PDA

View Full Version : The S.A.G.E. test is B.S.

AmberDay
02-01-2005, 01:53 AM
While breezing through a bunch of threads and posts, I came upon a 'sister' who was worried about the score they got on the S.A.G.E. (some test that determines your sexuality when it comes to gender and other variations.) Well I decided to give it a try. I spent about twenty minutes filling it out and when I got the results, I started laughing histerically. My wife came over to see what was so funny, and after she read my results she started laughing with me. Here is what the results said:

Your Raw Score is: -535, which indicates that overall you are Masculine
I agree.

Your appearance is Masculine
Again, I agree.

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.
And again, I agree.

You appear to socialize in a masculine manner.
Yet again, I agree.

You believe you have mild conflicts about your gender identity.
What the? I know I am a guy, I double checked not too long ago. And if given the choice of being 100% man or 100% woman, I'd pick to be a man. I love wearing the clothes and accessories of a woman, and honestly I am on the verge of entering stores now, but I know I am a guy. Even when dressed, I don't feel like a woman nor really act like one. I'll play computer and video games, watch Die Hard movies, build model airplanes, while I am wearing makeup and a short dress. Well I'll assume when they say I have conflicts about my gender identity, I'll take it as that I just crossdress.

Here is the punchline:
ANALYSIS:
Male to Female Transsexual, either post-operative or in transition
I never laughed so hard in my life! I fully support those that undergo hormones and surgery, and in the process of transitioning. I see them as the sisters on the frontlines. But I wonder how did this test think that I wanted to change my sex permantly? The first four statements that it gave about me said masculine (well one androgynous). Where did they get sex change from???? My advice is see what is in yourself, and not rely on a internet test (I also took an internet IQ test that gave me a super-genius IQ of about 245.--yea right).

For those others that took the test, was it really far off? really close? or in the middle?

Amber

DebbieThomas
02-01-2005, 08:23 AM
I know these tests are BS but Ive taken this one 6 to 8 times, all with pretty much the same results.

S.A.G.E. Test Results
Your Raw Score is: 570, which indicates that overall you are Feminine

Your appearance is Feminine
I agree

Your brain processes are mostly that of a Androgynous person.
I agree

You appear to socialize in a feminine manner.
I somewhat disagree with this one.

You believe you have serious conflicts about your gender identity.
totally agree

You indicated your were born Male.

ANALYSIS:
Male to Female Transsexual in doubt about your ability to successfully transition.
theres no doubts here Im a male and always will be. tho I would like to have some FFS done.

NOTES:
Your Answers indicate your psychological state has likely prevailed since you were quite young.
Duh!

Danny
02-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes, these "tests" that proliferate on the internet and elsewhere are certainly BS. Academic institutions create, and statistically validate tests that measure various components of personality, intelligence, etc., but they don't make them freely available on the internet.

Of couse, sometimes the urge to take an internet test is overwhelming and may provide some good laughs. Who could dislike a test that gives you an IQ score of 245? My kind of test!

Danielle1960
02-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Well the test are rather entertaining. However, I thought this one was to long. I guess that gives them the oppritunity to drop in more spyware into our computer as we take it. :mad:
But my spyware remover zapped it so I'm ok :D

Danielle :)

KayleighTV_UK
02-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Just wanted to add this..

I agree, the test is total cr@p, thats not the point i was trying to make,

It was the fact it made me think about a few things thats all.. and those things scared me.. made me look at myself from afar and think.. "who am i really? cos im not me am i?"

Its been 4 years since i could do that... and now im doing it, im finding who i am really... and what that test told me was what i was thinking.. thats what i ment..

Sorry to tag on the thread..

Kay

AmberDay
02-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Just wanted to add this..

I agree, the test is total cr@p, thats not the point i was trying to make,

It was the fact it made me think about a few things thats all.. and those things scared me.. made me look at myself from afar and think.. "who am i really? cos im not me am i?"

Its been 4 years since i could do that... and now im doing it, im finding who i am really... and what that test told me was what i was thinking.. thats what i ment..

Sorry to tag on the thread..

Kay

Sorry for not properly quoting you Kay, thank you for 'tagging' along on 'your' thread :) . I guess I can see your point about the test making you think. I guess if the first 4-5 things said I was femm, and then a transexual, I would probally be confused. My point delt with it saying I was pretty much all masculine, and yet a transexual. I apologize if I upset you.

Amber

Sweet Susan
02-02-2005, 01:49 AM
I stayed up way past my bedtime last night filling out that damn form. And you know what? When I finished and hit the I'm finished button, the itty bitty screen popped up, flashed out, and I never did find out what I am. What a fricken disappointment. Throughout the survey/test I found loads of incorrectly spelled words, poor grammar, and other follies. I'm not sure what to think about that test. As far as I'm concerned they can have my middle finger to look at for awhile. Susan

KayleighTV_UK
02-02-2005, 06:19 PM
Sorry for not properly quoting you Kay, thank you for 'tagging' along on 'your' thread :) . I guess I can see your point about the test making you think. I guess if the first 4-5 things said I was femm, and then a transexual, I would probally be confused. My point delt with it saying I was pretty much all masculine, and yet a transexual. I apologize if I upset you.

Amber

Its ok! you didint upset me! was just trying to clear it up thats all..

I can see your point, so its alright, alright?

Just confused me, made me think.. sorry to make it seem like i was having a moan or something like that, i ment no offence. :)

Hugs
Kayleigh