some of you are truefully , hot.

Bridget Fitzgerald
02-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Myself Im happily married and cant be dislodged from that. But do I find attractive CDs well, attractive? Sure. I think the term pansexuall may be applicable. So in a nutshell, the same things I find attractive in a woman I find attractive in a CD. But yet, I dont find men attractive even though a cd is. But I do think Im in the school of thought that dosnt see sexual attraction by gender but by charactoristics and traits.

ChristinefromOz
02-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I gotta fess up that I did it with guys on a few ocaisions like 25 years ago. It was very unsenuous and abrasive.

I had much the same experience with a couple of guys when I was in my twenties. They had no idea of to treat a lady! They wanted a guy not a girl and I wanted to be treated like a girl.

I am very attracted to women, partly due the fact I admire them (and envy them a bit, too).

Kali
02-09-2007, 10:07 PM
I've had plenty of opportunities if I wanted a man when I'm out and about as myself. I'm the classic "bear" in the gay world; most of my friends are GBLT. But I've never seen a man I found sexually attractive. Women are what float my boat regardless of what I'm wearing.

As far as tolerance goes, my alternative lifestyle (and not the crossdressing) makes a lot of my GBLT frinds a little nervous, because I'm open about that aspect of our lives. They'll make jokes about it sometimes, but they are sort of nervous. And some in the GBLT community are openly hostile towards it.

I'm what many of you would describe as "conservative" though the reality is libertarian, and few folks understand the actual differences.

DeniseNJ
02-10-2007, 12:06 AM
I have never been with another CD or a man. However, I am so hot to be with another, very attractive, CD I could burst.

That sums it up perfectly, could I kiss a guy {NO}, but some of you very pretty girls are such a turn on, I see no guy at all.. Do I fantasize about being with another very Feminine CDer yes ,but only if I am dress and feeling very feminine myself. Never had a Bi experience and woman really do it for me. I never caught myself lusting after some hot guy, NEVER but a beautiful ******* really turns me on!! It it hard to explain it's the illusion and the TABOO of it all that is so erotic. I guess it's my kinky side...

Alice Torn
02-10-2007, 12:18 AM
"Linebacker in a dress"! If I gain 20 pounds, I may change my name to that! Ha! I have never been a very agressive
male, and never married. It seemed that the aggressive men, got the women, especially, the pretty ones, though many are divorced now. I am attracted to women, can talk to them easier, do not like being with guys much. However, there is a part of me, when all dolled up, that would like to slow dance, play, and be laid, by a guy, or at least, get guys attention. Is that gay? When not in women's clothes, I have no strong deire, like that. When I am in drag, I fantasize, being a woman, wanting, and getting carressed, and even laid. I think this is common, among cders, but, I have not gone out, and acted on it. My morals don't allow me to do it, but, I can't say I would not give in. I even answered gay men's ads, but, it is true, they are not often attrtacted to cders. I am in the safety of closet, now. It is not a safe world out there, in many places. Gangs are everywhere, and a cder, would be a safe target, to many of them. Pack that pistol, or spray, ladies! Or, high heels, with a good aim.

SandyR
02-10-2007, 12:31 AM
I agree Roberta! Its like a kinda fun different time. Wife and I have had many a talks about "what if" and I like the attention as well......never know what tomorrow holds, but it sure is fun thinking about it! heheheh.....

Hugss...

SandyR

Angie G
02-10-2007, 01:06 AM
I love my wife I look at pic of X-dressers but don't want them that way maybe I'm a just a girls girl :hugs:
Angie

trannie T
02-10-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm hetero, I like girls, I like looking like a girl, if I see someone who looks like an attractive girl I'm attracted, but only to the image. I have met several crossdressers who I would have been really attracted to if they had been genuine girls, but since we both had the same equipment, sorry.

CDTiffany
02-10-2007, 01:49 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
When I am dressed as a Tiffany.
I love to be treated as Tiffany!!!
Enough said!
Tiffany

Nina_Hyena
02-10-2007, 02:02 AM
for me, it's women, TG's and then men.:heehee:

prioritized preferences i guess.

but then again. there are nights when a man is a priority :battingeyelashes:

CharleyDC
02-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Well just so everyone here knows there is at least one gay guy here who dresses - for me men are my preference 100 percent of the time - I have to admit that when I am with a man I feel very much like a woman so much so that sex with a man feel the closest to being a woman. As I am sure you have already guessed I am also exclusively a bottom. When I am with a man I make real my deepest fantasy of being a woman.

I told this to my last partner and we had the greatest time playing out the fantasy - once he even tore a hole in my panties and we had the most delicious sex I have ever had.

But as many have noted here it really is for some (and probably for most here) a personal preference tho I know that for me I was born gay since I have loved men from the day I can remember.

Angela E.
02-10-2007, 08:36 AM
I would say I am Bi-Playful. Although I have not acted on it, in the right stituation and if dresssed I would hope to be treated like a woman.

Hugs...

SandyR

My feelings exactly.:hugs: Angela.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :GE: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Stephanie Stephens
02-10-2007, 08:41 AM
I know that I am bi - I love sex with a man and I love sex with a woman. I always end up being with a woman in a long term relationship, thats my life.

good topic

Stephanie

Raychel
02-10-2007, 08:48 AM
I can only speak for myself. But I am 100% into women, Only one woman at this time. That is my wife. I have ound from my very limited experience that there are few people that are actually attracted to CD'rs. I like to look to see the style that everyone is dressing. But that is all. And my most certainly is not attracted to me as a CD'r. Sometimes I feel that she has very little attraction to me at all, Never mind while dressed.

So I guess we don't have to worry about a crossdressers baby boom. There is noone who would want to help us reproduce.

Kerrie Sifton
02-10-2007, 08:53 AM
The feminine look is what attracts me, the illusion that there is a sexy girl out there is what I find attractive. So I like (love) girls. Therefore if it is a lovely CD or a TV, now what do you call this? I think tgforum has a term translesbian? Thus one needs to look at ones own feelings and determine the things they enjoy. If there's more to the package, then you need to decide just what you would do with it. I need to confess, any girl or gurl with great legs in a short pleated skirt continues to be a distraction.:2c:

Sarah Coleman
02-10-2007, 09:20 AM
I like women only. Now if only there were an understanding GG out there for me.

tvdave
02-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Until starting htm last year, i was very much hetero. After a few months i started thinking about sex with men and, while i haven't been there, would enjoy sexually gratifying a man.

MsJanessa
02-10-2007, 09:59 AM

Lou

the ones that I know tend to like other CDs as sexual partners as well as women---I suppose that makes Me and them bisexuals

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Just my wife. If I were a woman I would be a lesbian and wouldn't want any male advances. I do go to tri-ess and I believe that at least 90% of my sisters are strictly hetero but I am sure some have thought of the possibility of other things if they ever would present themselves in the right situation.

Danika
02-10-2007, 01:06 PM
this is a great thread. I personally don't identify with labels. Gay, bi, straight....I have to say that I am sexual and who that entails I engage with depends on the person. all in all it's who the person is and if the right situation presents itself I'm on board. All in all when it comes down to it I am first and foremost attracted to women. However I find most people beautiful in some way shape or form whether it be physical, mental or both.

I guess I don't really identify sexuality with gender. It's who the person is and I have opened myself up to enjoying all that life has to offer. This really came to light many many years ago when a best friend of mine committed suicide solely because he was gay and despite many efforts to talk through it with him he decided that was the way he was going to address things. He was the one and only sexual experience I had with another man, which I will say I enjoyed. However I don't look at men and think "wow he's hot". However if the opportunity presented itself I would act on it. I know though that I would certainly love the opportunity to be with another CD'er.

Live life, have fun and enjoy what you have experienced and experience what others have to share.

ashlee chiffon
02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
but we all share love of women's clothes or men's clothes...
sexual orientation is a separate subject then love of crossdressing, even though there are connections and interweavings of psychology....
look into yourself and see if you are attracted to men of Any form,shape,dress,look,mannerisms,with or without their born "bits", etc....if you are...then you are gay or bi courious...simple as that...whether you act on your attraction is then another matter, as we all have fantasies we don't act out and that goes to the imagination....

i also think there is a distinction between experimenting and repetitive acts...trying something *i always considered myself a "try-sexual"* to see if you like it is one thing...craving and acting out the sexual situation multiple times is another....
sometimes talking to another helps one think themselves out...might try that..
just my humble opinion...not worth much!:hugs:

Tammy T Lover
02-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I have always loved well dressed women and considered myself 100% hetero. IIn the past 2 years I have become more attracted to cd's and consider myself BiCurious. I would not sleep with another man but the right cd would be a different matter
XOXO Tammy