PDA

View Full Version : Going out: top tips

Amanda Shaft
02-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Next week my SO is away so it's going to be a full on 24/7 week for me. What I want to do is go out: to the shops, walk by the sea, just take the air! Although I've sneaked out before this will be the first time I expect to encounter other people so... you legends who go out all the time what are your top tips for me? What should I take? bag, mobile phone, purse, mace!? What time of day do you thinks best? Any other favoured locations to go? Any hints would be most welcome.
Yours, scaring herself already, Amanda

Karren H
02-06-2007, 08:53 AM
I love gooing out in the morning best.... Things move a little slower.. And I can relax... As far as what to take... Besides your clothing, accessorize... Accessorize... Accessorize!!! Jewelry, rings, necklace, bracelets, fem watch, I love scarves.... If its windy or chilly, fen hat, fem gloves, purse stuffed with everything you SO has plus you wallet.... And take money, and change for meters, and soda machines.... Small bottle of hair spray, perfume... Can't go out with a signature scent!!! GGs don't!! Don't forget to paint your nails.. Or apply false ones... Take a few extra fake nails incase of an accident.. Take along extra makeup in your purse and your digital camera!!!

Also important to take a change of male clothing incase of an auto accident or some unforsceene event you may want to change back... Include some premoisened make removing wipes.... A bottle of watter and a towel...

So plan the work and work the plan... But above all have fun!!!

Love Karren

Ohhhh and one last tip - put a couple straws in your purse... If you stop for a bottle of soda ... Nothing will smear your lipstick like drinking from a bottle... Use the straws!!

susie evans
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
CD....101.... by karren very good advice i would also take a small tri-pod for the camera [i learned that from karren also]sounds like your hooked like the rest of us now have funn:heehee: :heehee:

susie

Joy Carter
02-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh they all have forgotten. "MONEY"! You never know when you might run into a sale. PS. Look confident, Walk like you own the place, And above all smile.:D

PaulaJaneThomas
02-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Wear a low heel you can walk comfortably in. Hold your head up high. Relax. Don't worry about getting read because nobody will give a monkey's anyway.

laura47
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I have read several post here that suggest a “dress & drive” or crowded shopping areas.
I am looking forward to my 1st outing but working on the “fear factor” !
My wardrobe is coming together just fine and I have purchased a bunch of makeup but I still lack the skills required to make it work. I applaud any / all of you that can apply makeup correctly and in a timely manor.

Sandra
02-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Wear a low heel you can walk comfortably in. Hold your head up high. Relax. Don't worry about getting read because nobody will give a monkey's anyway.

....and smile

marie354
02-06-2007, 10:19 AM
....and smile

Yes! Look at Karren Hutton... That smile says everything.
I can't imagine anyone questioning her femininity.
:hugs:

PaulaJaneThomas
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
....and smile

I always look like I'm smiling but actually it's wind :GD: :wm:

Kimberly
02-06-2007, 11:54 AM
If you don't mind other people, they won't mind you I think is the best advice I can give... Just be aware you should be dressing appropriatly for what you're doing. No LBDs for just going for a walk (unless it's a jumper dress with tights), otherwise you will be looked at! A lot!!

xx

Chloe' Buffington
02-06-2007, 12:54 PM
I am planning a trip to a transgendered friendly club in the near future. I have all the stuff I need except the courage and confidance, that should come with practice, ie; walking in heels and doing my makeup. The fear of rejection is there and we can pull this off and have a good time too, Good Luck Honey you already look the part.

Chloe' :D

JeanneF
02-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Just try your best not to be nervous (which is rather tough, I know). If you're confident and act like you belong, people will react accordingly. This rule applies pretty much everywhere in life, regardless of how you're dressed. It's why rock stars can wear t-shirts and torn jeans to swank restaurants without a problem.

Based on your avatar, I don't think passability will be a problem, so confidence will be the big challenge, and that only gets better with practice. Even if you do get read, the odds of someone saying something negative a very slim. I've always received only positive responses.

Oh, and the keeping a change of boy clothes in the trunk of the car, just in case, is a good idea.

Amanda Shaft
02-10-2007, 04:54 AM
Thanks for all that advice, I'm going to take it all in and give it a bash! My SO has dearted now so I think I'll spend today and tomorrow enfem just getting used to it all before stepping out on Monday! I've just been up to the shops and bought a new handbag, a fem watch and some new make up. I'll post a picture of my going out gear just before I leave, any more tips send them on!
Thanks again regards Amanda x

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Wow, if you are going to have a week of pure joy why not schedule a make over and get your nails done also. I have not been able to dress for more than a day at a time but a makeover and nails would be well worth the expense to have this for a whole week. Good luck and let us know how it goes

Drucilla
02-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I also suggest you place a card in a prominent place in you wallet (similar to a medical emergency card) that gives instructions in case of a problem. Mine says that I am a cross dresser ,that my family does not know about this and ask the reader to please destroy all female clothing ,etc in the event of an accident or medical problem. Not sure it would actually work out that way but it does give me some piece of mind. When I drive dressed, I put a similar note on the sun visor just in case. Your instructions maybe different depending on how open you are with your dressing but I think the concept would help people understand the situation better in an emergency.

Butterfly Bill
02-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Avoid Drunks and Darkness. Like Karren said, morning is nice, or anytime in the daytime. Think: if what you are thinking of wearing were on an attractive GG, would she get noticed and stared at? ( no overly sexually suggestive attire) Would a GG feel comfortable walking where you are alone? Avoid places with large numbers of teenagers or elementary school aged children. Seek out places with liberal and intelligent people.

MJ
02-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Anthea is right
I think the best thing is to blend into the situation wherever you are. Look at the woman at the mall or the place you are going and dress like them, do not over dress so that you will draw attention. I always try to look smart without being under or over dressed. Dress like a woman of your age is also important.

now a low heel is important for comfort, when walking remember to keep your back straight head up , and a little smile relax and enjoy yourself.

one more thing you will notice the the woman tend to smile at you , it does not mean you have been read it's just something they do don't know why but you will notice it, go out there and enjoy yourself...