PDA

View Full Version : My grandparents know!

pocoyo
02-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Meeeep!

My mum told me today that she'd told my grandparents about me being transgender :eek:

Apparently they were going ooonn and oooonnn about thinking I am anorexic from when they saw me at Christmas (I mean wtf? I was even a bit podgy over christmas!)
She kept saying "uh no... it's not that...."
But they kept saying "are you sure? youngsters these days are really good at hiding eating disorders..."
So in the end she gave in and said "no, the reason she (haha she) is being slim and losing weight is because she doesn't like having curves and feeling female..." and explained that I'm really confused and often feel like I would prefer to be a boy.

OMG.... how could she tell them?!

BUT instead of hating me , (like I thought they would)... apparently they were just really sad for me having to feel like that, and were saying "but she makes such a stunning girl... how could she not want to be that?"

So ... how embarrasing.... but what a RELIEF that they don't hate me!!!
One of my biggest things is that "If I transition... will my family all hate me and think I'm weird?!" ... that's actually how I found out, mum and I were having an in depth discussion about my gender thingy and I wailed "but if I transition theeeyy''d haaaate meeee" and she said with a knowing smile... "He [grandad] wouldn't hate you...."
And I KNEW she'd told them then. I said "er... how do you know... why are you smiling?".....

I spoke all chirpily to my grandad on the phone earlier.... (now that I'm less shy I can do things like that more hehe... thanks in a large part to you guys!) Lucky I didn't know he KNEW at that time... or I would have been all shy and stuttery!

Holly
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Poc, I'm happy for you, dude. That must be quite a load off your mind knowing that there is acceptance there in your family. Now what?

pocoyo
02-06-2007, 08:55 PM
It actually really is! Thank you :happy:

Now what? Uuhh... I dunno... I kinda had some huge discussions tonight... and I'm supposed to be giving my mind a rest and not thinking too much about being TG for a little while, maybe a week or so (even though that's ridiculously hard).

(My mum wasn't being mean by suggesting I don't think about being TG... she was just trying to help me relax because she saw how confused and upset I was today!)

RevMoonSerpent
02-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm glad things turned out really well for you Poc but, I have to say that your mom outing you without your permission is something that usually isn't done. If it were me I would have been pretty upset. You seem to be so understanding about those types of things I on the other hand would have had a long nasty argument over it.
Still things turned out ok in the end so there is a good side to this. :D

pocoyo
02-06-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm glad things turned out really well for you Poc but, I have to say that your mom outing you without your permission is something that usually isn't done. If it were me I would have been pretty upset. You seem to be so understanding about those types of things I on the other hand would have had a long nasty argument over it.
Still things turned out ok in the end so there is a good side to this. :D

Haha actually that IS a bit naughty isn't it?
In a normal situation I would have been cross I think.
I do like to keep my private life PRIVATE! But the thing is I think that I'm not cross because it's such a relief that they're not hating me. Made me think "oh ... so perhaps other family members won't hate me either..."
Also... I think she only told them because when they get hold of an idea they just won't let it go and it was probably doing her head in, them thinking I was anorexic when I'm blatantly not. Silly things. She probably didn't want them to be all worried for no reason either.
Still... would have been nice if she'd asked me first.
Yes. She should have really. Especially as I am such a shy and private person.
Oh well... like you said... at least there is a really good part too :happy:

Charleen
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
All's well that ends well! That's the bottom line. I would mention to your Mom to talk to you first starting NOW before she says anything to anyone else. Love and xxxx, Lily

pocoyo
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
All's well that ends well! That's the bottom line. I would mention to your Mom to talk to you first starting NOW before she says anything to anyone else. Love and xxxx, Lily

Hehe cool :D
Yes... good plan!
(Maybe because I have been rather open about it myself lately she thought it would be ok... still should have checked though eh?!)
Thanks Lily :happy:

kerrianna
02-06-2007, 09:33 PM
You see? This is why I don't tell my mom! Course my mom would have blabbed it within 2 days of knowing without even feeling pressured like your mom did. It actually sounds like you have a pretty cool mom, even if she did kinda slip up.

I just can't see ANYONE hating you Pocs, especially for something you have been born with. It's not like you decided to upset the apple-cart just to be a troublemaker.
It sounds like they'll love you no matter what.

If they think you make a stunning girl, just wait til they see what a marvelous boy you'll be. :happy:

Another step along the journey Pocs...good luck. :hugs:

pocoyo
02-06-2007, 09:38 PM
You see? This is why I don't tell my mom! Course my mom would have blabbed it within 2 days of knowing without even feeling pressured like your mom did. It actually sounds like you have a pretty cool mom, even if she did kinda slip up.
Hehehe naughty Kez's mom!
Yeah she's so sweet. She has been so nice and so good about this.
She even admitted today that half of her is wondering whether she should just go "Oh alright then..." and take me out to buy a load of boy's clothes lol! (She did also hurt my feelings though when I said I've been trying hard to be girly and she looked at me and went "I don't THIINK soo!"... but I MEANT by growing my hair and sometimes wearing make up and stuff. She hasn't seen me very girly for ages though. I will give that a try when she next comes round).

I just can't see ANYONE hating you Pocs, Awwww thanks!!
Yeah but I'm not so open and friendly with everyone. Some people I am awkward and shy in front of. So they might not really know the real me.

especially for something you have been born with. It's not like you decided to upset the apple-cart just to be a troublemaker.
It sounds like they'll love you no matter what.
Yes... I so wouldn't do that! (Be an apple-cart upsetting trouble-maker lol),
Hehe thank you! :bighug:

If they think you make a stunning girl, just wait til they see what a marvelous boy you'll be. :happy:
Thank you... I REALLY, really needed to hear that tonight :) :happy: :love:

Another step along the journey Pocs...good luck. :hugs:

Thanks so much lovely.
xxxxxxxxx

bi_weird
02-06-2007, 09:48 PM
DuuuuuUDE CONGRATS! That's awesome that they're cool with it!

pocoyo
02-06-2007, 10:04 PM
.......... :D !
Thankee, thankee!

CaptLex
02-07-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm with the Rev. on this one - I would have flipped out if my mom did that, and she'd know that and never tell me she did, even if I confronted her. She'd lie about it, I'm sure. But it seems like you have a much better relationship with yours, and I can understand that she felt this would help you (mine would have probaby just done it to gossip). Anyway, she probably felt like she was in the middle of you and your grandparents, and did what she thought was best. In any case, I'm glad your grandparents still love you (how could anyone hate YOU?). And you do make a stunning girl, but I think you're even cuter as a boy. :kiss:

Abraxas
02-07-2007, 02:18 AM
I'm very happy for you, Pocs. It seems your family is an understanding bunch, and that's fabulous. Big smiles all round, mate!

Evert
02-07-2007, 02:30 AM
:Party: Congrats Poco!

Awesome they react this way! Yeah! :D

dods460
02-07-2007, 02:40 AM
lol, I can't believe how different our situations are, my mom wants to keep everything under her hat and she's freak out by who I'm gonna come out to:heehee: . This is a great step, because now they can use the right pronouns... dude:thumbsup:

Kate Simmons
02-07-2007, 02:41 AM
I suspect my Grandparents knew about me when I stayed with them before I got married for a couple of years, especially my Grandmother. I always kept my "stash" in a suitcase under my bed. They never mentioned it, even though I picked up on a few hints from time to time. How cool was that?:happy:

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-07-2007, 03:25 AM
well plzed for u hun :hugs: its a start, and you are who ur, as long as ur happy that should be main concern :love:

Sheila
02-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Poc,
glad they took it well, and you for not freaking over the fact that your mum told em, good on you:love:

Jess

pocoyo
02-07-2007, 07:55 AM
Capt - yeah probably felt in the middle and couldn't handle it 'cos she's got her own stuff going on at the moment. And as she's staying with them atm they probably were going on ALL the time haha! Awwww thank you :o yay!

Abraxas - hehe woo! Thanks dude :happy:

Evert - yahoo! :D thanks bud!

dods - Ahh.... that's a shame (unless you feel the same). yeah that would be cool if they considered that :) Erm well to SOME people mum is like "shhhh" in front of but... yeh lol! Thank you!

Salandra - yeah that's well cool. :D Go grandparents eh?!

Wicked - awww :hugs: thank you :koc:

Jess - hehe thanks very much! :happy:

Cheers all of yas :love:

GinaVegas
02-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Good for you Pocoyo!

pocoyo
02-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Cheers Gina! :)

Kimberley
02-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I think it is good for you that they know. How they found out is a bit of a paradox in my opinion. First I'm not so sure that your mum should have been the one to tell them but on the other hand, it seems to show some acceptance by her.

Hmmmm. Maybe you rolled doubles?

:hugs:
Kimberley

Felix
02-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Poc I'm pleased for ya hun it's good to have some acceptance now while ya still on ya journey :hugs: xx Felix

MJ
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
poc
has a girl you are drop dead gorgeous, and as a boy you make me proud to know you mate, now they know, you should be free to be you .
your friend
mj

pocoyo
02-08-2007, 06:02 AM
Thank you Kimbs, Felix and MJ :happy:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: