PDA

View Full Version : Life's great here

Rachel_740
02-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Hi Girls,

I've been to London today to see my doctor re: my transition. It's my second visit to him and he has now given me female hormones as well as male hormone blockers, and one or two other bits and pieces.

While I was up there I asked if he could put me on the waiting list for my operation, now I have transitioned, believing the waiting list to be 15 to 18 months. Apparently, the waiting list is now 6 to 8 WEEKS! That means that if I decide when I want the operation (after I have lived as a woman for 12 months - next January), I can book up about 4 months before I want it and should be able to get pretty much the exact date I want.

I'm a really happy girl - life is getting better by the day.

Anne

DonnaT
02-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Wow Anne, sounds great.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

I know a number of girls in the UK that are having a hard time getting hormones and schedules set up for much much longer.

Maybe it's because they are going through NHS, I'm not sure about that though.

Is your doctor taking anymore patients?

Sharon
02-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the forum Anne!! I hope you join in and have a great time here!

Julie
02-03-2005, 01:31 PM
Excellent news Anne and I hope everything progresses well for you. Welcome to this forum.

JJ

Rachel_740
02-03-2005, 01:38 PM
I know a number of girls in the UK that are having a hard time getting hormones and schedules set up for much much longer.

Maybe it's because they are going through NHS, I'm not sure about that though.

Is your doctor taking anymore patients?

Hi Donna,

I'm going private not NHS which is why things are moving forward, and yes, my doctor will no doubt take as many patients as want to go to him, but bear in mind things aren't cheap.

Anne

LindaTS
02-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi Anne,
It's great to hear that things are going so well for you. I have a friend (on-line) who lives in Manchester and is using NHS. The list is so long that she hasn't even started hormones yet. She says this is one of the reasons that this is why the suicide rate is so high for TG's. It's so good the you are able to use a private doctor. I know two girls here in the U.S. who have had the surgery and are so happy now, absolutely no regrets. I'm sure this will be the same for you. Good luck hon.

Priscilla1018
02-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Welcome Anne,

You have just joined the best little bit of sanity in a crazy world. Welcome sister. I am very happy for you.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla :D

Tristen Cox
02-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Excellent Anne, thats wonderful news :) Welcome to the forum. Hope you're ready for the big change when it happens. You go girl! Keep us posted on how things progress.

Love & hugs
Tristen

Maddie Knight
02-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Thats great news Anna, hope everything goes according to plan. :)
Your in good company in this forum, the girls realy look after everybody.