PDA

View Full Version : Do you get those days ??

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Do any of you get those days when you really carnt be bothered to do your c/d ?? speaking from a GG point of view, some days its just an effort to make a "effort" !! :o & i was wondering if it gets abit of a chore doing it sometimes +?
i dont wear make-up ( never have ), so that isnt an issue for me, but i would imagin doing it, then taking it off each night, does it because a niggle ? seriously, there are days when us GG's just love slopping around in joggers or whatever , and not having to worry what we look like, and whom see us !! :straightface: just wondered if ever any of you get those days with the c/d :rolleyes:

Marcie Sexton
02-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Two constants I have these days are, one I'm verticle and know it, and two I get to put on my make up...

I get excited all over again when I start to put my face on every morning...It seems to give me energy and a new found youth that I wouldn't normally have...Thats not to say I may get to the point of being to tired or lazy to do it, but for now...I can't wait to get my face on and try new things every day...My avitar quote says it all...a 21st century June Cleaver...now to figure out how to get there...

My wife just shakes her head at me...She has yet to figure out where the energy comes from...if I told her I'd have to kill her:rolleyes: , but...Its the woman in me...

Kate Simmons
02-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Yeah Angie, Sometimes it's just too much work and I have to really push myself to do the girly stuff. Right now I'm in guy mode and am in that mood, so am enjoying that. Taking a vacation, more or less. Who knows? Maybe I'll enjoy it so much, I won't go back. Time will tell.:happy:

tightsgirl
02-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Once I shave my legs I'm a go, however sometimes thats a real chore. I shouldn't bitch some people have very little time to do it.

marie354
02-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Some days, like today, all I've done is pull on some jeans... (Pauses to find earing back) Yea, jeans and a top... I'm not gonna worry about my makeup or hair... Just brush it out a bit. I recorded a few CSI & NCIS shows from On-Demand TV last night and need to edit out the 3 commercials that are in each one. That will take me to lunch time, and maybe I'll think about something to eat, and kick back and watch a movie. Just a lazy day for me.

Angie G
02-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Angie I don't wear make-up as a rulethe wife don't like it but when I've got the house to myself I put some on and love it I don't got to do it that often so it hard for it to get old :hugs:
Angie

Tina B.
02-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Yes, I for one have that kind of day from time to time, being retired I have a chance to dress pretty much when ever I want, and sometimes, just sometimes, I get up start to get dressed, and aw heck why bother, throw on a old skirt and a tee shirt, and call it a go, or just grab a pair of sweats, and don't female it up at all, and I can go for days with shaving (face that is).
I think that is just human nature, and the dressing, it comes and goes at times.
Tina B.

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-16-2007, 09:16 AM
suppose its not laziness really, just it is a chore every now & then to make a effort. i for one, dont get all dressed up for supermarket lol :o and re the make-up, it makes my skin sore ( tried the hypo allergic as well ). so i just stopped using it !! nail polish makes me skin crawl lol :straightface: i have a real phobia of it !! ( yes im a odd GG lol ) !!
BUT..... i have a really strong urge to get a nail ring :p think they are mint !! so that would be me getting dressed up lol :rolleyes:

Wenda
02-16-2007, 09:17 AM
My interest strted to ebb last October, and hit bottom when I received a nasty PM from someone on the forum. I deleted my PM options, and didn't view the forum again for a very long time. I packed most of my clothes, boots and shoes into suitcases, and stored them downstairs (freed up a LOT of closet space!). I kept my favourite pair of jeans, a denim skirt, two tops, the ankle boots in my avatar and two of my favourite pairs of boots and 3 pairs of shoes. I really had very little urge to wear them.
Last month, I started wearing the boots again, and the last three nights have have attached my favourite breast forms in the evening, so it seems to be building. In the meantime, I have kept my legs and chest clean shaven, but have let a little hair re-grow in the pubic area, because I don't feel like tucking and taping.
Interesting post, thanks.:happy:

marie354
02-16-2007, 09:29 AM
suppose its not laziness really, just it is a chore every now & then to make a effort. i for one, dont get all dressed up for supermarket lol :o and re the make-up, it makes my skin sore ( tried the hypo allergic as well ). so i just stopped using it !! nail polish makes me skin crawl lol :straightface: i have a real phobia of it !! ( yes im a odd GG lol ) !!
BUT..... i have a really strong urge to get a nail ring :p think they are mint !! so that would be me getting dressed up lol :rolleyes:

Interesting... A nail ring? Got any pics of ones you like?

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Theres two types, this one which just goes over nail41602 OR, the one i prefer , where you get ur finger nail pierced and a ring ( like one of these ) put through, bit like pierced ear 41603:D

marie354
02-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks WB GG! That is very interesting to say the least. I don't know about puting danglies on the end of my nails, but I like the first ones.

ToyGirl
02-16-2007, 09:50 AM
i like the nail piercings , seen a model with it many years back and allways wanted to do it someday.

Yes make-up can be get bothersome , but so can looking in the mirror without it :p

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-16-2007, 10:00 AM
ive never been that intrested really in make -up !! maybe the odd bit of lip-gloss ere & there thats about it !! i like the "AU NATURAL" look really :o if i do wear it ( very very rare ), then its coffee colours, and tans, same for lipstick . :happy:

veronicagirl
02-16-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm single and own my own home; so I can dress how and when I want. There are some days when I dress in what would be "girl grunge" clothes. I have some well worn sweatpants in girl colors that I wear with mismatched girl tees. Add in some femme sneakers and a touch of lippie......that's it for the day.

Daintre
02-16-2007, 10:10 AM
To answer your original question Angie, I find that I have the best of intentions, I plan a session but when the time comes to let Jenni out I find myself saying that it is to much of a bother. My drab wardrobe is actually all female, my cargo pants, tops underwear and coats are all ladies, but, they have an androgynous look. I am never taken for a lady dressed in them. The only thing that people notice are my earrings, I guess because my ears are double pierced.

marie354
02-16-2007, 10:17 AM
WB GG... Angie, you are really one of the lucky women, judging from avatar pics you had previously, you really don't need any makeup at all. Like my SO, your own natural beauty is all that you need. I'm sure that there are a lot of CD's here that wish they could look as good without makeup... I need tons of it myself. When I was wearing makeup every day, I had to buy liquid base and eye shadow almost every week. That can get very expensive.
I usually wear a bit of lipstick every day as well. L'Oreal 300 when I'm home or a generic gloss when I go out.

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-16-2007, 10:34 AM
lol ty hun :hugs: me pic is differant lol !! close up is diffo again !! :eek: dunno how these models/film stars manage to do it every day going through same ole routinue to look good !! im sure they must have "slob" days when they just wanna be themseleves without all the make-up and fancy clothes !!

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I think we are all at times lazy about our appearance and attire but for some of us that don't get to dress all the time and wear make-up regularly I'm sure it is a thrill to get all dolled up when the oppurtunity does present itself. I can be totally exhausted but if I know it's my chance to get dressed up i always find the energy, it seems to really energize me.

kaitlin
02-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Hi WB, Yeah I get those days alot, just don't feel up to the work of getting fixed up. So it's the (yuck) male grunge look. One of the things I have thought so much about is related to this topic, when a GG gets all fixed up they are, for the most part, stunning. Hair, makeup, nails, WOW. But on the days they just feel lazy, no much to do, just kick back at home and watch TV, they are still cute. My girl is mouth dropping pretty when she is dressed up but she is also sooo cute in just her oversize sweat suit, and her hair pulled back. When I don't get fixed up in either mode I look like I'm homeless or something. Kaitlin

Toyah
02-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I do have days where I just cannot be arsed usually when I am tired or just angry with the world tonight may or may not be one of those days have not decided yet.
If I dress I have to dress fully thats just the way I am.

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-16-2007, 02:35 PM
its alot eaiser sometimes to just throw something simple on !! and thank you for all ur feed back :hugs:

Victoria Anne
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Angie, absolutely yes I do have those days where I dont even want to bother dressing and I dont . That said I always underdress no matter what but if I'm having a bad morning thats it,and I usually wear at least a little make up each day.

Jadeanne
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
My loving, supporting wife doesn't use makeup and I don't use it very often - I don't really have storage or application area organized that well, and the prep time cuts down on my internet time.

I retired last April and have lots of dress up opportunities but don't always feel inclined to take advantage of each and every one of them.

When I do dress femme, it's usually everything but makeup, including wig (especially in the winter to help keep my bald head warm :) ).

Jadeanne

ashlee chiffon
02-16-2007, 02:45 PM
don't do makeup everyday, so that's not a bother...but i feel Best when i have my bra, enhancers, panties,skirt, fem top, on....so when i get home i look forward to changing and feeling as girly as i can...weekends moreso...but never lose the need to wear panties and if i can get away with it, a bra under my reg clothes...
just part of being the most comfortible for me...i prefer skirts to pants...on cold days, long skirts...
Have never tired of this my whole, long life....just part of whom i like to be!

Jenn S.
02-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Sorta like today? Yeah, I've been sick for two days so it's all I can do to get to class, much less put any effort into apperance. :o

kerrianna
02-16-2007, 02:57 PM
It's why most days I DON'T CD. I'm sloppy as it is as a guy (and you know that can be VERY sloppy :D ) and some days just shaving seems to be too much bother. I'm more interested in getting on with my life than impressing the world with my startling good looks. :D (good thing too, seeing as the SGL are in short supply...:heehee: )

Ellie C
02-16-2007, 03:00 PM
too true

LindaTS
02-16-2007, 03:27 PM
It's not unusual for me to get that way. I'm totally dressed, complete with makeup almost every day. Sometimes I feel like I'd really like to go without all of this for a day or two but I always seem to get things done. And I always feel better after I'm through with it all.

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-16-2007, 03:35 PM
It's why most days I DON'T CD. I'm sloppy as it is as a guy (and you know that can be VERY sloppy :D ) and some days just shaving seems to be too much bother. I'm more interested in getting on with my life than impressing the world with my startling good looks. :D (good thing too, seeing as the SGL are in short supply...:heehee: )
lol :straightface: arrrh :hugs: well even the least effort can still look good :thumbsup:

Suzie S.
02-17-2007, 06:02 AM
I get an odd day like that myself. Usually getting dressed is the first thing on my mind each day. But, with the weather being soooo cold the last few weeks, I've ended up in a sweatshirt and jeans lately. Maybe it's just the winter blues. :sad: Today is Saturday, and Suzie still hasn't shown up yet! I thinks she gettin' cabin fever! Send help.......:bonk:

Deidra Cowen
02-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Sometimes especially on Fridays after working all day I am a bit tired. I will have plans that I made with other girls ahead of time so I have to go out. I will admit sometimes I really am not motivated to go in the bathroom and start the 2 hour process to convert over to Deidra Mode. :eek:

However just about everytime as soon as I am finished I perk right back up and find myself in a good mood once dressed up. Then its off to Starbucks to get a big cup of coffee and head on to the clubs.

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-17-2007, 06:37 AM
thank you all for ur input :hugs: i was really quite surrpised with some of ur replies !! but very much appreciated :love:

lowlavalentine
02-17-2007, 08:50 AM
The chances where I really get to be dolled up are so few that each time becomes quite special. For those of us that only get to dress on occasion the effort is actually a pleasure. For cd's that have the opportunity to dress frequently or full time I could see the luster tarnishing a bit.

Wendy me
02-17-2007, 09:03 AM
i just got done with 5 of them days in a row .... up at 3 am and out the door by 4 am ... back home by from 3 pm till abought 6 pm .... although a temp thing relay knocked my system for a loop... not a lot of Wendy maintenance was going on lol ..... muck better today .......

Vaerise
02-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Do any of you get those days when you really carnt be bothered to do your c/d ?? speaking from a GG point of view, some days its just an effort to make a "effort" !! :o & i was wondering if it gets abit of a chore doing it sometimes +?
i dont wear make-up ( never have ), so that isnt an issue for me, but i would imagin doing it, then taking it off each night, does it because a niggle ? seriously, there are days when us GG's just love slopping around in joggers or whatever , and not having to worry what we look like, and whom see us !! :straightface: just wondered if ever any of you get those days with the c/d :rolleyes:

All the time actually. I mean its nice looking pretty and all, but it really becomes a chore at times. There are just instances that you want to dress simple and get stuff done. I guess its really depends on your mood and where you really want to go or who you want to meet. And yes, I share that sentiment too, sometimes you just dont want to have to worry about appearances, and its nice having an SO who can look beyond physical attributes.

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-18-2007, 08:45 AM
im having one of those carnt be bothered look days lol !! :o just jogging bottoms & t-shirt on. sundays is "slob" day lol :D

Sheila
02-18-2007, 08:49 AM
got to say that my CDR does and I can't figure, but it does drive me up the wall sometimes especially as we have had to make the most of the time we do have, due to having a 10yr old and a 23 yr old living with us and they know nothing about Claire.

looking forward to the day when it all becomes the norm rather than the exception

jess

myMichelle
02-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Do I ever have one of those days? Absolutely. There are some days when I just don't feel the inclination to dress as Michelle. Fortunately, those days don't happen often--but they do happen. I suppose it's only human nature for all of us, whether CD,GG,GM, MTF,FTM you name it.

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-20-2007, 07:27 AM
i noticed something as well today , a conversation i was having with some other GG's ( not from forum ), that now adays, they just prefer jeans, top, not skirts. one made comment that women (some i may add ), feel abit intimated wearing a skirt !! dunno why ?? think its a comfort thing myself, but i must admit its very rare i see a GG wearing a skirt !! i do like them, but prefer trousers to be honest !! :D

wendy
02-20-2007, 04:26 PM
is there times that i don't feel like cd ? yes. recently due to medical reasons, I was not feeling well for at least 3 weeks and during that time period I had zero desire to dress up at all.

RobertaFermina
02-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Dear Wicked One!

I only get about 3 chances a week to transform, and I've never been in the
"can't bother" mood.

For me it's more like, I can't be bothered to take it all off.

I outed myself to my family because I just couldn't bear to spoil an awesome nail polish job before a saturday family visit, when I planned to go out sunday night.

That would be quite a balancing point for me, should I ever feel like *not* making up and dressing up.

I am considering a new initiative to find a look with *minimal* make-up, as most gg's seem to be most of the time. I might even have to grow hair on this bald head of mine and get a !!gack!! hairpiece. It would be nice to find a low-maintenance fem look that works with jeans and a hoodie.

Blessed Be!

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Julie York
02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Crossdressing is the creation of an illusion of femininity. It is done for (mostly) creating an idea, a feeling that goes with the image and so if you are male it is by choice and doesn't disappoint anyone if you can't be bothered.

Women are bombarded with images that are an expectation of what the media says they should be, to fullfill the role as a sexy adequate woman. This is a burden that is unfair...but then so is not farting, not burping the National Anthem and slumming in front of the football game.

You're allowed a day off.....but not too many. Baggy jogging pants and slippers are right up there with black sabbath t-shirt and body odour. You've been warned.

:D

Sweet Jane
02-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi

most of my days arre the cant be bothered days....I so rarely go all the way with makeup and femme outerwear. But yes, I could imagine that I would tire of always having to have my hair, face and clothing just right.

Cassy11
02-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Not every day is a CD day. When I do dress it's how I feel that tells me how far to go. Sometimes it's just panties, pantyhose jeans and flats, other times it's full makeup and skirt & blouse.
I can still remember saying to my wife of now 39 years, what is taking you so long to get ready to go out.

Alice Torn
02-20-2007, 10:19 PM
I went about 4 months without dressing at all. Then, I have done it twice, within a week, and took photos. I either dress all the way-wig, makeup, stuffed bra, pantyhose, and heels, and dress, or skirt and top. No partial dressing.

Rachel Morley
02-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Short answer: yes and no.

When I first started dressing the answer was no, I never found it a chore not for second. Then after dressing kinda became a more common thing in my life the answer would be yes, it was a chore, especially full makeup. Two hours to get ready just to go out to buy groceries en femme. Nowadays, I've gotten much better and faster at applying makeup and with my new wig (see avatar) as a motivating thing that I love wearing, I no longer find it a chore..... just enjoyable.

Trisha
02-21-2007, 01:19 AM
nope cant say i do i like getting dressed putting on makeup and all them good things some times for days or weeks at a time my wife is the same never gets old :D

Rachaelb64
02-21-2007, 06:57 AM
Ask me that question again? :D

I was going to post something pseudo-intellectual, but Sue isn't talking to me right now :D

Some days or nights (I work shifts) I come home cook a meal, throw on my male slops or mix 'n' match and veg in front of the box.........

Then there others when I cant wait to dress had to toe :D

Going with the flow is my rule of thumb these days :D

Iniquity Blonde GG
02-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Crossdressing is the creation of an illusion of femininity. It is done for (mostly) creating an idea, a feeling that goes with the image and so if you are male it is by choice and doesn't disappoint anyone if you can't be bothered.

Women are bombarded with images that are an expectation of what the media says they should be, to fullfill the role as a sexy adequate woman. This is a burden that is unfair...but then so is not farting, not burping the National Anthem and slumming in front of the football game.

You're allowed a day off.....but not too many. Baggy jogging pants and slippers are right up there with black sabbath t-shirt and body odour. You've been warned.

:D
that is the point though, and well said !! the "media" do portray that women should look good 24/7 :mad: its impossible !! unless you have a montrage of people following you everywhere & seeing to your every need :mad:
"real" women are the ones who DONT have to look decent 24/7, who DONT care if their hair or mak-up isnt spot on, being YOU is the main thing :happy: not what people perceive you should be :rolleyes:

lostmyhubby GG
02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
I guess I have days everyday now that i dont bother or want to dress up anymore, it used to be exciting to dress up for my husband......but i lost him!!! he he he he he so i dont bother anymore......he gets more out of dressing himself anyway it doesnt matter what i wear.

Colleentg
02-27-2007, 02:17 AM
I can't say I get tired of it, its just a daily ritual and it does feel good. There are days when I don't do so much, then later the same day, I'll just go ahead and do more. It's a self-image thing, I think. I don't wear much makeup myself, and really never needed to, I still pass in (GG-considered) 'comfy' clothing. My basic comforts are a little more serious than comfy, but not over-flamboyant or flashy.

MJ
02-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Do any of you get those days when you really carnt be bothered to do your c/d ?? speaking from a GG point of view,
some days its just an effort to make a "effort" !! :o & i was wondering if it gets abit of a chore doing it sometimes +?

yes sometimes i just dress comfy no makeup and my own hair ewww

carolinebrookes
02-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I do have days and even weeks when I just don't feel like it at all. I don't know what triggers it, but it always comes back with a vengence!

In the downtimes, I enjoy being a guy and do all the normal things that a guy does. I rarely think about cd'ing then. Sometimes I see a pretty girl and enjoy the image and that can help to start me off again, but I never worry too much if I have gone a while without dressing.

InHerShoes
02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
You bet. Sometimes I'll look at my stuff and I'll want to be dressed but just can't bear to go through the effort of putting it all together.