PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share this...

Vanessa Sheridan
02-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I thought some of you might find this interesting. A few of you know that I've recently signed a contract as a business consultant and transgender subject matter expert for a very successful diversity consulting firm. I'm excited about this because they've never really done any work in the area of transgender in the workplace, but now they have an opportunity to pursue this new business interest. This is a wonderful development because I believe transgender is the last great human rights issue to be addressed in corporate America.

I was recently in Chicago with two other members of our team to present a consulting/training proposal to a major international financial organization at their U.S. headquarters. We were successful and have been notified that we got the contract to work with them. That initiative will be starting in March or April, it appears. If things go well, we may have an opportunity to work with them in Europe as well.

I know that this isn't really about me--it's bigger than that. It's about our community and making inroads into the larger society. The more mainstream we become, the more respect and acceptance we transfolk will receive. I want to do my part to help make that notion become an ever-growing reality. All of sudden it appears as though I have a substantive platform from which to operate, and I intend to make the most of this opportunity. I'm humbled and excited by the prospect of helping business organizations become more inclusive of transgender workers.

Here's a link to my online profile with my new company. http://www.progroupinc.com/site/page/pg4547-as1024-pn_Vanessa_Sheridan.html
Just thought you might want to see what's going on. I also encourage you to check out the rest of the website and learn more about the company's comprehensive approach to workplace diversity. I'm proud to be associated with such a remarkable organization.

I think this is something we can all celebrate. Hope you'll join me in feeling good about the potential for making a positive difference. Thanks for reading this and for being such a wonderfully supportive community.

Best,
Vanessa Sheridan

Valerie Nicole
02-10-2007, 05:11 PM
This is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing it.

marie354
02-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Congrats Vanessa! I was real excited when I read your earlier posts about this and am so glad that you've been chosen for this position as I think you'll be a fine represenative for all of us TS or TG. I've bookmarked your link and I will spend some time reading.
This is wonderful, just wonderful.
:hugs:

trannie T
02-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm really impressed, please keep us posted as how things go, it sounds like a great position.

Stephenie S
02-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Yea, Vanessa!

Vanessa Sheridan
02-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Thank you to everyone who's been so kind and supportive. It's a wonderful thing to be able to share good news with this community, and I appreciate your outpourings of good wishes. I love being able to report when good stuff is happening!

Vanessa

Joy Carter
02-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Thank You For All Your Hard Work.

Wendy me
02-11-2007, 07:56 AM
you know we talk abought small steps all the time here .... this is a huge step thank you ... could it be through things like this that people see us and don't have that negative thoughts because they became aware that ain't what they thought we were....

tvdave
02-11-2007, 08:15 AM
Way to go Vanessa. We've got our foot in the door to win some respect because of your courage. You're at the forefront now and you're acting on behalf of all of us.

On a lighter note, I was thinking last night that we ought to enlist Hilarious Clinton. She's obvious cross dressing ! LOL

Susan

Amy Hepker
02-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Cool!!! Thank You For Helping All of Us!!!

Veronica E. Scott
02-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Vanessa

This is great news thank you .
May you have continued successt in all you do.

Franki Kate
02-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Thank you for sharing. You are a true inspiration for our comunity.:thumbsup:

Tina Dixon
02-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Thing can only get better with people of your magnitude leading the way for the rest of use:thumbsup:

Vanessa Sheridan
02-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Wow, what a fantastic outpouring of encouragement and support! Thank you all so much.

I am very much aware of the fact that I'm in a unique position to represent many of our transgender sisters and brothers, and I take that opportunity/responsibility very seriously. I will do my best not to let our community down, and I want to be the most positive representative of the trans community that I can be. My goal is to let the corporate world know that we are contributors and that we have much to offer. Through these consulting/training opportunities, I'll have a chance to present a message of inclusion that encompasses people of all genders.

The world is a better place because transpeople are in it, and I want to do all I can to help the corporate community learn to understand and appreciate gender variance as a positive asset, not a detriment. Thank you again for supporting me in that effort. I'll keep you posted as things continue to develop.

Appreciatively,
Vanessa

Tina B.
02-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Vanessa, that is exciting, congradulations, and thank you. As a life time member of the Trans community, it is seldom we get to see real hero's among our known members, you are one!
Tina B.

Di
02-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Exciting and wonderful news.Thank you and I wish you much sucess.

Holly
02-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Vanessa, it is through work such as you are embarking upon that give the members of our community hope that the future will be less fearful and society more encompassing of us... or at least tolerant and understanding. I wish you the greatest success, for your success is a victory for us all.

Donna O
02-11-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi Iliked to ask what(if any help/harm Oiler v. Winn Dixie in 2000 was) to our goals

Country girl
02-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Vanessa, What a wonderful place to be in and what a fantastic opportunity. Good luck to you. Best wishes for a long and successful career with this company.:hugs: CG gg

Rachel Morley
02-11-2007, 10:55 PM
I went to the link you supplied and started reading. When I read " Liberating The Transgendered Christian" I got a little bit concerned, however after reading more and checking out (in detail) the rest of the website and what your company is all about, wow! way to go!

You have my respect, admiration and encouragement Vanessa :happy: