PDA

View Full Version : Leg Shaving Help

Kali
02-11-2007, 02:06 AM
My partner called me from her business trip last night and suggested that since I was spending the next 8 days en femme I should shave my legs, which I've never done before.

Any sugestions? Go buy fresh razors? Nair? shaving soap?

Help!

kimmigir1
02-11-2007, 02:19 AM
eh well personally i try to use shaving cream but i typically dont, a good razor is a plus, be carefull around the knees i knick them all the time as for nair there could be "rashy" results use at your own discression just my :2c:

Michelle Ellis
02-11-2007, 02:22 AM
It's all come down to good fresh disposable razors and a little trick I learned on the net, hair conditioner! I like the Schick Extreme 3, the best one I've found, and The Gillette Sensor 3 is good too, but with the Schick the blades actually bend, great for going over the shin :p

One thing I've also definitely learned, shaving is an art, a skill that needs to be developed. If you're not in that routine shaving can leave you raw no matter what you do. Maybe a pro wax or something? Always wanted to try that myself.

Good luck! and whatever you do stay away from that nair stuff, I've heard it can really burn :heehee:

M

cocopuff's girl GG
02-11-2007, 04:13 AM
Me and my So shaved tonight and we both used the baby oil immediatly after getting out of the shower, even before drying off and what a difference. We have the softest legs and other places I won't mention in the south. :love:

Country girl
02-11-2007, 04:31 AM
Kali, new blades are a must. The sharper the blade, the less chance of nicking. Go slow the first few times until you get used to shaving. Like anything, practice makes perfect. Also use some kind of soap or shaving cream, etc. They make shaving gel especially for legs. Any drugstore should carry this. And the baby oil after the shower is an added plus! Good luck to you.

Karren H
02-11-2007, 06:38 AM
Use a female razor, Venus works great and if it's you first time you may want to clip the hair down shorter first with some sizors or an electric clipper... Use cream rinse on your legs, in the shower, works great as a lub....

Lots of different way to "skin a cat" hehe

Love Karren

sixstringplayer_58
02-11-2007, 09:04 AM
It's all come down to good fresh disposable razors and a little trick I learned on the net, hair conditioner! I like the Schick Extreme 3, the best one I've found, and The Gillette Sensor 3 is good too, but with the Schick the blades actually bend, great for going over the shin :p

One thing I've also definitely learned, shaving is an art, a skill that needs to be developed. If you're not in that routine shaving can leave you raw no matter what you do. Maybe a pro wax or something? Always wanted to try that myself.

Good luck! and whatever you do stay away from that nair stuff, I've heard it can really burn :heehee:

M
hi all i have shaved my legs for over 30 years
i have used nair or neet they both works and yes if not done properly they burn but i also shave with a razor and u can get rash with them i find that if i am carefull with nair 1st then a few days later shave my legs stay smoothe for almost a week then i use my elec razor and it works fair to GLENDA:love:

TeriAnn
02-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I would suggest using Intuition, they come in several types. 3 to a pack walmart kmart and just about any grocery store has them. They have the soap and blade together in one unit. There is no gel or shaving cream to mess. When you wear down the soap change the entire head and continue. My wife and I love them this is all we use. Have to be careful as when using a regular blade but a lot quicker. Less fuss and muss.Runs about8.50 for 3 pack:2c:

JenniferR771
02-11-2007, 09:30 AM
I have been using my wife's Avon Skin So Soft "Shave Gel". It really works great. Great on my face, too. Very smooth, very close shave.

Wendy me
02-11-2007, 09:34 AM
new razor and shaving gel ... go slow trim long hair before you start... enjoy....

emmycd
02-11-2007, 09:34 AM
The first time I did it took a long time to shave both legs . I used a razor sope and water . then I tryed nair amd veet . I think nezt to useing a razor
veet works best . you will love the way they feel after you are done. :love:

Emmy

stevie b
02-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I have not has much success with shaving so now use an epilator. Painful at firts but the results last longer than shaving and it gets less painful every time.

Kali
02-11-2007, 12:03 PM
My options at the local shop out here in the boondocks were fairly limited. I ended up going with a combination of Nair and a Venus razor.

There are some odd reflections off the hose, but how do you think I did? I would have done a "before" pic but you wouldn't have been able to se the trees for the forest. ;)

marie354
02-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Very nice legs indeed!
I use a Venus tripple blade razor for women and Skintimate moisturizing shaving gell that come in a varity of scents.
The razor has a nice grip handle and the head pivots easily. You can store extra blades in it's case as well.
The shave gell I have this month is called Melon Burst with olive butter. It smells and feels wonderful.
I still have to shave my legs, arms, chest and stomache evert two days at least and my face... Well at least twice if not three times a day if I want to keep it from feeling like sandpaper.
If I could only afford electrolysys.
:hugs:

Billie Jean
02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Don't forget to put lotion on so your skin won't dry out. Billie Jean

Kali
02-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Don't forget to put lotion on so your skin won't dry out. Billie Jean

Using Aloe Vera Light Body Lotion. I touched up today. I really like the way shaved legs feel; I hadn't thought it would make that much of a difference to me.

jennifer easton
02-13-2007, 06:50 PM
I use an epilator (a bruan) have been now for about 4 mon. and at first it was painfull but after 2nd time the pain gets less now I just zip through it, but that doesn't answer your Q. those Inuitions are good I have one and they work well, a little pricey, but smooth is worth it!!

paulaN
02-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Kali I must say you have great looking legs. And I know how you feel right now the first time shaving my legs was so wonderful. I will never forget that feeling. I have never stoped shaving um it must be three years now.

Kerry Owens
02-13-2007, 08:46 PM
As a GG I will only add one very important thing, make sure your legs are in a nice Warm enviroment, so you don't have any goosebumps that become nicked and are painful, good luck.

Kali
02-13-2007, 09:59 PM
One unexpected advantage; my thigh highs really stay put on the bare skin :)

Robin Leigh
02-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Well done, Kali! It's feels so nice to have smooth legs, doesn't it?

Will you be able to keep them that way? It's best if you can shave regularly. It is also important to exfoliate every couple of days. This will help prevent ingrown hairs. And exfoliated skin is easier to shave, especially in regions where the skin is thick, like on the knees.

I don't like to use creams like Nair or Veet all the time, but they are very useful on tricky spots like hands & knees. I usually shave my body with a dry razor, using talc as a lubricant. See this link (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=535591#post535591) for details.

Robin

Nina_Hyena
02-14-2007, 01:49 AM
yay! shaved legs are hot!:heehee:
waxing lasts longer.