PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! I need make-up tips

sexygirl
02-03-2005, 03:10 AM
Hi there all you lovely women out there. i have been on this site for 2 months now and this is my first therad. I have only just reacently started wearing make up and i just want to go the full strech of my make-up. The problem that i haven't got the know how to look more fem. I am only wearing a pit of lipstick and eyeshadow. i want to wear mascarer lipliner eye liner. I just want some pointers so i don't waste time or money trying to get it right

tia maria
02-03-2005, 05:08 AM
go to the libary look for make-up books or stage make-up books. Where are you from, contact me Tia and maybe I can help with other girls .
Take care Tia :)

Vickie-CD
02-03-2005, 05:44 AM
I agree with Tia Maria, There are also some links I have I will find for you. Keep in mind that make-up application is a art (the term make-up artist), the more you practice and experiment, the better you become.
Best Wishes,
Vickie

sexygirl
02-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks girls for the segestions. I will try it out soon thanks again

DanaJ
02-03-2005, 05:52 AM
Hello sexygirl, welcome! Do you have a name you go by?

I suggest doing a web search, just use "makeup application tips" and you should find lots of links. Plus, if you look for makeup help on this forum, using the Search This Forum link above, I am sure you will find lots of help and advice too..... good luck and welcome!

DanaJ

sherri
02-03-2005, 09:29 AM
I posted some makeup questions when I first joined this forum. I fielded some specific recommendations for skin care and beard covers, but everything else was pretty vague. In my opinion, most CD sites take a pretty heavy-handed approach to makeup. The two best suggestions I received in the forum were:

Learn how to take care of your skin (cleansers and moisturizers)
Find a good makeup book (library or bookstore)
To that I would add:

First find a beard cover that works for you and let that dictate what you must do from there (foundation, powder, etc).
Avoid cheap makeup and pay close attention to matching your natural skin tone. Some brands sell inexpensive sample sets to help with the latter.
Take great care to apply everything evenly.
Buy a big, soft makeup brush and learn how to blend (thanks Fallen Angel).
Blush is magic. Learn how to use it. (Hint: buy a 3-shade blush kit and read the instructions.)
The finishing touches — lip liner, eye makeup — make a huge difference.
Avoid loud colors — red lipstick, blue eyeshadow, bright blush — until you have mastered softer shades.
Fake eyelashes are a bitch to put on, but they're worth it. Put them on before you do your eyes.
Get over your self-consciousness, cuz you are going to have to shop for cosmetics.
Vickie is right, there is no substitute for practice.

Wendy me
02-03-2005, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=sherribicd]I posted some makeup questions when I first joined this forum. I fielded some specific recommendations for skin care and beard covers, but everything else was pretty vague. In my opinion, most CD sites take a pretty heavy-handed approach to makeup. The two best suggestions I received in the forum were:

Learn how to take care of your skin (cleansers and moisturizers)
Find a good makeup book (library or bookstore)
To that I would add:

[list]
First find a beard cover that works for you and let that dictate what you must do from there (foundation, powder, etc).

ok beard cover i just got this and it works grate it's called tattoo cover yes it's for tattoos covers them just fine gets the tats gone...........................
ok beard cover it works good for that too..........try it you will like it flow it up with a little powder ...............say bye bye to the beard...........
i got it at .................................................. ........................................

glamourboutique.com

yes a nouther shot to the glamour boutique but thay are good.................