PDA

View Full Version : Pierced My Ears

Peg
02-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Well finally did it went out today and got my ears pierced ,not bad no pain just the pleasure of the earrings , no more painful clipons i love the look. Peg.

Cristi
02-11-2007, 05:57 PM
You're going to love it even more in 6 weeks or so when you can take the piercing studs out and try out some fancy dangling earings or big hoops... :)

What did you choose as a stud when they were pierced? I had mine done with a diamond-like stud, mainly since the woman doing the work said they would go nicely with the grey skirt suit I was wearing at the time (It was halloween).

Tedi
02-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Congratulations! You won't regret it, I was so happy to get away from the clip-ons. I've since converted most of them to pierced.

Karren H
02-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Cool!!! Lucky girl!!! But what do you mean painful clipons?? They never hurt my ears!! Have almost 70 pair!!!

So what are you doing with you old "painful" clipons..... got any good dangle ones?? hehe Bet you'd give them away since they hurt you soooo much!!! lol

Love Karren

trannie T
02-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Follow the instructions about ear care, especially the antiseptic. You will enjoy them and they really are better than clip-ons. I'd give my old clip-ons to Karren but I threw them away as soon as I got pierced.

marie354
02-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Follow the instructions about ear care, especially the antiseptic. You will enjoy them and they really are better than clip-ons. I'd give my old clip-ons to Karren but I threw them away as soon as I got pierced.

Oh NO!!!!! You didn't throw them away did you? There are hooks and leverbacks and everything in the craft stores to convert some of them for pierced ears. Most of my clip-ons were danglies so the change was easy, but a few were just the button type that I had to toss.
Walmarts craft section has everything to make your own earings. I spent about 50 dollars for my so who loves to do all kinds of crafts. I gave them to her for V-Day and she has already made a few pair. Can't wait till Wednesday when I give her the rest.
I had mine pierced about 10 weeks ago and I think it was the best thing I have done in years and I'm concidering having 1 more set just above them now.

tamparay
02-11-2007, 09:06 PM
i plan on going to the mall and have mine done this week..raye

Rachel Morley
02-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Hi Peg,

I had my left ear done (by myself) when I was 16 years old for a bet. But it wasn't until I was in my mid 30's that I decided I wanted the second one done for girly reasons. If you're anything like me, I think you're going love them and soon realize it was one of the best decisions you ever made. :happy:

IMHO clips ons are just not the same.:nono:

Country girl
02-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Cool!!! Lucky girl!!! But what do you mean painful clipons?? They never hurt my ears!! Have almost 70 pair!!!

So what are you doing with you old "painful" clipons..... got any good dangle ones?? hehe Bet you'd give them away since they hurt you soooo much!!! lol

Love Karren

Karren, Have you no shame? fishing around trying to get free earrings! The nerve...:tongueout :devil: Peg, congrats on your new piercings!
:love: CG gg

Karren H
02-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Karren, Have you no shame? fishing around trying to get free earrings! The nerve...:tongueout :devil: Peg, congrats on your new piercings!
:love: CG gg

Was I that obvious??? hehe

Love Karren

JoAnnDallas
02-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Wife and I were in the Mall the other day and I asked her permission to get my ears peirced. She said she was Ok with it, but what about work? I thought it over and decided not get them pierced. I was wondering how long it takes for them to heal and can you go all day with out them. I might get them pierced the next time we go on vacation. That way, I will have 7-10 days to let them heel. Then I can take them out before I go to work and then put them back in after work.

Peg
02-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Already enjoying them only one person at work even noticed so if anyones worried about being noticed i wouldn't worry about it . already converting clipons sorry Karen,still can't wait for the 6 weeks . thank you for all your encouragment it really helps . reading the forum comments and threads has overall really helped on making choices . thanks again :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Peg