PDA

View Full Version : pierced ears

Maddie Knight
02-03-2005, 06:18 PM
I have both my ears pierced so I can wear girly earings.
Had them pierced when I was young and told people it was the in thing to do ( I don't think anybody believed me).
Just wondering how many of you have your ears pierced and how you explained it to people.

Marissa_CD
02-03-2005, 06:51 PM
I am 26 now and I have had my left ear pierced since I was 13 since it was the trend. I had my right ear pierced when I was about 18 or 19 when it was also kinda trendy/rebellious at the time for boys to have both ears pierced. I actually went 2 sizes bigger in the last 3 weeks from a size 14 to a size 10 which is as big as I am going to go any bigger starts to look gross. I have worn womens earrings on many occasions since I have had both ears pierced and love the feeling of the earrings dangeling. no one has ever asked me or said anything about my piercings, it has totally been accepted by anyone I encounter but then again I wear mens earrings dailey. It might be a little diffrent if you were wearing studs or somthing sparkly then someone might say something but I doubt they would suspect you wear womens earrings.
Kisses, Marissa.

Amelie
02-03-2005, 07:20 PM
I got my ears peirced when I was a teenager. I looked like a punk rocker at the time so nobody cared about the earings, it was part of the uniform.
Amelie

StephanieCD
02-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I have 5 holes - 3 in the left, 2 in the right. Was a musician at the time so I got away with it.

Love the avatar, Amelie, again.

Vallari
02-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I have 2 piercings in each ear. I wear a red and a blue sparkly stud things in each. Haven't got any comments from anyone yet except my mom who just said "Well, you're the one who has to wear them"

Cathy
02-03-2005, 10:33 PM
I had both ears pierced when I was in my 30’s. At the time I was in middle management but I must say know one has ever said a word. To this day when not at work I wear one earring in each ear. I am now 53 now and stand 6’3” I still don’t care what any one has to say. I like the look

kirsti
02-04-2005, 02:01 AM
I self peirced my left ear when I was 15,another story of the bad boy image(went to the teen bars wearring kiss type stage makeup,I was the only one there trying to prove something that others thought that I was trying to prove,I think it was more of a statement of individuality rather than acceptance of any collective whole,when we accept the norm of collection then we lose our individuality and thus become the great lie).
When I was 24 I peirced the right ear twice and the left ear again so I have currently two peircings in each ear.
My excuse was an honest answer why shouldnt men be allowed to wear earrings in both ears?
Why shouldnt an individual be allowed to be themselves without oppression so as long as that person does not invade upon another persons rights?
I am soverign and beholden to no one I owe no duty to either state nor other citizans,and the state owes no duties to me other than protection of life and property.
as far as earrings I dont have very many pairs right now primarily because im sensitive to metals other than 14k gold,and zirconia for me is just not an option diamonds are a womens best friend in company of gold,so I have a pretty set of gold earrings that are shaped like little bonnets with a burgundy crown around it,and a few pairs of small earrings.
I know the answer is way toooooo long sorry..

maidtina
02-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Just wondering how many of you have your ears pierced and how you explained it to people.

Had mine pierced when I was 44. I'd been worried about responses at work and so had waited for a period when I wasn't working. Apart from that no one has really commented or bothered.

You could always say that you're a David Beckham fan by way of an excuse but I think that would be more embarrasing than saying that you're a transvestite.

Vickie-CD
02-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Both of mine are and have been pierced, honestly, no-one has ever asked (I'm sure some have noticed and wondered about it), so I have never had to explain.
But I would like to say that I have a very good friend, strait, not into dressing etc.. that plays lead guitar in a local rock band. He has two piercings in each ear. Because of the rock band, nobody thinks anything about it. He is really cool and fun, you never know what he is going to look like one week to the next.
Love,
Vickie

Vickie-CD
02-04-2005, 06:54 AM
I got my ears peirced when I was a teenager. I looked like a punk rocker at the time so nobody cared about the earings, it was part of the uniform.
Amelie
Amelie, loved punk rock, really into the Ramones. "Beat on the Brat"!!!!!!
Vickie

Teddie
02-04-2005, 07:04 AM
I had to wait until I retired, the FD would really frown on it. But, now both are pierced, only once :( so far. And, that may change. But, I love the feeling of long dangly earrings :D :D Especially really big hoops. :p

LindaTS
02-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Both of my ears are pierced and have been for about 30 years. Not one person has ever noticed them unless I said something. And because I didn't want to remove them at night for sleeping the holes are elongated. They still don't know it. I guess people just don't look at ears.

AnnaMaria
02-04-2005, 09:47 AM
I have only my left ear pierced right now. I have been thinking about getting the other one done to match but I think I am going to wait until my wife has had a chance to get a little more comfortable with Anna before I bring it up. I have to be really careful what I wear in metal due to the fact that I am alergic to most metals. The only jewelry i wear right now is my wedding ring. But I have been looking for other stuff that I will be able to wear from time to time. It's just something else to add to the list for the future.

huggs
anna

Paula A
02-04-2005, 12:27 PM
I have no percings, I have told the world I thought it was weird for a guy to have them, I was always putting up a false front. I have thought about it a lot recently, my wife asked me the other day while at the mall, if I wanted a set, maybe next time I'll say "Sure, lets do it."

You could always say that you're a David Beckham fan by way of an excuse but I think that would be more embarrasing than saying that you're a transvestite.

Tina
No I don't think emulating him would be too bad, he's got awsome skills, huge ego, but awsome skills. what would be embarassing would be to say that your a Dennis Rodman fan LOL :D

LindaTS
02-04-2005, 02:28 PM
I have no percings, I have told the world I thought it was weird for a guy to have them, I was always putting up a false front. I have thought about it a lot recently, my wife asked me the other day while at the mall, if I wanted a set, maybe next time I'll say "Sure, lets do it."

Tina
No I don't think emulating him would be too bad, he's got awsome skills, huge ego, but awsome skills. what would be embarassing would be to say that your a Dennis Rodman fan LOL :D

Oh Paula, don't wait any longer. You'll love it hon. So many earrings to choose from.

malecynthia
02-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Almost a year ago we saw Boy George on UK telly and my wife said she thought I would suit a pair of dangling earrings such as he was wearing. I am 63 and thought she was joking. The next time we were away from home she took me into a jeweller's and asked the assistant to pierce both my ears. I just sat there and did as I was told. At first I only wore discreet gold studs, but since my ears healed I wear danglies when we are away from home, as it amuses my wife to see me blushing when people smile at each other after seeing a 6'3" man wearing feminine earrings.
Apart from the earrings I now wear ladies undies all the time and tight, side-zipped ladies trousers when outside our own locality.
Who said life begins at 40? For me it was 60. I'm not a full cross dresser, but I now enjoy being a sissy man from time to time.

heather 35
03-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi maddie
Had my ears pierced about 3 months ago (twice).Could'nt wait to try in all the fancy ear rings on offer. Then about 2 weeks after got my naval pierced which feels so sexy,especially if i am wearing a low cut top. Have now got my nose pierced as well as my boyfriend said it would made me look even more sexy.

Richelle
03-15-2005, 03:11 PM
I have only my left ear pieced. Years ago my wife approved me getting my ear pieced, however since then she has changed her mind and does not allow me to wear my earring when she is around.

I would love to have my right ear pieced, but so long as my wife disapproves of my cross-dressing I will honor her wishes and not get it pieced.

When out, I use either clip on or magnetic earrings. The magnetic work well as they look more like pierced than most clip-on earrings.

Richelle

micheller
03-15-2005, 03:55 PM
My wife and I got got our ears pierced yesterday (she wanted a second set, I just had one set done. )- we wanted a bonding experience. So far only 5 people at the office have noticed (out of 50), or at least noticed and said something. I also shaved off the goatee that I've had for about 4 years, so people may be having a hard time noticing anything past that! Its not looked down upon here.

Nikki A.
03-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Had my left ear pierced at 45. As I was selling cheap used cars at the time, when the owner of the dealership asked why I just said it was to better bond with the clientel. No problems since then anybody else asks, male menopause or I just felt like it. Now I would like to get the other one done but wife isn't too cool with it when I bring it up.

donnie123abc1
03-16-2005, 02:23 AM
My ears have natural holes in them. I use them to hear with. Sometimes my wife thinks I have them turned off. I've never had my ears pierced. Not because I can't but because I simply don't want to. My brains have a hard enough time staying in there without providing a new avenue of escape for them by drilling holes in my ears!!!!

But thats just me.

Dawn Marrie (Thats Who I Be !)

Rachel Ann
03-16-2005, 04:44 AM
When I had one ear pierced in the 80s, there were all sorts of rules about men and earrings: you could only wear one, right ear for gays, left ear for straights, no jewels, etc..

Nowadays you can do anything you want. When I was walking back from the piercing place to my car, I noticed that about half the men walking down the street had identical earrings in each ear.

First, I made the mistake of going to one if those cheap places in the mall where they have an unskilled teen clerk using a gun. A lost stud and an infection later, I went to a proper piercing/tattoo place that had clinic-level sanitation and people who knew what they were doing. I picked out heavy-duty 24K gold healing studs and discarded the remaining one from the botched job (it turned out to have a bent post!). It was only $15 more than the cheap place and I have had no problems since.

:)

sarah
03-16-2005, 05:16 AM
I have both my ears pierced so I can wear girly earings.
Had them pierced when I was young and told people it was the in thing to do ( I don't think anybody believed me).
I have both ears pierced twice but only wear three earrings two diamond studs and one sleeper i dont really know what i would do without my piercings I look so forward to wearing matching earings when iam dressed i usually stick to the two studs and then add danglies in the other holes the only comment i get is usually from children who want to know why a man is wearing girls jewellery .mind you this reminds me that a little sarah is out there everyday.xxx

eldonvon
03-25-2005, 03:24 PM
I have left ear done. Also wear toe ring on left foot. Am considering nipples. Love wearing jewellery when dressed! Really love my toe ring!!! Anyone else wear one?Looking forward to getting some womens jeans. I have worn a pair of my wife's and they fit much better than men's.