PDA

View Full Version : trapped in my head

boi_0h
02-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Okay guys, it's that wonderfully awesome time of every 3 months in which i yearn for an anatomy book and a scalpel. As if I wasn't so scared of life to begin with. I need to be an angsty teenager, but get some advice at the same time, so please bear with me... i'm scared and i feel all alone, and i hate myself and everything around me. I don't pass because of my stupid family, there is no option to move out etc, I hole up in my room and only leave for work or school. I wish there was some magic button i could press that would make everything ok. what does everyone else do when they feel like this...? :mad: :worried: :hiding: :frustrated: :doh:

bi_weird
02-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Eeek sorry you're feeling so down right now!
What do I do? First thing I tend to trim my nails, but that's 'cause when I'm upset I dig them into my palms and I don't want to make myself bleed.
Take a deep breath. Take a nap. Put on relaxing music. Put on angry music. Pet something cute. Go work out. Call a friend. Have a glass of tea. Have a glass of something stronger (are you old enough? Can I say that to someone who's underage?). Eat chocolate. Or ice cream. Or chocolate ice cream with chocolate on top. Read a book. Watch a movie.
You know, I actually have about twice that many survival stratagies for crappy moods like that, which seems sad. The big point is to distract yourself 'til the worst of it goes away. We're here to talk and respond to any rant you have, no matter what, and that in itself really helps me. *HUG* I haven't got much more to say, 'cept hang in there, and I hope you feel better soon.

Abraxas
02-14-2007, 01:56 AM
I'll admit: I'm a wallower. I enjoy a good wallow. So I don't think I'd be of much help here... :(

Felix
02-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Hi Boi and here's plenty of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and positive energy bein sent from me to you. It is a horrible brick wall ya hittin and ya prob feel ya will never get over it but ya will hun :hugs: I have days like this when I just wanna stick my head in the sand and hope everythin goes away. Usually I come on here and read and then I don't feel alone in my head cos that is a bad place to be. Talk let it all out we are here for ya hun we understand maybe not fully but I'm sure we can all relate to what ya feelin so don't feel you are alone. If ya wanna pm me anytime feel free hun ok take care xx Felix :hugs:

pocoyo
02-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Awwwwww.

Is there a chance you could talk with your family? Let them know you are feeling unhappy and what you would like to do to correct this unhappiness?

Do you know what helps me when I'm down? Having a stupid, arm-flailing dance to some ridiculous, preferably cheesy, music! (Hey stop frowning... it's worth a go right?) :happy:

Failing that you could have a look at this little fella....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXi6X-moxE
(How can you not smile or chuckle along?!)

Or if you don't like that happy kid how about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWyRKiiLwU0
(Teehehehehe).
Hmmm my mum said I was like this when I was little!! Not much changes LOL

Er I don't usually make a habit of laughing at babies :straightface:
I'm not that mean, those 2 just happen to be rather amusing & cute :heehee:

Or if you can't stand funny babies, how about this old classic.... (always makes me laugh!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGubjI6s9tA

Btw here's a hug :hugs:

John
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
arw, sounds like you're having a horrible time there.

Most of the time when you feel like that the best thing can be to talk to someone. (though chocolate and a good action thriller help too). I'd guess from you're post that family is out of the question; how about friends? (If you're out to them, off cause). If they aren’t an option, and you feel really bad, there are always help-lines you can call (if you have a mobile, or can use the house phone in private). I see on you're profile you at uni (hay, we're both doing the same major), do they do counselling?

You might also want to think about what's making you feel this way, and how you can change it. Maybe talk to you're GP too. I know from personal experience that holing up in you're room don't really help, just makes you more isolated.

I know it's tough, but we're all here to help, for what it's worth. :hugs:
(If you wana p.m. me about anything, go right ahead)

CaptLex
02-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I see on you're profile you at uni (hay, we're both doing the same major), do they do counselling?
I was going to suggest that too - maybe a counselor at school. Or a really good friend that can help you get these things off your chest. My best friend was such a help to me when I didn't feel I could tell anyone else. I would have probably lost it if it weren't for him. Fortunately, I found other outlets (well, fortunately for his own sanity). Meanwhile, movies have always been my outlet. Whenever I'm stressed, I go for long walks, work out or catch a movie. Music helps too. Whatever works for you. Meanwhile, you know we're here for you.

It may seem hopeless right now, but time changes things. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when it's such a long time to wait, but hang in there.

Sierra Evon
02-14-2007, 04:45 PM
Boi , thats a tuff one , I guess if it were me I'd focus on saving Moolah $$, and then moving out on your own !!!!!!!, till then not much !!!!!!!!

boi_0h
02-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks everyone, today was a better day, it snowed and I had a snow day :tongueout . I called my biffle last night, she helped me out, we've known eachother since 3rd grade so she really knows me, and at the very least makes me laugh uncontrollably.

Joshua and CaptLex-yeah we do have a counselling service at school, i take advantage of it, especially coz its free.
Sierra-trust me i do save, unfortuately i give it all to umass lowell for tuition then the rest goes into my gas tank :sigh: ah well.
Pocoyo-i completely did the robot from lost in space dance to random music that came on the radio it did help. :D

...Have a glass of something stronger (are you old enough? Can I say that to someone who's underage?). haha no i'm only 19 but i do enjoy a hot cup of tea occasionally.

Kimberley
02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
You could join the party.... a giggle is always good.

pocoyo
02-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Pocoyo-i completely did the robot from lost in space dance to random music that came on the radio it did help. :D

YAaay! Ya can't beat a bit of whacky dancing! :D

So glad you had a fun snow day and are feeling a little bit better.. that's soo cool!