PDA

View Full Version : i don't know what to say to his mom

JoJoGG
02-08-2007, 08:06 PM
If she would ever ask what i got him for valintines day. I can't very well tell her i got him a new top and nightie. She knows he dresses but isn't crazy about it and doesn't like to talk about it.

So what would you say in this case?

:love:

marie354
02-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Oh that's easy. Just tell them that you cooked him up a great dinner and suprised with a new shirt.
:hugs:

JoJoGG
02-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Then she'd want to see the shirt. She always asks to see what we got each other.

Cherry Lynn
02-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Tell her the truth. If you are comfortable with his dressing is what is important considering you are married to him. She should want her son to be happy.

MJ
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
the truth shall set you free, "his" mom may not be happy but at least she knows

EricaCD
02-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Tell her "It's personal." Then blush. She'll get the idea that further inquiries would not be a good idea.

susie evans
02-08-2007, 08:53 PM
just tell her it's a secret :heehee:

susie

Breanne
02-08-2007, 08:55 PM
If she would ever ask what i got him for valintines day. I can't very well tell her i got him a new top and nightie. She knows he dresses but isn't crazy about it and doesn't like to talk about it.

"My love and a Valentine's Card."

Alice460
02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Tell her the truth. If she knows that you support him it might make her more comfortable with the situation. She knows he is not going to change and you might help him with her by telling the truth.

Tina B.
02-08-2007, 10:03 PM
what ever you give him, throw in a box of candy, that you can share, then that is the only thing you need to talk about.
I get lots of femme things for holidays, but we only talk about the guy stuff, it covers the "what did you give him" and I make out like a bandit, and feel really loved because she goes to so much effort to show her love. But then knowing she buys both for my male self and my female side, I really have to take good care of her when I shop for her.
Tina B.

Glenda58
02-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Tell her you had a romantic dinner and went to bed early. That should stop her asking what you got him.

sterling12
02-09-2007, 12:23 AM
I think I would say something like: "I got ____ something personal." "If he wants to tell you about it, that's up to him."

That's probably not really diplomatic, but it's the truth! If he wishes to tell his Mom about his present, that's between the two of them.

To be sure, let him know what you told Mom. He really needs to know what's going on, in case she asks him point blank and he's unaware of what has or has not been said already. Otherwise, like I said...it's between the two of them.

Peace and Love, Joanie

PaulaJaneThomas
02-09-2007, 04:37 AM

I'd tell her the truth. If she can't handle it, tough. :devil:

Lisa Golightly
02-09-2007, 05:15 AM
Perhaps in a more diplomatic vein than the learned badger above me I would suggest something on the lines of 'Something you would rather I did not talk about.'. :) You could add 'Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more, a nods as good as a wink to a blind bat...corrrrr strewth!'... etc ;)

Sandra
02-09-2007, 05:22 AM
It's got nothing to do with her what you bought him but if you want to tell her should she ask then tell her the truth. Don't lie just because she has a problem with it.

RachelDenise
02-09-2007, 05:47 AM
I would use a diplomatic answer. No reason to aggravate a mother-in-law! :2c:

Angie G
02-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Say my unconditional love and the rest is private :hugs:
Angie

Tina B.
02-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Say my unconditional love and the rest is private :hugs:
Angie

Oh Oh this one is best!!!!! if you don't use it, can I?????
Tina B.

ColleenCD
02-10-2007, 12:37 AM
If she asks, tell her you got him exactly what he wanted, smile and say nothing else. If she's worried that he dressing and is intimating this to you, then she needs to have that conversation with him.

Colleen

trannie T
02-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Buy him a gift cerificate to McDonalds. Then you can tell her you bought hom a fine dinner out.

kittypw GG
02-10-2007, 09:18 AM
If she asks, tell her you got him exactly what he wanted, smile and say nothing else. If she's worried that he dressing and is intimating this to you, then she needs to have that conversation with him.

Colleen

Good reply Colleen. I think I'll use that one if you don't mind? :D Kitty

JoJoGG
02-11-2007, 09:47 AM
With all the female stuff i got him his mom never once asked what i got him for valintines day. He got me a beautiful necklace and a teddy bear. The necklace went on and will never come off it now makes a total of three neclaces he bought me that never come off. The only acception to that is if they need to come off for surgery.

:love: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: