PDA

View Full Version : Sitting

Jalay65
02-15-2007, 12:33 PM
How do all your girls sit like a lady? My legs are muscular and I can't cross my legs in the same way a gg does. Does it just take practice? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

marie354
02-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Well.... We aren't really built like women, so there are a lot of things that just can't be done. Crossing my legs sometimes pinches me, especially if not tucked properly, although that does make it a bit easier. I've been sitting all my life with my ankles crossed tucked under a chair or off to the side. Never really sat with my knees very far apart, but I'm in my 50's and some things are second nature to me now.
So, just try crossing your ankles and turning a bit to the side. It's worked for me all these years.
Now walking without swaying my shoulders like a guy, or speaking in a soft feminine voice are the real challenges for me at this point.

JoAnnDallas
02-15-2007, 01:18 PM
I find it prfectly normal to cross on leg over the knee of the other leg and then place my hands in my lap. It feels werid if I sit with my legs cross the way othr men do. I even find myself running my hands under my pant legs as I start to sit down. Just like if I was wearing a skirt or dress.

ChristinefromOz
02-15-2007, 01:39 PM
So, just try crossing your ankles and turning a bit to the side. It's worked for me all these years.
Yes, I find that a comfortable femme postion, too.

Karren H
02-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Don't know how I do it but I sit like a lady no matter how I'm dressed... Lol

Karren

trannie T
02-15-2007, 02:49 PM
My mother never taught me how to sit while wearing a dress. She thought she was raising a boy.

susie evans
02-16-2007, 05:15 PM
i haddent payed any attention untill you said some thing i will check it out :hugs:

susie

linnea
02-16-2007, 05:17 PM
So, just try crossing your ankles and turning a bit to the side.
This is pretty much how I sit. It is what I have observed in a lot of GGs too.

Lisa Baby
02-16-2007, 05:48 PM

Karren

I am like Karren. I haven't placed an ankle on my knee for more years than I can remember. It is just more natural to sit like a lady for me.

Lisa

Michelle 51
02-16-2007, 08:06 PM
I always sit with my knees apart......what...is there something wrong with that:tongueout

Well if you like short skirt's like i do it wouldn't be lady like but hey.I guess it depend's on who's looking Justabit

MarieTS
02-16-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't really think about it Erin because it just seems like the natural thing to do for me. But as they say... "Practice makes perfect."

Observe every woman in your personal universe, watch the women on television, etc. The key womanly advice is to always keep your legs closed either by...
a. crossing your legs
or
b. crossing ankles.
See my avatar.
The other popular, and comfortable option, is to spread your ankles widely but rotate your knees inward so they touch together, effectively closing your upper legs/inner thighs.

Here's to sitting like a lady :-)

PrincessBelle1959
02-16-2007, 08:25 PM
Sitting ladylike is always right. It usually depends on my mood and who's around.

JeanneF
02-17-2007, 02:06 AM

Karren

Same here. I sometimes have to correct myself at the office when I realize how my legs are crossed when I'm sitting at my desk.

GINA-CD
02-17-2007, 03:33 AM
I can cross my legs like a lady, tucked or not. and I take the opportunity and do it everytime I can... makes me feel sexy even when in drab.

Marianna Julianna
02-17-2007, 03:40 AM
I guess I'm lucky, I've never had a problem sitting like a lady (well as long as everythings properly tucked away anyway) legs being pretty slim, etc. Mind you I was trained not to cross my legs or ankles to avoid thrombosis a long time ago, might have helped a little that.

Deidra Cowen
02-17-2007, 06:41 AM
I had a hard time sitting and crossing my legs like a lady but I kept at it and it just started to happen. Have no idea how that came about but I am guessing I trained my leg muscles to stretch.

I have noticed that upper class guys..successful movie stars, big executives...cross their legs kinda like girls do. But most guys do the deal with the foot right near the knee which is more macho I guess

Rachel Morley
02-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Well of course sitting with one leg crossed over the other is only one way of sitting like a lady. I sometimes just put my ankles and knees together or sometimes just my knees..... and in case you get confused, no, none of these pics is me. However the one the left is a cder.

MsEva
02-17-2007, 01:14 PM
How do all your girls sit like a lady? My legs are muscular and I can't cross my legs in the same way a gg does. Does it just take practice? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Yup me too! I have to catch myself to make sure I don't do the same leg cross when not en femme:D
I guess it is all in the tuck technique.

Jenn S.
02-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I almost always sit with my legs crossed, but I actually had to exercise my inner thighs for awhile to be able to sit with my legs together, as in the above pictures. It takes alot of getting used to.

Colleentg
02-17-2007, 03:08 PM
I've never really thought about that much, but I know how I do because of people's comments, like at work. Those rednecks will sometimes make a comment like "how can you sit like that w/o crushing your nuts?" Even now and then, "why do you sit like a girl"? I think it came naturally.

SandyR
02-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Every once in awhile my wife will whisper to me and say "you need to stop crossing your leggs like Sandy". Its the one part of both I can't seem to separte.........

Huggs....

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-17-2007, 03:18 PM
just read this post , and thought id add. when i sit ( lol ) i sit on one leg . ( tucked under other ) BUT if i have apointment etc i sit , ankles crossed and legs to one side so it looks more lady like !! :o but i prefer just to chill in me chair and sit with one leg under other !! :D

marie354
02-17-2007, 03:29 PM
I've sat with my ankles crossed in male mode and I've only had one person all my life ask me why I sat like a girl. I've done it all my life, and it's just a comfortable way to sit for me anyway. I never gave it any thought until that time when I was asked.

Suzie S.
02-18-2007, 05:06 AM
I can't explain it either. When I'm dressed, it all seems to come natural. Never really thought about it. It's the same with body language and gestures, it's there all the time. I have to remember which clothes I have on sometimes, alot spills over to drab mode and I have to catch myself. :heehee:

Wenda
02-18-2007, 08:31 AM
It can be tricky! I did a little public appearance en femme as a 'Dolly" type character, wearing a bicycle skirt which luckily has the panties sewn in. I thought I had my legs squeezed together, but one of the pics that 'friends' sent out on the internet gave a clear view all the way up to the panties. Luckily I was well tucked and gaffed under the bicycle skirt. It's not as easy as it looks. w.

Nina_Hyena
02-18-2007, 09:13 AM
practice makes perfect. ;)

kaitlin
02-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Hi Girls, When I first started I had problems sitting with my legs crossed in a fem way, I was in a strain all the time. Then one day I noticed that men tend to sit flat on their behind and cross one leg over. Most women sit kind of sideways, I found if I cross my right leg over the left and then rotate my hips some to the left, it feels alot better and looks very fem. Give it a try, it might be that trick your looking for. Kaitlin

Rachel Morley
02-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Here's a picture of me in my old wig. I sometimes sit like this when en femme, but it takes a little bit of practice to feel "normal".

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6946/legs5rn.jpg

Cristi
02-18-2007, 04:22 PM
I find myself crossing my legs like a girl sometimes at work. Nobody has said anything about it... yet.

I was out enfemme on halloween once when I was working as a consultant and one of the girls in an office I was visiting gave me tips on 'how to sit like a lady' which helped, since I had a short skirt on at the time! She showed me the 'ankles crossed and legs off to the side' alternative, which I'd never really paid enough attention to notice before.

I also find myself reaching to smooth my skirt sometimes when I sit down, even when I am in pants at work. It is a habit I picked up from dressing so much and I now do it automatically. Something else I'll have to keep an eye on.

Finally, I did something in High School that I didn't even know was a 'girl-boy' thing until I was teased about it. If you look, you'll notice that most boys cary their schoolbooks down at their side against the hip, while girls tend to hold their books with a bent elbow, against their chest.

Without ever thinking about it, I always carried mine like a girl. It is just the way that came naturally to me. This was a source of no end of amusement to some of the other boys :( Even now, if I have something like that to cary, I'll do it that way.

michellebesweet
02-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Keep those legs closed Erin. My problem is just fat legs. It is hard for me to cross them. I like it better just keeping them closed very close together.

Angie G
02-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I cross my legs over the knee when dressed it feels good :hugs:
Angie

Tina Dixon
02-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I can sit like a lady for a bit but it does get uncomfortable.