PDA

View Full Version : Took a very big step

Kali
02-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Since I've got this week to myself and I told myself I would spend it enfemme if possible, I was a little depressed that i was going to have to make a trip to a mall 40 miles away to buy a phone charger (new phone, left the charger at my other house and it was either buy a new one or drive the 350 mile round trip to pick up the other).

Steeling my reserve, I decided that I would go to the mall in what I guess you would call "undercover femme"; nothing but girl clothes, but nothing obviously "female".

Keep in mind that I'm not passable and nothing I do with clothing will change that; my very supportive partner loves my beard and very hairy chest, and I won't do anything to jeapordize that relationship.

So in leggings, hose, flats, blouse, forms and women's windbreaker, all in black, I went off to the mall. I got a few curious looks, but no comments, and I even stopped in Lane Bryant and bought a blouse and skirt (no, I didn't have the nerve to try them on there).

This is a first for me; don't know if I'll do it again, but who knows what the week will bring. :)

marie354
02-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't really think that's it is really all about passing anymore, at least with me it's more about being comfortable with myself.
I don't think I could dress and go out with a beard though... It wouldn't feel right to me, but that's me.
It seems that you were OK though and I'm glad you had a good time of it.
I always love hearing about the various adventures.
:hugs:

Lisa Golightly
02-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Good for you Kali :)

Kali
02-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I I don't think I could dress and go out with a beard though... It wouldn't feel right to me, but that's me.

:hugs:

The beard is a part of me, just like the crossdressing. Perhaps if I was remotely able to pass without it I would have different feelings about it.

I should say that one person did stop me to comment; a very attractive woman clerk at Sears, who looked to be in her 60's, started chatting with me and told me that she just wanted to say how much she liked my hair ;) I have long grey hair, down to between my shoulderblades, and was wearing it loose. Never thought I'd say this out loud, but I was having a very good hair day :)

Sandra
02-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Good for you Kali I bet you'll be out again and soon. :)

Kali
02-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Well, if I need to go out again this week, I will likely dress in a similar fashion.

I posted a picture of me in the outfit I bought today in the appropriate section of the forum.

Tina B.
02-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Good for you Kali, sounds like it all went well, and a compliment to boot, what girl wouldn't like that.
I used to wear a beard myself, at times, never let it slow me down from dressing, but then I am a house plant.
Tina B.