PDA

View Full Version : Please excuse my ignorance, but...

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-03-2005, 10:31 PM
How does one start a poll?
It seems that some have made it clear that we GG's are not wanted here..

" Sheesh if this is such a big deal to everyone just get rid of the GG one we have now and lets not have any here. It's not like there's not other places they can go for help anyways. "

I would like to start a poll to see if this is actually true with the majority. If so, I for one, will not stay where I am not wanted and I never would want to bother anyone..

Still lots of love.. Regardless..
:(
Pattie

Helana
02-03-2005, 10:45 PM
I want all the GGs here and posting regularly - understanding and coping with CDing is a two way process. I greatly value all the GGs points of view as it can only make me a better more understanding person. :cool:

Jennifer_G
02-03-2005, 10:49 PM
I want all the GGs here and posting regularly - understanding and coping with CDing is a two way process. I greatly value all the GGs points of view as it can only make me a better more understanding person. :cool:

me too, me too, what Helana said, just exactly the same :)

lynnegirlie
02-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't know the first thing about polls, but I find the support, encouragement, advice, understanding of the GGs on this forum to be one of it's strongest attributes.

Thank you for being part of this group!

Sincerely,

Lynne

Danielle1960
02-03-2005, 10:51 PM
I want you gg here too. :)

DebbieThomas
02-03-2005, 10:56 PM

OMG :eek: I cant beleive this is the case. we need you GG's please dont let afew ppl comments push you/any GG from this site. remember sometime we may not want to hear what you say but deep down we do. :o

Tracie Lynn
02-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Plese stay I really like haveing GGs here and wish their were more of them I really value your knowledge, insight, and advice so I hope you hang around.

ChristineRenee
02-03-2005, 11:06 PM
How does one start a poll?

" Sheesh if this is such a big deal to everyone just get rid of the GG one we have now and lets not have any here. It's not like there's not other places they can go for help anyways. "

I would like to start a poll to see if this is actually true with the majority. If so, I for one, will not stay where I am not wanted and I never would want to bother anyone..

Still lots of love.. Regardless..
:(
PattiePattie,
I can do a poll for you if you want, but honestly, I think you are going to find that the vast majority of us on this site both admire and respect you and your sister GG's and would NOT want to see you driven away. I'll venture to say, that you will see a groundswell of support just within the response to this thread. Please stay and continue to provide your very valuable and welcomed comments and support to us. We value and appreciate the insight and support that you GG's provide and contribute to towards the ultimate success of this forum.

Love you all,
Christine

Tristen Cox
02-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi Pattie, there's no reason for you to leave. Things flare up quick and sometimes you need preparation H to correct them. Anyhow, as you will see here, things come and go. I really hope you aren't offended by anyone. We need you here, so please stick around. *big hugs*

Love
Tristen

Rachel Ann
02-03-2005, 11:22 PM
It seems that some have made it clear that we GG's are not wanted here.
We LOVE and NEED our GGs, please don't go because of what a few say.

Ava Mouse
02-03-2005, 11:27 PM
I HIGHLY value GG opinions! We can help you understand us, AND I can learn how to support my wife better, too. We all benefit from having you here.

I'm shocked to hear that some may have been rude to GG's, but please keep in mind that, as with many open/public groups, a few vocal people can ruin it for the rest...

Ashleigh
02-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Patty,

I was going to PM you this message, but I think all should read it. This is sincerely from my heart.

I sincerely wish and hope that every GG on this forum stays with us CDers and will continue to assist and support us in our trials and successes. You, the GGs are my guiding light.

Patty, your first post and subsequent posts showed uncommon love and desire to help others you have never even met before. The other GGs whose posts I have had the priviledge to read are the same way or they wouldn't be here.

I believe the GGs should have thier own area if they desire, but wish you all would post more on the CD forum. I miss the frequency and wisdom of your helpful posts.

Please do not be discouraged. The adversary works against good people to turn them away from doing good and uses discouragement, hate, confusion, and so on to accomplish this. Please disregard anything that is said or done that is designed to harm in any way and know that you are sincerely appreciated, loved, and wanted here.

I so hope and pray you will know this from my heart. Without you GGs, we drift. We need you.

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I want you gg here too. :)Thank you so much Ladies and believe me, I want to stay. I can take the bashing of few, if the rest do want us GG's to stay. I don't want to leave. All the things I have said and the support I have tried to give, has been directly from my heart. I write for few reasons. First and foremost, I write to support all of you, starting with my Gem. I have the utmost respect for your courage, your conviction and your ongoing struggles. I write to support myself and to find friends that know what our life is all about. I am so lucky I have, both CD's and GG's. I also write with the hope that another GG, such as letsdance did, (Hey Girl!) will take the step to join. I am sad to say though, that if they were to read the recent posts, I doubt they would stick around. We all have our sorrows in life, we all know how true that is, but when you finally take the steps out of the shadows, the last thing we need is to be criticized. All that does is send us back farther into the place we tried to emerge from. Escape from. I think that what has taken me back the most, is being discriminated against from those who know all too well, what it is like to be in that position.

So anyway, like I said, I do not want to leave. I just want to make sure I am actually helping and contributing, not causing a problem.

Lots of Love,
Pattie

Ashleigh
02-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Patty,

If not for anything else, stay for those of us who need you, like me.

Having faith that you and the others will stay, I say THANK YOU in advance.

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-03-2005, 11:56 PM
Patty,

I was going to PM you this message, but I think all should read it. This is sincerely from my heart.

I sincerely wish and hope that every GG on this forum stays with us CDers and will continue to assist and support us in our trials and successes. You, the GGs are my guiding light.

Patty, your first post and subsequent posts showed uncommon love and desire to help others you have never even met before. The other GGs whose posts I have had the priviledge to read are the same way or they wouldn't be here.

I believe the GGs should have thier own area if they desire, but wish you all would post more on the CD forum. I miss the frequency and wisdom of your helpful posts.

Please do not be discouraged. The adversary works against good people to turn them away from doing good and uses discouragement, hate, confusion, and so on to accomplish this. Please disregard anything that is said or done that is designed to harm in any way and know that you are sincerely appreciated, loved, and wanted here.

I so hope and pray you will know this from my heart. Without you GGs, we drift. We need you.
Ashleigh,
Thank you, Sweetheart. Please read my resent post. I do not want to leave and to be honest, I love our GG forum, but love my first home, M>F just as much. I will tell you that I post here more then anything and don't plan on changing that. The GG forum is for us to work out our stuff and to offer a safe haven for those who are not as much at peace with our lifestyle. I think that for some, it will be a starting point. Then hopefully, they will be able to feel comfortable enough to post, as I and the rest of the GG's do, at all the forums. I didn't start there, but am glad I have it and my GG's to turn to when needed. I also want to be able to be there to help other GG's to understand that they are not alone, or anything else. That is why Tamara started it in the first place..
THANK YOU SO MUCH TAMARA!!!!

Lots of Love,
Pattie

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-03-2005, 11:59 PM
I HIGHLY value GG opinions! We can help you understand us, AND I can learn how to support my wife better, too. We all benefit from having you here.

I'm shocked to hear that some may have been rude to GG's, but please keep in mind that, as with many open/public groups, a few vocal people can ruin it for the rest...
Thank you Ava. I do plan on staying. I do love talking with you all and consider myself lucky to have friends as precious as I do...

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-04-2005, 12:13 AM
I do not want to exclude, not even one of you, so I will post this to every single Lady that took the time to write..

We had 35 patients today and to be honest, I am sooooo tired..

But of course, not to tired to come see my Ladies...

I do not plan on leaving, especially after seeing the response to this post. I know all about the few in life that try their hardest to upset the apple cart. The thing about that is, I could never really get mad. I can't help it, my brain always wanders to that.. How come? place. I always wonder what has happened to those who seem to be so cold. Something makes someone that way. It is a learned behavior, just like bigotry and hate.

So I am here to stay as long as I am wanted..
Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart...

Lot of Love,
Pattie

stevie h
02-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Pattie

you must stay.

stevie

xx

Holly
02-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Pattie

I'm a little late to the thread. But as you can tell from what has been posted here as well as elsewhere in the forum, the gg's have been, are, will continue to be welcome here! Your posts have been particularly uplifting to me personally and I thank you for taking the time to be here, support, and encourage myself and the rest of the girls.

As for the gg forum, I hope it is a resounding success. In some ways you, Lily, Tamera, and the other gg,s who support their CD SO's have fewer resources and less support than we do. My ONLY concern is that the time you ladies devote in that forum will detract from the time you all will be able to devote to us here in the MTF forum. Please don't be a stranger!

Hugs

Felicity
02-04-2005, 02:25 AM
I wasn't aware anyone was trying to make the real thing taboo around here. Why would any of us M>F wish not to have opinions or real women? I haven't noticed such postings. Either they were on threads I didn't read, or I skipped past them in a hurry.

Pattie, You have my vote to stay. Now.... I am rather firm in many beliefs and may disagree at times with you on subjects, especially politics. However, I do my best to stay repectful in the process unless venom is earned.

kirsti
02-04-2005, 02:57 AM
By all means please stay,we all could use advice and at least some insight with differant points of veiws.
And yes Ive read a few posts that indicate some bias but thats a personal opinion for whatever reason,as it may be very very personnal as to why a few react the way they do.
They are a minority,as are we.
Im for anyone a non crossdresser,a dresser,a post op,a GG,etc.as they all may suggest a differant reflection of a point of veiw,or simply be here to say its ok.
Effective tolerance.

Allie
02-04-2005, 04:15 AM
i love having ggs around! its really cool to have ggs perspectives, and to know some that are cool with cding! please stay all of you! :)

Vickie-CD
02-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Helana, I agree with your statement. All my life I was always more comfortable having girls for friends, I would hang out with them. I believe this helped me develope in a positive way for me.
Love to All,
Vickie

Lindahexi
02-04-2005, 07:23 AM
:) I have only recently logged on and read your thread, all I can say is that I feel honoured that you have joined us, and sincerely value your contributions, please don't let the odd negative comment persuade you otherwise. You must be aware now from all the good postings on this thread how much we all want you to stay.

Love, hugs, kisses,

Linda.

LindaTS
02-04-2005, 08:19 AM
This girl is definitely not in the "don't want" group. I've known a lot of GG's in my lifetime and they have always given me the support we all want and need. I really hope you stay with us.

Paula A
02-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Patti;
Please don't go, I am late to this thread but please hear my plea.

I just came out to my wife two weeks ago, maybe three, it has been very difficult for her, however she is trying to understand. I have to give here credit for that and ontop of that we are begining to have this openness and honest conversations, true intamacy has been both scary and great at the same time. She even has bought a book, "Normal" by Amy Bloom. she wants to take it slow to absorb it all, which I can understand. I went and bookmarked a few sites that have been helpfull to me, I mentioned to her that there was people at these forums that are going through or went through what she is feeling, questions and all. She said to me that she is an individual with her own thoughts and feelings, she doen't want a girl friend and all that. and she thinks it might be hokey, I don't think i can get her to at least read some of the GG stuff. They talk about shopping and doing each others makeup and swaping clothes. she is not ready for that either, she has basic questions, where to go from here? How do I cope with this? basic stuff.
So please don't go, I need you here, I need your advice. How do I help my wife cope and understand?
Sorry if this sounds like a hy-jacking (changing the subject of thread) but I want you to see that we do need and want you here. Don't let the few boneheads bother you, just like ashleigh posted earlier. If you have any advice and don't want to dicusse it here please PM me, so I don't hy-jack your thread.
Thank you.
Paula

Nina
02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
dosen't that mean horses? :D

I too wish there was more real women here. i'd much rather take advice from real women than people like me. They tend not to hide the truth so much and if you look bad will tell you. So please stay as there's hardly any of you here as it is.

SilkenPrincess
02-04-2005, 03:36 PM
TrueGemini'sWife,
If someone made you feel unwelcome, please be well assured that person is in a very small minority. We love ALL of our GG's. Please stay!
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Priscilla1018
02-04-2005, 03:42 PM
me too, me too, what Helana said, just exactly the same :)
Add me to the list also Jennifer :D

Hugs,
Priscilla

Priscilla1018
02-04-2005, 03:51 PM
Pattie,
Please don't leave, if someone offended you ignore them from now on. We love all of the GGs here they offer us so much insite from their point of view.
Don't let the view of a few bother you, they are a very small petty minority on this site. I still treasure the poem you posted for all of us; I read it every day as I sit down at my desk and check what's going on with my Sisters.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Melissa A.
02-04-2005, 04:24 PM
I Don't know who said that, Pattie, but they do not speak for me! How mean! I don't believe you can have a site like this and not allow wives, girlfriends, or any GG to participate, No matter what their opinions are.

I think if you took a poll, you would find the results overwhelming.

And I have enjoyed your posts. Your'e really nice, and a positive addition to our family.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

MistyCD
02-04-2005, 04:28 PM

.....Since when????

All Girls, whether CD,TV or GG are welcome here !!!!!!!! :)

Julie York
02-04-2005, 04:45 PM

.....Since when????

All Girls, whether CD,TV or GG are welcome here !!!!!!!! :)

Since one pillock decided it was more interesting posting a long politically-correct diatribe about equal rights, than accepting what everyone knows is blatant common sense.

All power to the GGs and common sense I say!! And thank god they have the patience to be here or we'd just be a load of fools emulating a crazed idea of femininity. [Did you know red shoes don't go with pink? Me neither.]

(Pillock:.....Noun.:complete wazzock.)

[That'll keep the googlers busy! LOL)

(I want a secret forum for red shoes. Thank you. No men or women allowed. Just shoes. Oh and white shoes. Oh and a seperate section for black shoes though that would be racist to lets er erm....)

Katiegirl
02-04-2005, 04:51 PM
I agree with the other "girls" the GG's on this site are a very important part of this forum, if you took a poll it would be an overwelming vote of yes stay.

I have also noticed that recently several wives/girlfriends have recently posted threads voicing concerns about their partners CDing, and hopefully the response to their threads helped them. Long may these posts continue too.

:)

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man, Life is a Bitch

Sweet Susan
02-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Baby, Please Don't Go
Baby, Please Don't Go
Baby, Please Don't Go Down To New Orleans
Baby, Please Don't Go

Chrissycd
02-04-2005, 06:08 PM
For many cds, the feeling exists that there isn't a gg in the world who would understand us or want to enter into relationships with us, so your thoughts here are treasured. We NEED you!!!
:)
Chrissy

stevie h
02-04-2005, 07:07 PM
i have not heard wazzock in ages.

nice one babe

pattie i say again stay, for god's sake please stay.

stevie

xx

ps we need ggs

Lily_gg
02-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, I've clearly missed something, because I've been away for a while and am only just trawling through the new posts pages (all nine of them), but I sincerely think that the GGs should all stay here because you're all fantastic, wonderful people. Ummm, I mean we're all fantastic, wonderful people.. Errr, does my vote count? :p

Oh, and I think to start a poll, you start a normal thread, and down the bottom there's some options to put a poll together - underneath the text window somewhere...

TrueGemini'sWife GG
02-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Patti;
Please don't go, I am late to this thread but please hear my plea.

I just came out to my wife two weeks ago, maybe three, it has been very difficult for her, however she is trying to understand. I have to give here credit for that and ontop of that we are begining to have this openness and honest conversations, true intamacy has been both scary and great at the same time. She even has bought a book, "Normal" by Amy Bloom. she wants to take it slow to absorb it all, which I can understand. I went and bookmarked a few sites that have been helpfull to me, I mentioned to her that there was people at these forums that are going through or went through what she is feeling, questions and all. She said to me that she is an individual with her own thoughts and feelings, she doen't want a girl friend and all that. and she thinks it might be hokey, I don't think i can get her to at least read some of the GG stuff. They talk about shopping and doing each others makeup and swaping clothes. she is not ready for that either, she has basic questions, where to go from here? How do I cope with this? basic stuff.
So please don't go, I need you here, I need your advice. How do I help my wife cope and understand?
Sorry if this sounds like a hy-jacking (changing the subject of thread) but I want you to see that we do need and want you here. Don't let the few boneheads bother you, just like ashleigh posted earlier. If you have any advice and don't want to dicusse it here please PM me, so I don't hy-jack your thread.
Thank you.
Paula
Hyjacking welcome, really...

Just to let everyone know, I am not leaving. I love it here and as I have expressed to some, in PM's, the reasons I am here, remains, I want to help. I love you ladies and also because I need you all, too. Though I feel I am pretty well adjusted when it comes to Gem's CDing, it is nice to be able to come here and remember we are not alone and to share my thoughts and feeling not for just for myself, but with the hope that my posts may help others to feel more excepted and less alone, and all honesty, you guys make the very best girlfriends, really!!
Though it sadess me deeply that some GG's have dropped from sight, though it is very upsetting to me, I respect there feeling on doing so and want to let them know they will be truly missed. But nothing is written in stone. I still believe that there is a chance they will change their minds and will come back again.

As far as your wife goes Paula, the best advice I could give is let her find her way on her terms. Obviously she loves you very much and has taken steps toward understanding. It is a lot to deal with, but as long as she is willing to except and educate herself, you two have already cleared a ton of hurdles. See the thing about CDing is, it isn't just a private and personal thing for you girls, it's the same way for us. It takes us a while to be comfortable with "coming out" too. It took me a year to get here and I had less issues to deal with then some GG's. I didn't have the years of secrets and feelings of mistrust, that some GG's have to deal with. I knew almost right away of Gem's true self, and I do believe if I had to deal with those issues also, I am not so sure I would have had such an easy time with it either..

Love each other, give each the space you need right now, without leaving each other feeling alone, and soon enough, I hope you will both see that this is just the begin, of yet another chapter in your lives together. One that will strengthen that bond you already share and will let you both know each other truer, deeper and better, than ever before.

Lots of Love,
;)
Pattie

DaanaTS
04-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Personally, I say you're all more than welcome here :)

alicorsetant
04-14-2005, 05:02 PM
To lose any GG member here would be a travesty, as I firmly belive that our greatest allies are the understanding GG on this planet, you are few and far between, and far from driving away those who understand all that can be done to welcome you should be.
Taken in context the highlighted paragraph, is not the feeling of all who find themselves in gender turmoil, and the origonal poster!! could find themselves curseing the day they wrote it.
Please dont go, at least not on the strength of that comment.

Julie York
04-14-2005, 05:25 PM
This thread is months old. We did this already.

Interesting but not relevant anymore. If you want to post on the subject please start a new thread. Thank you.