PDA

View Full Version : I need help! sizes and beauty tips

DJ Hill
02-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I am 18 and live in Burlington Ontario and looking for someone to help me out with my fantasy! I am looking for help with sizes and beauty tips!

Karren H
02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Well you are being pretty vague on this whole fantasy thing!! We need more information.. Pluss hope you have a considerable amount of money... Or your parents do? Crossdressing isn't a cheap sport you know?? Hehe

Karren

tommi
02-08-2007, 12:25 PM
The money is a huge issue ,getting a job would be a good place to start.

Tracy_Victoria
02-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Also Another thing newbies tend to forget, is our things are personal to us, ie we are not a loan club, as much as it nice to help a fellow CDer out, most of us (well I certainly don't, and I know others that feel the same) don't loan my items if thats what your looking for! I don't even borrow from, or loan stuff even to my wife! (though if she did ask to borrow that would be different)

As Karren say this hobby isn't cheap, and it's not like loaning a lawn mower to someone. ie we buy things for our use not others so be careful because I would feel ofended if I found out someone local looking for friendship was just looking for a free makeover.

Start slowly and build a few bits up, check the charity shops out, tell them your going to a fancy dress party, or loan a costume from a hire shop. we All started just like you are now, and just like building a house, you need to build your fantasy, one brick at a time!

Good Luck!

marie354
02-08-2007, 12:33 PM
As Karren has said... Dressing like a girl is expensive. did you ever meet one that wasn't.
A nice dress, for example, can cost 100 US dollars or more. (Usually more.)
:hugs:

Karren H
02-08-2007, 01:05 PM
A nice dress, for example, can cost 100 US dollars or more. (Usually more.)

WOW!!! You need to go to Value City like I do, MArie!!

:D

Karren

marie354
02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
WOW!!! You need to go to Value City like I do, MArie!!

Karren

I don't know Karren... There is a bridal shop down the street from me and I am concidering being fitted for some type of nice gown. You know the kind of shop... No prices on anything... Fittings by appointments only.
I walk by there almost every day and it's very tempting to get a really nice one. "If I only had a brain... A heart... A home... Da nerve...."
I still really big on "Da nerve" part.

Tina B.
02-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Not sure anyone can help you with your fantasy, but as for sizes, get out a tape messure, and pick up a good catalog, that has womens clothes, and even a lot of online shops can help with this. somewhere in the catalog there will be a section to show messurements and sizes, go for waist and chest, hip generaly take care of themself, since most women have more hip than a guy does. as for Bra size, just remember if you want to pass, don't go over board for you shape, but if it is pure fantasy you are looking for, anything that you can wear that does not topple you over is good. and as to style, just look around at the avatars here, there is a lot of choices and not one of them is wrong, especially as long as we are talking fantasy!
Tina B.

DJ Hill
02-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I have money and everything like that I just need someone around the Halton Region who can help me out in person right now it is fantasy until i leave my parents since there are homophobic. I need somebody who understands my wants. I just need help with becoming a CD. Money is not an issue.

Tina Dixon
02-09-2007, 08:34 AM
I have money and everything like that I just need someone around the Halton Region who can help me out in person right now it is fantasy until i leave my parents since there are homophobic. I need somebody who understands my wants. I just need help with becoming a CD. Money is not an issue.
I would say then look for that crossdressing shop closes to you and go get a transformation done, then if you like it enough where it home, I did:D

Kate Simmons
02-09-2007, 09:20 AM
It figures DJ, you live so far away. I'm always offering to help people out and my TG girl friends and I have sort of a clothing co-op. I enjoy helping other gals in their transformations so they can come up with their own style. Just a friendship thing, you know?:happy:

MJ
02-09-2007, 11:08 AM
hey DJ
well i live in Hamilton just around the bend from you, and you did not say what you wanted to do. what is your fantasy we need details , and as the replies have said
1 . it's not too expensive
2. it takes time to perfect the "look"
3. tell us your measurements and shoe size in mens then we can help you

i guess you are just starting in to cross dressing , do you know that once you start you can not stop ever and thats your choice?
fashion max as great deals skirts for $3.00 each dresses from $10.00
shoes from pay less
oh and a new group for crossdressers and trans people and there S.O to go to for help and advice and a common safe place to just be who you are in downtown Hamilton

OK after i said all that my advice is don't do it, you will be sorry :D
hugs

ps... why on earth would you want to become a crossdresser ???? i don't get it

DJ Hill
02-09-2007, 11:41 AM
I am 44 waist. 32 length. I also where 11.5 shoes. I have 49inch chest and where XXL tops

Karren H
02-09-2007, 11:51 AM
It figures DJ, you live so far away. I'm always offering to help people out and my TG girl friends and I have sort of a clothing co-op. I enjoy helping other gals in their transformations so they can come up with their own style. Just a friendship thing, you know?:happy:

You never offered me any help!! What ya have in your closet that I could borrow??? Hmmmmm?

Love Karren

I am 44 waist. 32 length. I also where 11.5 shoes. I have 49inch chest and where XXL tops

Well I'd say step one in your fantasy would be to go to the gym and work out.... Your a big girl!!! If your going to persue this sport you have to be inshape!!! Plus its better for your long term health anyway!!! In my opinion.......

Love Karren

DJ Hill
02-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I am big boned not fat. i do have a beer gut which I want to get rid of. But besides all that I would like to know my women sizes pls. I am a military officail so I loose alot of wieght when I am working.

amanda barber
02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Your 18, live at home and a military official. Your not fat but you lose alot of weight when working?

Can you back up and start over for those of us that can't make sense of that?
Anyways an 11.5 shoe (if its a US size) is about a 13-14 womens size.
probably a 4x-28/32w top, 24/26w skirt

Money isn't really an issue. Womens cloths don't cost anymore then mens close really, and GOOD mens clothes cost more.

Kali
02-12-2007, 12:28 PM
I have a 52" chest and a 42" waist. For tops, 26/28 usually fit right, 30/32 are huge on me, sometimes 24's fit correctly. Since I don't try stuff on in stores, I generally buy 26/28. For skirts/pants/leggings, etc I rarely go larger than 22 for a nice fit. 22/24 marked items tend to be a little large.

I try to find Tall sizes, whenever possible. My height tends to give tops 3/4 length sleeves whether they were designed that way or not. ;) But tall sizes have longer torsos.

I wear a mens 12 or 13 shoe depending upon brand and type. I have womens shoes in sizes running from 12-15; once again, brand and style seems to make a huge difference.

DJ Hill
02-12-2007, 02:44 PM
What I mean is that I dont really do any physical except for BMQ stuff. I am just started out in the military. I am planing to become a line technicain in the 705 Communication Sqaudrion out of Hamilton. Thank you for the sizes. Um the girl from Hamilton I was wondering if we could go shopping together one time. So I could get some help with colors and other things. You girls are the best!