PDA

View Full Version : Heavy thought about change

Krystal Lee
02-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi girls,

Well I have a good friend that has gone down to Trinidad Co. for the big change of her life.

This has really caused me to ponder life changing choices! Personally, I had not ever thought the operation would appeal to me but knowing some one that is going through those steps at this very moment give pause for thought.

She told me just before she left that I would be joining her soon, as I was much further along at this point of my life, than she had been at the same point in hers.

That comment kind of bounced off at the time but seems to be percolating in more now.

Have many of you thought about making the ultimate change?

I must admit the thought is intriguing, mostly because I have never considered it realisticly before.

What are your thoughts? :eek:

Hugs Krystal

Joy Carter
02-05-2007, 03:15 PM
I know if I were thirteen today I would be asking for hormones. My life was painful becoming an adult male and trying to fit in to what was expected of me. There was always this gurl in the back of my head wanting to get out and exist. It's way to late for me, so I accept my transgendered-ness as the best I can do at my age and with my responsibility's. Hey, I find I can like myself even though I got second best. :D

Casey Morgan
02-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Krystal, you are not your friend and she is not you. What's right for her may or may not be right for you. That's all that really matters: what's right for you.

And much further along what? The path to being her or you? It's not a race, and your finish line (as it were) may be in a totally different place, or even a different point on your journey.

It sounds like her operation has you thinking about things. That's good. But the question is the same as it's been since Day 1. There's no logical imperative that if she had/is having the surgery that you must have it too, being similar and all.

Know your heart, know what it tells you.

Charolette time
02-05-2007, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=Krystal Lee;738113]Hi girls,

Well I have a good friend that has gone down to Trinidad Co. for the big change of her life.

This has really caused me to ponder life changing choices! Personally, I had not ever thought the operation would appeal to me but knowing some one that is going through those steps at this very moment give pause for thought.

She told me just before she left that I would be joining her soon, as I was much further along at this point of my life, than she had been at the same point in hers.

That comment kind of bounced off at the time but seems to be percolating in more now.

:2c: Ive often thought about it, but now having gone thru Breast Cancer, and not being able to take any kind of hormones, its just a lost dream, I guess I will have to be myself and live with the thoughts of what if, It will be your choice and what ever you do all your friends are there for you, :hugs: Charolette, God made us for what we are, and he is so forgiving,

Teresa Amina
02-05-2007, 07:21 PM
It's a weird road we travel, but even when it looks like someone elses it's still ours. Those other roads are parallel and very close so that sometimes it looks like that's where we're going too. But maybe not. It's intriguing, though, to think it really is possible. But possible isn't necessarily probable, or fitting.

Wendy me
02-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Krystal something you and only you would know if you were ready to do .. if some one has to coach you or tell you are heading that way... perhaps it's more of a sign your not ready for that....

tall_brianna
02-05-2007, 07:51 PM
I use to think I'd never do it. But I don't know... feels like there is a point at which there is no return. I originally ruled out any sort of physical change but it's a slippery slope and after laser hair removal and ear piercing.... I'm sliding down the hill but I've got a huge smile on my face. :)

I agree with the others that you need to do it because you want it. If your friend leading the way makes you realize that you really want it too than that's okay. Sometimes courage just requires an example. Bungee jumping takes courage but being that first person off the bridge requires maximum courage that many people can't find.

-b

SandyR
02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
For me no. I like who I am, a Cross dresser for sure, but I like the Guy part also. We are all different, and thats awesome. I wish your friend best wishes in her new life! And hope you find the answers your looking for.

Kisses....

SandyR

Juanita O
02-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Hi Ladies

Did you know that the doctor in Trinidad Colorado that does the operation to make you a female was once a GUY.

Nikki A.
02-05-2007, 08:14 PM
At this point in my life there is too much invested to even consider this. If I were much younger, no family and responsibilities and I felt what I feel now maybe I would give it some thought.

Joy Carter
02-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi Ladies

Did you know that the doctor in Trinidad Colorado that does the operation to make you a female was once a GUY.

Dr Marcy Bowers ! You wouldn't think to look at her male pictures she would be so pretty. She is in a lesbian relationship per a TV interview a few years back. You can read about her on the net.

jessie1
02-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh MY, I have thought about being a real woman all my life. I never really considered the big change, until recently as I find that so many people have and are doing it. I'm too old now,56, to much baggage, I guess. I don't think I have the energy at this point to go through ALL that. Younger, knowing what I know now, possibly,I wish I did.:doll: :doll:

Stephenie S
02-06-2007, 01:23 AM
Dear Jessie,

I am older than you (Don't even THINK of asking). There is no age at which you are too old until you are dead.

Lovies,
Steph

Krystal Lee
02-06-2007, 01:54 AM
Oh MY, I have thought about being a real woman all my life. I never really considered the big change, until recently as I find that so many people have and are doing it. I'm too old now,56, to much baggage, I guess. I don't think I have the energy at this point to go through ALL that. Younger, knowing what I know now, possibly,I wish I did.:doll: :doll:

Jessie,

Just for what it is worth my friend is ten years older than me and I am fifty two. Damn I hate to admit that!

Any way the thing is really not about our ages but our outlook on our life and how we want to live the rest of it.

I, as I know others have, have fantisized about this, but it was just that untill the possability slapped me in the face.

At this point I really don't feel the urge or draw of the total change but knowing it is possable and KNOWING it is possable are for me, two different things.

Years ago I would not have thought I would be dressing compleatly or going into public dressed but......

I think I am shaken somewhat by the total conversion possability!

Not even really sure what my point is to all this as I know each of our travels take us down a different road and ultimately we travel that road on our own.

I do appriciate all the thought that has gone into your replies. I think I just need to keep talking about this untill I get a handle on it that I can relate to.

Hugs Krystal