PDA

View Full Version : How Much Dressing Is Too Much?

Valerie Nicole
02-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone. It used to be that I'd only dress once or twice in a week at the most. When I did so, it would only last for an hour or two, then I would change back. Last Friday, I went shopping with my friend and bought the beginnings of my wardrobe. Since that day, I've dressed almost every day, usually for upwards of 2 or 3 hours. One time it was closer to 9 or 10.

I have no intention of dressing full-time at any point in my life, and so I'm a little worried about excess. I was wondering if anyone else out there has any experience with what I'm talking about, or advice for me. Is there a such thing as too much dressing? If there is, how will I know when I've reached or gone beyond that point?

kateyliz
02-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Um, er, uh 37 hours a day? Hugs, Kathy.

Tina Dixon
02-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Crossdressing is like a drug my friend, you can get hooked, and it's a hard habit to kick, thats is if you want to kick it, I don't think there is to much, dress when and often as you can and enjoy.

marie354
02-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I think it all depends on your comfort level. I mean, are you enjoying more time to be "you"? I have progressed over the years...
When I was young it was only once in a while when I got the chance to be alone.
As I got older I found that I was making more time for myself. And now I try to be 24/7.
I'm not comfortable going out of the house, but I'm getting closer to reaching that level.
This is only what works for me, and your level will be different, of course.
You are the only one that can decide this as far as I can see.
I'm sure that you've read quite a bit on this forum and may have an idea of what I mean, so I'll leave it at that.
:hugs:
Sandra Marie

Valerie Nicole
02-10-2007, 04:24 PM
I guess part of my concern is that sometimes it still seems wrong that I do it, and doing it more can occasionally make that feeling stronger. I guess that's just something I'll have to overcome.

Ugly Michele
02-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Mean there is to much? I think if I could would be 24/7/365 just for comfort.
I really like wearing a skirt, slip, panties, stockings, bra, and thin top. This combo makes me feel very girly and sexy. Right now this can not happen but my wife is prrepairing for the day that it can happen as much as I want by gathering outfits. She enjoys seeing me in a skirt. She says since she won't wear this type of clothing and I will she says one of us might as well be sexy.

trannie T
02-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Anything more than 24 hours a day might be excessive. Seriously you can do most anything to excess, if your activity does not damage the rest of your life do it.

Cristi
02-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I really go through phases... right now I'm dressed every single minute I'm home. The only time I wear pants at all is when I have to go to work or leave the house for other reasons. Within minutes of walking in the door, the pants are off and the skirt is on!

"Too much" can also be measured another way. I know that most girls here will tell you that CDing certainly started out with a large amout of sexual thrill along with everything else but, like everything else we do, the more we do it the more it becomes normal to us. So if you want to retain that thrill you might get from putting on a skirt and panties in the privacy of you own home, DON'T do it every day or else you'll start finding that it just isn't really thrilling in that way anymore.

I believe that that is one thing that leads eventually to most girls needing to do more and more... going for 'dress and drives', going for a walk at night outside, finally going out in public. As we get used to each thing, we need more stimulation to get that feeling we initially got just by pulling on a pair of panties! If you keep that small bit of dressing as a 'special' treat for yourself, you may find that it is all you need for a longer period of time instead of needing to add more and more experiences to it.

I hope this helps.

Ugly Michele
02-10-2007, 05:10 PM
No thrill here just love the clothing, no desire to be with a man but want to be attractive to men. Thats why the name, no man would ever be attracted to me.

Jodi
02-10-2007, 08:09 PM
When is it too much? When you believe it is interferring with your regular, normal life. Try to compare cd'ing to alcohol. A little bit of alcohol is fine, but when you believe you must have it, and it begins to control what you do, it is a problem.

Jodi

kristytv
02-10-2007, 08:18 PM
well beign i want to be fulltime , i will say no, there isnt too much of a good thing !

susie evans
02-11-2007, 12:44 AM
i don't think you can dress to much are have to many clothes

Suzie S.
02-11-2007, 04:43 AM
When is it too much? When you believe it is interferring with your regular, normal life. Try to compare cd'ing to alcohol. A little bit of alcohol is fine, but when you believe you must have it, and it begins to control what you do, it is a problem.

Jodi

:thumbsup: I couldn't have said it better. Since you are so young, and have less responsibilities like a family than some of us older folk here, I can see more time being available to you. It sounds like you need to find a comfort level. Don't let it become an obsession, but by all means enjoy the experience. I've had times over the years that I feel the need to dress more frequently, sometimes daily. It will come in waves. Just remember that cding should be a part of your life, not control your life. :hugs:

Joy Carter
02-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Your only nine teen so it's still new to you. It will tapper off at some point. Just be proud of who you are.:hugs:

Karren H
02-11-2007, 06:34 AM
Too much of anything is not a good thing.... got to get a balance.... yin and yang....

Love Karren

Kristen Kelly
02-11-2007, 06:47 AM
If it’s not something you plan on doing full time you will find your level, for me dressing in December I was out to dinners, parties, and dancing dressed more than half the time, and one week for 5 days enfem non-stop. After a while it seemed normal to be dressed and became less special to be out dressed. It might be the winter blues or the cold weather, or just being burnt out but I have only been dressing 1-2 days a week and going out. This is new for me but I have only been dressing and going out for just a year and a half, and all that while it was ever increasing till now.

Kate Simmons
02-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Sometimes it takes a lot of work and prep time, like shaving for instance. Yesterday, after work, I came home, ate lunch and was resisting going to body shave. I pushed myself, however, and once I got going, I was okay. In the back of my mind I get a picture of a gorilla if I don't do it. Like others, I'm languishing a bit lately. It could be the time of year, I dunno. As far as dressing too much, that's according to your own comfort level, I feel. Once I get over the hump, I'm glad I made the effort though.:happy:

Marianna Julianna
02-11-2007, 09:03 AM
Make the most of it while you can, if the need drops off for a while then it does. You have to go with the flow, anything else leads to self doubt, sef loathing maybe. We all have different moods, there are times I can't wait to get out on my bike (as him of course) no matter what the weather, other times I can't be bothered. It's unfortunate but when I want to dress I can't always, but sometimes when I get a chance I don't want to. You have to take life as it comes, in my opinion, otherwise you end up hanging from a rope under a trapdoor (I've know of too many who have.)

Angie G
02-11-2007, 09:25 AM
I don't think you can dress too much but my wife thinke so :hugs:
Angie

Angela E.
02-11-2007, 09:33 AM
No such thing.:hugs: Angela.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :GE: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

TeriAnn
02-11-2007, 09:36 AM
I have been cding since I was 5 or6 in one way or the other, didn't understand what it meant exactly but I knew it felt wonderful. I am 49 year young and I dress as often as I can, would dress more often but I have a six year old child that doesn't know. I can't dress as much as I want but I take advantage of the times when I can. You will lull off for a few days then you will be hot after it again. It like a soothing drug but a good drug as far as I as I am concerned:2c:

Tina B.
02-11-2007, 11:59 AM
As we used to say in the sixtys, "If it feels good, do it!" but to be honest, yes there is too much. If you find youself staying home alone all the time, just so you can dress, and find you are not really enjoying it as much as you should, then man up, go out and get some fresh air. If when you are out, all you want to do is go home and put on something pretty, then maybe you are not dressing enough.
This is day five, in femme, for me, and I woke up thinking about what I was going to wear today, had to go with my nails, tommorow, who knows I might feel like jeans and a Tshirt, what ever feels right, or fits what I need to do will dictate dress code. Many call it a hobby, it sounds so casual that way, but for most of us, it is not a hobby, it is a compulsion, and it is best to let it tell you when it is enough, or too much. And no one can tell you when it is right for you.
But it is best to keep things in control, so that it does not mess up the rest of your life.

Tina B.

marie354
02-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Sometimes it takes a lot of work and prep time, like shaving for instance. Yesterday, after work, I came home, ate lunch and was resisting going to body shave. I pushed myself, however, and once I got going, I was okay. In the back of my mind I get a picture of a gorilla if I don't do it. Like others, I'm languishing a bit lately. It could be the time of year, I dunno. As far as dressing too much, that's according to your own comfort level, I feel. Once I get over the hump, I'm glad I made the effort though.:happy:

I know all too well... I havn't yet even shaved today! I will though because I hate a fuzzy face.
And... After all the primping is done and you look in the mirror, doesn't it make you feel absolutely wonderful about letting that woman out and seeing how happy she really is.
:p

Rachel Morley
02-11-2007, 12:25 PM
In the words of the late, great, Barry White, here's the opening words of "can't get enough of your love"

"'I've heard people say that too much of anything is not good for you, baby Oh no .... but I don't know about that!"

Wendy me
02-11-2007, 12:35 PM
i don't think that you can dress too much ... too much is still not enough.....

Casey Morgan
02-12-2007, 10:00 AM
I guess part of my concern is that sometimes it still seems wrong that I do it, and doing it more can occasionally make that feeling stronger.

Then that sounds like a great time to "pull it back" a little, when that feeling gets stronger. Sometimes you can't tell where that line (limit) is until you've crossed it. But when you hit a limit, you have to respect that. And yes, that limit can move. One day something is absolutely fine, another day it just isn't.

-- Captain Comma

Deanna2
02-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Too much dressing is an oxymoron - or maybe it's a tautology. Whatever! There just can't be too much of wearing femme gear.

Robin Leigh
02-13-2007, 11:38 AM
How much is too much? That depends. Do you know where your going with all this? At your age, probably not. So now is the time to experiment! :)

Learn about your gender identity. Let Jessica develop, but don't neglect Phil. I find that dressing for extended periods, with company, is much better for developing my feminine side than short periods alone with a mirror. :heehee:

:hugs:

Robin