PDA

View Full Version : Misshap At Work

Karren H
02-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Didn't get hurt, kind of misshap.. but dangerous....

Just before quitting time this evening a coworker came in and we were BSing... told him that my wife had finished tiling the fireplace... And I said I had some photos, on my camera. So I turned the camera on and was showed him the fireplace photos... he took the camera from me and started scrowling through the photos.....

The first 3 photos were of the fireplace but the 4th was one of Karren, at a distant... My heart stopped..... Damn.... I thought I had deleted all of them....

"Who's this?" he asked... My sister from Michigan, I replied... "You two look alike".. That's for sure..... Scared the crap out of me but I think he bought it... I hope.... It was so quick it was really almost a non event... it seemed at the time... except the heart stopping part... lol Could have been much much worse I guess.. Oh well... Glad he didnt see the two totes of fem things under my desk... and my purse!! hehe

Love Karren

PatyR
02-13-2007, 10:40 PM
That would freak me out, fortunately, you think fast. That was an excellent answer.

Di
02-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Oh We had to laugh over that.....I'm sure everything is fine hon....the same thing happened to me but with my cell phone....my boss was looking at my pics of my daughters, my kitty, my son ect....and she kept flipping through them...came to Sher...she says who is this?... same as you I just did'nt skip a beat and said my cousin Linda...She just said...oh she's younger? ................:Pullhair: And you know Sher loved that part!!!!!

Glenda58
02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Pics on the camera not bad. Thought you got caught in the mens room changing cloths or putting on your makeup. Now that would be a mishap.:heehee:

JenniferR771
02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks Karren, your sister and us Michigan girls gotta stick together and do the best we can to look nice.
I sometimes forget to delete a few shots on my camera, too. And one time I deleted on camera, but when i opened file on computer--there i was again!

marie354
02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Karren, it's a good thing that you're fast on yer feet. I'd have died with nothing to say.

ColleenCD
02-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow Karren, that was a close call. Quick thinking though.

Colleen

Cristi
02-13-2007, 11:09 PM
I always worry about my 'technology' giving me away. I have some photos on my PDA and have to be careful to make sure they are well hidden.

I also use several programs like photoshop that remember the last directory you were working in. If the last thing I was doing was looking at pics of Cristi, then the next day I open Photoshop while my mom is with me, guess what thumbnails are going to pop up in the browser?? :(

Just a week or so ago, I set up a screen saver that showed Cristi pics, but then realized that that could be a BIG problem the first time I had a visitor and stopped using the computer for 15 minutes!!

Finally, I've almost been caught by the 'Internet Explorer URL auto-complete'. A friend was using my computer and started to type 'www.cro' to go to a site that started with those letter. IE helpfully completed the address to crossdressers.com for him. Good thing he is a two-fingered typist and was looking at the keyboard at the time, not the screen!

Finally, I've left photos on my camera just like you have, so am VERY careful when handing the camera over to somebody to browse. I make sure the check things first.

I almost had a heart attack once when I emailed a photo to somebody and later thought I had sent them a phot of Cristi instead. It turns out that the photo me.jpg in one directory was me in drab, but me.jpg in another location was Cristi! Good thing I sent the right one!!

Bobbie cd
02-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Quick thinking on your part Karren. Good thing it wasn't a close-up, Mr. DeMille! :D

Gotta be careful with them digital cameras.
I always try to be careful and delete any Bobbie pics from the camera as soon as I download them and I try to never leave the camera lying around with pictures on it just in case my daughter should decide to drop by to borrow it while I'm at work!

Glad you didn't get caught. What would we do without your whacky adventures to keep us all bemused and amused?

Joni Thomas
02-13-2007, 11:26 PM
Karen, I find that everytime I check the threads that you give me chuckle beyond belief:happy: You have the wit and the Moxie that we all wish we had in our CDing lives and I look forward to partying with you some day:thumbsup: Keep up with your adventures.............

Bobbi Lynn
02-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Karren, When I saw the title I thought you were digging your way out from a mile down, very glad to see it wasn't that bad. My older camera took pictures directly to floppies, so I was/am very conscience of where the floppies are. The newer camera has some built in storage and takes memory cards, so I bought Bobbi a memory card of her own and only use it for me.

Alice B
02-13-2007, 11:40 PM
I always delete my images as soon as I download them, but I have another problem where I have been caught. I use Nikon cameras & softwear (Nikon View 6). If I have been workibng in that program and then close it, and then try to open photos from another file the system first opens the images last used in Nikon View. The first time I was discovered was by my wife. At the time it was very awkard. The second time was by a photographer friend and I quickly explained that they were from an assignment shoot. He did not get a good look and I quickly changed the program, but...Phew! Very close.

Sandi C
02-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Almost did the same thing with cell phone pictures. Now all pictures are on computer with password.

goofus
02-14-2007, 12:06 AM
This kind of stuff can be scary, but you know the older I get, the less I care about people finding out. I am what I am :happy:

Just before quitting time this evening a coworker came in and we were BSing... told him that my wife had finished tiling the fireplace... And I said I had some photos, on my camera. So I turned the camera on and was showed him the fireplace photos... he took the camera from me and started scrowling through the photos.....

The first 3 photos were of the fireplace but the 4th was one of Karren, at a distant... My heart stopped..... Damn.... I thought I had deleted all of them....

"Who's this?" he asked... My sister from Michigan, I replied... "You two look alike".. That's for sure..... Scared the crap out of me but I think he bought it... I hope.... It was so quick it was really almost a non event... it seemed at the time... except the heart stopping part... lol Could have been much much worse I guess.. Oh well... Glad he didnt see the two totes of fem things under my desk... and my purse!! hehe

Love Karren

Raychel
02-14-2007, 07:07 AM
I have to say that, This exact thing always makes me VERY nervous. I am always checking the camera to be sure there is nothing that will get me in trouble. But like you a bit of quick thinking will sometime avert a disaster. Unless it was my wife doing the looking. I don't think that there would be any fast talking in the workd that would get me out of that mess.

Tina Dixon
02-14-2007, 07:11 AM
:heehee: Your sister from Michigan? Thought you might have been showing them my picture,he he, but I know where your coming from, we need to be careful all the time if we yous our cameras.

Karren H
02-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Oh We had to laugh over that.....I'm sure everything is fine hon....the same thing happened to me but with my cell phone....my boss was looking at my pics of my daughters, my kitty, my son ect....and she kept flipping through them...came to Sher...she says who is this?... same as you I just did'nt skip a beat and said my cousin Linda...She just said...oh she's younger? ................:Pullhair: And you know Sher loved that part!!!!!

That's too funny.....

Thanks Karren, your sister and us Michigan girls gotta stick together and do the best we can to look nice.
I sometimes forget to delete a few shots on my camera, too. And one time I deleted on camera, but when i opened file on computer--there i was again!

With short hair I actually look like my sister in Michigan... And the family female curse continues.... small breasts and hate men... hehehe

I usually deleta all my pics off the camera and move them to a Flash Drive or CD.. But have had a Flash Drive incident last year.... Friend wanted to borrow it to move some files... "Uhhhhh It's full!! Let me clean it up first!!" lol

Love Karren

Kate Simmons
02-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Well Miss Muffett, I guess you almost got caught sitting on your tuffett. The wonders of modern day electronics. It was probably one of those wild electrons setting you up. I warned you about 'em.:happy:

tommi
02-14-2007, 08:08 AM
:confused2: This is one of the many reasons I do not take pics.:confused2:
:laughing: But it sure was better than getting caught changing.

MJ
02-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Your sister from Michigan?, good answer . so what will you say when he wants you to hook him up with her :D

TxKimberly
02-14-2007, 08:39 AM
Karen,

As cocky as you are I'm surprised you didn't tell "me damn it, what of it?!"
LOL

Kim

Karren H
02-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Your sister from Michigan?, good answer . so what will you say when he wants you to hook him up with her :D

Luckily he's married and my sister like my mother and my grandmother were alficted with the Hutton family curse... They all were small breasted man haters!! Guess I inherited it also!! :). I think my daughter has it too... Goes through boyfriends like water...

Love Karren

vicky lee
02-14-2007, 09:15 AM
that was quick thinking karen gosh that was close
just think if he excepted ur explanation being ur sister was it you even past
that im jealous of the quick thinking you do and how ur getting on
well done keep it up
love vicky

GinaVegas
02-14-2007, 09:31 AM
That was a close call Karren!

sara_also
02-14-2007, 09:40 AM
My wife and I have always said that if anyone saw pictures or saw us in the car that it would be my sister from out of town..Sofar no questions but you never know..

Angie G
02-14-2007, 09:50 AM
I fortunately haven't did that yet could not cover it wasn't me :hugs:
Angie

tgirlinva
02-14-2007, 09:54 AM
What would you have done if he thought your sister was cute and wanted to see if you could hook the two of them up? :D Close clal though.

Rebecca-L
02-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I always worry about my 'technology' giving me away. I have some photos on my PDA and have to be careful to make sure they are well hidden.

I also use several programs like photoshop that remember the last directory you were working in. If the last thing I was doing was looking at pics of Cristi, then the next day I open Photoshop while my mom is with me, guess what thumbnails are going to pop up in the browser?? :(

Just a week or so ago, I set up a screen saver that showed Cristi pics, but then realized that that could be a BIG problem the first time I had a visitor and stopped using the computer for 15 minutes!!

Finally, I've almost been caught by the 'Internet Explorer URL auto-complete'. A friend was using my computer and started to type 'www.cro' to go to a site that started with those letter. IE helpfully completed the address to crossdressers.com for him. Good thing he is a two-fingered typist and was looking at the keyboard at the time, not the screen!

Finally, I've left photos on my camera just like you have, so am VERY careful when handing the camera over to somebody to browse. I make sure the check things first.

I almost had a heart attack once when I emailed a photo to somebody and later thought I had sent them a phot of Cristi instead. It turns out that the photo me.jpg in one directory was me in drab, but me.jpg in another location was Cristi! Good thing I sent the right one!!

Cristi,

You have to be careful with screen savers and screen background images. I temporarily set up a background using one of my pictures ( a closeup with full makeup) just to see what it would be like. I thought I had deleted it, but discovered that Windows kept a thumbnail in the "My Pictures" directory. If you set up a screen saver or background image, be sure to do a thorough search to delete unwanted copies.

Karren H
02-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Karen,

As cocky as you are I'm surprised you didn't tell "me damn it, what of it?!"
LOL

Kim

Well more that once I've thought of sending my doppy step-brother in Texas one of my fem photos after he send me one of his stupid halloween costumes!!! Would he be surprised!!! Hehe. Probably wouldn't be welcome in the Lone Star State anymore...

Love Karren

melissaK
02-14-2007, 11:08 AM
My PD, DA and even insurance claims adjusting friends already know home computers are a treasure trove of "I thought I had deleted that" information; I gotta make sure digital cameras, jump drives, and SD cards are on their search warrant lists too . . . :heehee:

MistyCD
02-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Better yet, tell him that she's not only a man hater, but a lawyer (or police officer) as well!!!

Hugs Misty

Margot
02-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Karren you're too much!! Lucky the pictures were not part of business presentation.
:love:
Margot

Tina B.
02-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Skirts found in the back of the closet, now pictures on the camera, are you trying to get it all out in the open, or just having a heck of a run?
I just went to a 1G memorex travel stick, pictures go straight on to it, never stopping on the computer, and at $15.00 Tina gets one of her own, and then I have a couple of others. The nice thing is Photoshop or other programs can't find them to open up on them, so goes to what ever I was doing that is on the computer. But then when I want them, it plugs right in as another hard drive. And no one can borrow that stick because they don't know about it.
Play safe and keep them travel stories coming, I am really begining to see what all the girls are talking about with your adventures!!
Tina B.

susie evans
02-14-2007, 11:43 AM
karren that could have been red lights and scirens but do to your quick whit you avoided a wreck wccchhh and now it's on to the next adventure ......that was close :D

susie

Karren H
02-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Every day is an adventure it seems!! And the weather keeps getting in the way of my next one!! Was supposed to be out shopping right now!! But the snow/ice storm canceled my hockey match last night which screwed up my schedule for picking up my travel totes after the game... Too much ice anyway plus with all the schools closed means 1000's of kids at the mall!!! Ekkkkkk!!!!

Damn groundhog lied and where's Al Gore's global warming when you really need it?? Hehe

Love Karren

suchacutie
02-14-2007, 12:08 PM
for those of us without sisters, time to think ahead :)

tina

susie evans
02-14-2007, 12:09 PM
i no what you mean i was going out shopping last night and just as i was getting ready to leave we had huge thinder storms and lightning oh well maby today but work is getting in the way this time :Angry3:

susie

SherriePall
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Karren -- You walk that thin line so well. I'd fallen off by now. That's why I have a separate memory card for me.

krisinpink
02-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm glad you are quick-thinking honey! Good for you; that could have been a bad gig! I'm enjoying a relieved *whew!* and a chuckle at this....I know that I'm going to out myself one day in the wrong place by a similar oversight!

Thanks for sharing!!

marie354
02-14-2007, 01:55 PM
I use McAfee's shredder to delete files permanately on my desktop so prying eyes won't find anything.
I had my picture on my cell phone once and while I was shopping it flipped open. Fortunately my SO spotted it. It's now gone. I had to fill all the memory with garbage to eliminate it on there.

kerrianna
02-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I guess your sister might look a lot like you! :rolleyes: :heehee:

I almost did something similar last time we went to my mom's for a family dinner. Brought along the camera as it's our new toy and we like taking pics as we're going in and showing them to the family later - usually someone will just pick up the camera and scroll through themselves.
Just before getting there I took a shot and decided to check it and accidently scrolled forward where :eek: my dressed pics from three days before (all downloaded but not erased) were still there! There must have been 30+ pics all waiting to out me (there would have been no doubt about who it was). The first thing I did when we arrived was take the camera in the bathroom and delete all those images. I had to triple check I got them all I was so freaked, and wouldn't you know it, someone asked to see the latest pics right away. :whew!:

Cassy11
02-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Karren you seem to be getting closer and closer to that one time you can't explain your way out. You don't push the envelope, you are creating a whole new person with a history and a family to boot. Your adventures are like a Spanish Novella soap opera, each day ends in a cliff hanger, will are heroine survive

Sam-antha
02-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Careless Character with Cow-orker in Michigan ? I ask you, what will happen next ?
I cannot trust electronic things their memory is better than mine.
Use it and lose it.
However, it you do not lose it the chances are that your reaction times are upspeeded by the necessary practice that may have started at school.
~Samm

Karren H
02-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Karren you seem to be getting closer and closer to that one time you can't explain your way out. You don't push the envelope, you are creating a whole new person with a history and a family to boot. Your adventures are like a Spanish Novella soap opera, each day ends in a cliff hanger, will are heroine survive

Guess if one day I don't survive we can always shoot a dream sequence like on "Dallas"? Lol. Or the one on Newhart... The last episode where the Vermont inn thing was just a dream and he woke up in bed with Emily... From The Bob Newhart Show...

Hmmmm. Guess with my luck I'd wake up from my crossdressing dream in a convent some where.... Sister Karren.. Has a nice ring to it! Hehe

Love Karren

janedoe311
02-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Or just unlucky? Really you have the best stories. Have you written a book?

Karren H
02-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Or just unlucky? Really you have the best stories. Have you written a book?

I think the longer I do this the less careful I get... The less I care... In exactuallt 2 weeks I can retire if I wanted to... But I I'm having too much fun!!

And a book!! What a great idea!! Could use the income to supliment my retirement account!! Buy more clothes... Take a vacation enfemme...

:)

Love Karren

tightsgirl
02-14-2007, 05:12 PM

Love Karren

You're a riot LOL nice save by the way and quick thinking to.

Kelsy
02-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Karren! The thought of outing oneself by accident sends shivers down my spine!!:eek: I have lent out my phone with an archive of text messages that would be incriminating! I also send photos and billing via email and have often wondered what would happen if I clicked the wrong picture and sent a picture of me by mistake.

Jennifer:happy:

susie evans
02-14-2007, 06:53 PM
karren i think the book is a great idea start with a crossdressers manual then follow witha book on getting out you could have a hole series maby like harry potter!!!!!
girl that would be good then maby movies this could get big :D :D :D

susie

Country girl
02-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Hehe. Probably wouldn't be welcome in the Lone Star State anymore...

Love Karren

Karren, Gurl, you would always be welcome in the Lone Star state!! :hugs: CG gg

Cherry Lynn
02-15-2007, 03:09 AM
Karren, Gurl, you would always be welcome in the Lone Star state!! :hugs: CG gg

I will second that. We Texans are a friendly bunch.