PDA

View Full Version : Beat Up Legs

Jannette H
02-07-2007, 12:18 PM
+? Do any of you ladies have good ideas on how to cover up legs and shins that have clipped pallets laying on the floor and boxes that have skinned lower legs. Mine have been marked up real good from work. I think I've tried every thing I have.

Karren H
02-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I have a large and nasty scar on my knee from a roller hockey mishapp... And I just use foundation that matches my legs. Under nylons you can't even see it! And you may want to try multiple pais of nylons... Or really dark ones or tights...

Karren

Angie G
02-07-2007, 12:46 PM
my shins aealways beat up but not that bad make-up helps :hugs:
Angie

marie354
02-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I have a large and nasty scar on my knee from a roller hockey mishapp... And I just use foundation that matches my legs. Under nylons you can't even see it! And you may want to try multiple pais of nylons... Or really dark ones or tights...

Karren

:iagree: My legs are banged up a bit from just about the same thing, and that's what I do. Even off-black hose works good. Unless you get up-close and personal with my legs, you'd hardly notice.
If I wear tan hose... A little makeup goes a long way.
I have a couple of tattoos that I cover up when I wear something sleevless.
Try L'Oreal. They have a chart right on the rack, and you can match the color really easy.
:hugs:

Phyliss
02-07-2007, 12:48 PM
The main reason I don't "go bare legged" is these pins ain't pretty. If I'm going to wear a pair of light stocking in sheer or nude I use, Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup, in medium/ deep #07. It helps cover a whole bunch of scrapes and scratches that have left permenant reminders.
Mostly I'll wear taupe or almost black stockings, unless the color just doesn't go right.

Krystenw
02-07-2007, 12:49 PM
I gotta agree with Karen. At 57 my legs are pretty hammered. I have gone with the heavy tights in the winter (sometime 2 or 3 depending on how cold it is) and several pair of panty hose in the summer.
I get mine at Wallmart. If you take care of them they last a lot longer then pantyhose.

Jannette H
02-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Thank you Karren. I should have thought of that. I didn't think of makeup.

sixstringplayer_58
02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
my shins aealways beat up but not that bad make-up helps :hugs:
Angie

my legs look pretty nice for 58 and i do have one scar on my right leg but nylons cover it up a pic some of these days andu girlies will just have to eat your heart out heheheheheheheheheh GLENDA:love:

Karren H
02-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Thank you Karren. I should have thought of that. I didn't think of makeup.

Well I should have worn my hockey shin pads too!!! Lol. Maybe you need to invest in a pair? Keep anything sles from happening? They might not look too bad under nylons! Hehe

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
02-07-2007, 01:33 PM
I have a female cat that still has her front claws, So have little claw marks here and there on my legs. I don't let it bother me either. Last time someone asked I told them I have cats and their reaction was "Oh OK". LOL

Stephenie S
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
I know that many wear stockings because you like the way it feels, but one of the main reasons for wearing pantyhose or hose in general is to make the legs look better. Try to find a shade that best camoflages the defect.

Lovies,
Steph

marie354
02-07-2007, 01:55 PM
I have a female cat that still has her front claws, So have little claw marks here and there on my legs. I don't let it bother me either. Last time someone asked I told them I have cats and their reaction was "Oh OK". LOL

Check in the cat supplies dept in Walmart. They have clippers made for this with instructions on how far you can cut them back. You'll have to do it every 3-4 weeks to keep them up. (cat pedicure?) Then unless they swat you really hard, it's not a problem. It really helps when they pad your belly too. The claws don't prick the skin.

SherriePall
02-07-2007, 02:18 PM
I have used foundation to cover some of the blue around my ankles from my veins. Works well, especially when I wear Hanes Alive pantyhose in Little Color.

Daintre
02-07-2007, 03:33 PM
You may want to try an off black support hose, they are very opaque and as a bonus your legs feel great

Cassy11
02-07-2007, 03:38 PM
It seems that everything I bump into leaves a mark. Leggs Sheer Energy in Taupe work well for me.

Paulacder
02-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I have always ben told by people that I have feminin Leggs, even when not Dressed, and for this I am very greatful. So what happens, Motorcycle Accident, and what's the first thing that gets skinned up, You guessed it Leggs and Arms. As I was lying in the back of the ambulance, I looked down at my bleeding legg, and all I could think of was, Will it leave a scar, And, Will it show if I wear a Mini Skirt.:o

Jocelyn Quivers
02-08-2007, 12:34 PM
I also have very deep and ugly scars on my legs. What's kind of ironic is when I got them. When I was younger and played high school and college football I had no scars what so ever on my legs.

The past couple of years I've just gotten very clumsy and have created scars that are still visible even after wearing 2 pairs of hose. I've tried wearing foundation to cover them but it often gets smeared all over the hose I'm wearing. I have recently considered looking into laser scar removal.

Jocelyn

suzy
02-08-2007, 12:47 PM
:D Simple... foundation and pantyhose or tights...:D

marie354
02-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I also have very deep and ugly scars on my legs. What's kind of ironic is when I got them. When I was younger and played high school and college football I had no scars what so ever on my legs.

The past couple of years I've just gotten very clumsy and have created scars that are still visible even after wearing 2 pairs of hose. I've tried wearing foundation to cover them but it often gets smeared all over the hose I'm wearing. I have recently considered looking into laser scar removal.

Jocelyn

After the foundation sets for a bit, apply some loose powder and the hose should slide without smearing. A good guality foundation helps too.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-08-2007, 01:05 PM
After the foundation sets for a bit, apply some loose powder and the hose should slide without smearing. A good guality foundation helps too.

Thanks for the suggestion I will give it a try. Jocelyn