PDA

View Full Version : No High Heels for me

DeannainWI
02-03-2005, 11:50 AM
What a klutz here,last night i was helping my brother with some home fixup stuff and just as we were finishing up i tripped on his stairs on realy goofed up my right ankle.I can wear regular shoes but heels are out of the question for the time being.For me dressing up is not the same without high heels,but i guess i can do without for a few days.Anyone know of a place for good looking flats LOL. Deanna

lissa_cd
02-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey Deannain, are you okay? is it really the same with flats? just last night I purchased my first pair of sandals, medium heel, can't wait to give em a try...take care, maybe payless or a walmart super center, how about carnival shoes, one of those in Milwaukee? good luck..
hugs
Melissa

Wendy me
02-03-2005, 11:56 AM
What a klutz here,last night i was helping my brother with some home fixup stuff and just as we were finishing up i tripped on his stairs on realy goofed up my right ankle.I can wear regular shoes but heels are out of the question for the time being.For me dressing up is not the same without high heels,but i guess i can do without for a few days.Anyone know of a place for good looking flats LOL. Deanna

omg sorry to hear abought your foot thingey..........good flats????????????
girlfreind thats the frist time i ever heard them two words together............
i hope you heal fast...................................... ;)

Tracie Lynn
02-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Deanna, I am really sory to hear about the foot but all is not lost you didnt break anything and I have seen some tastefully sexy strappy little sandles with flat heels on them in different shoe stores.

DonnaT
02-03-2005, 12:25 PM
You can still wear the heels. You just can't walk around in them. Walk, sit, doesn't matter to me as long as they are on my feet :D

windycissy
02-03-2005, 12:27 PM
I love the way heels make like legs and feet look, but I almost never wear them anymore for two reasons: (1) they make me look taller, which makes getting "read" more likely, and (2) they are a pain when you're walking for any distance, like going shopping. Fashion flash: cute flats are all the rage this season, I have a black pair and a taupe pair that go with anything. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Wendy me
02-03-2005, 12:32 PM
I love the way heels make like legs and feet look, but I almost never wear them anymore for two reasons: (1) they make me look taller, which makes getting "read" more likely, and (2) they are a pain when you're walking for any distance, like going shopping. Fashion flash: cute flats are all the rage this season, I have a black pair and a taupe pair that go with anything. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)
yes thay hurt but hurt sooooooooooooooooooooooo good

LindaTS
02-03-2005, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry about your ankle Deanna. I can't imagine life without hi-heels so please recover soon.

Tristen Cox
02-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Sorry to here about that. It's only a few days and it should be better. You could always try boots to support your ankle, or Payless may have those flats you're looking for. Anyhow get well soon.

*hugs*
Tristen

MistyCD
02-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your little accident, but don't worry about not wearing heels as there are plenty of other womens shoes to wear. May i suggest 2 pretty thong sandals from Newport-news.com .....

Luv Misty.... :p

AnnaMaria
02-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Deanna

I have been looking for the past few days for some new shoes for the spring and I have seen a lot of very dute flats on a lot of different sites. You should look at payless they have quite a few different styles and colors that aren't to expensive. Especially if you don't plan to wear them much after your ankle heals. I have been looking for flats or low heals because of my height. I am 6 ft and don't want to draw to much attention to myself by being to tall. I havn't ordered any yet but I will eventually find a pair that looks good for the outfit that they will go with and I will get them.

huggs
anna

Janet K.
02-04-2005, 10:15 AM
I guess being short does have its advantages, doesn't it? ;) I'm 5'4" and wear heels as much as possible. I have a few pairs of flats that I wear occasionally---I got a nice looking pair at Goodwill and two other fairly nice looking pairs at K-Mart when they were still open in the Dallas area. Payless is always good as well. Walmart has some nice looking flats too.

LindaTS
02-04-2005, 02:32 PM
I guess being short does have its advantages, doesn't it? ;) I'm 5'4" and wear heels as much as possible. I have a few pairs of flats that I wear occasionally---I got a nice looking pair at Goodwill and two other fairly nice looking pairs at K-Mart when they were still open in the Dallas area. Payless is always good as well. Walmart has some nice looking flats too.

I'm like you Juana in that I'm also short, being 5'5" so I wear heels every day. I don't think I even have a pair of flats any more, although I've seen quite a few pairs that are very nice. Maybe one of these days I'll try a pair.

raven
02-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Iam just 5' 2 and I wear high heels and also my boots have high heels the taller the better
:)

Ashlee
02-04-2005, 04:23 PM
tape that foot up and get back in the game Deanna!

DeannainWI
02-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Thank you all for the nice thoughts.The ankle is feeling a bit more normal allready even though it looks worse with all the black and blue marks that showed up all around my foot and ankle.I was not realy to serious about the flats i'm realy more into heels and at 5'8" even the higher heels realy dont put me over the top.With any luck i will be back in my fave pair in no time. Deanna

NoraT
02-12-2005, 03:09 AM
If you want to stay in flats, go for strappy sandals. Otherwise you might want to try some kitten heels and start to work your way back up.

What is important is what makes you feel your most feminine.