PDA

View Full Version : Polls and thoughts

Vickie-CD
02-03-2005, 06:16 AM
Not long ago there was a poll pertaining to being strait, bi, or gay. I was surprised at the percentage that was strait. I do believe everyone answered honetly, just the nature of this forum.
Was I the only one surprised by the results?? Would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this.
Don't get me wrong, I have respect for all here, regardless of your sexual orientation. I was just a bit surprised.
Love to All.
Vickie :)

sherri
02-03-2005, 08:22 AM
Not long ago there was a poll pertaining to being strait, bi, or gay. I was surprised at the percentage that was strait. I do believe everyone answered honetly, just the nature of this forum.
Was I the only one surprised by the results?? Would like to hear your thoughts and opinions on this.
Don't get me wrong, I have respect for all here, regardless of your sexual orientation. I was just a bit surprised.
Love to All.
I believe that's pretty consistent with established findings, and my hunch is that the ratio will hold as the instances of gender blurring continues to rise.

Ashleigh
02-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Didn't surprise me either based on what I have read here on the forum and elsewhere.

AnnaMaria
02-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Vickie,

Over the past few months I have done a lot of reading pretaining to cd's and the types of things that happen to us as we grow in our new found lifestyle. The biggest reason for this reading was just simply to get more familiar with what to expect. From all I have read I would have to say that the response was about normal for such a question. When I started reading I discovered to my supprise that most cd's are infact hetro. A fact that I did not expect due to the fact that I thought that the reason that I was a cd was because of things that happened when I was very young. But to my supprise I found that what happened to me probably had nothing to do with the person that I am today other than to re-enforce the fact that I am hetro and not bi or gay.

Of course this misconception is also part of the reason that there are so many people who dislike us or worse. I only wish that we could find a way to let more of society see polls like this one so that they could get an idea of what we are really like.

huggs
anna

Vickie-CD
02-03-2005, 11:06 AM
I believe that's pretty consistent with established findings, and my hunch is that the ratio will hold as the instances of gender blurring continues to rise.
Sherri, thanks for the input. as I said, I did not question the results because I'm sure everyone here that participated was honest. I'm glad that poll was run, it opened my eyes.
Take Care,

Vickie-CD
02-03-2005, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE] Anna Maria, your last paragraph is worth its weight in gold.
Huggs,
Vickie

Wendy me
02-03-2005, 11:12 AM
i am not supprized i mean every time we have a poll i answer that i am straight.........not gay not bi so when asked i not supprized .........any way last time i checked i was straight.............(quick peek) yep still stright..........
al thou i have no bad thoughts for any one that is or is not full time or part time..............your own thing ..........just wrap it ........be safe....... :p

Tristen Cox
02-03-2005, 03:21 PM
I think some of the answers may as yet be hypothetical. What we say and what we do are two different things. As some may have actually done things, others are just fantasizing and have not. So this is my opinion why the answers are strewed around and altering.
I have personally been straight all my life, sure I have 'thought' about what it would be like to be in a different situation, but thats as far as that goes, and until I do transition I doubt my thoughts will ever be expressed as anything but thoughts(not actions).
To say that we all are one way or another is untrue. Many here are married and love their SO very much. Others feel the need to explore their feminine side sexually as to complete their female persona. And others 'are' homosexual and like to dress up as a woman. The answers will be many as we are a diverse community. Thats what makes this place so good. To me it really doesn't matter, everyone here is a sister to me regardless of their sexual orientation. So *hugs* to all.

Love
Tristen

Maddie Knight
02-03-2005, 04:30 PM
The result does not suprise me.
I have been cd'ing for as long as I can remember and at no point have I ever felt anything other than hetro.
I have been with my fiance for 12 years and never wanted anything or anyone other than her.
I can understand that there are many different sexual preferences and I don't mind what other people do but I am very happy with mine.
We are all different, thats what makes us interesting.

Priscilla1018
02-03-2005, 05:43 PM
The results of the poll do not surprise me. I have always been straight and love my wife very much. I am a bit bi-curious and sometimes fantacise about being with another cd, but who knows. Fantasy is safe for now.

Love and Hugs Girlfriend, :D
Priscilla