PDA

View Full Version : Walking Patterns

Dani's Secret
02-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Am I correct to assume that Wemon walk with thier "footprint" in more of a strait line? Do the legs not sweep over each step to the inside track giving a more narrow trail or profile?
I practice this walk a few nights a week in my heels collection for a couple hours because I need the practice and from my observasions wemon do walk differently than men do? Any input on this for the new girl?
The heels in my avatar were the toughest to practice with :heehee: but in my opinion the most fun.

marie354
02-06-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm not sure about all of that, my problem has been swaying my shoulders like a man when I walk. I've always had a bit of a wiggle in my rear.
I have seen models walk the runway, one foot in front of the other to accentuate the sway though.
Try placing a book on your head and learning to walk without it falling off.
Works good for keeping your back straight and your head up.

Still the natural swing of the arms when I walk without shoulder movement is a tough one for me. A dead give-away when walking, so my SO says, for me anyway.
:hugs:

Phyliss
02-06-2007, 04:30 AM
This site has been mentioned before:

http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html

I spent a bit of time studying it and have changed my way of walking a bit.

Takes awhile to have it come naturally. Watch other women walking in "normal" settings, ie grocery store, at the mall, on the sidewalk, etc.

Nigella
02-06-2007, 04:54 AM
Body shape make the difference

Its how the legs fit into the hip joint, and whilst you may be able to emulate the swing of a womans walk you wont get it perfect because of the shape of the hips.

TBH the walk is just a minute part of emulating women, the more you look at a woman, the more you realise that you have a long way to go. Today it may be the walk, tomorrow it is the voice, the day after, well as you can see, the list will go on.

Joy Carter
02-06-2007, 05:12 AM
I have heard (watched) women lead with their hips when they walk. With little or no upper body movement. Men lead with their upper body and no hip movement. Difficult to explain. But I'm sure you can find it on line some where. Another thing not all women walk the way you think they should. Some walk like men do.:heehee:

Brianna Lovely
02-06-2007, 05:27 AM
After reading several posts about how woman walk, I'd like to add my obsevastions.

Living in FL, the "normal" dress-code is shorts, slacks and jeans. Watching the younger girls, 12-17 age range, I'd say most of them walk like guys. It seems to me, that because they have grown up wearing jeans, their stride is longer, their feet point way to the outside as they walk, much like guys. This may be because they never had to wear dresses or skirts, thus no short steps/legs close together.

So, while the CDs are trying to walk like women, girls are walking like boys. Life is funny.

Sally24
02-06-2007, 07:09 AM
I find really tall heels interfere with my having a female walk. Low heels are enough to change the balance and work best for me. Foremost is practice, practice, practice.....

Sally

Karren H
02-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Go to the mall and watch the women walk... They are all different... And it depends on the shoes.. Heels force you to walk a certain way... But in trying to peg the fem walk, I think we all over do it!! And it probably gives us away more than anything... It isn't natural for males since our legs are attached closer together and it isn't intiuative....

So I just walk normally, with a shorter gate... And concentrate more on posture, hand movements and attitude.... Those are more important than the walk anyday, in my opinion...

Ohhhhh. And what Sally said........ Practice practice practice until your comfortalbe...

Love Karren

Cyndie
02-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Don't forget that what you do with your arms is also part of your walk. Men tend to walk with elbows out, moving their shoulders. Women tend to get their elbows closer to the body with less movement.

TTFN :hugs:
Cyndie

ManonJaree
02-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Some information about walking and wearing High Heels: http://internetdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm

susie evans
02-06-2007, 09:20 AM
absurve others slower than a male and practice

susie

Debbi
02-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Something that i have found that does wonders for your walk, is pointing your your feet straight ahead, or even better, slightly inward while walking. ( not TOO much inward, then you get the pigeon-toed look). try it when you are dressed with your favorite heels. walk normal and then turn in your feet inward, a little more and you will notice your hips reacting with that sexy sway.

Ashley1
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Karren has perhaps had more experience in walking in public than most of the members of this forum, and I agree with everything that she has said above. Try to be natural, confident and develop the other womanly traits that she has mentioned.

Kendra Irene
02-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Something that i have found that does wonders for your walk, is pointing your your feet straight ahead, or even better, slightly inward while walking. ( not TOO much inward, then you get the pigeon-toed look). try it when you are dressed with your favorite heels. walk normal and then turn in your feet inward, a little more and you will notice your hips reacting with that sexy sway.

A trick from my ballroom dancing days was to walk in what you may feel is like a "pigeon-toed" motion. Even tho it feels exaggerated, you will find that your feet are pointed straight. This can be practiced in male mode. If asked, just tell anyone that you've taken up ballroom dancing.
By the way, Rumba and cha-cha help the hip sway.:D

:love: Kendra

Robin Leigh
02-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Some information about walking and wearing High Heels: http://internetdump.com/users/jenny/wearing.htm

That's a great link, Manon. Thanks! I've saved it to my HD for future reference. Pity that it's a few years old, and some of the links no longer work, but the main article & exercises are excellent.

Robin

ManonJaree
02-08-2007, 02:49 PM
That's a great link, Manon. Thanks! I've saved it to my HD for future reference. Pity that it's a few years old, and some of the links no longer work, but the main article & exercises are excellent.

Robin

You're welcome. Have been looking for girly information since ages :rolleyes:.

janedoe311
02-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Some women and men when young conscientiously force themselves to walk in a specific manner. I have know 60 year old blacks that walked like a tough guy. Might have been a survival thing when he was a kid in the ghetto but it looks ridiculous in a 60 year old man.

Same with women if they get training (models, ballet or other dancing,) or exaggerate the swing in the hips, or walk one foot in front of the other, runway walk. For some women it is more “natural” depending on their structure. Walking one foot in front of another is not natural and does not really look all that good for normal walking. It does exaggerate the swing in the hips.

As mentioned go to the mall and look you will see all kinds of walks. Watch the hands and arms this is a tell tale sign. Men naturally hold their arms differently then women.
This shows up in the walk.

Sam-antha
02-08-2007, 03:17 PM
That bio-motion film from Phylis is wonderful, but just look at its various styles. Do not get it too fixed in your mind tho.
More important than that hip wag is the length of step and just as important is the speed of taking each step. Men walk slow long steps, women short fast ones. (Especially in heels.)
The arms too, elbows sort of in and the wrist sort of twisted out, but not too far, ...that is a difficult one.
Poise, confidence, balance and short steps are what matter. There is a different awareness of surroundings in the female attitude and the face is never quite as fixed (smileless) as in the male appearance.
Go, watch and then.... Go, walk and enjoy.
~Samm
Ps Heels or not heels... over an inch half is more requiring of confidence, over two, spike or not is about power walking and that needs real body language. if you are into that, please do not forget how to climb up or downstairs, even the single step of a bus or a train can be unforgiving. Tight skirt and heels and steps do attract attention
|~S~

KLUP
02-08-2007, 05:13 PM
I am new to this posting thing I have been crossdressing 1972 in 3rd grade.I have been on many occassions i walk like woman. Sometimes two or three times a month. One time at work i was walking right along aside a woman and one of the partsmen said you have the same walk. I do not pratice this walk it just comes nature.:2c: