PDA

View Full Version : Quality time

cindybarnes
02-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Im not one to start many new threads but thought I would share a little about the great weekend I recently had .
My wife and I drove up to Cincinatti to a friends annual 3 day- night CD/TG party. This was my 3rd time attending but the first time my wife came with. She has been out with me as Cindy a few times before and had fun but I wasnt sure how she would react to the realy diverse group that attended. There were a couple that came from the UK, a couple from Canada, and 1 girl from South America,, love the accents LOL Well I was happy to see how easy she fit right in and made friends, even on Sat eve when the dressing theme was sort of a fetish /PVC theme (no Cindy doesnt do PVC ) .
I guess what made this trip even better was that my wife got to know some of my friends over the weekend, and has a little more understanding of why I enjoy getting together with everyone. Just saying hi in a club or seeing hundreds at SCC is just not the same as this was.
One thing that made me feel good was when she told me if I wouldnt tense up in front of people they would realy have to stare a while to make me out as a CD. I still am nervous about trying to pass and did tense up when getting on and off the elevator at the hotel,,, I guess I just need more practice with that *S*
I hope to post a few pics from the party but am waiting for everyone to put theirs up in the group photo area,,, so far the ones I see of me should be deleted LOL.
So I may not get out as often as I used to but sure do enjoy it when I do !

Cindy

Paulacder
02-08-2007, 06:46 AM
Cindy, You absolutely look great and should have no trouble passing. You'r thread caught my eye because I am also from the Cincinnati area. As everyone knows this ol' Town is fairly conservitive, however the Crossdressing comunity seems to thrive quite nicely. Glad you enjoyed you'r trip and do come back.

Andrea Nicole
02-08-2007, 07:09 AM
Cindy,
Did you happen to meeet a girl named Tina, a very good friend of mine.
Huggs,
Andi ...

Karren H
02-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Lucky girl!!!

Karren

Sherlyn
02-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Cindy thats awesome ..Im soooo glad for you ..and to read a Cindy Barnes thread is always powerful insight ...I DO HEAR you about the tensing up part ..I get told that by Di at times ..I mostly do it when I spot or someone spots me who know's me in drab...so far so good tho :hugs:

susie evans
02-08-2007, 10:57 AM
i'am happy for you sounds like a great vacation :hugs:

susie

cindybarnes
02-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks Paula! Yes there seems to be quite the CD comunity in Cincinatti ,I think the Hotel many of us stayed at knows that now too :-) I hope to keep going back as often as Im invited !

Andrea,, this Tina ? *S*
http://cindy8082002.com/friends/Emmas07036.jpg

Karen, Thanks ! I wish I had as many adventures as you do tho ! And oh yea,, be proud of me, I took slacks but only wore skirts :-)

Sherlyn, Thanks sis ! It was some much needed Cindy time !! Im pretty sure nobody recognised me 8 hours from home LOL

Susie, thanks ! Life can sure be boaring after getting back to reality tho *S*

Cindy

Michellemarie
02-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds like a fun weekend and to share it with your wife makes it even better ... and by the looks of your picture ,, i would take a double take ....because you look Stunning .......VERY pasable in my book ,,,I like the way you wear your hair pulled up in the back

cindybarnes
02-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks Michelle ! My wife comming with AND having a great time did make the weekend that much more fun. It also keeps the door open for future events :)

Cindy

Andrea Nicole
02-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Cindy,
Yes, that is my friend Tina. We met years ago at a Be-All convention in Cinci. We have been friends ever since.
Huggs,
Andi ....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/AndiNic/a071.jpg

robyn1114
02-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Sounds like a wonderful time

Phoebe Reece
02-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a great outing Cindy. You don't have to go so far away though to meet up with some other CD's and their wives. There are good group meetings going on right here in Atlanta.

Glenda58
02-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Cindy dear you pass. You look great. Remember you only have your fear to fear.

cindybarnes
02-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Robyn, yes it realy was great !

Pheobe, I know there is usualy something going on here in town, Im a Southern Bell member so see the socials posted, not realy meetings but get-togethers, but I have turned into a homebody LOL Last time out here was to see Deidra and friends Gaby and Rachael for drinks and chat,, last July I think.

Gelinda thanks hun,,maybe someday I will loosen up and go with it *S*

Cindy

Tina Dixon
02-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Looks like a nice time, all ways good to read some of you gals times of being out and how you really feel.

Deidra Cowen
02-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Sounds like a very fun road errr I mean Tranny Trip! I am very happy for you that your wife had fun too Cindy.

Marcie Sexton
02-09-2007, 06:51 AM
I am really happy that you can get away for an enjoyable weekend...

My only problem is...I wasn't there too...You look good to me...

Michelia
02-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Congratulations!

How did this group get started? How did become so diverse with people coming in from everywhere?

It sounds like such a fun idea.

Michelia

uknowhoo
02-09-2007, 09:53 AM
That's so cool, cindy, I'm so happy for you. If there's one thing better than a girly weekend, it's a nice girly weekend with a supportive wife. Thanx for posting. ;) Tammi

Angie G
02-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Sounds like a great time was had thats good hun :hugs:
Angie

Tracy Lynn
02-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Cindy,
Glad you and your wife had a good time. You look great in the pictures BTW.